• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Link Stage Discussion- Free discussion on any stage not covered

sasook

Smash Champion
Since the boards generally cover Link's competitive aspects, I'd personally suggest doing all the legal neutrals and cps before other stages to further Link's metagame and help the Link community as a whole.
Green Hill Zone and Pipes are both legal, according to the official stage list.

sasook

Smash Champion
and both are good stages for link, keep to the left on Pipes and you survive for ever with zair recovery, and some links know how to spam at green hill zone.
Yeah, or stay in the middle on Pipes and spam jab locks. lol

I don't need to spam on GHZ:

Opponent on right slope? Zair -> boomerang -> jab lock -> aerial spin attack -> gg

I freakin' love the aerial spin attack on that stage. It's so perfect since the ground is underneath you the whole time (ground is parallel to spin attack's pathway).

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Darn i need to incorporate that jab lock into my game.......
I just prefer the old fashion way XD

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Taken directly from the tournament thread where official SBR rule set recommendations are. Both Yoshi's island melee and green hill zone are counter

Counter

Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

This stage originally was in both the counterpick/banned category, but after a revote it was decided that this stage was a unique counterpick that was very effective against light characters (especially Metaknight); worries of D3's chain grab existed, but were not enough to warrant placing this in the ban category.

Green Hill Zone

The odd layout, break-away floor, and checkpoints led to this being a counterpick.

Deva

Smash Lord
Well, atm I wouldnt use what the SBR has been posting. They're going through huge revisions and most of the information they've posted will be changing drastically. For now it would be better to see what most State/ Regional/ National tournaments have been using for stage lists.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Add that Pictochat can mess with your projectile spam (especially in the Wind layout and when it is changing).

And I don't think you lose your projectile spam in Brinstar. It compliments my playstyle quite nicely actually.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Just a side note for, Yoshi's Island (Brawl & Melee) Smashville, Castle Siege, Luigi's Mansion and pretty much any other stage that allows you to hit an obstacle that causes attack deterioration is that you can tactfully deteriorate your moves to allow your kill moves to become fresh again. It's what I do after I kill someone at Luigi's Mansion. Single Jabs or Down-Tilts on the bottom pillars 9 times freshens all your kill moves again. I'd add that as a "Pro" to all stages with obstacles that can be hit...it can be a "Con" too if you're unwise with it. It's worth consciously knowing when playing on any of those levels though.

sasook

Smash Champion
Double post, I know, but WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO PLAY NORFAIR

Seriously, I've been wondering forever, and all I ever hear is "use projectiles, it's a great stage for Link because of multiledges and your project game" - yes well, it'd be nice to know how to use those projectiles in order to make it such a good stage.

I lose more often than win there.

EDIT: I feel this is worthy of a mention: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193606

in general I play like this norfair.

go to the highest platform and start your spam when the opponent is on the platform below you FJ Dthrow bomb and then throw your rang and go to the other high platform or if you read his jump fall through the platform to the ledge under you and ledge hop up onto it and start hit through the platform you were once standing on(CONFUSING DESCRIPTION) when lava comes its all about having the best defence(thats why Deva like the stage), run away from the lava as you are making attacks towards it(mostly bairs, use the c-stick) if opponent is between you and lava, otherwise get past your opponent and then hit him into the lava. when the opponent is about 100% start dairing.
Also I have a theory that it should be good to be on the lowest main platform when at higher percentages to be able to use zair recovery.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
in general I play like this norfair.

go to the highest platform and start your spam when the opponent is on the platform below you FJ Dthrow bomb and then throw your rang and go to the other high platform or if you read his jump fall through the platform to the ledge under you and ledge hop up onto it and start hit through the platform you were once standing on(CONFUSING DESCRIPTION) when lava comes its all about having the best defence(thats why Deva like the stage), run away from the lava as you are making attacks towards it(mostly bairs, use the c-stick) if opponent is between you and lava, otherwise get past your opponent and then hit him into the lava. when the opponent is about 100% start dairing.
Also I have a theory that it should be good to be on the lowest main platform when at higher percentages to be able to use zair recovery.
Me and sasook needed this, we had a fight on norfair and it was a mess D: thx

Deva

Smash Lord
Double post, I know, but WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO PLAY NORFAIR

Seriously, I've been wondering forever, and all I ever hear is "use projectiles, it's a great stage for Link because of multiledges and your project game" - yes well, it'd be nice to know how to use those projectiles in order to make it such a good stage.

I lose more often than win there.

EDIT: I feel this is worthy of a mention: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193606

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At5VXvHfNhY&feature=channel_page

copy and paste into your gameplay and your good to go. Also, some matchups dont really offer Link an advantage on this stage. If anything it just makes the matchup even, which is why you might not win some of them. For example, Marth/ G&W/ ROB/ etc. For most of those matchups, I'd suggest going Halberd. It's the next best thing imo, and for the matchups where the characters go even with Link on norfair, you'll actually have an advantage.

Jozo

Smash Rookie
WOAHW

this thread is amazing, helped me a lot, thank you for the hard work

Top Bottom