• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Leon S. Kennedy Thread

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Leon is now in my top 5, behind Geno, Cpt. Olimar, Will (Illusion of Gaia), & Harry (Teleroboxer). I think he would make an awesome addition, I mean hell, if Snake is in, Leon should be too. RE4 is one of the best games on the Cube, and will remain to be so. His moveset would be unique, focusing on his combat training, his knife, and pistol.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
no pistol or knife. sakurai believes this should not be so. but yes, if snake can get in then leon has a good chance too.

also, as soon as i can, i will post a moveset for leon and update the first page. i just have to think it over.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
I think he should though, Link gets his sword and bow & arrow, Fox and Falco get laser guns... Nintendo has to lighten up a bit... At least a knife or something, the pistol isnt all that necessary... But after that fight with Krauser (spelling?), he needs that knife.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Something I want to say,

LEON rocks!

I posted him before, but it's either closed or lost in cyber forum forever. I'd prefer yours. But one thing for sure, we need another real human in the game. (Don't include C.Falcon or Samus, okay. They are human but they hardly show their faces.)

This will be like a battle between Solid Snake & Leon S. Kennedy. Princess Peach & Princess Zelda. Ganondorf & Bowser. Clones versus clones. lol

The thing is, Nintendo will probably not like it, because it will alienate Mr. Hideo Kojima's plan for being the first real human character LOOKING smash fighter in the game's history and the first third-party character! Maybe in the next Smash game Leon will emerge, or maybe he will be in as a trophy and in his trophy inscriptions it will say "Will Leon ever fight again?" as its last sentence.

WHO KNOWS?!
Maybe that dream will come true . . .IN ANOTHER DIMENSION! BWA HA HA HAAA!
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .nah,
I'm just kidding with you?

But keep your spirits high for LEON!!

LEON! LEON! LEON!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well...i'm cool wit leon being in brawl considering the fact dat RE4 is like the most nastiest zombie game ever...even though they're not really zombies nemorez...but w/e...but yeah...now dat snake is in the game...it opens the doors of playable characters...but i am concerned...ssbm has like a weird cartoony friendly vibe too it...having characters like snake and leon might kill dat and make it akward....idk...but leon is still a cuhrazee bad a$$ and his game is the ****.....peace

-hiroshi

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
why would it matter that snake could not get leon in. leon is more of a main character than ada while krauser might be scary for younger players (i for one think having ada and krauser would be awesome, but due to 3rd party constraints, i have to pick leon)
No, if he were using a gun, he wouldn't be a Snake Clone. Saukri said that Snake would use a series of explosives where Leon would have guns probably
off topic: Is it true that brawl's gonna be for Gamecube

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
The only problem I see concerning his moveset is that it would be VERY similar to Snake's since they can't use guns. Both use grenades and a rocketlauncher as explosives as well as mines. Don't get me wrong, I'm on the Leon bandwagon, but his B moves have to draw a bigger distinction between him and Snake.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, if he were using a gun, he wouldn't be a Snake Clone. Saukri said that Snake would use a series of explosives where Leon would have guns probably
off topic: Is it true that brawl's gonna be for Gamecube
Sakurai stated no "Realistic" weapons, including guns and overly modern knives.

Off Topic: No, but you may be able to play it with your Gamecube controller.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Honestly, I've never played RE4, but I have seen lots of stills from the game and have an idea of what Leon is like. One thing I saw in the moveset was the VSmash was him doing the splits. I can't really see Leon dropping to the ground like fox and falco with his legs out. My idea would to have him hold a grenade in each hand, let them roll off, and have them detonate on the ground. The longer you charge it, the stonger and sooner the grenades will explode. The other move that I thought could use some revision was the ^B. How would you use it for recovery? I'm sure there is something better, but if not, oh well.
I SUPPORT LEON S. KENNEDY FOR BRAWL!

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I think the incendiary grenades from the moveset on page one should have a limit on how long the opponent continues to take damage and the effect should be canceled if the opponent is frozen or touches water. Also I think his jump would be a three because that's standard right? The incidiary are a good idea, and should do more than the regular grenades over time, but they shouldn't do that much more. I thinking the 2% additional stops after the grenade does about 20% damage as that it a pretty good amount for a ranged attack. I support Leon, but don't see him getting in.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, the incendiary would do moderate fire damage that last's as long as other fire type weapons in melee. i could add more power to some of the moves, but so far i like what i see.

and as for a snake clone, i have stated it before. even though both are realistic characters that use the same type of weaponry, there are big diffrences between the 2.

WaffleTruck

Smash Rookie
i know someone already posted a move set but i would like to post a different one.

For those of you that have played re4 u would know the roundhouse kick leon would do when a guy was stunned after being hit in the face which would make a great smash move for leon. Another move leon did was a supplex against the monks in the castle which would make a perfect bthrow. As for his third jump i can't think of anything massively acrobatic, but when leon was falling and about to hit the spikes in the throne room he pulled out a grappling hook and latched on just in time so that could be part of his recovery.

All in all i would have to say this would be my moveset suggestion

A - regular jab
AA- regular jab then a power punch (similar to ganondorf only with no spark damage)

ftilt-round house kick, similar to the way he swings in re4
dtilt-low shin kick where the leg sweeps the floor
utilt-uppercut (similar to mario utilt only less damage, less lag, slightly longer range)

fsmash- whirwhind kick
downsmash-? a captain falcon sort of thing?
upsmash-an arch kick of the sort

Grabs
grab attack-elbow
fthrow- picks them up a little higher and lean into a kick
bthrow- supplex
uthrow-tosses them barely up then leon lands on his back and springs up with both is feet hitting them
dthrow- elbows them to the ground

I know guns were not going to be in the game but i though that this idea would be cool
i already have a feeling leon is not going to make it in the game anyways....but......

downB- pulls out/puts away a handgun, or shotgun (it alternates)
B-fires the gun / swings knife decently fast (handun has 6 shots, shotgun has 3) handgun would shoot similar to the way the ray gun shot in the original ssb. The shot gun would have the idea as peach's toad only is a one hit thing (closer to gun for more damage, farther away less) nothing too over whelming though, handgun would basically be a faster falco shot (same damage) shotgun would be 17 damage at point blank.

>B-Reload gun/ shoot out grapple for a medium distance 1 hit then reel back in also would be his recovery which can tilt upward and downward as well. ( handgun would take 1.5 second to reaload, shotgun would take 2.5)

^B- i cant think of anything (grenade throw yoshi style??)

i cant think of aerial attacks either, but i think the above moveset would be cool (even though if he did get in the game he would totally not have guns or even the knife)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
has anyone heard about umbrella chronicles for wii? it shows how the characters escape racoon city in 2 and 3, and sets up how saddler gets the sample in re4. if this is true, leon should be playable. just thought you would like to know.

leon for brawl

hefty_baby

Smash Rookie
i think leons taunt should be the one from ps2 when he 'reloads' the chicago typewriter. ya know, when hes wearing his pimp suit lol. but it's the ps2 version...hmm probably not then huh?

Pikaluk

Smash Cadet
I think if they put in Leon it would be so awesome. Hes such a cool guy and my favorite Rezzy Evil character. So fun playing with him in number 2 and you kneel down and shoot off zombies heads with shotguns, and roundhouse kicking like Chuck Norris in rezzy evil 4.

If they do put in Leon they should put in someone from one of the other Resident Evil games. There are the choices from I think every resident evil they made. Since Im pretty sure they have resident evil 0-1-2-3-4 for gamecube....I say Jill or Wesker. Just because they rock =]

The moveset for Leon would be pretty tricky, just because he uses real life weapons and they are not allowed in SSBB. But im sure the inventive minds of the creators should be able to think of something, since they thought of one for snake. Definatly though the roundhouse kick would be in it, and the supplex (sp?). And yeah, the third jumping move would be a bit tricky and they would have to make something up out of the blue, maybe something like Cpt. Falcon in SSBM?

~LEON FOR SSBB!!!!~

Kojy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kojyneox
i support Leon For Brawl
RE4 was such a good game and Leon is THE bets character in RE also the one that has a higher fan base (thanx to RE4)
some more human characters wont hurt smas, it will only ake it better

REdhawk1303

Smash Rookie
I think that Leon would be a great addition for SSBB. I have read this whole thread and I agree; Leon is completely diffrent. Snake is more of a Bond type , with a the sneaking and silenced stuff. Snake doesn't like to be noticed, Leon tries his hardest to get noticed. SO I think that alone sets them in completely diffrent universes in terms of movesets. I haven't actually played, but I have seen dozens of screenshots form RE4 and I see a lot of guns yes; but granted I also see a heavy amount of martial arts. And this is only from screen shots. I have played SSBM and I think that most of Colbusmans move are correct for the platform. One I think would help is the grappleing hook. Unlike all of the characters except for Snake he cannot do things like samus's save of Falco's/Fox's nor can he float like Kirby or use similar abilities. If they could figure out a way to use the grappiling hook efficiently then I think that would help people. And not to be a critic to anybody so please don't take this the wrong way, bad spelling really makes me mad. So for all the people who put "supplex" in their post it is spelled suplex.

P.S. This is my first post so my avatar is a piece of crap, so despite this please take my post into account before you make absurd statements

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
I liked Leon and I liked playing as Leon but to see him as a character in Brawl I don't think so dude. We have Snake thats enough I see Leon as another Unlockable in another game.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Leon's chances of getting a Brawl spot are slim to none, dude. But IF he did get in...I'd main him. =D

Top Bottom