• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Leon S. Kennedy Thread

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i like your moveset meta. i may have to incorporate some of it in mine. i may make a new one sometime soon. there is one problem. sakurai said no knives, so that is why leon has no knives in mine. and i learned one thing doing jui-jitsu (yes i have done martial arts) is that it is easier to use your elbow instead of doing punches, as it won't hurt your hands. that is why i incorporated a lot of elbow thrusts and elbow punches instead of punches.

and sorry if i seemed mad. leon is my favorite character to get in smash, so anyone that thinks it is a bad idea makes me angry. hopefully we could be friends.

off topic-you still don't think the prince could work? i think he could add a little depth and gameplay to smash, what with his time and sand powers, along with his acrobatic feats. but i guess you see it diffrently. oh well.

EDIT:yeah, if you really look at it, leon would be a clone of snake, but i found some reasons why he couldn't be a clone.
1.Snake uses stealth. Leon runs n' guns.
2.Leon has a wider variety of obscure weapons, like the eggs, infinite rocket launcher, and the prl 412
3.If snake is using a box, how would leon use one?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
Rash said:
Well, Leon could use different kinds of grenades; he has incendiary and flash grenades to his disposal, while Snake only has normal grenades. Maybe Leon could use a flamethrower too; the only problem with that is that it's similar to Bowser's fire breath, Ness' PK Fire, and the fire flower.

Oh what the hell. Leon would be a clone in some regard no matter how you look at it. He'd still be cool though.
ah srry, i guess leon wouldnt be a clone and he would be a good counterpart to snake even though he will have several clone/clone-ish moves

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah, i guess no matter what, some characters will have clonish moves. i mean falco and fox are from the same franchise and had the same moves in ssbm, so how would they completely revamp them. at least one or two moves are going to be the same.

100links

Smash Ace
wasent he first orginated from the playstation? i think RE2 or something....and he couldent use weapons but maybe fist and a knife? *has a image with his grabbing yoshi and cutting his head off*.......

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
100links said:
wasent he first orginated from the playstation? i think RE2 or something....and he couldent use weapons but maybe fist and a knife? *has a image with his grabbing yoshi and cutting his head off*.......
Newsflash: Snake originated on the MSX console.

Also, Leon in RE2 used alot more weapons than his fists and a knife. Unfortunately most of them were guns.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ok, RE4 is simly the best RE game I played, and I've playd quite a few (but not all of them... about 5, and one was a remake of the first one)

Also, Leon is simplky a bad *** who deserves to be in a fighting game as good as Brawl.

Also, judging by the moveset ideas, he won't just be a clone of Snake, but rather, a tier with him!

LEON FOR BRAWL!

:p

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
colbusman said:
yeah, but re2 was for the 64 and then remade for the gamecube

and in re4 he uses more obscure weapons instead of realistic ones
What's your point? Metal Gear was on the MSX and remade for the NES. Also, RE2 was on PS first, then N64 (In a vastly superior port) then Gamecube (In a vastly inferior port).

You Didn't refute my points at all and now I'm not so sure what side of this argument you are on.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Finally someone with a great idea for a character. I have always loved the Resident Evil series and Leon is a great pick for a third party character. Any of the RE characters would be good. Maybe they can put Clair in it. :laugh: :)

zombie7775

Smash Lord
hemightbegiant said:
Yes, Leon in before any bad-a** gun-wielder

Oh, Zombie, try not to double-post more than once. MODS ARE EVERYWHERE!
sorry didnt mean to double post my computer wasnt doing what I told it to.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
dotdotdot! said:
What's your point? Metal Gear was on the MSX and remade for the NES. Also, RE2 was on PS first, then N64 (In a vastly superior port) then Gamecube (In a vastly inferior port).

You Didn't refute my points at all and now I'm not so sure what side of this argument you are on.
the first part was for 100 links, then you mentioned fists and real weapons, which i said if he was in brawl, he could use the obscure weapons found in re4. i refuted your point of real weapons. i was just saying to 100links that leon did originate on ps but then made his way to 64 (re2 for 64 is actually a really cool game. i havn't played it, but i have seen it)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yes.

As for Leon Kennedy, no, too many other 3rd party characters that deserve it more.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
That's mean...

And yes, Leon has been in 2 games? Plus the fact that Resident Evil 4 struggled on the Game Cube makes his appearance less likely.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I've seen/been meaner.

Resident Evil 4 sold great, I think it was the best-selling 3rd party game on the Gamecube.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Considering that Nintendo doesn't have a very good record with third party games, that means nothing to me. Maybe it did sell good enough since it did become a Player's Choice game, but it should have sold better.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
That's true, and I'm not going to argue, because we both don't want him in, and he probably won't even be in. Everybody wins, and by everybody, I mean the last 3 people to post including myself.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
Marshigio said:
I've seen/been meaner.

Resident Evil 4 sold great, I think it was the best-selling 3rd party game on the Gamecube.
well yeah, it got a ten, that's a perfect, which the other's probaly they didn't.

am I forgetting another game that got a perfect from 3rd party games for the nintendo gamecube?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It was a good game, I wasn't arguing that, I just doubt he'll be in the game.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
If you're talking about Nintendo Power's score, then Viewtiful Joe got a perfect score also. I'm not so sure about beyond Good and Evil.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yeah, don't trust Nintedo Power for games that came out ONLY on a Nintendo system. Resident Evil 4 was an excellent game though.

I have now made 1,501 posts.

If you like what someone has to say, +rep them!

I beat Earthbound yesterday, great game!

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
I know that resident evil 4 was a great game, anyone could notice that once they play it, but it's true, I don't think so either that he'll make it into the game, but he would be good idea (well that's me).

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Nintendo Power isn't biased. They gave Geist a 5 out of 10, and Viewtiful Joe 2 still got a good score. (wasn't as good as the original) Odama and Chibi Robo got an 8.

Lucky hax!11!!!1!!one!1! How did you get Earthbound?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Meh, I prefer EGM over it. Since we know he probably won't be in the game, everyone wins!

ZSNES, a SNES emulator. SPOILER tags are awesome.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
well those were good score's except for geist probaly it was a terrible game, not to mention that there have been worst games, like shadow the hedgehog, bad game.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah, geist did not live up to it's expectations. but for the cube, the 3rd party games nintendo power gave a perfect score was Tony Hawk 3, Super Monkey Ball, Rouge Squadron 2, Viewtiful Joe, and Resident Evil 4.

and i had this idea concerning Leon's arrival. i forgot who, but the creator or director wanted the game to be gamecube exclusive. now if he knows sakurai, then it might work the same way with Kojima.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Stryks said:
It would be cool if he was in brawl, but id rather have Krauser with the mutant arm!.
i wish i had done this earlier when i beat re4 for the first time, but i played mercenaries all the way through, and i have to say that krauser does kick *** in it. wesker and hunk were really cool too, with wesker's palm thrusts, and hunks neck breaker.

but i still beleive leon would be a better choice for brawl. Leon ftw!

Top Bottom