• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Leon S. Kennedy Thread

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i think leon would be too much of a snake clone so it wouldn't be as original but it could still work
As i have stated before, and with the moveset i made, i showcased that leon can be made into a non-snake clone. and as i said before, snake is sneaky while leon just runs in and shoots the sh** out of everything. that right there can make a character diffrent

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Dunno, I loved RE4, but the theme of the RE games seems a little dark for Smash (as opposed to MGS, which is a more layered experience that never really comes off as too dark. It's mostly psychological at the creepiest/deepest level, and mostly summer action movie at the most obvious level.) Leon also just doesn't seem as iconic as Snake, Snake also being a character with a knack for humor almost as big as his knack for dramatics.

But, in any case, all the best to your endeavours. It definitely wouldn't break my heart or anything to see him in the game.

I

i8waffles612

Agreed, he should be in this game. He ruled in RE4..
Is he also in Umbrella Chronicles??

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
This site has a Leon Kennedy thread....... wow............ Well he can fight.....and he has guns..... But isn't he with Capcom so that wouldn't work cause most people would rather have Megaman over Leon, and Leon is VERY violent. In other words Leon+Smash= Death
We already have snake so take him as your Leon except with a mullet

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Thats an awesome move-list! And Leon has a better chance of getting in than Mega-Man, as RE is a big franchise on Nintendo consoles as of late, with RE4 being put on the Wii now, as well as Umbrella Chronicles! Also REmake and RE0 were gamecube exclusives, and RE2, RE3, and Code Veronica all put on the Gamecube! All this makes a Resident Evil character, be it Leon or no, have a good chance of being a third-party character in Brawl. And imagine, the RE level could be the room with the Neptunes (sharks) from REmake, and the ring out could be the water, or just far off enough to the left/right. The sharks themselves could be a hazard, kind of like the klaptraps from Jungle Japes in Melee. Just imagine using those to your advantage!

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
If Leon has any chance in this game thet would have to change him like they Snake. They made Snake from Neck-snapping murderer to a nicer, more pleasant version of his former self. So they would have to re-model Leon. Megaman still has a better chance I think, he's already much more friendlier. But this isn't up to us to decide, but for really Capcom and Nintendo.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I mean that the rocket launcher in stuff is peaceful in a Super Smash way as in if he rocket launchers someone body parts aren't gonna go flying in this game. Smash friendly by what you said is what I mean

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
w00t.

Leon for Brawl, and congrats to you.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
As a big Resident Evil fan, I support Leon in Brawl, but let's face it, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in he!!. He's from Capcom, and they have at least 5 characters more deserving then him that would also be better suited for the game. Oh well. Nice moveset BTW. (But it needs some more RE2 influence)

Mind if I make one, too?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Colbusman, I made a moveset, but I found it too similar to yours so I didn't bother posting it. By too similar, I mean I had alot of same A moves you came up with, without even looking off yours or anything XD. I had different properties for those moves, of course, but it was still way too much like yours. I'll still post it if you'd like, but it's basically yours with more background for the moves and descriptions plus a few Resident Evil 2 moves and levels and stuff....

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Playing Resident Evil 4 Wii edition right this moment and I would love to see Leon for Brawl but I don't know how they would do his moveset without guns or copying Snake.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Sorry guys. I keep accidentally posting and it's starting to piss me off.

[edit]

Resident Evil 0 and the remakes of Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 were all exclusive to the GameCube. Leon was in RE2 and RE4 and will be playable in Umbrella Chronicles. Leon is probably the most popular RE character now. It was Jill Valentine, and it will soon be Chris Redfield when RE5 is released on the 360. But do to RE4's success on the GCN, there's a possibillity that Leon could end up in Smash. But, it's a really, really, really, really, really small chance.

I just thought I'd make that post have a point to it.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I am a big Resident Evil fan, even more than Super Smash.. But he would be a hard one to put in... He will look more realistic like Snake.. but Snake had a lot more melee moves so he is easier to make moves for.. And I bet Hideo Kojima helped with the moves too.

But Leon is a toughy.. even in RE 4 he didn't have much moves.. Kick.. Suplex..

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't think he would be a good choice. Metal Gear at least has its satirical humor such as breaking the 4th wall and "Snake vs. Monkey". Leon is just too cookie cutter and boring to be put in.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I don't think it's a matter of any individual character, I think it's just the name of the game that would never allow any RE character into brawl.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, DonkeyPirate's point seemed to be less "the game's too serious" and more "Leon isn't unique"... and I'd be forced to agree. Leon himself almost seemed designed to not have any character and he can just be summed up as "All-American Hero". Every time someone commented on Leon's personality in RE4 (which is the only one I've played), they were more or less saying "Oh ho ho, the silly All American Hero, you think your cowboy attitude will always win?"
Anyone remember Leon accusing Salazar of being a terrorist? That was definitely a funny moment in the game.
But, all in all, Leon himself doesn't really inspire, and I think other characters could represent the series better, probably. Generally people just use Jill Valentine to represent, like Marvel Vs. Capcom did.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Too bad MOST of RE4 players probably never even heard of Jill since they got into the whole Resident Evil series just from playing the fourth one.

But definitely Jill, she was there since the beginning and another female to throw in.

Though I guess it would be cool to have Leon in if they put him in anyway.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
My choice for Resident Evil representative would be Ada Wong. Not saying that RE will get a representative in the first place, though.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
My choice for Resident Evil representative would be Ada Wong. Not saying that RE will get a representative in the first place, though.
Hehe, and why Ada? Shes pretty much a background/supporting character. If anyone it would be the main characters.
Jill, Chris, Claire, or Leon.
Then the less featured playables
Rebecca, Billy, Ada, Sherry, and Steve.

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
Excellent work colbusman, your moves list is extensive and in-depth.

I agree that Leon S. Kennedy would make a fantastic addition to the Super Smash Bros. Brawl cast and that the fact that he is from a far more mature video game series than say Fox or Mario is definitely a positive as it will make Brawl more appealing to a slightly larger audience.

What's more I don't agree that Leon is too plain or cliché to be added to a game like Brawl. Think of how many famous Nintendo characters are walking stereotypes.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
one of leons problems is using moves that arnt "real life" weapons

for a <b> move, i was thinking of a great addition to his skill would be the mine launcher.

the simple idea is you fire it, and after a amount of time(3 seconds maybe?), the mine explodes hurting the target and anyone in the blast range. This could mean as being as useless as time to get in a safe spot when it explodes, or getting caught in the blast range, or it could blow up when the target is trying to recover to get back on the stage.

Maybe being able to charge it could effect the mine distance, and if it does not hit someone, it just sticks on the ground, exploding after 3 seconds.

anyway, probaly a lame idea, but, seems cool to me

vesperview

Smash Hero
Too bad MOST of RE4 players probably never even heard of Jill since they got into the whole Resident Evil series just from playing the fourth one.

But definitely Jill, she was there since the beginning and another female to throw in.

Though I guess it would be cool to have Leon in if they put him in anyway.
There was a resident evil with Jill for GCN you know.

courte

Smash Lord
perhaps some very close quarters weapons play?? just putting out there he needs a pistol whip like spanky ham needs his madlibs to say ***** or a shotgun gun stomach blow --all throw options

courte

Smash Lord
apologies for the double quote

There was a resident evil with Jill for GCN you know.
we all know that if capcom is even considered then its a done deal
fighting game masters have their own character star in another developers franchise they'll do for leon what mvc2 did for jill... not much in publicity but open up a fathomable moveset

pistol whip ftw

Top Bottom