• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Go ahead if you feel like it, I like to think I usually discuss things sensibly.

Of course, we'd end up pissing off the people who hate the subject and want this to be about Brawl and stuff.

Well...
Should Krystal be a starter or unlockable and if unlockable, how?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I assumed she'd be a starter, and Falco/Fox/Andross/Slippy/Peppy/Whoever would be the unlockable.

If she was unlockable, the obvious would be something Fox related. Maybe a tag team event match where face her if you win, or as homage to Falco in melee finish 100 man melee.

keroku_the_thunderwolf

Smash Apprentice
it all varies on what options are available. it could something new, also it wouldn't have to be just Fox, though it would be sensible. maybe what you play Brawl with could have to do with unlockables as well. just being open minded.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
True, it doesn't have to be Fox, but if it isn't character specific or an event match then it could be pretty much anything. Depending on what new single player modes there are or how Adventure mode may be developed on, there could be a variety of ways to do it. I'm not sure about controllers though, seeing as I don't think people would appreciate having to buy a GC or CC controller just to unlock a character (and any other characters that rely on that charcter being unlocked first).

Hopefully they won't have to resort to another Mewtwo >.<

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Aye, Mewtwo was a bit of a Pain to unlock. "Either play in versus for so long, or do so many versus matches."

Or something stupid like that.

Krystal is likely to be unlockable; I'd be surprised if she wasn't. Fox will likely be involved within the unlocking, in one obvious way, or another way that's miles from "the box."

NukeA6

Smash Master
Go ahead if you feel like it, I like to think I usually discuss things sensibly.

Of course, we'd end up pissing off the people who hate the subject and want this to be about Brawl and stuff.

Well...
Should Krystal be a starter or unlockable and if unlockable, how?
Krystal should be unlockable. I guess she could be unlocked by playing as Fox in single player mode without continuing. It's pretty much the same way you unlock Roy. Nothing too hard.

It be nice if she used a staff similar General Grievous's (from Star Wars Episode 3) guards.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it doesn't have to be Fox ya know. i mean Ganon and Roy were the only ones that had to be unlocked by someone in their franchise in melee. actually not neccesarily HAD to, but the option BESIDES playing vs. mode matches.

if anything, something to do with one-player mode (DUH!!)

kaid

Smash Master
Oh God, where have furry fetishes spawned from?
We have always been here, since time began and man walked the earth.

Egyptian gods, Native American Totems, Kitsune trickster spirits and the exploits of the greek Zeus, furrys have existed throuout history. The bible contains passages of outright beastiality, so don't get your panties in a knot.

Smady

Smash Master
Falco should honestly be a starter if Wolf and Krystal are already. What's the point of unlocking three StarFox characters?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Way I see it, only the main good guys should be starters, then they proceed to unlock their sidekicks or enemies. Minor franchise characters can go either way, I guess, but that's not the topic.

Falco can stay unlockable by 15 minute Melee-like means since he's just badass and stuff and doesn't really like being associated with Fox too much, I suppose.
Krystal would have to be unlocked by Fox because their "association" is much closer. Maybe in an Event Match, he has to save her... from RIDLEY! =O

Smady

Smash Master
Save her from Wolf. From Wolf. Then you play Wolf against Krystal, Fox and Falco in one of the last event matches for him...

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Fox and Falco are the last events for who? But to think about it how bout an event mode with an Arwing fight which let Leon and Panther pay their respects to Brawl.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be cool if she were unlockable, but then again, not if it means I have to wait until the game has shipped to actually find out if she's in it or not. If she was unlockable, then it would make sense to involve beating something using Fox.

It would find it quite hilarious if it was an event involving Fox having to fight the other dinosaur-ish characters in brawl i.e. Bowser, Yoshi, Ridley, etc. of course we'd have to wait for official confirmation of those characters; I dunno that's just my idea....

I personally like all her costumes, but I still like her alt costume from Command the best. Its awesome casue its retro like the uniforms from SF64. Cornerian pilot outfit FTW.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
How strange that I only just noticed this topic.
Anyway, this may have been discussed before, but it just came to me.
On the topic of ZSS, is there anything ZSS could theoretically do, that Krystal couldn't also theoretically do? Aside from the staff not being retractable like the whip, I can't think of anything.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Zamus can't wear bikinis and use comical HIP ATTACKS.

Well.
Zamus doesn't have a tail and her attacks are kicks and punches mainly, while Krystal will use the staff -> disjointed hitbox.

Wait, this is about what Zamus can do that Krystal can't?
Shoot stuff. Or, shoot stuff quickly.
Also, Krystal doesn't actually seem extremely acrobatic and will probably have slower attacks with her staff.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Oh, now that you mention it, I don't remember how fast the blaster was in assault. Didn't even think of that, since in that photo of ZSS shooting fox, her gun instantly reminded me of the magnums in perfect dark. Which, of course, were slow guns.
And the concept of a weapon user with a semi automatic made me think of DMC, so I was a tad biased in that regard.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I agree, but then again, if it were actual size, Kirby wouldn't be able to lift it, and it would look a little awkward. Sephiroth taught us that weapon bigger than self=overcompensation.

kaid

Smash Master
Actually, I'm not sure he could have. All the B movesets for Krystal have either Fire Blaster or Ice Blast as the move Kirby would steal, so Kirby would need his own staff to use that power.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I'm not sure he could have. All the B movesets for Krystal have either Fire Blaster or Ice Blast as the move Kirby would steal, so Kirby would need his own staff to use that power.
Well it could be similar to how Kirby just took a blaster out of nowhere when copying fox.
@roy_owns: Kirby looked good with Falco's hat. XD

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the staff is kinda small, relative of staff-kirby to staff-krystal.

but then again, there isn't any b moves kirby copies where the item he uses is out at all times, so maybe kirby shouldn't have the staff anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom