• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kentucky Brawl PR

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Lexington may be, but I can never make guarantees until I have my work schedule for that week.

Also, I'd like to apologize to KY players for being such an arrogant **** over the past 4 years.
It's smash, we all have to at least pretend to be cocky sometimes. Don't worry about it. @_@

I kinda wanna go, but I'm pretty sure I'm visiting my family that weekend in Indiana. So it's a no go. Sorry.

Id love to get a chance to use mk again some day tho. :( TELL MIKEY I SAID HI.

:phone:

Kel

Smash Master
Just one. I will be taking the JLPT on Sunday, so I cannot bring people who are bound by things like work/ entertainment/ partying.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm playing devil's advocate in one of those two points, for argument's sake. The one about leaving inactives off the list entirely is something I actually believe. The other arguments I'm making aren't something I actually believe, but I'm saying because I think you all are using poor logic/judgement.

Also we're doing a Pro-wrestling theme and I already got a good idea who's who.

Also also, I've already taken up pretending to be cocky to be my full time job in smash. I don't think there's enough pretending to go around, anymore.

Judo777

Smash Master
tl;dr: MMs are used when results from players are close.
Everyone missed my entire point. I don't care about being PRed. However, either MM's count as competitive play, or it doesn't no middle ground.

And if you are ranking player that go to to tournaments, thats fine as long as you state that that is the case. "This is the ranking of people who regularly attend tournaments in KY."

As Kero said, the last PR we had Kero went to 1 tournament for that season, he didn't meet the criterion at all, but it didn't matter because we all knew he was second best, we weren't wrong nor did we need more data. These things are pretty obvious when you approach the top of the list. I'm not saying this applies to me, but don't say we don't make exceptions, cause we do.

Lastly does vengence/revenge which ever one was more recent count as one of the season tournies?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Everyone missed my entire point. I don't care about being PRed. However, either MM's count as competitive play, or it doesn't no middle ground.

And if you are ranking player that go to to tournaments, thats fine as long as you state that that is the case. "This is the ranking of people who regularly attend tournaments in KY."

As Kero said, the last PR we had Kero went to 1 tournament for that season, he didn't meet the criterion at all, but it didn't matter because we all knew he was second best, we weren't wrong nor did we need more data. These things are pretty obvious when you approach the top of the list. I'm not saying this applies to me, but don't say we don't make exceptions, cause we do.

Lastly does vengence/revenge which ever one was more recent count as one of the season tournies?
MMS do count as competitive play, but you don't need to play competitively three times to be considered eligible for the PR. We shouldn't have to state that it's a pr for people who actively go to tournaments, because I don't think there's any PR that lets people get a few MMs in, go to maybe one or two tournaments(unless the scene is just that inactive), and then let them on their PR. I'll say we don't make exceptions as well lol. Maybe you and the last panel made exceptions and that's fine and whatever, but I have no idea how you've already gotten some idea that we are going to be making exceptions lol. This is a new panel and I would hope that we can keep from looking as messy as the last one did lol. I think Vengeance may have been dropped after that whole college tournament nonsense when we restarted the thread and what not.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Judo, you're arguing a point that doesn't matter anymore. We're not the old panel. I don't know what they were doing, but it's not what we're going to do. Anything about Kero getting on it when he shouldn't be on it or S2 being a HM is BS at this point. Stop bringing it up.

We didn't miss your point at all. You're ignoring ours. Go to 3 tournaments or you're not on the PR. Money matches will count after that. If it wasn't obvious that the ranking is for tournament players, then that sucks. It honestly should have been common sense.

Money matches are competitive, but they don't count as tournaments. I already explained why they don't. More data needed and such.

Judo I'll ask you again. Please stop bringing this up. It's a stupid argument to make, and I'm pretty sure you're not going to change anyone's mind on this. Yes, I'm going to say this every time you bring this up until you stop bringing it up. Please stop bringing it up :|.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
We have evolved from what we were. :p
Hehe. Wait I don't watch wrestling! D: ew! I thought we were doing KFC menu? So I can be the breast. Looooooolllllllll

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I ain't no green beans.

Also ffs Tech, Xisin is the Colonel and that's something that can never change.

Judo777

Smash Master
Judo, you're arguing a point that doesn't matter anymore. We're not the old panel. I don't know what they were doing, but it's not what we're going to do. Anything about Kero getting on it when he shouldn't be on it or S2 being a HM is BS at this point. Stop bringing it up.

We didn't miss your point at all. You're ignoring ours. Go to 3 tournaments or you're not on the PR. Money matches will count after that. If it wasn't obvious that the ranking is for tournament players, then that sucks. It honestly should have been common sense.

Money matches are competitive, but they don't count as tournaments. I already explained why they don't. More data needed and such.

Judo I'll ask you again. Please stop bringing this up. It's a stupid argument to make, and I'm pretty sure you're not going to change anyone's mind on this. Yes, I'm going to say this every time you bring this up until you stop bringing it up. Please stop bringing it up :|.

Ummmm this is a discussion thread, discussion is fair game here. I can bring up anything that i think is worth discussion. I don't know where you think you get this authoritative power to tell me or anyone what they can talk about, or tell people that their opinions do not matter. It honestly semi concerns me if you are on the panel for the state because that attitude is not conducive to a good community. I actually have no idea what makes you think you can talk down to people regardless of what you do.

@Ralph i even stated in my post that i was not expecting you to make exceptions. I have no idea why you would bring that up when i tried to make it clear in the original post that it was not relating to me. I was simply highlighting what S2 already said.

Some of the older players in our community, Myself, Eric, S2, Kassy have been through this kind of thing a lot more than you newer guys. It would be wise to listen to some of what we have to say instead of assuming that ur 2-3 years of competitive experience has taught you everything you need to know.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
but don't say we don't make exceptions, cause we do.

That's probably the most misleading thing you could've said if you were trying to say we wouldn't make exceptions lol. :p I also can't seem to find the part where you say we won't be making exceptions. O-o Out of those 3 more "experienced" people you listed you're the only one who disagrees with us. :o

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lol. Do you not know that I'm Joey and that I've been in the community since mid-2008? o_O'. Unless you mean pre-brawl in which case okay.

Discussion is fine. I'm not reporting you for bringing the argument up, and of course I can't force you to stop bringing it up. I'm saying that it's a dumb argument to make, we have criteria for a reason, and it's obnoxious to read at this point.

Also, you clearly said that "we make exceptions." You even said so in the post that Ralph was referring to in the paragraph:

"As Kero said, the last PR we had Kero went to 1 tournament for that season, he didn't meet the criterion at all, but it didn't matter because we all knew he was second best, we weren't wrong nor did we need more data. These things are pretty obvious when you approach the top of the list. I'm not saying this applies to me, but don't say we don't make exceptions, cause we do."

In that, you're saying that we make exceptions. Ralph was saying that we're a completely different panel, therefore we won't be making any exceptions. This is simple, yes? Even if you're not referring to yourself (If you're not, then I don't even know why you're making this argument exist at this point), it still stands that we're not making an exception for anyone. Go to 3 tournaments if you want to be on the PR. "You" being anyone and everyone in KY.

Don't really know why you're bringing up older players in our community anyways. Casey is an older player, I'm an older player... You don't have to be in a scene for four years to know that making exceptions on a Power Ranking is stupid and pointless, and it's why we have criteria for being on the PR now. We're going to stand by that criteria and that's that.

I'm asking you to leave this argument. Discussing things is fine. Having an opinion is also fine. Making this stupid argument and trying to drag it out way farther than it needs to go is obnoxious. We have criteria for a reason. Meet the criteria or you're not on the PR. It's pretty simple. Please stop bringing this up. It's a stupid argument to make, and you're not going to change our mind on this.

Edit:

but don't say we don't make exceptions, cause we do.

That's probably the most misleading thing you could've said if you were trying to say we wouldn't make exceptions lol. :p I also can't seem to find the part where you say we won't be making exceptions. O-o Out of those 3 more "experienced" people you listed you're the only one who disagrees with us. :o
I checked his posts, and he never said that at all. I thought the same thing. He straight up said that we do make exceptions. Thank god he's not on the panel :|.

I could have missed a post with him saying that we won't make exceptions, but I'm 95% sure that I didn't.

Judo777

Smash Master
Lol. Do you not know that I'm Joey and that I've been in the community since mid-2008? o_O'. Unless you mean pre-brawl in which case okay.

Discussion is fine. I'm not reporting you for bringing the argument up, and of course I can't force you to stop bringing it up. I'm saying that it's a dumb argument to make, we have criteria for a reason, and it's obnoxious to read at this point.

Also, you clearly said that "we make exceptions." You even said so in the post that Ralph was referring to in the paragraph:

"As Kero said, the last PR we had Kero went to 1 tournament for that season, he didn't meet the criterion at all, but it didn't matter because we all knew he was second best, we weren't wrong nor did we need more data. These things are pretty obvious when you approach the top of the list. I'm not saying this applies to me, but don't say we don't make exceptions, cause we do."

In that, you're saying that we make exceptions. Ralph was saying that we're a completely different panel, therefore we won't be making any exceptions. This is simple, yes? Even if you're not referring to yourself (If you're not, then I don't even know why you're making this argument exist at this point), it still stands that we're not making an exception for anyone. Go to 3 tournaments if you want to be on the PR. "You" being anyone and everyone in KY.

Don't really know why you're bringing up older players in our community anyways. Casey is an older player, I'm an older player... You don't have to be in a scene for four years to know that making exceptions on a Power Ranking is stupid and pointless, and it's why we have criteria for being on the PR now. We're going to stand by that criteria and that's that.

I'm asking you to leave this argument. Discussing things is fine. Having an opinion is also fine. Making this stupid argument and trying to drag it out way farther than it needs to go is obnoxious. We have criteria for a reason. Meet the criteria or you're not on the PR. It's pretty simple. Please stop bringing this up. It's a stupid argument to make, and you're not going to change our mind on this.

Edit:

I checked his posts, and he never said that at all. I thought the same thing. He straight up said that we do make exceptions. Thank god he's not on the panel :|.

I could have missed a post with him saying that we won't make exceptions, but I'm 95% sure that I didn't.

What does "we" imply? Wouldn't i have to be included in a "we" statement. Am i in this panel? No therefore I am obviously not referring to the current panel. Why would I be you guys already told me I'm not. I'm surprised you guys didn't deduce that from the conversation considering you guys are so adamant that you have followed all of it. No we did make exceptions, if we were still on the panel we might still make exceptions. But we are not. Please stop being so smug and talking as if I don't know what I'm talking about.

@ Ralph I actually requoted the clause that i stated in my last post. I said "I am aware this does not imply to me, but we have made exceptions before." That first dependent clause "I am aware this does not apply to me,..." would indicate i wasn't implying you all would make an exception for me, i dont want you to.

@ Joey referring to Ralph: You need to make your thorough checks through posts more thorough cause i stated it and you missed it, despite you actually only needing to read the 2 sentences directed at Ralph.

Lastly your opinion on making exceptions being terrible, NOT FOR THIS INSTANCE BUT IN GENERAL, (dont wan't you guys assuming I'm referring to me again), is just wrong. Making exceptions is often very necessary if you want to please people (which you do because we don't want to drive people away from the community, at least i think). Not making exceptions is why Spec got cheated out of his placings at the last tournament. They agreed to play an additional game (made an exception) then said "we can't make exceptions" and cheated him out of it. You might say "they shouldn't have made the exception in the first place and Spec shouldn't have had an extra game" and the correct response would be "your right they should have better coaching criteria if they have a coaching rule" but they didn't so an exception needed to be made. DQing the coach wouldn't do anything about the match, DQing the player wouldn't be fair. Sometimes you need to make exceptions.

Dear lord if you even hint at this being about me I will be pissed, I can't make it anymore obvious its not.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lets just say that we're not arguing making an exception for you specifically. We're talking about in general.

We never said that making exceptions with regards to anything outside of the PR is stupid. Neither of us are that shallow minded. We're talking about with this PR and this PR alone. Exceptions with this PR are stupid and won't be made for anyone.

We simply won't be having any exceptions when it comes to this PR. If it drives players away knowing that they will actually have to meet the criteria to get on the PR, then that sucks for them I guess. Same thing for rules in tournaments. If a person gets DQ'd due to breaking rules and then leaves the community due to that... sucks for them. Catering to the people shouldn't take priority over catering to the people that follow rules. If Spec was the one being coached, then sucks for him. If he wasn't the one being coached and still lost and couldn't have a rematch, then that's Chi's fault for making a poor decision. It happens, though.

You're getting your point across poorly here if Ralph and I are coming to the same conclusion.

Lets go through some sentence analysis

"but don't say we don't make exceptions, cause we do."

Regarding "we": No one ever said the old panel didn't make exceptions, therefore it can't be the old panel specifically.

With this little thought alone, it is pretty easy to assume that "we" would either refer to the Kentucky Smash Community as a whole (which includes the new panel) or Ralph along with myself (which includes the new panel).

I didn't miss anything with my check-through, you're just not being clear enough. :p.

Judo777

Smash Master
Lets just say that we're not arguing making an exception for you specifically. We're talking about in general.

We never said that making exceptions with regards to anything outside of the PR is stupid. Neither of us are that shallow minded. We're talking about with this PR and this PR alone. Exceptions with this PR are stupid and won't be made for anyone.

We simply won't be having any exceptions when it comes to this PR. If it drives players away knowing that they will actually have to meet the criteria to get on the PR, then that sucks for them I guess. Same thing for rules in tournaments. If a person gets DQ'd due to breaking rules and then leaves the community due to that... sucks for them. Catering to the people shouldn't take priority over catering to the people that follow rules. If Spec was the one being coached, then sucks for him. If he wasn't the one being coached and still lost and couldn't have a rematch, then that's Chi's fault for making a poor decision. It happens, though.

You're getting your point across poorly here if Ralph and I are coming to the same conclusion.

Lets go through some sentence analysis

"but don't say we don't make exceptions, cause we do."

Regarding "we": No one ever said the old panel didn't make exceptions, therefore it can't be the old panel specifically.

With this little thought alone, it is pretty easy to assume that "we" would either refer to the Kentucky Smash Community as a whole (which includes the new panel) or Ralph along with myself (which includes the new panel).

I didn't miss anything with my check-through, you're just not being clear enough. :p.

How can you know that making exceptions for this particular instance is stupid when this instance hasn't even occured yet. How do you know making exceptions for this particular panel is stupid? Do you have any past instances with this panel to indicate it would be stupid? Of course not that's impossible, because this panel for this PR has never existed before now. I don't even know the rationale behind your first few sentences. Like you have no ground on the claim that making an exception for this PR is stupid. It may seem stupid, you may have a lot of evidence indicating it is LIKELY to be stupid, but you can't just make the dobtless claim.

You then say that making exceptions in tournament IS stupid even though in the previous sentence you already said you were only referring to PRs and nothing else. And no Spec was coached against, and Chi did make a poor decision.......... by not making an exception.

"Regarding "we": No one ever said the old panel didn't make exceptions, therefore it can't be the old panel specifically." NO infact that's EXACTLY what the "we" means, infact i literally just told you that last post. Just because no one brought up the old panel prior doesn't mean i can't use it as an example (which is what i did, which makes sense because its an instance similar to our current one that i was involved in).

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
How can you know that making exceptions for this particular instance is stupid when this instance hasn't even occured yet. How do you know making exceptions for this particular panel is stupid? Do you have any past instances with this panel to indicate it would be stupid? Of course not that's impossible, because this panel for this PR has never existed before now. I don't even know the rationale behind your first few sentences. Like you have no ground on the claim that making an exception for this PR is stupid. It may seem stupid, you may have a lot of evidence indicating it is LIKELY to be stupid, but you can't just make the dobtless claim.

You then say that making exceptions in tournament IS stupid even though in the previous sentence you already said you were only referring to PRs and nothing else. And no Spec was coached against, and Chi did make a poor decision.......... by not making an exception.

"Regarding "we": No one ever said the old panel didn't make exceptions, therefore it can't be the old panel specifically." NO infact that's EXACTLY what the "we" means, infact i literally just told you that last post. Just because no one brought up the old panel prior doesn't mean i can't use it as an example (which is what i did, which makes sense because its an instance similar to our current one that i was involved in).
It's stupid to make exceptions, because you either have to do it for everyone(Why bother having a criteria at that point?), or you won't do it for everyone and that's not really fair for everyone. Also I don't think we have to have been in that situation to know it's stupid lol. I haven't murdered anyone before, but I know that it's pretty stupid to do and i'm not going to do so just to double check lol.

He was just giving another example that is comparable to this PR situation and just saying that if someone really wants to leave, because they don't want to follow rules that's on them. I'm pretty sure that poor decision was more by not stating the rules on coaching more clearly than not making an exception lololol.

I have no idea how we were supposed to understand that when you said we you meant the old panel without stating so specifically. :p Feels like we're getting trolled lol.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing -_-. I'll just point out again that nothing will be changed with the criteria for tournaments, and no exceptions will be made with regards to the power rankings. Meet the criteria or you're not on the list. There is no way around this. I'm not going to keep on arguing stuff that is not relevant to the PR in the PR thread.

Edit: Ralph, he's either trolling or arguing for the sake of arguing. Just let him be. It's not like he's making much sense at this point anyways :p.

Judo777

Smash Master
It's stupid to make exceptions, because you either have to do it for everyone(Why bother having a criteria at that point?), or you won't do it for everyone and that's not really fair for everyone. Also I don't think we have to have been in that situation to know it's stupid lol. I haven't murdered anyone before, but I know that it's pretty stupid to do and i'm not going to do so just to double check lol.

He was just giving another example that is comparable to this PR situation and just saying that if someone really wants to leave, because they don't want to follow rules that's on them. I'm pretty sure that poor decision was more by not stating the rules on coaching more clearly than not making an exception lololol.

I have no idea how we were supposed to understand that when you said we you meant the old panel without stating so specifically. :p Feels like we're getting trolled lol.
No exceptions are not stupid. Everything is not cut and dry. It is anyone in charges job to make a judgement call. Sometimes the only way to do the right thing is to make an exception.

It may have been the fault of the TO not clearly stating the coaching rule, but it is even more so the fault of the TO for not correcting the problem. And exception needed to be made in that situation.

If you did not fully understand what i was saying, why on earth were you trying to call me out as if you did? Like for real guys you can't be like "no you didn't say this, did he joey? yea thats what i thought." and then be like "well we didn't know." Like you guys literally were telling me that you thoroughly checked and then agreed with each other that i didn't then 2 seconds later said "how were we supposed to know." If you aren't sure, say so and don't act like you are.

And no at this point i'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm defending my own honor, because by attempting to call me out and say that i was wrong about events that actually occurred you have essentially called me a liar. And I freaking hate liars.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
There's a difference between us calling you liars and us misunderstanding you. You simply worded things very poorly, therefore we misunderstood you. It happens. :p.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Okay, yo, all 3 of you need to calm down. We aren't going to make an exception for the purposes of the PR (i.e. you have to go to three tourneys, or you aren't ranked, period). This means that Spec, Judo, and Joey are at the moment ineligible. We won't make exceptions for a one of you to be on the PR, or any other. And exceptions by the way, are generally a bad thing, because it's indicative of a poor ruleset, or of someone not willing to stand by the rules they stated.

But really, there's no reason for this argument to take place right now; I'm not even sure why you guys are arguing.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850

Whelp. 0_0

Let's just agree to disagree.
There will be no exceptions. This is a list, on a website, we made rules, we expect everyone to follow them it's not that big of a deal, it's not that difficult to understand.

The spec thing could be misinterpreted a couple different ways, but I really think they should of let spec advance, and I feel like I was cheated out of pools. We learn from our mistakes and at least attempt to fix the rules, then it wasn't all in vain.
:(

We have plenty of tournaments listed in the OP and most of them are in KY and even in Lousiville. There are plenty of tournaments, and it's over a time span from Aug-Jan. Thats 6 months, if you haven't been to at least 3 tournaments in half a year then you aren't considered active enough. I'm sorry. There's plenty of time and tournaments left, I'm sure some people could sneak into the list. ^___^ yay!

I really hope I don't sound mean Judy. ._.<3
Here's a picture of pogo to make this thread better! :D

Pogo wants everyone in KY to do well! :D he told me!

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I've given up on that crew battle. >_< Retribution was probably our last chance for a while to have all of our best for the most part at the same tournament lol.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Ralph, don't speak for people who haven't spoken. I disagree. But this isn't my argument so yeah. And I guess I'll also just inherently disagree with anything a PR panel says too.

Roller

Smash Legend
What I've realized over the course of reading the past 2 pages or so:

1) Judo cares way too much about being #1 on this PR.

2) Kass apparently converses with her animals.

3) I'm hungry.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Judo never struck me as the kind of guy who would get butthurt over not being on a list. Why would it matter when everyone knows him and Kel are KYs strongest bar none. Pretty sure he's just arguing for the meaning/principle of the matter. I have no opinion on any of this but since KY is growing/improving (good ****), I could see his concern if he thought there were inconsistencies in the criteria for the PR.

Top Bottom