• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kentucky Brawl PR

Judo777

Smash Master
But we have always counted money matches? Otherwise we go strictly by tourney placings right?

Also we know that i play smash in a tournament setting more than almost anyone else (i have played in smash weeklies with bracket like every week for 2 years straight almost). But if money is all that matters, its all that matters.

:phone:

Judo777

Smash Master
If you count MMs as criteria for the PR it has to account for eligibility otherwise it makes no sense. How can something determine how good are if it doesn't demonstrate that you actively play the game.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
In order to better track consistency, it has been decided that you must attend at least 3 tournaments that have been approved by the KY PR's standards in order to even be considered for the PR.

^^^^^

Along with tournament data (bracket and pools) we will include Money Matches where you must submit the dollar amount played for.

^^^In the op

Judo777

Smash Master
Well what defines a legal tournament cause that just makes it sound like you guys get to pick and choose. In which case i cant possibly be on it.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Well what defines a legal tournament cause that just makes it sound like you guys get to pick and choose. In which case i cant possibly be on it.

We put the ones that are legal in the op and if there's one coming up that you think is going to be a serious enough tournament then you can post about it and the panel can vote/talk/whatever about it and see if it will count.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
"In order to eliminate bias"

"We all think you're number 1."

Yeah I think everybody who knows anything about KY smash knows it's clear Judo is the best player in KY. I don't see how this is possibly biased, given that literally every party believes he should be number 1. It's honestly preposterous to appeal to a bias factor here, even more so than the logic that has kept me unranked my entire career. I understand the fear of "but if we make this exception it'll lead unto a whole slippery slope of biased decisions" but slippery slope arguments are fallacies and also there's no party in disagreement in this situation.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
The next ranking should be based off of mk banned tournaments, since we have had those the most here. :/

I'll go ahead and say my list.

1. Judo
2. Kero
3. Joey
4. S2
5. Smile
6. Ralph
7. Mister Eric

Hms maybe? SP? And idk.

It's really hard to figure out whether Ralph should go over Joey or not. S2 had some great wins at retribution, and the smile got 2 at bith. The top 5 I'm pretty confident in, the 6-7 as well as HMs I'm iffy on. My list could change completely, but judo and Kero are the most consistent top 2 players in ky. Everyone else is all over the place except for maybe Joey.

Also my stuff in the OP is missing results from a couple tournaments. But meh. I really don't want to be on this list because I think it should be mk banned.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
You're on the panel lol. You should have the information to get on the PR profile and change the stuff. :o

EDIT:Also i'm not sure why we wouldn't count MK legal as well lol, but I think that should probably be discussed in that one skype group thing to avoid another one of those silly arguments like the one that led to us discarding last seasons results and starting over lol. :p We should just use that more overall imo lol.

Judo777

Smash Master
You're on the panel lol. You should have the information to get on the PR profile and change the stuff. :o

EDIT:Also i'm not sure why we wouldn't count MK legal as well lol, but I think that should probably be discussed in that one skype group thing to avoid another one of those silly arguments like the one that led to us discarding last seasons results and starting over lol. :p We should just use that more overall imo lol.
Lol i don't know crap guys. I'm on the panel?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Judo you haven't gone to enough tournaments to use that signature, you're off the God Kais!™ Power Rankings. Sorry Judo, you've gotta hand in your swag and your badge.

Also no you're not on the panel man.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Lol i don't know crap guys. I'm on the panel?
You are not on the panel. The panel list is listed in the OP.
I would love for you to be a part of the panel, but your head doesn't seem to be into competitive smash anymore.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If I may ask, what constitutes Smile being put over Ralph?

It might be a bit late in the line, but SP has been seeming pretty legitimate. He beat #2 or #1 in NS. :3 (Sorry Raziek).

Kel

Smash Master
I believe it depends on what character Kel picks.
Wat? Why does it matter what character I pick? I'm not on the KY PR. I'm still Ohio (the most important state in the union). If this is in regards to Chi's tournaments, most people (even Chi) have admitted that those Sunday 'tournaments' shouldn't count for anything. There is no money on the line and no reason to play to win.

Kadill

Smash Rookie
You are not on the panel. The panel list is listed in the OP.
I would love for you to be a part of the panel, but your head doesn't seem to be into competitive smash anymore.
Judo: Dude my head is still in it, i just have a hard time finding time to travel much, im also less interested in playing on the weekends when i play 10 times a week in Lex with other would be ranked players. Also senior year is ridiculous.

*friends account

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Wat? Why does it matter what character I pick? I'm not on the KY PR. I'm still Ohio (the most important state in the union). If this is in regards to Chi's tournaments, most people (even Chi) have admitted that those Sunday 'tournaments' shouldn't count for anything. There is no money on the line and no reason to play to win.
I mean I played to win and still got stomped. I must suckz prii baaaaa

Judo: Dude my head is still in it, i just have a hard time finding time to travel much, im also less interested in playing on the weekends when i play 10 times a week in Lex with other would be ranked players. Also senior year is ridiculous.

*friends account
Okay. We'll talk more soon. I'd love your input.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Hey, why are we discussing who should be ranked out in this thread? The panel should discuss it amongst themselves, once the season is over. Until then, anything we discuss is incredibly premature. Also, the rankings shouldn't be discussed by panelists outside of the panel, at least until the season is over.

That being said...

Something2Do:
Total Entrants: 18
Placement: 5th

Winner's Bracket:
Defeated Amida (Falco vs. Snake) 2-1
Lost to Kero (Falco vs. Olimar/Marth) 2-0

Loser's Bracket:
Defeated Excel (Falco vs. Luigi) 2-0
Defeated Crash (Falco vs. Luigi) 2-0
Lost to Joey (Falco vs. Kirby/Olimar/Luigi) 2-1

Money Matches:
Defeated Amida (Falco/MK vs. Snake) 3-2 $20
Lost to Judo (Falco vs. Sheik) 2-0 $10

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Also, just throwing this out there, but Amida? Watch out for him. Kid's got so much potential. He'll be a top player here soon.

AND POST YOUR RESULTS PEOPLE. We'll look for any missing results once the season is over, but if you don't post them, we can't make guarantees they'll be found.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
But I play less seriously at big tournaments like Retribution because the money is out of my reach. I don't think that tournament should count because out of all of us here, who even had a shot of getting the money? If I had beaten Kel, I would've ran into DeLux immediately and I'm sure I would've lost that match, so I was sandbagging then. I had no chance of making money, so what reason was there to try?

I don't believe that logic works.

Also Casey, you can't try and shush ranking discussion into the panel. That's another thing that used to always happen here in KY, and then people would be outraged at ridiculous rankings. I'm very sure you commented on this subject before, way back when.

S2D 10-3-12:
3rd/18

Winner's Bracket:
Won 2-1 vs Twig (DK vs Wario)
Won 2-0 vs Kryp (DK vs ?)
Won 2-1 vs Joey (DK vs Luigi/GW)
Lost 0-3 vs Kel (DK vs Marth)

Loser's Bracket
Lost 2-3 vs Kero (DK vs Olimar)

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww350/HeyBros/S2DBracket.png

KERO

Smash Journeyman
S2D 10-3-12:
2nd/18

Winner's Bracket:
Won 2-0 vs Max (Marth vs R.O.B. and ?)
Won 2-0 vs Shadow Phoenix (Olimar and Marth vs Falco)
Lost 0-2 vs Kel (Olimar vs Marth)

Loser's Bracket
Won 2-0 vs Kryp (Olimar vs Pit)
Won 2-0 vs Joey (Olimar vs Luigi and Olimar)
Won 3-2 vs DtJ Randy Butternubs (Olimar vs DK)
Lost 1-3 vs Kel (Olimar vs Marth)

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww350/HeyBros/S2DBracket.png

Kel

Smash Master
But I play less seriously at big tournaments like Retribution because the money is out of my reach. I don't think that tournament should count because out of all of us here, who even had a shot of getting the money? If I had beaten Kel, I would've ran into DeLux immediately and I'm sure I would've lost that match, so I was sandbagging then. I had no chance of making money, so what reason was there to try?

I don't believe that logic works.
Yes, I agree that your logic here does not work. Unlike that Sunday tournament, there was actual money to be won at Retribution. Your defeatist attitude had nothing to do with how your competition played because they were playing to win money. Chi's tournament had absoutely $0 for 1st place. It was impossible to win money at that tournament, regardless of how you played. Money matches mean more than that tournament, and you all aren't counting those. The tournament I held at SP's means more because there was actual money on the line. Chi's tournament was essentially a smashfest. Everyone except the people with something to prove think this way.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How' bout I make it easy for you guys:

"Everyone is expected to play to the best of their ability in a formalized competitive setting. While we understand there can be discrepancies in playstyle, character choice, and drive in friendlies and money matches, we do not accept those variables as a reality in a formalized competitive setting (e.g., tournaments with cash prizes and a formal bracket and/or pools system).

All games played in such a setting will be assumed to be played at the best of your ability. You will be given no additional lee way when it comes to judging due to poor choices you made of your own volition, regardless of how they may or may not have affected your placement."

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
......whelp.....

I'll be sure to wait on discussing my list.

Also lol at Amida being up and coming. XD
I thought Ralph was our up and coming snake, I guess we have another now too??

Top Bottom