• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kentucky Brawl Power Rankings: PR is officially up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Are we possibly just waiting for RAGE before we do anything? o-o

EDIT: We should also start finding out what tourneys will count towards this

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
So how far back are we counting tourneys? Also we should try to get a set in stone panel. We kind of stopped talking about it after some confusion.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
imo these are the options we have for a panel:

Louisville: Me
Lexingtion: SP, Judo, Kassandra
Morehead: Eric
Green Up: You

So depending on how we're trying to limit the PR group...

3: Kassy/SP/Judo, Eric/Ralph/Me (2 from this group)

4: Kassy/SP/Judo, Eric, Ralph, Me

We don't need 2 reps from any of those locations. Inb4 "Lexington is so big!"... Lexington's smashers aren't very active outside of their own city, which is not very good for a PR.

Are we counting the S2D monthlies? If so, then I'd suggest the following tournaments for the list:

July 28th S2D (It's a week after RAGE so I don't see why we wouldn't include it)
Rage (assuming that Kentucky people go, of course.)
Overswarm Monthly
June 16th S2D
May 12th S2D
Vengence
March 17th S2D

I'm probably forgetting a few, but a 4 month span is probably good enough for a power rankings lol.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Yes. We can re do it after rage. I demand that both peach divas, (Joey and I) be panelists no matter what, so this pr can stay stylist. <3

;)

:phone:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Was the last OUGA tourney within that time? o-o

Also I honestly don't think anyone from Greenup should be on it. o-o Eric pretty much covers Morehead and Greenup.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Does Judo even have interest in being a panelist?

If not (counting Ralph's statement above), I'd go for a Kassy/SP, Eric, and me panel. Possibly both Kassy & SP.

That's assuming that Eric has interest in being a panelist.

@OUGA: I have no idea lol. I'll check after this wifi tournament xP.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I remember Eric talking about how he didn't have the time to be active or something like that.

EDIT:Also is this PR going to focus on people you beat or placement you got? I'd hope it's people you've beaten since that would just make more sense imo.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It's always based on who you've beaten, not how you've placed lol.

The thing with the February S2D is that it's long ago lol. If we wanted to include it, we could, but it IS 5 months ago lol.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I honestly think anyone from Greenup would be sort of biased. That's mainly why I would want Eric on lol. =p

EDIT: Just making sure because last time there was confusion when we made the PR. :V

The_SMILE

Smash Apprentice
It's always based on who you've beaten, not how you've placed lol.

The thing with the February S2D is that it's long ago lol. If we wanted to include it, we could, but it IS 5 months ago lol.

Well thats fine. I didn't suggest that tourney that I got 2nd at solely because I placed well. But because It was recent, had much of ky, and I haven't been able to make it to many tournies lately. So I don't want to be counted off because I didn't attend most of the tourneys listed...
I only referred to it that way because I couldn't find a link to it, and don't remember it's name...

I mean... there was one listed that was only 1 month more recent... I'm not seeing the big difference there.

I honestly think anyone from Greenup would be sort of biased. That's mainly why I would want Eric on lol. =p
I'm not really following this. I mean, it's not something you could just make claims on anyhow.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Hahahaha I play marvel now so I won't be biased at all. I may not even suggest myself to be on the list depending on how rage goes. XD

I just want ky to do well. <3

But I mean Ralph I'm going to be super biased towards, especially if he starts wearing shoes.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I'm not really following this. I mean, it's not something you could just make claims on anyhow.
No but you could push for the wrong people to be higher or not push for people who are better than you think. :\ I don't think anyone in Greenup plays with anyone outside of Greenup much except for Eric, and I think that ignorance wouldn't really help make an accurate pr/would lead to poorly made assumptions about other players skill. =p

But I mean Ralph I'm going to be super biased towards, especially if he starts wearing shoes.

Well I've got 2 more tourneys to wear shoes and place well it would seem. BD

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
SMILE, there are two problems with that tournament you placed 2nd at. First, the ruleset was wildly different from most tournaments.

2nd, there being a lot of KY players at it is actually bad for results. Who you can beat OoS matters a lot more than who you can beat in KY, just because we play each other more often. To give an example of why this is bad, last time I played Judo, our games were fairly close. This is just because we play each other often. However, someone that was unaware of that and just went with the results of that would assume that we were fairly close, without taking into account the fact that we just know each others' play really well (also, for the record, I'm nowhere close to Judo's level, even with how rusty he's gotten).

Kel

Smash Master
It's not looking like there will be a tournament on the 28th. I think they want to move it to August 11th or something lame and super far away.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm on board with August, lol. I has cookout planned on the 28th

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lol.

11th isn't 100% confirmed, but I'm trying my best to get it for MRM.

<333333333333

I think there could just be a giant smashfest or something at a location that I am not responsible for even if there isn't a tournament.

Ya know, cause like, I'm coming through anyway.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
What time does the tourney usually start at S2D? Like realistically?

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
If it starts on time, I might be able to come and compete.
I have a cook out to go to in Louisville around 4 I think.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Luminoth's :wolf: is gonna be my :dedede:'s personal butt cushion if we play next weekend.
Butt cushion? lmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

AY YO. Givin' me away! It could be Pit...
I mean, lets think here.

Characters with Wings.

Bats have wings
Angels have wings

Nothing else.

Birds clearly don't have wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom