• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kentucky Brawl Power Rankings: PR is officially up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuee

Smash Hero
IN has Krystafdsfsefsfdz right?
I mean if we include him then we might be able to take out more than one player :/

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Well yeah, not in tournament, because my metaknight is butts. But I kinda have fun playing him sometimes :x
Also drill rush is the best move in the whole game and your zero suit was good before you dropped her :(

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, BlazBlue:CS II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, SSF4:AE, Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition, and more! Smashers are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308992
I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med. School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
What will the payout dispensing be like? There was recently an issue with another tournament only giving payouts to first place, which is quite different from what the Smash community is accustomed to.

:phone:

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
What will the payout dispensing be like? There was recently an issue with another tournament only giving payouts to first place, which is quite different from what the Smash community is accustomed to.

:phone:
We've always had the support of the Smash community in Arkansas. We used to do 70/20/10 but they said that 60/30/10 is more in line with what they're used to at other local tournies so that's what we've changed to. If we can secure monetary sponsorships, those will go into the bonus at the same percentages as well. Last year we secured over a thousand dollars in bonus pots (total) for Melee, Brawl, Street Fighter, and Marvel. This year we're working on something similar (but no guarantees yet).

EDIT: We always try to run our tournaments as un-shady as possible. $15 entrance which will cover two days PLUS we will provide you guys with free pizza (should be Papa John's) and drinks. No "two slices of pizza" rule either. We TRY to make sure that everyone is full before we stop ordering. Also, we will be having an afterparty (completely optional) that night for $5 more where we will provide beer and there will be a lot of (probably drunken) friendlies (because of alcohol, this is a 21+ event) and money matches. It should be a great time for everyone and of course we're always here to please so if you have any issues, let us know!

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
The problem with making it 21+ is that you're eliminating a lot of the Smash players around here.
Yeah, we realize that. Unfortunately we have to do that with our venue's policy of kicking out everyone who's not 21 if alcohol's involved. That being said, everyone who goes has the venue until we close for the after-party (~midnight) and they have it all of the next day as well. I'm sure the Smash guys here don't mind throwing an after-party of their own at their place, but of course there will be PLENTY of time for friendlies/crew battles during the day of the tournament. Come in at noon, play till midnight. If that's not enough, come back the next day for free!
There's a smash community in Arkansas?
The Arkansas thread is pretty active. ~300 pages in the past year
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74229&page=719
That's just a subset of the Melee community here as well. There are still more Melee and Brawl players in the state.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Sir SmokeMaxX, you'll have to ignore Roller here, he's garbage at both games, and is a bitter kid that tries to troll everyone.

I don't really see the thread as being that active though. Is there anyway to allow people under 21 in?

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I can't think of but maybe a couple dozen smash players over the age of 18. How about..I dunno, you have to show I.D. before purchasing? Then again there are irresponsible ppl in the world.

Roller

Smash Legend
Sir SmokeMaxX, you'll have to ignore Roller here, he's garbage at both games, and is a bitter kid that tries to troll everyone.

I don't really see the thread as being that active though. Is there anyway to allow people under 21 in?
Clearly the trolling works. The only reason for you to include the first part of your response would be if I'd been getting to you. Especially considering the second half is you agreeing with what I said.

Stay free, KY. :pimp:

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I only see 270 pages since it's inception in '06. lrn2 40ppp. And that is nothing.
Haha hey 270 is greater than... 269!

Haha the 21+ is AFTERPARTY only. Everyone still has the venue from noon until about midnight when we shut down for the afterparty. Then anyone under 21 can arrange their own private parties or play friendlies at a local player's place. However, our venue specifically states that during the afterparty we cannot have minors in the building. If we do, we get kicked out. Sorry about that :( I even asked about wrist bands or closing them off to the alcohol section.

I'm pretty sure the 21+ only applies for the afterparty due to laws against drinking, and not for the whole tournament.
Yep.
Clearly the trolling works. The only reason for you to include the first part of your response would be if I'd been getting to you. Especially considering the second half is you agreeing with what I said.

Stay free, KY. :pimp:
Lol I've been trolled so much lately. Honestly my troll detector is broken now.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
lmao roller you just fail so hard.

xD

If we so free, then I'll expect plenty of money matches. :D
Yay! I'm going to get a pedicure with all of the wonderful money I will be receiving. <3 Maybe a manicure too. Hmm...teehee

Roller

Smash Legend
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom