• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE OFFICIAL Kennesaw, GA (and surrounding areas) Thread

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah Yeah, hilarious stuff. I know how we all phail at getting stuff together >.>

I guess it's because half of us don't have reliable transportation, which should be changing for me soon

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
i was laughing because these people in kennesaw can never plan smashfests accordingly.
Its true. Well to prevent getting laughed at further lets turn the attention to someone else. Marty this is for you:

For all you "marth over roy lovers" you're...EXTREMELY wrong.
Roy, is actually the better of the two. Marth is fast, sure, but everything else is on a downside. He's easier to smack across the screen.
Bowser: "MOVE IT BISH"

Marth: "x.x"

And Roy isn't however, and he is much more powerful.

Marth may be fast a swinging his blade, but their not very powerful. Link and Roy have more damage in their blades, at least TWO of his hits equals ONE of theirs.

Its not done yet. I tried to explain how wrong he was and he replied...

Ohmmm...you fail, you just said the same thing around five times, which was wrong. Y'know that yellow part in his blade, in the middle? THAT'S his strong point, I don't see how you got "blade" and "hilt" confused in the trophy discription. Also, his Up+B recovery isn't any different from marth besides the fact it has more force behind it. Also, "Teh fire" has nothing to do with it, in fact, you fail on that part. (Especially, that part) Encase you don't know, there's "clash" in this game. If a skilled player using roy is fighting a skilled marth, there's a disadvantage for the marth, period. This is because Since Roy is such a powerhouse he can charge at marth, and if you "clash" Roy will win, because roys blade is actually more power than marth's at close range. Also, A skilled Roy player can easily get "into the fray" to commit ownage, usually if someone is good at combos with a character (Like me with roy) Usually people like marth are screwed because of their defense.
Also, considering it's a vid game, there is no "strategic point" cause if you focus on the tip of the blade too much, you fail. Also, most of the characters have a range as big as marth and roys, so you can't necessarily get out of their range without getting out of range for your own blade. Marth is only good if you can dodge, if you can't dodge, then he's pwned. Roy's betters because he doesn't need to dodge, and if you can use him correctly you can own any marth fanboy....or someone who's good at marth.
Not to mention you said marth was SLIGHTLY faster than roy.
You see, if you have all power houses vs. marth, you're screwed. Roy is a character that can fight any type, fast, slow, medium. If marth is fighting chars like (Ganondorf, Bowser, DK) He won't really be good.
Roy has more of a chance because his attacks are stronger.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Its true. Well to prevent getting laughed at further lets turn the attention to someone else. Marty this is for you:

For all you "marth over roy lovers" you're...EXTREMELY wrong.
Roy, is actually the better of the two. Marth is fast, sure, but everything else is on a downside. He's easier to smack across the screen.
Bowser: "MOVE IT BISH"

Marth: "x.x"

And Roy isn't however, and he is much more powerful.

Marth may be fast a swinging his blade, but their not very powerful. Link and Roy have more damage in their blades, at least TWO of his hits equals ONE of theirs.

Its not done yet. I tried to explain how wrong he was and he replied...

Ohmmm...you fail, you just said the same thing around five times, which was wrong. Y'know that yellow part in his blade, in the middle? THAT'S his strong point, I don't see how you got "blade" and "hilt" confused in the trophy discription. Also, his Up+B recovery isn't any different from marth besides the fact it has more force behind it. Also, "Teh fire" has nothing to do with it, in fact, you fail on that part. (Especially, that part) Encase you don't know, there's "clash" in this game. If a skilled player using roy is fighting a skilled marth, there's a disadvantage for the marth, period. This is because Since Roy is such a powerhouse he can charge at marth, and if you "clash" Roy will win, because roys blade is actually more power than marth's at close range. Also, A skilled Roy player can easily get "into the fray" to commit ownage, usually if someone is good at combos with a character (Like me with roy) Usually people like marth are screwed because of their defense.
Also, considering it's a vid game, there is no "strategic point" cause if you focus on the tip of the blade too much, you fail. Also, most of the characters have a range as big as marth and roys, so you can't necessarily get out of their range without getting out of range for your own blade. Marth is only good if you can dodge, if you can't dodge, then he's pwned. Roy's betters because he doesn't need to dodge, and if you can use him correctly you can own any marth fanboy....or someone who's good at marth.
Not to mention you said marth was SLIGHTLY faster than roy.
You see, if you have all power houses vs. marth, you're screwed. Roy is a character that can fight any type, fast, slow, medium. If marth is fighting chars like (Ganondorf, Bowser, DK) He won't really be good.
Roy has more of a chance because his attacks are stronger.
Can you -please- give me the link to this topic.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
yeah. you're right Mark, i don't think they knew what they were talking about. There's just too much WRONGNESS in there i think.

oh yeah btw,

IT DOES SUCK TO BE 16!!!

*sigh* lets do something at my place this weekend please.

Or Dasmoan's,

or Rayku's.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Anytime on Saturday. Bring skills. the guys that came over this past saturday were Beast's.
Well i probably dont have quite as much skills as the dudes who came over last saturday, but i can try. 4 day weekend, so im definitely there. I just need to know where you live.

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
Well i probably dont have quite as much skills as the dudes who came over last saturday, but i can try. 4 day weekend, so im definitely there. I just need to know where you live.
No doubt. I bet you'll hold your own though. I gotta 4 day weekend too XD. PM me with your contact info and ill give you directions. oh Ill call you nicaboy i havent forgotten about you either. Anyone else wanna play the same to you too.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I have all next week off for some ridiculous reason >.>

So yeah...Smash at one point during the week? Monday or Tuesday maybe? Since I know most people have one of those two days off if they're in high school.

$5 says Nica won't show up to play Brawl lol

nicaboy

Smash Champion
lol i didnt do that on purpose lol w/e hey john we got to play again some time lol
rayku i most defintly will be there thank you are you going? hey if you do 2mm my fox vs yours in brawl??!! lol everyone gets owned by lucaus end of story muhahaha

Rayku

Smash Lord
wow. Unlike you, I don't say I can go somewhere unless I have already confirmed my ride in some way or another. No I will not be going, I have no desire to play Brawl until it comes out and I can actually read what's on the screen lol.

Also, I won't be playing Fox in Brawl, so I don't see a point in doing anything

Gerbil

Smash Champion
SO. I hear there is Brawl happening this Saturday. Excuse me for not reading through all those massive posts and pages, but what are the chances that someone can give a Gerbil a location and time frame? ;) If it's Saturday, I should be free, and to be honest, I might actually make the drive to go play it (I'm usually bored on Sats lol, so I might as well). Don't tell my mother about me taking the car though :p She hates the idea of me taking it out of Columbus before I turn 19 >.<

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
lol i didnt do that on purpose lol w/e hey john we got to play again some time lol
rayku i most defintly will be there thank you are you going? hey if you do 2mm my fox vs yours in brawl??!! lol everyone gets owned by lucaus end of story muhahaha
Hey, well i'm not sure if lil kong's house will be too far for me to go to. so if youre definitely going think you could pick me up if its on the way?

Rayku

Smash Lord
It's pretty slow, but I just think that makes for a whole different game in which I'm wholeheartedly ready to play.

But I can wait 'til March

Top Bottom