• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Matchup Guide (No Further Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND

Smash Champion
I don't have MUCH Bowser experience. . . actually, a lot of it comes from Jiggernaut. But ask him how often I rest him. lol.

I think it's Jiggs advantage, no werd of a lye.

<_<

If we're going for neutrals as well, there's a lot more to list.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
well just advantage really.

are their any awesopme **** match ups for jiggs like the 95:5 sheik versus gannon fight?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I'am not sure if this goes here but anyway. I have bad problem vsing marth players mostly due to that stupid swords range. I tend to use Olimar Jigglypuff and Luigi the most. Would you recommend picking JIggs when vsing a marth user. With olimar I tend to get nocked into the air to much and I can't camp to well. My offense does not do to well against marth as well. Would jigglypuff work better in this mathcup

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
stay away from olimar with this match, luigi and jiggs are your best bet. I'd imagine luigi would be better here because of upB and his better ground game.

you could probably go either way though.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
stay away from olimar with this match, luigi and jiggs are your best bet. I'd imagine luigi would be better here because of upB and his better ground game.

you could probably go either way though.
thanks, also would my question been better off in the Q and A thread or here.
I think I shall go with jigglypuff, when I use luigi he gets screwed over due to marth's range. I usually cant score a UpB with Luigi mostly due that Marth is chasing me like hell, and I usually just HIt and Run >_>

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's true Q and A thread is the way to go for this. if you do choose jiggs being in the air is more important than ever.

land and get *****.

PND

Smash Champion
Marth is one of Jiggs' harder matchups. Out of the 3, I think Olimar would be the best best competitively, but even then he's at a sizable disadvantage IIRC.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
thanks, also would my question been better off in the Q and A thread or here.
I think I shall go with jigglypuff, when I use luigi he gets screwed over due to marth's range. I usually cant score a UpB with Luigi mostly due that Marth is chasing me like hell, and I usually just HIt and Run >_>
That's funny, I think you're talking about my agressive Marth.

Anyway I'm just wondering if a Jiggly have a minor advantage over DK?
Well does "it"?

PND

Smash Champion
I use Snake to deal with Martha. It's pretty even, but slightly tipped in Snake's favor. I've heard ROB does well enough against her.

I know the matchup way too well, everyone in my old scene played Martha. No joke, we had like 5 competitive level Marthas and the rest were in the range from beginner to mediocre. If you play Snake, I can give you some solid Snake tips against Marth. Protip: don't utilt Marth and get hit by Shield Breaker at the same time. You will die first. Losing a set to that sucks, but is incredibly epic.

EDIT: DK has the advantage. We can hold our own in the matchup, he just kills us way too early and is deceptively hard to gimp (but possible, once you learn to nair him on an angle) His bair is too good.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
That's funny, I think you're talking about my agressive Marth.

Anyway I'm just wondering if a Jiggly have a minor advantage over DK?
Well does "it"?
well of course you just charge into the ring like no tommorow
I found something that really helps me when vsing marths
learning how to spot dodge well (shield down)
helps when getting past marth bside
so yeah, lol rollout cancels a DK punch

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
We should definitely do King DeDeDe next. :o

It'd be a chance for Jiggs to be equal or have an advantage against a high tier <3

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
It never hurts to have more. :o

I should have said "another" high tier. ;-;

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
High tier characters are like rocks.

low tier characters are like scissors.

Jigglypuff is kinda like paper, cept she's more like tissue paper than construction paper, so some rocks will end up being to jagged, and rip her.

this has been one of my best analogies ever, which is fairly disappointing.

Veril

Frame Savant
High tier characters are like rocks.

low tier characters are like scissors.

Jigglypuff is kinda like paper, cept she's more like tissue paper than construction paper, so some rocks will end up being to jagged, and rip her.

this has been one of my best analogies ever, which is fairly disappointing.
Jigglypuff is ****. As long as you have a secondary for GW and Olimar...

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff is ****.
Hell's yeah she is!

I think of her like a sniper rifle, not for the long range of course :laugh: but because of the precision and efficiency it takes to use her effectively.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I dunno about that. Counterpicks aside, Olimar is pretty difficult.

There's no reason why you should lose on your counterpick though. ^^
I recently 2 stocked an Olimar at a tournament and a pretty good one. Placed 13th overall and was holding his own very well in pools. Of course I soon got very sick and went 0-5 in sets in pools before dropping out and this is why I am not at school today.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I recently 2 stocked an Olimar at a tournament and a pretty good one. Placed 13th overall and was holding his own very well in pools. Of course I soon got very sick and went 0-5 in sets in pools before dropping out and this is why I am not at school today.
School's for chumps. LOL

Still, not too bad placing for going 0-5 in the pools AND being ever so dreadfully sick. My heart's out to you Alex, for you put forth your best possible effort in lieu of you own life in order to Brawl! If that's not a sign of loyalty to Her Majesty, I don't know what is.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm there! :laugh:
I played Spoonbob, and I'm a decent Fox. It didn't go so well, but it was close.
See you there.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I want to know what you guys think of the Diddy matchup.
Theres a thread on the Tactical Discussion boards with matchups for each and every character (there a couple empty spots but its a work in progress)
Anyways, it says you guys give the match up 60:40 or 70:30 in your favor. Being a Diddy, I dont have much experience against Jiggly and would like to learn anything I can about the match up. Any advice will be apreciated. Thanks in advance ^_^

PND

Smash Champion
Well, you're our best matchup by and far. Yoru nanners, for the most part are completely ineffective against us, and actually they hinder you more than help. We jsut float over them and catch them if thrown. We can use them to cancel our rests, or combo into it, or into one of our aerials or rollout. Our air game beats yours, and it's hard to land a Dsmash or aerial on us due to how floaty we are, so your best killing options are eliminated. We, however, can kill you pretty early and gimp you very handily.

Peanut camping is probably your best bet, with occasional reverse glide tossed nanners if we find ourselves in range, but we can get around those relatively easily. Use your forward B to catch us if we're approaching low, and if you can hit a spike if hurts us A LOT. Even if it doesn't kill, it'll give you the chance to gimp us or hit a kill aerial. Oh, and we can rest through almost all of your moves, and failing that, DI out of your multi hit moves with ease.

As for stages, I have the most trouble against Diddy on Halberd. I hate that level, that goram claw always goes for me ;_;.

Those are my thoughts on the matchup, and I play some pretty good Diddy's.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Ok, thanks. That was some useful advice. Rest canceled by a banana sounds cool to me but how do you do this. Resting above a banana seems very situational to me. And if you miss, that puts you on the ground in the vurnerable tripping animation that we want.
But I see how this matchup must be one of your best ones... Diddys so easy to gimp when compared to Jigglies awesome air game. And bananas are really a huge part of his game. So when rendered useless, his ability to win a match is greatly reduced.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Diddy's my best character, although I use Falcon the most. When I play Spoonbob, our matches are about even. Yeah, if you keep throwing bananas at a floating Jiggs, they can pick them up, but you can barrel cancel on them, or just pick them up- Jigglypuff isn't going to be on the ground defending a banana. I often just hold onto a banana and approach in the air, either throwing the banana down or at Jigglypuff, then using a fair or something. Jigglypuff won't get banana ***** like a lot of characters, but I did manage to get him stuck between two bananas to dsmash the last stock. And worse case scenario, you could just peanut gun camp like PNDMike said. Not that anyone's banana cancelled a rest on me, but I think barrel cancelling is far easier to hit with and more feasible.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Wait, banana canceled rest is the same as barrel cancelling (as in they dont go into the tripping animation) If so, then the match up seems very tilted in Jigglies favor. It was the only thing I believed that gave Diddy a chance in this matchup :ohwell:

PND

Smash Champion
Oh, Bellioes, you're from Montreal? Are you going to FFYF2? I might go if I can get a ride (waiting for last second cancellations, lol) If I do, we can get some friendlies in and I can show you some stuff in the match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom