• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm spending the week in missouri to help my sister move, but I'm gonna play some brawl with the cool cats from St Louis. I may be back by Don't Blink but who knows : /

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Tennis MM KenniSpam?
I already challenged him, he chickened out

also wtf jared, you aren't supposed to get a job. It looks like I'M the new Dajayman since no one wants to hire me :( Soon I'll be stealing rides from the metra and $MMing people for nickels :(

except... I won't be called Dajayman.... I'll be DLAman :(

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I already challenged him, he chickened out

also wtf jared, you aren't supposed to get a job. It looks like I'M the new Dajayman since no one wants to hire me :( Soon I'll be stealing rides from the metra and $MMing people for nickels :(

except... I won't be called Dajayman.... I'll be DLAman :(
Volunteer at a church for a bit, then put that on your application.

Works every time.

(just kidding obviously)

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Do you guys try to get jobs? I applied 3 places and got an interview and hired on the spot at all 3. Unemployment has been going down. Fast food places are ALWAYS hiring. They can't get anyone to stay longer than a month.

Maybe you need to move to southern IL. Walmart just hired over 1000 people for remodeling. There is only 1200 in the city lol.

Getting a job is easy as long as you talk to the manager. Don't be one of those people who fill out an application and leave, expecting them to call. They will never call you. Ever. Go back and talk to the manager several times if you need to.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Zoze... no one lives in Sothern IL...
Right. It should be a lot easier to find a job in Chicago than in southern IL. There are way more jobs in Chicago and you don't have a price floor.

It's hard to find good paying jobs when the economy is bad, but there are always loads of minimum wage jobs.

Sorry.. it's just a personal rant of mine. I have so many friends here who haven't had a job for like 3 years and say "I've tried to get one, but no one is hiring." I just don't believe it. If you apply enough places and talk to the managers, you'll find a job.

Ask any fast food place how many people they have hired in the last month. I bet you can't find a single one that says "zero".

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Do you guys try to get jobs? I applied 3 places and got an interview and hired on the spot at all 3. Unemployment has been going down. Fast food places are ALWAYS hiring. They can't get anyone to stay longer than a month.

Maybe you need to move to southern IL. Walmart just hired over 1000 people for remodeling. There is only 1200 in the city lol.

Getting a job is easy as long as you talk to the manager. Don't be one of those people who fill out an application and leave, expecting them to call. They will never call you. Ever. Go back and talk to the manager several times if you need to.
You must have not been job hunting in Chicago. I bet you if a Walmart remodeled in Chicagoand and wanted to hire 1,000 people then they'd get over 10,000 applications.

Also I'd go out every 1-3 months and go to 5-15 different stores and gets apps there. I'm not going to hassle EVERY single manager, that would be ridiculous.

And to be completely honest, the fastfood places around me seem to only want foreigners. Everytime I walk into a McDonald's all I see are forty year old Mexicans who probably recently came to the US and can hardly speak English. It's the same thing at Subway and Dunkin Doughnuts, except replace Mexicans with Indians (hindu Indians).

Oro?!

Smash Hero
They are more experienced with jobs and probably take less pay. Welcome to Chicago and the suburbs Zoze. Hard to find jobs, even if you hassle every manager. :p

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
it's not hard at all to find a job. You just have to outgoing and likeable.
Jobs at fast food places? You should have applied to be a camp councellor or life guard. Easy work and nice pay.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'm not going to hassle EVERY single manager, that would be ridiculous.
And.. that would explain why you can't find a job.

You get the job when you meet the manager. No one really cares about your application if they have never seen you.

Talking to the manager saves you loads of time, not the other way around. Before you ask for an application, you say "Is the manager busy?" if the the general manager is not there, you ask when he will be back and you leave. If you talk to the manager, ask "are you hiring right now?" if they say no... leave.

You'll save a lot of time by talking to the manger and not filling out long applications when they are not even hiring. They have plenty of other applications from people who actually talk to them.

Top Bottom