• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Ommfg! There are H-Scenes in School Days!!! School Days is an H-Game!!! YES!!!

I love you Kennispam! Thanks for telling me about this great anime!!!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Shiiiiiit, two hours of shoveling snow is tiiiiiiring!

Afterwards I had the most relaxing cig in my life. And oh my god ramen is a gift from the gods...

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Why get mad when I have 3 AH bars and an EFC to try and get in on you, if I fail I just have to set up a campfire in a corner for 10 seconds til I get my bars back. :laugh:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah, I don't see why not. Someone needs to bring an extra TV for my PS3 though, because my TV is going to my Brawl setup. Actually, I can probably use that lagtastic TV that was in the corner last time. :)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
are you really going . i hope so. what a world : O
Probably not gonna be able to come to Illinoise for awhile :S
At least not this weekend 'cause of Magic The Gathering D:

This is very delayed but I was trapped away from home for 4 days with limited power and no internet access

Scythe

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't see why not. Someone needs to bring an extra TV for my PS3 though, because my TV is going to my Brawl setup. Actually, I can probably use that lagtastic TV that was in the corner last time. :)
like there would be room in this venue for a extra setup

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Well, I meant I would appreciate being given a working copy of the arcade pc port lol
But yeah, bring the PS3 if you guys must!

EDIT: I have no idea what to do in that game despite looking the mechanics up. I'm going to be destroyed.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
You got infracted for posting a picture many of the guys on this site would beat off to? WOW.

Why do I always end up with the straight forward characters? Oh wait, maybe because that's how I am. Straight forward! AHAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHA!! Ahahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahaha....hahaha...haha...ha...ha...

No seriously, Heart is a mix of Ryu, Jun the Swan, Ragna, and Sonic (c'mon, she has the GO!). She's one of, if not, the oldest and has pink hair. No wonder she's my gal of choice XD

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Nah Sothe, Hart is like the most straightforward character in the game, just like all those other characters you mentioned. I will practice up my Hart some more and teach you some junk before this weekend.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well I promised an essay for people wanting some info here.

Lucario’s techs, well ok here are some I perform.

First off, B reversals, I think you already know about this tech, but I’ll reiterate it in case you don’t B reversals are where you. When you are using Aura sphere while tapping a direction, you will change directions, in the air this shifts momentum. To do this tap B and immediately tap the opposite direction you are facing, if you do this correctly you will change directions instead of doing a force palm. There are some video examples of this, there is the lulzy 3 stocks I got from M2K I did it once in the first match. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tajb7PCu_yk#t=60s This moment during DEHE vs Junebug is howing how it can be used as a mindgame, it’s also good to mix-up landings like if Snake uses Grenades to reverse his direction in the air, Lucario can do the same, mix this in with his movement stailing Dair and it gives him better landing options.

Next tech will be Air Walking, you see when Lucario is in hitstun or hitlag he can use the momentum from those kinds of move to let him move while performing a dair. This makes it a very good escape options in some cases where you can be throwing out a dair, which has a good hitbox, while moving away from your opponent or moving into them after being hit. There are also times where moves can hit your shield and you can use this to give yourself movement with adair if you do It fast enough OoS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tajb7PCu_yk#t=165s Maybe just be me loving this match, but again Junebug uses it when he shield DEHF’s Bair, which was unsafe based on how high he hit his shield with it and Junebug saw it coming. Because he was in some stun of sorts he would move around using his dair to follow DEHF.

Charge Canceling, is a tech I believe only Lucario can fully utilize, Samus is another character I know can do this, maybe DK, but Lucario’s moveset makes it work a lot better with him. When your trying to charge an Aura Sphere you know that hitting shield lets him store it, well there is away you can bypass the shield altogether, you need to very very rapidly hit the jump button after you hit the shield button. If you do this Lucario will completely bypass the shield and be in the air, Well with Samus the issue is that her moveset and hitboxes don’t work as well with this while she is charging, it still helps her charge and jump away if she needs to, Lucario can do a lot more with it. Lucario can fair or dair, both of which are under 4 frames in start-up. He can jump and fire the aura sphere if someone like Marth is trying it space outside of his range. He can also do ground moves, however due to the nature of how shield works if you try to Dsmash, you’ll spot dodge, if you try to Fsmash you’ll roll. Same applies to tilts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20h488IePbA Video showing the tech in general. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tajb7PCu_yk#t=60s Junebug using it to get a dair off after he B reversals to get Aura Sphere charge in his face on shield he cancels it into a SH dair.

Chain Grabs, I’ve told you this before, but Lucario’s Side B is not a CG unless they are at 0% in which you can get two off, but it’s better to Force palm into a grab, imo. Force palm can be mashed out like any grab and it's pretty easy to do. The Chaingrab I am talking about is Uthrow and it only works on 4 characters, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Wolf, and Fox. If you are at 0% you can do it til 38% from 0%, if your 60% or higher you can only do it til 25% from 0%, if you’re at 160% or higher you can’t do it from 0%. Something I have noticed is that all of these characters when I play against them, the player’s habit to shine or DownB out of the CG, if you shield instead of grabbing you get a free Shield grab, lol. I don’t have a video showing this, because I don’t see anyone trying to use these at all except for me who spent time too research and learn them, not bragging being honest.

Force Palm grabbing frame 1, it’s not a true frame 1 grab but if you use it like the tech does it should grab right when you land. In Brawl when a character initiate certain moves close to the ground, they will cancel and be performed faster than if they were done on the ground. Link as a tech called quick drawing that involves shooting an arrow faster because if he does it on landing he skips the start-up and just shoots the arrow. Lucario can do something similar with side B, see Lucario starts the move in the air, but if you do it within 8 frames of landing he’ll land on the ground skip the 8 frames of start up and grab them if he is close enough. Something I’ve been doing on opponents more shield happy is Fair to fast fallen Side B, this way Lucario has a way to force through shield, something he has some trouble with at times because his grab range is mediocre with an only decent at best running speed. Like the above tech I unfortunately don’t have vids to showcase this.

This is stuff I use so I really hope it helps you out Scythe. And others who read this.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Luck arcana is legit. I stayed the night at zwarms last night cause my house was still out of power...thanks again Mike!

Watching you play braid was the most fun I've had in years! Oh, and brawl/ah3 was cool too I guess. I GUESS.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Luck arcana is legit. I stayed the night at zwarms last night cause my house was still out of power...thanks again Mike!

Watching you play braid was the most fun I've had in years! Oh, and brawl/ah3 was cool too I guess. I GUESS.
No problem. :)

It's fun watching Braid isn't it? I'm gonna be practicing AH3 today, be ready to get ****ed up by chains and dogs and stuff tomorrow. :D

So guys, I think we should plan to go to http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296753 It looks like it should be a fun tournament, and Ann Arbor isn't toooo far from us.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Nah Sothe, Hart is like the most straightforward character in the game, just like all those other characters you mentioned. I will practice up my Hart some more and teach you some junk before this weekend.
Muchos gracias, senor :)

Jun the swan was annoying and bad at the same time

ken the eagle adler is where its at
You mad because you couldn't break dance fight against people while slinging explosive yo-yos around. :cool:

I don't even consider seeing a girls panties to be inapproriate... :(
Apparently this is a kid's website. Full of 18 years old and up. Since when did crashboards become PG?

Top Bottom