• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Veggie has always been Corms, it's just an alternative name he uses.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Daaaaaaaaamn he put yo *** to sleep!

Edit: My post was supposed to be after Bo's lol. Xyless, you post too fast!

Pete434

Smash Cadet
I would like to try to make these rankings someday but there's like zero IL tourneys coming up and I'm too young to travel outside of IL.

Xyless

Smash Master
Ryzen wasn't in IL a ton this year, which is why (I think).

Now that he's back, he'll probably start shooting up the list. (him and Kirk)

Arty

Smash Lord
Ryzen is a HM b/c he doesn't go to much tournies.
It's looking like Kirk is going to be a lot higher on the next update if he continues ******.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
This gives me a reason to play brawl now. I should be up there somewhere.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I believe you guys should've considered Zozefup in your lists. He has been out of state many times and has had a bit of success.

He's placed really well at Aerial Raves in Missouri by placing 1st and 4th at the only ones he's went to. I have taken 3rd and 5th.

He also took 2nd at SLOTH in Indiana losing only to Renegade. I took 4th losing to Renegade and Zozefup.

He took 3rd at Joker's in Iowa losing only to Joker and Razor I believe

He took 7th at Wings and Brew in Ohio with names like Overswarm, AZ, Capem, Inferin, Nope, Champ, Fonz, Lou.

He has been to two circuit championships being midwest East and midwest West.

He placed 25th in the East. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234865

He placed 13th in the West. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242713

I just thought you guys should know there are other players in Illinois. Zozefup needs some consideration, especially since he's been traveling than just about everyone in Illinois recently I believe. (Ripple/Chewy definitely have done their fair share in the past as well)

I don't believe that I belong on that list, but I'd like to mention that I placed 13th at Kakuna Matata where quite a bit of people from Ohio and Kentucky came.

Arty

Smash Lord
See, none of the tournaments you listed are from IL. We will consider Zozefup during the next update, but it's hard to put a player on the IL Power Rankings, when he's never placed at an IL tourney. It's good that you brought him up though.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
See, none of the tournaments you listed are from IL. We will consider Zozefup during the next update, but it's hard to put a player on the IL Power Rankings, when he's never placed at an IL tourney. It's good that you brought him up though.
Yeah, that's a good point. It's not really feasible for us to drive to you, or you to come to us for the small # of people at the tournament. It stinks more people from Illinois couldn't come to the championships or that there aren't many tourneys at all in the middle. Honorable mention maybe? lol

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Zozefup is mad good at camping lol.

He also has the most difficult name to get right ever.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kind of...he's stated that he was done with competitive brawl.

Though he entered the WI tourney this past weekend. But he backed out to give his spot to Akashi, which was awfully nice of him. He still plays, just not 'seriously' anymore.

Though I don't want to put words in his mouth.

Benothebeno

Smash Rookie
So are there even any tournaments in IL. It seems that IL is always left out. :( Online play sucks

Kirk

Smash Champion
I just need 1 last confirmation, then I WILL have a date confirmed and I'll put up a thread. And if all goes well, there will be more in the future. :)

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Never say never ook! Chewyy hosted a tournament over the summer and we do small ones down here every once in a while...

Might even have a Brawl/Melee event on September 19th or 26th :D (I sure hope we can organize it, I haven't played anyone in Brawl in too long)

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Never say never ook! Chewyy hosted a tournament over the summer and we do small ones down here every once in a while...

Might even have a Brawl/Melee event on September 19th or 26th :D (I sure hope we can organize it, I haven't played anyone in Brawl in too long)
Keep us updated on the event info, IL seems somewhat disconnected from each other atm! The state's not that big is it? :upsidedown: And since Northern IL has been under a tournament dry spell for awhile, more people /should/ be willing to branch out a little further.

I think Chewyy mentioned something about the tournament he held over the summer, but I think we were informed a little too late to make any plans...not like I was around anyway buuut still.

edit: you know maybe it's not so much of a dryspell...we were just kinda spoiled with tournaments lol

Top Bottom