• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

GenoSamus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-2761-9075
Lool yeah, I have decided to finally post more on smash boards so I can be more recognized in the midest smash scene more.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Pfft. Posting doesn't make you known. Smash Events do.

I have liek 12k posts and I'm only known on like 3 boards + 1 thread.

In the tourney scene? Sorta known in the Texas scene, but no on cares for me because I don't play Brawl or Brawl- in TX. LOL.

GenoSamus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-2761-9075
Ahh I see , I am trying my best to attend more events. I am most definitely going to Play N Trade. Lol that's a lot of posts btw xD I haven't played Brawl - yet.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Can't say much about B-. My mains are boring. :V

But maaaan. Just attend those tourneys. If you don't place, at least be a real nice guy, and people will just naturally play friendlies and **** with you, where you get in real practice and then you'll start placing.

But you know this already. :V

Anywho, 0325 now. I have Physical Training at 0500. I need sleep.

Night IL.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
How is Navy life? I've been seriously considering joining the military because of my inability to find/keep a job and my homelife is getting to be a little unbearable.

My biggest concern is drugs. While I do smoke weed/drink alcohol, I'd definitely cut them out if I joined the Navy. I'm just concerned if the Navy wouldn't want me due to me previously smokng weed and drinking underage. And about my cigarette smoking, I really don't think I could quit that. Are they lenient on smokers?

That last paragraph made me feel like such a druggie... :lick:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I need to go to sleep. This place wont let me go.

Navy life so far is ****. Boot camp was a breeze for me personally. It was harder for me than most due to injuries and major sickness. (Bronchitis anyone?)

If you're biggest concern is drugs, just stop. Clear your system and go to a recruiters office. If you have a police record with that **** though, you probably wont get in.

They allow smoking and drinking in the Navy, as long as you are of age.

You just can't smoke or drink while in boot camp, which is like 2 months long.

after that, if you're over 21, drink responsible. If you're 18+, smoke as much as you want where and when you're allowed.

If you drink under 21, and get caught, you're finished. I'm not even joking. And if you get kicked out of the navy with an other-than-honorable discharge or dishonorable discharged, any chance of you finding work back in Civilian life will be reduced significantly.

It's a big change tbh. But man the benefits are amazing. Plus seeing the world. wtf.

Going to japan in a few months, *****s. Get at me.

Dajayman

I won't be dumb and drink underage once I'm in the Navy, especially considering I'll be 21 in months. I'd be joining the Navy to fix my life, not to f*** it up even more.

I think I'll be visiting a Navy recruiter in a month, since I smoked weed yesterday. Do you know how the other military branches are? Like do you have any idea how the Army, Marines, Air Force, etc. are? Or do you recommend the Navy over all those?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Army is idk. I see them around. They're no where near Marine level imo.

Marines. Juuuugheads. Mother ****ers are hardcore tho. PT til you die and then you'll PT more.

Airforce? Meh. Ill say nothing as I respect our sister branch. :3c

But yeah. Cut the drugs. Learn to run a mile and a half under 12 minutes, and learn your **** and you'll be fine.

I do recoommend the navy just out of benefits, bias, and pure opportunity.

navy is the most well rounded branch imo.

We do everything and help all other branches out. Esp the Marines. *****s aint got no medical anything. They pull all medical personal from the Navy rofl.

Dajayman

I can already run a mile in like 6-7 minutes, so I should be good considering I excersise daily (lifting weights, riding a stationary bike) and I walk a lot. My smoking doesn't even really slow me down in sports.

I should be going to sleep too. Peace, thanks for the info.

Top Bottom