• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Machspeed

Smash Lord
What about Nysenaya or whatever his name is? Didn't he say exactly when Sonic will be revealed, revealed Olimars up+b, and knew the game would be delayed?

Coincidence or what?
Predicting exactly when Sonic was confirmed, was insider information I agree.

Anyone could've predicted Olimar, he was a pretty OBVIOUS newcomer if you ask me; guessing a Pikmin chain move could've been pure luck.

And who says EVERY bit of information a leaker receives from their source is correct? There's the remote possibility of their source misunderstanding the info they receive.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
well, guys, it's been fun these past few months but I have to say that Geno is officially not in Brawl in my mind.

I hope I'm wrong though. I've just given up hope after the whole Lucario/Jiggs/Markman situation.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well, guys, it's been fun these past few months but I have to say that Geno is officially not in Brawl in my mind.

I hope I'm wrong though. I've just given up hope after the whole Lucario/Jiggs/Markman situation.
Well, I guess there is already a chance...

This roster pisses me the hell off though

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Yea, according to the recent rumors, which most likely are true, no Geno :/ And this is our "real" roster.

1. Pit
2. Wario
3. Samus/Zamus
4. Ike
5. Pokemon Trainer
6. Diddy Kong
7. Meta Knight
8. Snake
9. Lucas
10. Sonic
11. King Dedede
12. Pikmin and Olimar
13. Mario
14. Link
15. Kirby
16 Pikachu
17. Fox
18. Zelda/Sheik
19. Bowser
20. Donkey Kong
21. Yoshi
22. Peach
23 Ice Climbers

24. Game and Watch
25. Luigi
26. Jigglypuff
27. Lucario
28. Ganondorf
29. Captain Falcon
30. Falco
31. Wolf
32. Ness
33. WW Link
34. Marth
35. R.O.B.

So yea, it was nice while it lasted. I would much rather have Geno then R.O.B., and going with that poll, why would WW Link get in before Geno? I could see Ridley being made a boss and Geno being in along with WW Link, but wow.

For those wondering, Markman basically confirmed R.O.B. and Marth so...

This sucks :/

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I'm still not believing that list.
Here's a perfectly logical theory on an AC character, which is not present in that list.

As we all know, the board is exploding with the confirmation of lucario, jugglypuff and Ness.
Now, I will prove that AC will indeed have a rep in Brawl the same way.

Look here: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118a-l.jpg
This shows that if there is no character icon for character specific stickers, there is absolutely nothing to the right of the green line.

Now look here: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118b.jpg
There is SOMETHING in that space. There is no denying it.

Sorry if this is old by now, I got distracted while typing this up.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Maybe? But it looks like a U that got chopped in half :p

I don't know if it means anything or not :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Machspeed

Smash Lord
That pic looks more like Pokemon Trainer than the AC Rep...

that really isn't evidence
Kanji symbol, the japanese symbol cut off in the picture of the Katrina one.
I'm saying that half of it looks similar to the kanji symbol in the Lucario, and Jiggs screenshot.

Therefore there is a character that follows it, and who else to follow Katrina than an AC character?

Why would he cut it off? He MUST be hiding something...

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I still think it's Nook. His trophy was Nook's Nephews, not just about him.
anyways...I'm going to repost this since no one saw it last time.

"I have the best idea ever for geno's final smash...

his body glows red then falls lifelessly to the ground like a doll. a white spirit arises from it and the SMRPG text BG appears at the bottom of the screen and goes *heart symbol, * music note !? (you guys know what I mean) the the screen goes dark for a second. when the light comes back all the other characters have red eyes and are hitting themselves and trying to run of the edges. Their respective controllers can mash buttons to make the effect less present, but, once the attack is over, all the other characters glow red and beam of energy from each of them shoots back into geno, and leaves them limp for a second or two.

it's a lot to read, but it's a unique idea."

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
If only GENO was accidentally leaked too/instead.

Seriously, we Geno supporters just can't seem to catch a single break. =_=

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
Well, fellas.

Just about everybody is pointing at that roster and the supposed leaks as real. If so, R.O.B. the f*cking robot may very well be in Brawl over Geno.

So I guess its now or never for us, hah. To me, its still all rumors and speculation; until we see something official to state otherwise, I'll keep hoping for Geno in Brawl.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well, fellas.

Just about everybody is pointing at that roster and the supposed leaks as real. If so, R.O.B. the f*cking robot may very well be in Brawl over Geno.

So I guess its now or never for us, hah. To me, its still all rumors and speculation; until we see something official to state otherwise, I'll keep hoping for Geno in Brawl.
At this point in time, it's looking grim for alot of popular characters around the boards.

We have no word on Geno.

Krystal is competing for a spot with Wolf, according to Chaos Zero who got 6 predictions right, Wolf is in over Krystal along with Falco.

No word on Ridley, either.

No word on Megaman.

And to top it off, a **** predicted 35 character roster.

We'll see what that Japanese reveal brings... I hope it's something good...

Staz

Smash Lord
Well, fellas.

thats excactly what i think

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
I refuse to believe the roster. I think it will be 38 characters and Geno, Ridley, Isaac, Krystal, and AC villager are all in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Geno IS confirmed, and we all lost faith...it would be worse than if no one believed he would be playable in the first place

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
True, I'm disappointed Geno might not make the cut, but I'm honestly satisfied with roster. Although a few more would've been awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True, I'm disappointed Geno might not make the cut, but I'm honestly satisfied with roster. Although a few more would've been awesome.
Except for ROB, it's catered specifically for little kids...

ROB is the only unannounced newcomer I even like

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
From reading that, Markman and Reno seem to be in cahoots with each other and the thread credits a guy who admitted he had guessed about Sonic's unveilment at Nintendo's October Conference... I definately wouldn't call these guys the most credible of people.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Links? If this turns out to be true then Sakurai has basically murdered Brawl beyond the point of repair...
lol I think the roster is decent. Although truth be told, I am disappointed he might actually leave out Geno, Krystal, and Ridley. We'll find out the truth soon enough in 2 weeks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If by decent you mean bland, predictible, and horrifically unimaginative then, yes, I agree completely...:ohwell:
Well I hope your right on that...

I'm just very pessimistic, oftentimes...

Let's just wait and see...Lucario couldn't have sparked it because I knew he was going to be in...

Ness might of, but I thought Ness was going to return...But HOPED Claus would instead

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
If by decent you mean bland, predictible, and horrifically unimaginative then, yes, I agree completely...:ohwell:
Haha well we'll find out what the roster is soon enough. Sooner if the game guides are released over there sooner than the games themselves like they are over here. Are they? :ohwell:

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
From reading that, Markman and Reno seem to be in cahoots with each other and the thread credits a guy who admitted he had guessed about Sonic's unveilment at Nintendo's October Conference... I definately wouldn't call these guys the most credible of people.
I kind of read it that way too. They seem to just be stroking each other's ego. I hope I don't come off as rude by saying that, but that's what it looks like.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well I hope your right on that...

I'm just very pessimistic, oftentimes...

Let's just wait and see...Lucario couldn't have sparked it because I knew he was going to be in...

Ness might of, but I thought Ness was going to return...But HOPED Claus would instead
Lucario was an obvious addition because a vast majority of its competition had completely gone down the drain by October and more logs have been added to the fire since: Deoxyes, Gardevoir, Munchlax, Blaziken, Meowth, Darkrai, etc.

Ness coming back does fit into the the Holes theory because Sakurai does appear to be giving every franchise that's been around since the first game at least one more rep but I was more then certain that Claus was going to be that other character representing the Mother franchise.

In corraspondance to the Holes theory, the Mario franchise would have to be given at least one more character even if Luigi is completely remade. For the Pokemon franchise, the Pokemon Trainer and Lucario, both completely new characters, seem to have replaced Pichu and Mewtwo and this fits the Holes theory. If Ganondorf and Young Link are completely revamped, they will essentially replace themselves and this will fit into the Holes theory too. Ike and Marth being the only FE characters fits into the Holes Theory as well. Wolf being added and Falco coming back would fit in the holes theory too but why in God's name would it be Wolf when Krystal has 1001 more things going for her? Captain Falcon being the only F-Zero character would not fit into the holes theory unless he's been completely redone for Brawl. (There's also a decent amount of evidence that heavily suggests he's in the starting roster and hasn't been be remade from the ground up which blows a big gaping hole in the theory presented by at least two of the people you mentioned because they said he did.)

Well, those are my thoughts for the moment...

Top Bottom