• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I said If he made it in brawl. Anyway why do you waste time writing that much? Just a question.
He writes so much because some people like to contribute to threads and voice their opinions in civilized manners. Not just pop in, say "no, he sux" in one sentance, and leave.
Question: answered.

Ah, yes, Doktur Sea is completely correct here. You are not going to be noticed much if you type "he, sux" all the time and you are contributing very little. Maybe if many people actually put your ideas into a single manner and then discussed it from there, they would not easily get into bad situations.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Wow! That's all I can say...

Geno is one of my favorites. Plus he has, what, 49 pages of replies just on this thread!

Only thing is that he would be one of the 3rd party characters I think, as he is owned by Square Enix. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Actually, I'm not sure he is owned by Square. I know I've seen a lot of arguement about this before.

*flies off to go find out who owns Geno*

EDIT: Statement retracted, Square does indeed own Geno

*kisses his hopes for Mallow goodbye*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
He writes so much because some people like to contribute to threads and voice their opinions in civilized manners. Not just pop in, say "no, he sux" in one sentance, and leave.

Huzzah's for DokturSea!

Anyway, did anyone else besides me have hopes that Geno woyuld be in Melee? I thought he did, but then I also thought he was owned by Nintendo. If people where to be hyped up for his Brawl apperance before all the characters are revealed, that may influebce Sakurai or Miyamato then Sora would put him in. I'm 90% Confident he will be in the game.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Actually, after SSB for the N64, (I was 10 at the time), I began to make my own character, item, and stage lists that I wanted in the next SSB. Of those, Geno and Mallow were in it, and I hoped to god at least Geno would make it into Melee. Unfortunately... he didnt. I wasnt entirely disappointed, I mean, we did get Doctor Mario, Ice Climbers, and Falco (they are my favorites). But if Geno doesnt make the cut into SSBB, I will be very disappointed, as well as everyone else who supports him.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, did anyone else besides me have hopes that Geno woyuld be in Melee? I thought he did, but then I also thought he was owned by Nintendo. If people where to be hyped up for his Brawl apperance before all the characters are revealed, that may influebce Sakurai or Miyamato then Sora would put him in. I'm 90% Confident he will be in the game.
I agree that despite being owned by Square, Geno has a great chance of being admitted to SSBB.

First, he has (obviously) great support. A simple example is this thread, and if you search you can find a thread created that is titled Sakurai's poll or something to that effect. On it there is a translation of characters suggested by the Japanese (lucky) and Geno was one of the tops in votes.
Next, I think Geno has much more potential than even Ridley or Diddy to be unlike other characters. He is based on the idea of a doll with close ties to stars, so he would be able to extend his body in many ways being made of wood (im guessing there). As for being made by stars, he could possibly utilize stars' properties or stars in general as an attack.

The only thing going against Geno is that Square would have to approve his use, and Nintendo would have to make a deal to get him (involving money).
Still, this shouldn't stop Geno's inclusion in Brawl because of the reasons that I listed above, as well as many that I am sure are in this thread that I am not aware of/have forgotten.
Besides, who wouldn't want the doll that kicks butt?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I must admit, I've lost much of my enthusiasm for Geno in SSBB since his supporters seem to be the biggest bashers of everyone else's idea. Don't get me wrong - I love Geno. But his "fanbase" needs a serious slice of humble pie...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I must admit, I've lost much of my enthusiasm for Geno in SSBB since his supporters seem to be the biggest bashers of everyone else's idea. Don't get me wrong - I love Geno. But his "fanbase" needs a serious slice of humble pie...
You said exactly what I wanted to say. Bravo :p

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Example? I doubt you're actually talking about the "Geno supporting crowd" (which is like everybody), and are actually talking about several people who go around bashing stupid ideas (like me).

And I always provide reasons, unless I have before, in which case, I don't bother.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Example? I doubt you're actually talking about the "Geno supporting crowd" (which is like everybody), and are actually talking about several people who go around bashing stupid ideas (like me).

And I always provide reasons, unless I have before, in which case, I don't bother.
Examples, you ask? Why my dear McFox, you happen to be one such individual. And isn't "everyone supports Geno" overstating the fact? DokturSea seems to have indicated that there are many who don't share that point of view. Sure, he has a strong following and sure the bashers I refer to are a relatively small number of the whole, but still it seems more come from the Geno camp than anywhere else...

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Man, why must we all blame each other? Ok, we are here to talk about a possible charcater for SSBB. It would be more polite if you would not waste time talking about it here and move it to PM's, and then maybe we can have a decent discussion. We all have the serious "blame" illness, and it's not helping any of these threads, and when people want to see something that someone had previously wrote on the subject, they must go back pages, because people want to spam with the flamin! Just don't bring up bashing or anything here, because it's just not on the subject matter, and a waste. So, let's please get back on discussion!

I agree that despite being owned by Square, Geno has a great chance of being admitted to SSBB.

First, he has (obviously) great support. A simple example is this thread, and if you search you can find a thread created that is titled Sakurai's poll or something to that effect. On it there is a translation of characters suggested by the Japanese (lucky) and Geno was one of the tops in votes.
Next, I think Geno has much more potential than even Ridley or Diddy to be unlike other characters. He is based on the idea of a doll with close ties to stars, so he would be able to extend his body in many ways being made of wood (im guessing there). As for being made by stars, he could possibly utilize stars' properties or stars in general as an attack.

The only thing going against Geno is that Square would have to approve his use, and Nintendo would have to make a deal to get him (involving money).
Still, this shouldn't stop Geno's inclusion in Brawl because of the reasons that I listed above, as well as many that I am sure are in this thread that I am not aware of/have forgotten.
Besides, who wouldn't want the doll that kicks butt?
This is something that sparks up a conversation for that cool doll, and we want more.You know, this is something that is good in this thread, and for many intelligent Smashers on this board, we can't even have a good conversation. Great way to contribute Falco-Z, even though you called me an opinionist, I am willing to forgive. Also, anybody else who has contributed, it's a great way to help out. Anyone want a slice of pie?

Let's just try to stop bashing a bit, and I really don't care if you completely ignored this. Don't think I am really angry or anything, because I am calm.

-SMB

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Deathborne, try not to take the internet so seriously. This isn't a White House scandal (Character bashing coming from the Geno administration, local experts on the subject name Geno's top supporter, McFox, responsible for many of these outrages...), it's a list of people's opinions.

And it's also not like these so-called "camps" are mutually exclusive. Believe it or not, people can be in more than one camp at a time. For instance, the Geno camp is a bunch of bashers, but the Skull Kid camp stays relatively quiet? I'm in the Skull Kid camp too. Everyone here supports a lot of people, and can't be grouped into a single category.

And of course I overstate things. I'm a fan, it's what I do.

In conclusion, please chill out.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I'm not taking anything seriously - I was just stating that my desire for Geno in SSBB has somewhat lost it's luster. Not that I DON'T want him, just that he's been knocked down a couple notches. And yes, the Skull Kid camp is less than exemplary as well. I also acknowledge that you generally give good reasons for not wanting certain characters.

That said, Geno's pretty much a shoe-in at this point and I look forward to playing him. I'm not anti-Geno - I hope that's clear. But I wanted to point out that his support isn't universal, which happens to be the case for every character. In conclusion, Geno FTW!

Also, why chill out if I wasn't tee'd in the first place?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It sounded like you were. No hard feelings. :)

And I don't know about Geno being a shoe-in. Definitely Sakurai knows how many people support him (he was mentioned by the reporters at the first trailer showing, he was tied for the top number of mentions in the emails, etc.), but it ultimately comes down to whether Sakurai likes him or not.

That said, I do think that there is a very good chance that he'll be in. People keep thinking up ridiculous reasons why he couldn't, not the least of which being that Square wouldn't give him up without trying to push one of their other characters, which doesn't actually make any sense if you think about it. If Nintendo comes to Square and say "We want to use Geno," I doubt there would be any big qualms about it.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Yeah, it didn't sound like they made a big deal about it when they were asked to allow him into Mario & Luigi, so why would they now?

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I agree, as many probably would. Thats not to say though Mallow wouldnt make a good character and have a fanbase of his own. I want Mallow in Brawl just as well. Geno though is the better candidate, mainly due to his fan base.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
How many of you guys actually heard of im before this tread? It's just a wuestion, and I am intrested, because I didn't even know who he was before this thread.

-SMB

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Mallow was bigger go with him.
You know, it's hard to take you seriously now, especially with you always wasting everyone's time with your 1-on-1 conversations with zombie.

And Deathborne, I'm not attacking you, but I can't help but think that when you said,
I try to provide reasons for my judgement instead of "such and so sucks!" But the Geno crowd is especially infamous in this regard...
I can't help but think that you meant me. If so, I think you're talking about the Donbe and Hikari thread, but I later gave reasons. Or maybe it's because I say no to a lot of ideas, if not, nevermind.

Anyway, yes I have heard of Geno before this thread, a friend of mine told me about the game. I never really thought about including him in Melee or Brawl at the time though.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
How many of you guys actually heard of im before this tread? It's just a wuestion, and I am intrested, because I didn't even know who he was before this thread.

-SMB
I knew who he was, but I have never played SM:RPG. Ever since I saw a picture of him, I've always thought that he was by far the coolest looking Mario character. I then read some things about him and realized that he wasn't just cool-looking, he was also a cool character in general.

icymatt

Smash Lord

-SMB
Super Mario RPG was once my favorite game.

I'd think anyone here who had a SNES has played Mario RPG and knows who Geno is.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord

-SMB
I have a lot of history with that game and have beat it countless times. I used to never use geno as I didnt like his character design, but I have finally come around to likeing him.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Geno was my favorite character, by looking trhe coolest, having the best attack and being fast. I';m sure mos tpeople who owned a SNES played Mario RPG and knew who Geno was before the thread.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice

-SMB
I heard of him before this thread. I thought he was the coolest SMRPG character and I've always been disapointed they never made a true sequel with him in it. Him being in SSB:B is the next best thing.

Drake_Miriel

Smash Cadet
Geno would certainly be an awesome character. He strikes me as a heavily-ranged character, which would certainly be useful.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
His character would be best suited to be how Sheik currently is. Light, Fast, and have strong attacks. Only he should have a lot of long ranged attacks.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I didn't know about Geno until I saw a website called SMRPG Legacy, a site dedicated exclusively to that game. So I saw him there and they said that Geno had a hand gun and beam moves and the other characters had cool moves and the overall game itself got a perfect score. So I looked for the game on the internet and saw that the cheapest I could get it for was $50 and it was used but I got anyway. I play it alot now and Geno's moves are the flashiest in the game. All of his special moves have the potential to be super moves so they would have to power them all down a little. But yeah... Geno is a cool character with an amazing back story. Now for a somewhat off topic question, I heard a rumor that Mario's Super Move is his Ultra Flame technique graphically enhanced. Ultra Flame was the last move Mario learned in SMRPG. How many people think this is true?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It's not the Ultra Flame really. It's somewhat similar in that he shoots giant fireballs, but the Ultra Flame shot single giant fireballs at multiple enemies. Mario's current Super shoots out two giant fireballs (along with a bunch of other flame effects) that circle each other as they pass across the screen.

Top Bottom