• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Renth

Smash Hero

Ooohh Yeeeeaahhh

Definately would love to see Geno in smash brothers brawl

Super Mario RPG for greatest game ever made

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Renth said:

Ooohh Yeeeeaahhh

Definately would love to see Geno in smash brothers brawl

Super Mario RPG for greatest game ever made
Please, for your own sake...play Ogre Battle, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6 or even...Secret of Mana. Then compare their gameplay and storylines to Mario RPG.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Resting_Fox said:
Please, for your own sake...play Ogre Battle, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6 or even...Secret of Mana. Then compare their gameplay and storylines to Mario RPG.
Only Chrono Trigger, FFV and FFVI are better than Mario RPG.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
Don't make this thread suck with another RPG argument, as much as you love to do so. Not only you, but everyone else who is saying which RPG is best.

"Well it was probably a test to see which one the boy went to, His mom or her friend. The classic Mama's Boy test.

You get topless with one of your female friends and put on a show. If the boy goes to his mom, you send him to boarding school. If he goes to the friend you reward him with the further removing of the freind's clothes...

It's really a tried and true method that's been practiced by all aristocratic families in Europe and America." -My 2nd favorite qoute from Resting Fox.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmmm... Interesting... a Geno thread... Have any of you Geno fans heard of me or my accomplishments? I'm actually quite popular with Geno fans in the Nsider, IGN, GameFAQs, and Gamespot forums... ;)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've read a lot of the posts here and I've noticed that many of you believe that Geno is mentioned 4 times but he's actually mentioned 5 times. Here's proof:

No.14 Nickname & HiGe The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Most first the hammer っ it is with マリオシリーズ the thing. In case by your, that was スーパーマリオ RPG. Seeing CM, very borrowing to the friend of that time with interest...... certain, you have forgotten to return it seems the way that way...... Well it sets aside trivial thing, by your very you like that game. Even among them, the doll and the Gee no where game original character soul resides. In juvenile mind, it stayed in him with the reflection very. Because sale at that time it was the elementary school student, freely there was a time when you play. Because of that, being also it clears to be quick extremely, simply just a little lonesome separation where but......, it is not never sad meaning in the ending, waited. If the next work was, being to think, that certainly and it can meet to the Gee no, it does, but because... it is quick, time to pass already it became good age, (laughing certainly did not have this questionnaire, you did not remember either the thing of the Gee no, probably will be. While answering to the questionnaire, when perhaps it does and it can meet, that... just just you expecting a little, whether it is it is not, it increases,

(The statement above basically says that the guy wants Geno in Brawl because it was his favorite game when he was in elementary school and that Geno was his favorite character. He goes on to say that even though he's grown up so much in the past ten years, he still loves the game and Geno. He then laughs at himself because he accidently suggests a character instead of a music theme (like he originally intended to do.)

No. 86 Nickname & beginning The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Beginning! The っ which is the スマブラ new work it is and has been excited! ! The reflection to キャラ, with with the notion that where you say... from game and マリオ RPG which I love the Gee no...! ! Lines turning and skill and setting of Gee no. It is the chair coming which very is. First play time immature kindergarten child (!) Was, but now already it is the high school student. 10 years or more it passed to be even to, it is favorite the game which occasionally you have played. The む oak does, without understanding well, doing in feeling, hurting, but now you do with it is different at all, it is, don't you think?. Also from charm of the Gee no reached the point where it is understood... it is very delightful, is, * the no no to tell the truth it is the doll and/or, to tell the truth is the messenger of the star when, "the hay! "It is word っ ちゃ う cuteness, (laughing) and... little bit kana forcing ED. That, blue mantle again! Production, please persevere ^ ^ the っ which has been enjoyed!

(The statement above says that this guy loves Mario RPG and Geno. He first played it when he was in kindergarten but, ten years later, he stills loves the game and plays it frequently. He then comments that love for something grows with time. He then comments that Geno is a charming character.)

No. 247 Nickname & sea cucumber Contribution theme & depending etc. You ask already truly. This thinking was designated as 10 letter compositions. "The request Gee no putting out! " Then favorite the beverage you write. Favorite beverage: アンバサ

(The Statement above is a simple statement. This is basically a Geno fanboy asking for Geno. He then asks Sakurai-san what his favorite beverage is and then the guy states what his is.)

No. 268 Nickname & マユミ The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Today, beginning? This page you were already agitated instantaneously is discovered! ! No せ I do 1st being to love in the game which previous スマデラ did until now. That everyday did that. You think that both キャラ, stage, the movie and music it is splendid it is possible and is. Because スマデラ the friend who does was not around me, the younger brothers and sisters you do, or did increased with 1 person and, but you did not grow tired at all. The consideration which can be played pleasantly even with 1 person, is quantity in this game, ill-smelling it is being to be. I grow tired the game doing, mostly, immediately, it is. So as for this you do not grow tired at all. Being to think, that such game it makes rather it is difficult, it does, but Sakurai made that...! It is the fearful person in good sense, (laughing) キャラ is the 1st reflection in the ice climber. The ice climber being it has been popular being to have known, it does, but... never it is lovely so...! ! When ポポナナ パンッ has touched at the time of victory, it is dense lovely something! ! When and it tries using, it is strong something! ! ! When 1 person it is done, there is a weak point that the weak body, aerial side movement is slow, but the stop っ ちゃ feeling where that intense スマッシュ skill is decided it was good! ! Because, I アイクラ was subject. That it probably will win the fox of the younger brother with アイクラ, being desperate, コンボ skill inspects the bosom oak to be... almost it could not win after all, but (laughing) even then it is to abandon with it has persevered? アイクラ to pull me to here, because they are the sources whom it makes be packed, and that the form, voice would like to hear lovely even with スマブラ X, is. Efficiency of the previous ポポナナ individual completely was the same, but each one also っ て the fact that efficiency is different delicately is funny so? How thinking, it increases. The あ, by the way new キャラ desires the Gee no and the participation of マロ. Already, also 10 years pass, but CM or not yet even cannot forget the story or music. Because 2 are people and character and skill unique, when it can participate, you think that it can enjoy rather. The long sentence impoliteness it does. Then paying attention to the body...

(Oh man, this guy says so much... He basically wants the ice Climbers to return and talks about what he likes about them. He then later requests Geno and Mallow as fighters. He comments that they'd be fun and unique characters. He also says that even though ten years have pasted since the release of Super Mario RPG, he can never forget the game's music or story.)

No. 276 Nickname & マリオマスター Contribution theme * the music which is wanted inserting All everyone who has participated Sakurai, and to development. Very today. Will development how probably be? In we head, as for the music which is used in the game, as for those where it is necessary for the game it is the rice cake remaining overnight, but you think that they are one fine arts, it is! As for the game, スマブラ, the Nintendo Co. compilation into one book. In other words, there is no reason which even compilation into one book of the Nintendo Co. music can be said is? X of first generation, DX, and new work. By his is impressed hurting, it does with any スマブラ. Only main theme it can designate X yet as the ear, but it is this one tune, and others, you shivered, it is! Already, when development advances in earnest, you knew it is it is not, how it becomes, is. Well, rather thing please drive out with impression. By all means, all people, we request the kind of music which the impression tear it is possible! Privately it is BGM of the forest of ハナチャン "of マリオ RPG", if "carefulness it is in the mushroom of the forest," being to be delightful enormously, it does, but don't you think? but..., because that is the case that it is also the copyright of スクエニ, it is unreasonable; Well, if the Gee no participates, certainly! (Excessiveness The renewal here it devotes to one time closing and development so the shank. Everyone! The new world is enjoyed! Please persevere!

(This statement basically says that the guy wants the Forest Maze theme from Mario RPG in Brawl. He then goes to say that it'd be awesome if Geno were added too.)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Good, this just raises the chances of him being included. Btw, I suggest you don't double post, it's looked down upon here almost as much as GameFAQS.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, I've never heard of you, but we don't allow double posting on our forum. We have an Edit button for that. Thanks for the information though. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Marshigio said:
Good, this just raises the chances of him being included. Btw, I suggest you don't double post, it's looked down upon here almost as much as GameFAQS.
Really? That's looked down upon? I never got scolded for that on the Nsider forums... Hmm..

Well anyways, I went to Nintendo of Japan's HQ in Kyoto about three weeks ago and attempted to drop off a 26 page portfolio explaining why Geno should be in Brawl. I was stopped by a security guard and tried to get him to take it inside but he refused so I ended up mailing it when I was in Tokyo. The portfolio included the following:

1) a three paragraph opening statement
2) a table of contents
3) a petition with 444 signatures on it representing people from 16 different forums (including this one) in support for Geno
4) 15 reasons why Geno should be in Brawl that were at least a paragraph long in length (created by myself and Milkman007)
5) Three complete movesets to give the developers some ideas (created by myself, Milkman007, and Chaosboshi)
6) A drawn special (B) moveset (drawn by Algus Underdunk)
7) Two possible updated versions of Geno drawn by professional artists (SFox8 and Laura Mir Wilson)
8) An english and Japanese copy of both of these

All together, it took me over 60 hours in a week and a half to organize. I'm not sure if it'll do anything but at least I can say I gave it my best shot because I didn't do for myself, I did it for the Geno fans of the US that want him to return so badly. There's strength in numbers and hopefully Nintendo can appreciate that. Walt Disney once said, "If you can dream it, you can do it" and even though this isn't big in the grand scheme of things, I hope I was able to make a difference. Geno's been gone for too long and its time for him to come home...

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Well Fatman I have to admire your dedication and hard work but...I think if your letter and petition were ever really read, it probably would have been taken lightly at best. Internet petitions are usually ignored because grosses of entities on the internet are actually AI bots, of a caliber the government won't admit to having achieved, [because it would spoil the ruse]. And you can't consider the opinion of an AI bot to be valid, when it hasn't even played the video game.

Also, your making of your own movesets might be seen as arrogant or silly by the dvelopers, sure it's all well and good here on forums if we want to show off some creativity, but they'd probably give their own ideas priority over outsiders. Besides, Can't you have faith in the developers? The people who decided to make Pit's bow split into two short swords, and act as a propellor? I'm sure they've got plenty of genius on their own without the help of lackadaisical internet junkies.

BTW, Geno's gotten enough postitive feedback from the inside [5 letter regarding him on the Toukouken]. I'm sure they've already decided whether or not to put him in the game.

Sorry to be so negative, but... look at it this way. Futility is it's own reward...or something like that.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
Well Fatman I have to admire your dedication and hard work but...I think if your letter and petition were ever really read, it probably would have been taken lightly at best. Internet petitions are usually ignored because grosses of entities on the internet are actually AI bots, of a caliber the government won't admit to having achieved, [because it would spoil the ruse]. And you can't consider the opinion of an AI bot to be valid, when it hasn't even played the video game.

Also, your making of your own movesets might be seen as arrogant or silly by the dvelopers, sure it's all well and good here on forums if we want to show off some creativity, but they'd probably give their own ideas priority over outsiders. Besides, Can't you have faith in the developers? The people who decided to make Pit's bow split into two short swords, and act as a propellor? I'm sure they've got plenty of genius on their own without the help of lackadaisical internet junkies.

BTW, Geno's gotten enough postitive feedback from the inside [5 letter regarding him on the Toukouken]. I'm sure they've already decided whether or not to put him in the game.

Sorry to be so negative, but... look at it this way. Futility is it's own reward...or something like that.
Way to ruin the moment.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Before I start, I'd like to say that I read what you said earlier today but I didn't have enough time to respond since I had to go to work. Originally, I was pissed (and pretty hurt) for you using the word "futile" but I'm over it now. You are the third person I've met who's used that word describing my portfolio. I, however, thank you for explaining your reasons unlike the other two guys. You appear to be a very intelligent person and I respect that. I refuse to flame because that would be unprofessional of me and I refuse to go into a fanboy rant. I see myself as the ambassador of the Geno fans of the Nsider forums so I'll act with dignity. Your comments were justified, but I believe you went a little too far if you know what I mean.

Did you ever take into consideration the amount of time (60 plus hours in a week and a half plus another 10 for research) I put into the portfolio or the 9 other people who helped me create it? Did you think about how I spent 5 hours wandering around the streets of Kyoto with a party of five trying to find Nintendo's HQ? Did you ever think of the people who supported my efforts? There were probably about 30 or so people who personally emailed me and thanked me for what I did before I left, about 100 people who tracked my progress when I was in Japan, and a countless number of people who welcomed me back with open arms and are still sending me thank you notes. I did this for them. I was already going to Japan on a trip that I had been planning for 2 years and I thought, hey, maybe I could do everyone a favor. The US really didn't get a say in the Brawl poll so I thought this was my chance to show Nintendo what many people in the US thought.

I like to say that this portfolio was extremelly well organized and professional. It wasn't a "gimme gimme gimme" letter because (seeing as my father is one of the vice Presidents of Bank of America) I knew better. He told me the three basic rules when asking a company something: 1) Never beg, 2) Never make threats like you're going to boycott the company unless you have a ton (try several thousand) people behind you and 3) If you ask for something, explain why throughly. I easily met these requirments. In the opening 3 paragraphs I even wrote, " We thank you for your time and only ask that you take all of this into serious consideration. With the up most respect and sincerity, The Geno fans of America."

I wouldn't have done this if I didn't think Geno had a chance. I already completely understand the situation behind him.As a character, Geno means a lot to me. He sorta represents a happy time in my childhood. I remember pretending I was Geno on the playground and even wearing wind breakers so I could pretend they were capes so I'd look like him (I was eight at the time, and I still wear a trench coat when the weather is nice both indoor and out). Geno inspired me to create my own characters and stories and now ten years later, I dream of becoming an animator and following in the foot steps of Hayao Miyazaki. Mario RPG is also the longest game I've ever beaten in one sitting without saving or getting a game over (it took me ten hours). Lastly, I cried a little bit when Geno goes back into the heavens at the end of the game. When I saw that, I just had this awful feeling that I'd never see him again but maybe, just maybe there's hope now... A lot of people have been waiting 10 years for his return and I'm one of them.

Here's an interesting story for you; one of the people who signed my petition was actually an avid Geno hater. We debated about for 3 days straight but I thanked him for his comments because he was living proof that there were only a few people againist Geno in a sea of support. He was so touched that he ended up signing (he swore he'd kill me if I gave anyone his name :laugh: ).

I'm extremelly confident that a vast majority of the people who signed my petition weren't "AI Bots." They gave me stories, they gave me reasons, they emailed me; I've never heard of a machine doing that.

When me, Milkman007, and Chaosboshi made the movesets, we weren't trying to "one up" the developers. I do have a lot of confidence in them but I wanted to perhaps, help them. Think about it, Brawl's expected to be the greatest game of the decade; they've got a lot of weight on their shoulders and I thought, "What if I could help them? What if I could give them some ideas and maybe take some weight off or perhaps save them a few hours of brainstorming?" I even wrote on the cover page of that section: SAMPLE movesets. I wasn't like "You have to do it this way," but rather "here are some ideas that may help you." I wasn't trying to be arrogant and I'm mortified that you saw it that way...

I'd like to finish by sawing futile is an ugly word. The webster dictionary defines it as "Useless, trivial, pointless..." Nothing anyone ever does for other people should ever be called this. That word alone basically labels everything that I did, my friends did, and the people who supported me did as "useless." Is that fair? I went to Japan knowing (I even warned my supporters before I left) that this was not a "sure fire way" to get Geno in. I knew that the chances of it going through and more or less read, were slim (almost laughable) but I kept telling them, "at least we gave it our best shot." I wanted to take action, I didn't want to sit around, I wanted to make a difference! I'm 18 years old and I fully know that life is just like how the Rollingstones say, "You can't always get what you want." I'm not a feverous fanboy but I am someone who can say he did his best for others.

I hope this has helped you understand the situation a little better. Like I said, I wish you no ill will and thank you for giving me this oppurtunity to fully explain myself.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I understand your plight, but you're missing a very valid point. There is a very good chance the Sakurai and his team will never see your portfolio. There is a very good chance that it will be returned to you, unopened.

Everything that I've ever heard about such subjects dictates that any professional company cannot take unsolicited ideas from people they haven't paid. If they opened your portfolio, and read it, and then used your ideas, they'd have to pay you.

I'm not an expert on the subject, I'm just saying, don't be depressed if you get it back.

But hey, the amount of time and energy spent on it is amazing, and as a Geno fan, I appreciate the effort. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thanks McFox. I know what you said is probably true but, hey, I gave it my best shot. I never really expected them to use my ideas but the point of the portfolio was to sorta give Geno a little "push" (if you know what I mean) and show the developers how many people want Geno here in the States. Heck, I just want Geno to return. I could care less if my ideas were used or more less even considered but I wanted to do more than the average fan would. There's no doubt that Nintendo gets "request" mail all the time and I didn't want mine just to be a whiny individual letter representing one person, I wanted it to represent the Geno fans of the US as a whole. Still, it's been almost 4 weeks since I sent it and I'll give it another 2-3 weeks to either get a response or have it returned. I wasn't expecting anything big if I got a response anyway like "OHS ME GOD!!! WE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO DEFINATELY GONNA PUT GENO IN BRAWL!!! HAVE A COOKIE!!!" or "Your idea was crap. We set it on fire as soon as we got it and we're still laughing at you!" I was expecting something brief like "We're sorry but we don't take fan requests" or "Your portfolio has made us think, etc, etc." Still, Geno's chances look good without my portfolio. He's the most mentioned character in Sakurai-san's blog along side King Dedede, he's a completely unique and original character, he'd easily be the easiest third party character to get since Nintendo already owns half the rights to him and he's probably the most requested third party character in the world since he's in second in the US (behind Sonic) and Japan (behind Megaman). Oh well, dream a little dream, Geno fans, dream a little dream...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
They wouldn't necessarily have to use the ideas presented, however. Simply the portfolio could work as a springboard to nudge them in the right direction (Geno's, that is :laugh:)

I appreciate the effort. The world, and especially the Nintendo community, needs more people like you :)

NukeA6

Smash Master
I wonder how you'll act if Geno made it in Brawl.

I can't say Geno has no chance seeing he's one of the most famous Mario characters and seeing that Nintendo still cares about him (he appeared in that Mario & Luigi RPG).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
(responding to above statement)

That's what I was kinda hoping it would do with the movesets. I've probably seen a good 7 or 8 movesets made by Geno fans in the past 3 months and surprizingly, they were all similar. For example, almost every Geno fan wants Geno's "B" move to be the Geno beam, his B smash to be Geno Whirl, his B down to be Geno Blast and his Brawl (Super Smash) attack to be Geno Flash. Many also agreed that he should be a somewhat light character and that he should be fast .

By the way, thank you for your kind words. You're not the first person to have said this since I've come back but I appreciate it none-the-less.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hopefully he makes it. he is so badass that i added him to my wishlist without ever playing smrpg. i really want to play the game all the way through now since it seems so cool. i only played a brief part because i was bored of the battle system (i am used to paper mario and mario & luigi) so i probably should borrow it from my friend again

(quickly runs away to get smrpg)

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Geno rules.He pwns.He destroys.He annihliates.He eats unnutritious pudding as part of a nutritious breakfast.I loved the Geno beam and Geno rocket.He would eat Mario for breakfast.If they include mallow along with him,I do not know how many Mallow and Geno team matches would exist.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
NukeA6 said:
I wonder how you'll act if Geno made it in Brawl.

I can't say Geno has no chance seeing he's one of the most famous Mario characters and seeing that Nintendo still cares about him (he appeared in that Mario & Luigi RPG).
How is he one of the most famous? Only hardcore fans who have played SMRPG know about him. I didn't even know who he was before Sakurai's poll. O_o

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
I can picture Geno in Brawl much more effectively than most characters suggested. Do you plan on contacting Nintendo again, McFox?

PS: McFox calls them like he sees them, girl.

*three snaps in Z formation*

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
if Geno and Mallow were both in it, you could have just a SMRPG match (Mario, Geno, Mallow, Bowser or Peach).

...my God, that would be awesome. It would pwn! It would be pwnsome!

*froths at mouth*

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
No need to split hairs, he means most people who played it remember him.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I can tell your a very intelligent and respectiful person Fatmoanonice. If nothing, you have my support and respect. And even if Geno doesn't make it in for some reason or another, at least you can be proud in the fact that you tried. I doubt any other characters being recommended as much as Geno is.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
A thought just occured in the depths of my mind. In Super Mario RPG, Geno never ran he only walked. But he was the fastest character so why don't we take control of that and make Geno float? Kind of like Mewtwo but faster. He is technically a star after all and stars (Mario stars) can fly. What do you guys think?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
He still moved on his feet. I picute his character being a lot like Sheik in Melee. Fast and with fairly powerful moves.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
His taunt from whenever you finished a battle. The thing where he looks at the camera, crosses his legs and does his little head nod. It kind of reminds me of Ness's Taunt.

Top Bottom