• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I agree with above movelist, but I think Geno Whirl should be the Brawl move, hbecause it is the most powerful; move in the game.

GENO, MALLOW, AND SMITHY FOR BRAWL!

YAY! 600th comment!

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
ColonelAlloy said:
B: Geno Beam. It's as simple as holding B and then letting go. If you release B just as the beam reaches full charge, it does more damage (just like in the game).

Forward B: Gun Moves. I don't know yet if it would be better to cycle them, or do them randomly, but here they are:
--Unarmed: Geno's arm flies off and smacks the enemy, exploding on impact. Moderate damage.
--Finger Shot: Geno's fingertips unleash machinegun fire. Small damage, but more hits.
--Elbow Cannon: Slower fire, but more damage.
--Star Shot: This one would have to be rarer (maybe it activates under certain conditions?), as star shot does an insane amount of damage. Or maybe it could just be moderate damage, but knock the enemy back?

Up B: Geno Whirl. Hurls a disc of energy. Once the disc of energy is released, it can be slightly steered with the analog stick. Right as it's passing through an opponent, pressing B again will do more damage (but sadly, not the 9999 it does in the game. That would be a bit broken).

Down B: Geno Flash. Would work like Pikachu's Thunder, with the slight exception of there's more bolts. Oh, and they hit randomly across the stage. Very useful in cramped 4 player matches =D.

The Brawl Move would be Geno turning himself into a cannon and unleashing his starry wrath on the screen.

Thoughts?
Pretty good, but he doesn't have a third jump in this moveset. I like the side B, though.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I like the moveset, but I wouldn't like the idea of his attacks being random. I don't want to do a move with him in a 1 on 1 and not know if it's gonna go near the guy even. I'll probably play as Geno if they stick him in the game, but I am a little concerned about his moves. In RPG all of his attacks were projectiles, and I don't want to see him in brawl with all Projectile Shots. His specials form the game could work out to be his B moves, but then I don't know about all of his standard attacks, like the Finger shot and Elbow Cannon.

The Star shot didn't do an insane amount of damage, it was just the usual step up form his last weapon. I think Geno DID have the best attack rating and that was his most pwerful attack, so it probably did a lot, though.

GenG

Smash Lord
The thing about Geno (and many other characters) isn't to make a moveset based solely in what he did in the game, but to make a moveset to capture the personality and mood of the character to the point to be considered canon out of Smash Bros. Although Falcon never did punches nor kicks in any of his games, that moves fit the character perfectly. The same could be said about Marth or Zelda.

Geno is a RPG-ish character, so it's somewhat limited, but the hard thing is to make new moves based and respecting nature, moves, personality and mood of Geno. That's the feat behind Smash Brothers. The "copy and paste" for generic moves doesn't work with many characters.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yea, I get you and I'm sure he'll have a lot of punches in the game, but I hpe to see a lot of his original moves in the game.

Hey, I just thought of a great idea for his Up B. He turns into that canon from his Geno Flash and launches himself a short distance in a diagonal direction, similar to the path that Falcon or Ganon take during their thir jumps.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
McFox said:
I'm pretty sure Mario had the highest attack with the Lazy Shell item. Geno's special attribute was speed.
I was told Geno's Whirl, Peach's Frying Pan, or MArio's Lazy Shell were the best attacks. Is the Lzy Shell ealy the most powerful?

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
Geno Whirl does 9999 damage if you time it correctly, so that's the strongest attack in the game (doesn't work on bosses). Mario's lazy shell is the strongest weapon for your basic attack in the game, but it depends on Mario's stats, too- so it doesn't necessarily do the most damage, but it has the -potential- to do the most damage (ie, if you never boost Mario's attack stat once when he levels, but you do it all the time for say, Bowser, Bowser will do more damage with his final weapon. I did this the first time I played SMRPG and Mario did like, a third of Bowser's damage).

I think if you unequipped everyone's gear and didn't take into account the stat bonus when your characters leveled, it would more or work like this:
Mario would be all-around, Geno would be the fastest (weak physical defense), Bowser would have the best physical attack and defense (weak Magic) , Mallow would have the best Magic attack and defense(?) (weak physical attack), and Peach would have the best something-or-other-I'm-not-sure. Best healerness, there you go.

I think that's generally how it breaks down, anyway. I might've made a mistake or two.

CyrillicShadow

Smash Rookie
this is my number one vote for 3rd party slot in SSBB. geno is the best character in mario rpg and you can make a really good move set.

GENO FOR SSBB

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
Hmm, well I guess Geno Whirl could be the brawl move, and if random isn't a good quality, then flash could be removed for blast as the down b...

Maybe the third jump could be like his legs turning into rockets and jettisoning off, astro boy style?

But I don't think a third jump is necessary, he could just be given above average jumps like Ness, and his cape could allow him to descend slowly...

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Wow 40 pages for this thread! 0.0

Like most of you, Geno was my favorite char from Super Mario RPG, and it would be great to see him in Brawl or in its own videogame since he's such a great char. I like the moveset that was posted in the first page, and I would like Geno to be a fast character with weird movement (crazy dash animation, non conventional 2nd jump) due to the fact that he's a puppet.

Stage suggestion for him : Forest Maze
It would kinda look like Mushroom Kingdom II from SSBM. But if you cross the edge on one of the sides, you disappear and you appear from the other side. Also, Bowyer would stand in the background and he would sometimes shoot arrows.

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
That's a great stage idea.

If Bowyer's arrow hits you, you should be unable to use specials for a few seconds =P.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Geno's special should be the Geno Flash, where turned into a cannon and shot a miniature sun onto the level which then explodes.

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that, or maybe like a crazy stage from Culex, or a level from Nimbus Land-a cloud level would be pretty cool.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Jeez. Why does Geno have such a gigantic following? I swear. If he isn't in Brawl, Sakurai is gonna get his nuts cut off and sold on the black market.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I don't know abotu that test. I took it and answered with pretty much all of the ******* answers and somehow got Luigi: Shy and Modest.???

Shark X

Smash Lord
Meh, alot of those characters just seem renamed. Like one of Kirby's enemies, and a Hammer Brother.

I do seem a bit, Genoish I guess. And since it didn't have Link, Meta-Knight, Mewtwo, or Samus, I guess Geno was the next cloesest thing O.o

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Geno, Mallow, Smithy, and JINX FOR BRAWL! ewven though Jinx and Smithy are REALLY unlikely.

PS: To everyone who took the test, IN YO FACE! I'M DK! DOING CRIME WHILE FIGHTING CRIME! A TRUE GANGSTA !

DokturSea

Smash Lord
hemightbegiant said:
Geno, Mallow, Smithy, and JINX FOR BRAWL! ewven though Jinx and Smithy are REALLY unlikely.

PS: To everyone who took the test, IN YO FACE! I'M DK! DOING CRIME WHILE FIGHTING CRIME! A TRUE GANGSTA !
?

I'm so out of the loop... =(

icymatt

Smash Lord
Why do you think he's slow? According to some of these guys, he's actualy the fastest character in the game (I can't remember...the only stats I really payed attention to were HP and FP).

And the 'he/she/it only does x' argument is bunk. The developers are creative, they can make movesets for ANYONE. Besides, Geno has more attack variety than many other candidates.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Geno was the fastest in the game. Geno also has many projectile possibilities, and I think he should be a character that focuses on his projectile game, but also has a somewhat decent game when it comes to getting into melee combat.. Jinx (NOT THE POKEMON) would be a sweet addition IMO. But Id much rather have Geno...

Dr.Ice_Falco

Smash Rookie
Wow, to have Geno in this game would just be amazing.. he was my fav. character in SMRPG: LOTSS when I played it 10 years ago. The way he is built, and his attacks in the game, it just seems like he would make an ideal character to this game

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
By the way- Jinx is also roughly a few pixels tall (several inches maybe?).

Even though I fully know who everyone was talking about, for some reason my intial thought was the pokemon, too.

Sora12225

Smash Cadet
Wow I had forgotten Jinx.... He would be a nice addition, Very powerful melee based fighter....

Oh and to Genos speed, I didn't mean in game stats, I only paid attention to FP and HP for him... I just meant like actual direct control speed, which I guess would be hard to determine because he was only active in a turnbased RPG...They all kinda just stand there :) He would work but there are several characters I'd rather see...And I know the developers can create a moveset for his character (Look at Fox) I meant in the game that's all I really remember...

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Nuke...say it ain't so....first a Waluigi, and now a Toad!?

I'm pretty sure we can count Jinx out. He wasn't a big part of the story, and you didn't even have to beat him. He's popular, but that's all he's got going for him(don't get me wrong though, he was my 2nd favorite original character from SMRPG, next to Geno). Also, I think even Mallow has a bigger chance of getting him, as sad as it may be.

Top Bottom