• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I said any sequels for a Nintendo system. The parentheses kinda got in the way of seeing it clearly though.
Oh my bad...

Chrono wasn't really in that game anyway...

Sad everyone from Chrono Trigger died a horrific death by the events of Chrono Cross...

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
i guess i will end with this. =

1. majority of gamers dont recognize geno nor do the older crowd. ( counter with pit... o wait he had a anime and is re-releasing via virtual console, so nevermind you cant counter with pit)
2. geno is a third party and would lose to megaman, sonic , bomberman, and even simon belmont.
3. 1 game playable and wasnt even the star, and cant be used for advertisment for the near future.
4. magic moveset?? pretty lame since its a possessed doll
5. square enix doesnt even like geno. or he woulda appeared more often

see ya on a better thread =]

Sinn

Smash Lord
i guess i will end with this. =

1. majority of gamers dont recognize geno nor do the older crowd. ( counter with pit... o wait he had a anime and is re-releasing via virtual console, so nevermind you cant counter with pit)
He had an anime? I've never heard of this. Also, Geno's game is being re-released for the VC as well. And I think that there might be as many people who don't know who Crono is as who don't know who Geno is.

2. geno is a third party and would lose to megaman, sonic , bomberman, and even simon belmont.
I question whether he would lose out to Belmont. I think that Sonic definitely has a better chance if it all came down to it, and even Mega Man might give him a run for his money even though he was voted lower on the poll. But, correct me if I'm wrong, Geno is unique in that he's the only character that comes from a game published by Nintendo, and as such, even though he might need Square's permission to be included, I doubt he would take an opening away from another third party character.

3. 1 game playable and wasnt even the star, and cant be used for advertisment for the near future.
Am I not supposed to bring up the Pit thing on the advertisement point with the VC? And Geno was a star. Quite literally. Hahahahaha. Ah, I jest. But seriously, if they were to add a character in the game...Mario is the star and is already in Brawl. So who else might they add? Hmmm...

4. magic moveset?? pretty lame since its a possessed doll
This is nothing more than your opinion and is not a valid reason. Also, most of Geno's special attacks involved magic of some kind. This point is completely void.

5. square enix doesnt even like geno. or he woulda appeared more often
Perhaps the reason Geno hasn't appeared more is because his story had a beginning and an ending? Like GOOD characters have?* Geno's role as a character is somewhat rigid...and unless they decided to make another story that directly involved the Star Road (which was more a plot device in Mario RPG than anything else to move the adventure along, really...they would need to expand it a lot to make it a core concept in a game, especially one where Geno is THE main character), it would be unlikely for Square to have any legitimate reason to make another game with Geno.

see ya on a better thread =]
I hope I don't see you on any threads. Your posts are poorly written and lack substance.

*I don't know about anyone else, but the way Square is milking FFVII recently with all these spin-off titles really grinds my gears. Ok, that said...

Sinn

Smash Lord
Ok...does anyone else here think that the red stuff on Geno's head isn't his hair, or is that just me? I've never thought it was his hair for some reason...mainly because there's none anywhere else, even in the back, and it just looks like...more decoration on his hat to me. If they ever showed him without the hat it would help...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok...does anyone else here think that the red stuff on Geno's head isn't his hair, or is that just me? I've never thought it was his hair for some reason...mainly because there's none anywhere else, even in the back, and it just looks like...more decoration on his hat to me. If they ever showed him without the hat it would help...
Technically it's wood shavings meant to look like hair

Sinn

Smash Lord
This brings up the question...when and if they add Geno to the game, how much do you think they'll update his design? The only thing I see that I would want changed is his proportions, since all of the Mario characters look different in Brawl than they did in Mario RPG. I would want him to look somewhat similar in style to their current incarnations, but still look like...him.

Hong

The Strongest
It's artificial hair. The doll probably wasn't meant to have it's hat taken off, so it'd only have a bit of hair glued to expose itself from the front.

Edit - I think Geno about Mario's size with more realistic looking fabric and plastic/wood.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It's artificial hair. The doll probably wasn't meant to have it's hat taken off, so it'd only have a bit of hair glued to expose itself from the front.

Edit - I think Geno about Mario's size with more realistic looking fabric and plastic/wood.
If a doll is Mario's size, then The Italian Stallion of Nintendo must be a real ******. :p

And as far as Geno's design, he should be more graphical, give him a scarf, and a cape. Tha'd be suuuwwweeet!

Hong

The Strongest
Good night Sinn. ^.^
If a doll is Mario's size, then The Italian Stallion of Nintendo must be a real ******. :p
Well, I'm looking at the select screen, and it looks like Geno is just a bit taller than Mario. Don't forget, he got pretty big when he entered the doll. :p
And as far as Geno's design, he should be more graphical, give him a scarf, and a cape. Tha'd be suuuwwweeet!
I wouldn't mind that. =)

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Good night Sinn. ^.^Well, I'm looking at the select screen, and it looks like Geno is just a bit taller than Mario. Don't forget, he got pretty big when he entered the doll. :pI wouldn't mind that. =)
I remember reading somewhere that Mario was 4'7. I don't know if it was a reliable source. But I think it can be assumed that Geno will be as tall as Mario if not a little taller. With his hat on. Ha.

Sinn

Smash Lord
4'7"? o_O I would think five feet, minimum...I dunno, when I played the games, I felt that Mario, Geno and Peach were all roughly the same size, with Mallow being kind of a runt and Bowser bing a hulk.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Coming from a PAL region I know next to nothing about Geno. What is apparent is that he is extremely popular. Can I ask what makes him so popular?

Hong

The Strongest
Coming from a PAL region I know next to nothing about Geno. What is apparent is that he is extremely popular. Can I ask what makes him so popular?
If you were to ask Super Mario RPG fans who their favourite character was from the game, at least 4/5 would say Geno which is quite a lot of fans considering the game sold millions. He made the game so memorable for me, personally. While he may just look like a doll, he's actually an agent from star road who chose Geno as his host body and enlarged it. As soon as he arrived he dedicated his presence to recovering the stars in order to repair Star Road. Geno, gameplay wise, was an amazing support character, had one of the coolest abilities and very interesting character development from the start. He has many mystical abilities combined with things like rocket arms, hand cannons, ect.

Super Mario RPG is stated as a 2007 Virtual Console release. That'll be your chance to get an idea on who he is exactly.

SiD

Smash Master
Man, I've been waiting for a re realease of this game for years, been hoping for one since GBA came out. Can't wait for the VC version.

Hong

The Strongest
If Geno stirs even more popularity in Brawl, perhaps they will consider making a REAL Super Mario RPG 2. (Paper Mario Doesn't count, as good as it is.)

Sinn

Smash Lord
One has to consider though...if they made a Mario RPG 2, and they made Geno return...since his character is noncorporeal in nature, would they bring back his original doll design? What really happened to it after the end of Mario RPG? I imagine that they COULD have him (conveniently) find the same type of doll again, or perhaps a newer version of the doll (re-released by the manufacturer because they're money grubbers).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BTW yeah...Mario is about 4'7...maybe less actually

He is quite a bit less than 5'

Sinn

Smash Lord
...if I met Mario in real life, I would pick him up and chuck him across the room. Because it would be funny. And what is Luigi, like six feet tall?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To conviently find it again? Wouldn't Gaz get rid of the doll by then?
Why would Gaz..

and how much longer are you assuming Mario RPG 2 would take place

I don't think a kid would get rid of a doll that suddenly came alive and started fighting against the forces of evil

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Why would Gaz..

and how much longer are you assuming Mario RPG 2 would take place

I don't think a kid would get rid of a doll that suddenly came alive and started fighting against the forces of evil
Excuse me? I never said I wanted a sequel or not, did I? I am just saying, if time were to pass in that universe, or if a possible sequel were to take place, wouldn't they be a bit older?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Excuse me? I never said I wanted a sequel or not, did I? I am just saying, if time were to pass in that universe, or if a possible sequel were to take place, wouldn't they be a bit older?
Who knows

and I never said you did

It's up to the designers to deside...

Rude much?

Sinn

Smash Lord
To conviently find it again? Wouldn't Gaz get rid of the doll by then?
That's just my point. Unless I missed it in the last scenes before the credits, the last time we see the doll is right after Smithy is defeated and Geno leaves it behind. Do we know if the heroes actually brought it back with them?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Do you happen to have a screen of that? I remember them sitting on a star and "Geno" flying around them and then up into the sky to spell THE END...but I can't recall the doll. It musta been small what with all the sprites being miniature for that part...

Hong

The Strongest
If you own the cartridge, you could always just *cough*load the game and find out. My SNES' power plug is good as dead so that's what I've been doing. D:

Sinn

Smash Lord
My cartridge is in in Las Vegas (I think) and I am not. Also, I don;t actually have an SNES with me now...the best I could do is get it for ZSNES, but they I would either have to download the save data or actually play through to the end. Maybe there is a youtube video or something...

Top Bottom