• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
In celebration of anticipation, I've Geno-ized my profile. Don't be jealous, I know the avatar and sig is awesome...

Anyway, I heard a jazz remix of Booster's Tower and it was really, really relaxing.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I´d like the Forest Maze, Culex theme, and Smithy battle theme to be in brawl. :)

Sinn

Smash Lord
...Psycho, when the **** did you get 8000 posts? o_O

I've been waaaay out of the loop for far too long...

Even with the delay, I suppose the good news is...if Geno is in the game (which he is) then we should know within one of two days of the Japan release...I remember that's how long it took Melee. So at most we've only got a couple weeks to wait tops, right?

Though with the way they seem ready to update characters like mad again, we might not have to wait that long.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
^ I have no idea how I got this many posts...I guess supporting so many characters to get in...

Anyway, Just...2 weeks or so till character leaks are confirmed...

Geno for Brawl...

Chepe

Smash Lord
One thing to remember: if a full roster screenshot is "leaked" and it has Geno in it, pay close attention to his design. That will easily prove the roster as genuine or fake. If he is rendered consistently with the other confirmed characters and has little unnecessary but nice details, then thats Sakurai's Geno for you.

Before characters like Dedede and Olimar and Sheik were confirmed, no one would have predicted those little small details so characteristic of Brawl designs (Dedede's "bathrobe", Olimar's suit buttons, and Sheik's extra bandages and dagger). Dont expect Geno to look like his SMRPG self is what Im saying. If you see a Geno that truly looks like he is made of wood and has a flowing cape or something along those lines, he will be the real deal.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
One thing to remember: if a full roster screenshot is "leaked" and it has Geno in it, pay close attention to his design. That will easily prove the roster as genuine or fake. If he is rendered consistently with the other confirmed characters and has little unnecessary but nice details, then thats Sakurai's Geno for you.

Before characters like Dedede and Olimar and Sheik were confirmed, no one would have predicted those little small details so characteristic of Brawl designs (Dedede's "bathrobe", Olimar's suit buttons, and Sheik's extra bandages and dagger). Dont expect Geno to look like his SMRPG self is what Im saying. If you see a Geno that truly looks like he is made of wood and has a flowing cape or something along those lines, he will be the real deal.
That's exactly what we need to do :)
I saw that in the "Sheik" leak, those minor details turned out to be true..

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That same list is found on the Smash Bros Dojo and also SEGA was not listed until Sonic was confirmed.
Exactly. If Geno's an AT, for example, Square Enix will have to be credited in Brawl's opening credits but, if he's unlockable, Square Enix doesn't have to be credited until you unlock him. It was like this in Melee too where Intelligent Systems wasn't credited for creating Marth/Fire Emblem on the title screen until you unlock him.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Exactly. If Geno's an AT, for example, Square Enix will have to be credited in Brawl's opening credits but, if he's unlockable, Square Enix doesn't have to be credited until you unlock him. It was like this in Melee too where Intelligent Systems wasn't credited for creating Marth/Fire Emblem on the title screen until you unlock him.
i have a feeling that third party AT's won't show up until you unlock the character.

but even still, this is a moot point since we all know that Geno stands no chance to be an AT.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i have a feeling that third party AT's won't show up until you unlock the character.

but even still, this is a moot point since we all know that Geno stands no chance to be an AT.
That's probably the case but Geno is still techincally a Mario character... Regardless, you are right about Geno's chances of becoming an AT are practically non-existant. He's either playable or he's not in at all.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Supposedly I know someone who knows someone who has some sort of hookup to this information - I'm speculative, but if it's true, he says he should know the full roster within the next seven days.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Sounds a lot like every other leaker on these boards. I'd be careful with that info, because I could see a lot of flames coming your way.

On another note, I'd love to see a modern rendition of Geno as well. Bare in mind that it is most likely going to be Square's design, so if he's in, it'll be interesting to see what a compilation of Square and Sakurai can do.

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
Sounds a lot like every other leaker on these boards. I'd be careful with that info, because I could see a lot of flames coming your way.

On another note, I'd love to see a modern rendition of Geno as well. Bare in mind that it is most likely going to be Square's design, so if he's in, it'll be interesting to see what a compilation of Square and Sakurai can do.
Yeah modern would be awesome, I am getting a little sick of the old SNES geno as a playable character leak...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Mind you, I'm just repeating what I've heard from my friend - who's in turn repeating what HIS friend says.

Not a very reliable source whatsoever, but in this guy's defense, at least this one doesn't sound like the others. He's giving us a good amount of waiting time, and isn't giving info in intervals.

If a "leaker" gives their info in intervals, chance are they're fake.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Agreed . . . to an extent. The idea alone that this information is threading through multiple people whom aren't a reliable source only makes it sound less and less believable.

Besides, I don't think that the majority of posters here are going to trust any information until it is either confirmed by an official source, or they see it with their own eyes.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Well, if I recall, this guy is going to try for pictures as well.

Besides - it's not like this guy is going around announcing his findings, either - unless he's just playing a really big joke on his friend, there would really be no reason for him to lie.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, everyone...you should be able to remember Shadowbolt...he WAS one of the higher up members...

Now hopefully Geno is among this roster of SSBB

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree. We got all of the FS and special moves out of the way, time for a character! *coughgenocough*
You said it... oh dear, Shiek's special moves coming up... why'd you have to jinx it lol?

I just hope we get some character at all. Or a subspace movie would be cool.

Top Bottom