• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135075
^^ I Want everyone thoughts on that as that is my first thread evar here on Smashboards, It's a comparance between PM Geno and Bowser Jr (I Hope to not get flamed for it.)

So what's the current topic on him? It seems like we will know his fate in a couple of days.
..in like 2 weeks actually. There is like 17 days left until it's Japan release.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Luckily enough I'm not the type of guy that would look good in makeup, but my girlfriend has expressed her desire to one day force all men to at least wear eyeliner :laugh: She finds it oddly sexy...
Luckily I do

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Me too. I dress the way I want, and if people want to stereotype me, than thats there problem. I where colorful shirts and tight jeans though.

On topic: Anyone want me to photoshop a scene Geno?
Dear Lord No. If you Make Geno Scene, I won't be able to like him ever again.....you should have seen what someone did to Ike. Please. Don't.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"Scene"? What does it mean? I'm assuming it's what's popular now, or "on the scene", and that's stuff like My Chemical Romance, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. I don't want to see ANY character from my child-hood defiled like that. I can only imagine what they did to Ike D:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135075
^^ I Want everyone thoughts on that as that is my first thread evar here on Smashboards, It's a comparance between PM Geno and Bowser Jr (I Hope to not get flamed for it.)

So what's the current topic on him? It seems like we will know his fate in a couple of days.
Good topic! Sensed no bias even though you dislike BJ the most of the 3.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
What kind of music do you listen to?

On Topic: I wonder what kind of music Geno listens to.
I despise most of todays modern music. David Cross describes it perfectly. "30 year old men singing out lyrics that sound like they were written by 14 year old girls." Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, and lots of VG music from Kirby and MOTHER. Thats what I listen to.

What Geno listens to? Hm. A lot of Tchaikovsky songs remind me of him. Especially "March of the Sugar Plum Fairies."

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I despise most of todays modern music. David Cross describes it perfectly. "30 year old men singing out lyrics that sound like they were written by 14 year old girls." Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, and lots of VG music from Kirby and MOTHER. Thats what I listen to.

What Geno listens to? Hm. A lot of Tchaikovsky songs remind me of him. Especially "March of the Sugar Plum Fairies."
Isn't it "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies"?

And you are right, it speciallly reminds me of the scene where the star spirit posseses the doll :laugh:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Whatever Toadofsky composes

If I were to see geno 3-D I want it to be something nice looking but true to his form, with kneecaps and elbows.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I can't bear to look at a "scene" Geno; in my eyes not only would it might ruin him for me but that would be way out of character for him.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
I have really, REALLY wanted Geno in Brawl. I REALLY hope he gets in...

Then today, on my way to best buy, I was listening to my ipod. And I had several different versions of the Forest Maze theme. I was listening to them and I loved all of the versions of the song...and it made me want Geno even MORE.

I'm seriously going to be so upset if Geno doesn't make it in...but I'm not going to say that, because I know he will! :)

Super Mario Rpg still has a HUGE place in my heart...

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I have really, REALLY wanted Geno in Brawl. I REALLY hope he gets in...

Then today, on my way to best buy, I was listening to my ipod. And I had several different versions of the Forest Maze theme. I was listening to them and I loved all of the versions of the song...and it made me want Geno even MORE.

I'm seriously going to be so upset if Geno doesn't make it in...but I'm not going to say that, because I know he will! :)

Super Mario Rpg still has a HUGE place in my heart...
I'm sure everyone here feels the same way here. SMRPG was my first RPG, and still remains my favorite.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
If brawl character inclusions were like political elections: Geno is totally the green party candidate of Smash Bros. Brawl.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
o_O all emo-like? God please no! :p

I don't think that style fits Geno at all, but if someone wants to do it, go ahead ^^
I feel so old, and I'm only a senior in college. I had to look up what "scene" was too >.< Of course, it's basically the same style as indie kids so it's nothing I was really totally shocked to see, but meh.

So back on topic, I personally want Geno to remain in proportion to Mario and, more or less, cartoony. I wouldn't be able to stand it if Geno became more realistic. He needs a giant head and strange body frame. He could use some sprucing up, like maybe a few chains, adornments, or a new hairstyle. But, frankly, if they keep him in the Mario-style that's all I ask for. And, quickly, his Specials I made up. I can link you to the full moveset here, if you're curious (scroll down a bit). Enjoy.

B: Geno Beam -- Geno stands in place and starts charging his Beam. You cannot move while charging or firing this attack, and it takes its time. However, it becomes very, very powerful. You can let go of B to fire it at any time. The longer you charge, the wider and stronger the beam. It always goes through opponents, leaving them in place. You can hit multiple people at once with this attack. In mid air, Geno does that kickass "I'm gonna slowly float in midair while this attack fires" thing that Ryu does.

> B: Geno Whirl - Geno throws out his hand (with his cape billowing out, for the B.A. factor) and lets loose a slicing, horizontal energy blade: the Geno Whirl! Pressing B again at the right moment, as well as Smashing the attack, causes it to move faster and potentially deal more damage. If it connects perfectly with the center of a person's body (a la Rest)... instant KO! Of course, only a true master can figure out the timing to a "T." This attack will fly straight ahead and disappear when it hits an obstacle or enemy (as opposed to continuing on, like the Geno Beam).

^ B: Geno Boost - Geno crouches, then leaps high into the air. His ascent is followed by a trail of stars and his body flashes red. He builds attack power as he rises, so the most potential damage will be dealt at the peak of the Boost. At the end of this attack, Geno does a flip and falls, cape out, and flashing blue. He cannot be "flinched" while falling, and the rate of this "defense" rises as he descends until just before touching earth.

v B: Geno Blast - Geno throws his hands to the sky, then falls down. A large beam of blue light falls down just before Geno. This works very similar to Pikachu's Thunder, except it will extend the full reach of the top of the screen and holds people into the beam like Pichu's Thunder. The more distance it has to travel, however, the narrower the beam becomes. Geno is vulnerable while this attack is being called. In mid-air, Geno will hover where he calls the attack before falling down, just like Pikachu.

Final Smash: Geno Flash - Geno burns with fire, then pulls out his gun arm and charges. A large ball of energy appears on the tip, and as he is charging (and the wind whips around his cape. Remember, B.A. factor!) his body flashes white and starts to configure itself into the shape of a cannon around the gun. When the shot is fully charged, he lets loose a huge explosion that encompasses a wide radius around his body. He becomes a mere shadow in the explosion as he transforms back, and anybody caught will remain in place but sustain heavy damage. The explosion shrinks back to Geno's gun, now his arm once more, and anybody who took damage will fall down for a split second while Geno nods at the camera. Geno is invincible during the entire attack.​

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
YOU feel old, I'm in college...

'course I sorta know what it is...

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
geez...i'm in college too, but i'm familiar with scene kids. in fact, i interact with a variety of scene kids everyday. what obscure part of the country are you guys on anyway?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
geez...i'm in college too, but i'm familiar with scene kids. in fact, i interact with a variety of scene kids everyday. what obscure part of the country are you guys on anyway?
Heh, no...I do interact with them...

I didn't call them "scene" because I'm not into lables...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord

LCRedDevilHS

Smash Rookie
Raise your glasses high for the Star Warrior.

Here's to you, Geno. A character from a historic game. A game that had many changes in the Nintendo World. It is because of you that Bowser joined Mario's side. It is also the first time that Bowser became a playable character. It is also, because of you, Geno, that the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom received a name. You were there, Geno. Also, you are in the first Nintendo character that was helped devolped by a third-party. It is you who brought Role Playing Games into the Mario Universe. It is also you, Geno, who proved how powerful the stars are in the Mario Universe. Star collecting is now a regular tradition in the Mario games because it was your job. You, Geno, are the only character who actually knocked Mario out in one attack. A great accomplishment, indeed. Also, you proved to us that Mushrooms do not just make you grow but actually restore hit points. Fire Flowers do not just attack with fire, but recover magic points. And you were there when Samus, Link, Fox, DK, and others were seen in the Mario World. It was you, Geno, that added crazy characters like Frogfucius, Mallow, Smithy, Exor, Boshi, Peach's Grandma, and many others.

You left us, Geno, promising to return when there was real danger. You have yet to reappear, but the RPGs have not been the same without your Star Gun, Elbow Cannons, and Geno Whirl/Instant Kill attacks. We do not get the same feeling from the new characters that have become Mario's partners in the RPGs. We know that you may never return, yet we have been waiting 12 years for your reappearance. Old gamers, we will always remember who and what Geno meant.

So, here's to you, Geno. The noble Star Warrior who has left. If you return, then it will bring joy to everyone in the older generation gamers. And, if you cannot return, then we will always remember you in our hearts. The others who hate you, degrade you, and want Waluigi, Bowser Junior, and Paper Mario may trash you, but we know that you stand on a much higher platform because it is you that "Serves a higher authority."

Here's to you, Geno. Let this year be your year. And, if not, let us continue to hold you close to our hearts.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
The others who hate you, degreade you, and want Waluigi, Bowser Junior, and Paper Mario may trash you, but we know that you stand on a much higher platform because it is you that "Serves a higher authority."

Here's to you, Geno. Let this year be your year. And, if not, let us continue to hold you close to our hearts.
QFT. Amen.

D

Deleted member

Psycho, your new sig is the sexy. Great job on the moving eye.

Anyways, FlipTroopa, that's pretty much his moveset. =P Still a great moveset though.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, the last game that Geno had a starting role in was how long ago?

Also, he isn't exactly all important to the Mario franchise. He makes one minor appearance in one game and is a major supporting character in another, but this hardly helps his chances. And Nintendo's relationship with SE is pretty bad. I'd see a more recent character like Paper Mario (Super Paper Mario) and Bowser Jr. in before him.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman

Also, he isn't exactly all important to the Mario franchise. He makes one minor appearance in one game and is a major supporting character in another, but this hardly helps his chances. And Nintendo's relationship with SE is pretty bad. I'd see a more recent character like Paper Mario (Super Paper Mario) and Bowser Jr. in before him.
Time is relative...

10 years isn't that many

...and I don't see how that matters as long as he has the support, and interest (especially of the creator of Smash)

D

Deleted member

Er... minor role? Play the game before you judge, please.

Top Bottom