• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Now looking back, Geno's fanbase isn't nonexistant, but not nearly as high as other Square Enix characters.

And to be honest, the 1,000 pages here are mainly flaming, spam, and arguments that have been discussed over and over again, frequented by a few members.
Oh, right. I remember that, flame wars about mainly third party characters and chances..

YEah, thats true. Geno dosent even come close to characters like Cloud and the like.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Oh how naive. Your acting like I was a troll.

Sora was in a game made by Disney and Square Enix. The character model itself was developed by Square Enix. Therefore Sora IS owned by Square Enix. Partially by Disney, but mostly Square Enix.

Man this thread has gone downhill, there actually used to be some good debaters here, but now there are just ignorant fools (minus a few).
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/1/919011_60729_back.jpg

It's hard to spot, but when I just spend the past 10 minutes searching for Kingdom Hearts box art (backside) all I got was stupid fan stuff.

If you can make it out, it says (c) Disney. Only does it mark the Final Fantasy stuff as (c) Square-Enix. Get your copy of KH for the PS1 and look for yourself: all the games are like this. Disney would never do anything with the property without Square-Enix as far as games go, but they are completely capable of marketing Sora and KH without Square's involvement. Go to a Disney Channel Store any day of the week and you'll see.

I'm sorry if I drive this thread off topic again, but there's no way in hell Sora's going to be in THIS Smash Bros. Maybe a future one, but he's not representative of much for Nintendo not even considering the fact people can't get their facts straight in the first place. Maybe in the future, but Brawl's been decided: Sora is NOT in the game.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
One, Krystal doesn't have a moveset. Two, they could easily be made AT's. They already have models, animations, attacks, and hitboxes for those attacks.
Its easy to implement a staff weilding person into a game, thats like putting in a person who only uses a sword

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/1/919011_60729_back.jpg

It's hard to spot, but when I just spend the past 10 minutes searching for Kingdom Hearts box art (backside) all I got was stupid fan stuff.

If you can make it out, it says (c) Disney. Only does it mark the Final Fantasy stuff as (c) Square-Enix. Get your copy of KH for the PS1 and look for yourself: all the games are like this. Disney would never do anything with the property without Square-Enix as far as games go, but they are completely capable of marketing Sora and KH without Square's involvement. Go to a Disney Channel Store any day of the week and you'll see.

I'm sorry if I drive this thread off topic again, but there's no way in hell Sora's going to be in THIS Smash Bros. Maybe a future one, but he's not representative of much for Nintendo not even considering the fact people can't get their facts straight in the first place. Maybe in the future, but Brawl's been decided: Sora is NOT in the game.
Ok let me quote the official Kingdom Hearts Website again:

© Disney Enterprises, Inc.

Developed by SQUARE ENIX.

© Disney. Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas © Touchstone Pictures. Developed by SQUARE ENIX. Characters from FINAL FANTASY video game series: © 1990, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2005 Square Enix Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Developed by SQUARE ENIX.

Therefore, Sora is owned partially by SE and Disney. Also, you cannot state who is who in the game as positively as you just did. Not to sound rude, but you know nothing, and neither do I. We could only guess as to who would be in Brawl based on logic, some facts, and economic situations. Check out the official Sora thread to see the many reasons, factual and business wise, as to why Sora has one of the highest chances to be in Brawl.

Cless

Smash Champion
Sin and Punishment was developed by Treasure. Copyright Nintendo. Donkey Kong Country was developed by Rare. Characters copyrighted by Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Been explained, but they never answer...btw in that other place did you join the rpg?
Oh yeah, I said I'd make my own character but I got so busy with school work I guess I never got around to finishing it. I'm sorry. If it's still open, I'll see what I can do.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
And I am going to take the risk of a double post because this is getting really ridiculous. The game is finished. Complete. Done. We can sit here and argue all day about who's getting in or what, but the fact is we are not changing anything beyond this point.

People who cannot see the writing on the wall, I'm sorry for you. But you cannot discredit the simple fact that Geno was SELECTED by Sakurai to appear in his mailbag. He didn't get 5 votes total because we don't know that much. But we know that of the 290 entries, five of them were SELECTED BY SAKURAI to share with the community and all five of these in question mention Geno. The only other characters Sakurai has SELECTED to share in such quantity are inarguably just as likely. Yes, there are controversies over Krystal and Ridley and whomever else. But can we agree that they have 75-99% chance of appearing? They sound like good suggestions, they could work as characters. And what about those fighters that surrounded Geno in the SELECTIONS made by Sakurai. Dedede and Diddy Kong and Ike are all appearing in-game. Diddy Kong and Dedede were suggestions from before Melee, yes. But SO WAS GENO.

We can argue all we want about the validity of these findings or whether Geno IS accessible to Nintendo, but the fact of the matter is: SAKURAI HAS INVESTED INTEREST. We can say he does for Mega Man, Sora, Simon, Sylux, hell... even Chain Chomp. Yes. They also are amongst those letters. But if you go and look at the old poll results. Read the comments on the original SSB64 website. Actually invest time into skimming the comments left by fans on countless forums here, there, even in Japan. ASK actual people in the biz at NSiders or IGN.

Geno has a fanbase. He has the support. He has been mentioned too many times to be ignored as a selectable character. So stop being blinded by what you personally want and realize the friggin' facts. He has one of the top shots at getting in the game, easy, just based on user input. Did Sonic HAVE to be in Brawl? No. The world would've get revolving. But people went CRAZY for it and sent in masses of suggestions, campaigns, requests, and petitions to get him in the game. And now he's in the game. How is what's happening with Geno ANY different? And how are we so **** sure that Square-Enix is as anti-Nintendo as everybody wants them to be?

If you ask me, you're all just still held over from the FF7 going to Playstation snub. The Japanese developers are all dying and Square-Enix is actually HELPING Nintendo this generation. Why the hell wouldn't they fork over whatever little rights to the character they have? It's not that hard to figure out.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I said I'd make my own character but I got so busy with school work I guess I never got around to finishing it. I'm sorry. If it's still open, I'll see what I can do.
It is^^ but no 1 can use Geno

Anyways to keep it on topic...

Anyone want to hear SMRPG sound effects for Geno or a stage if they can make 1?

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
And I am going to take the risk of a double post because this is getting really ridiculous. The game is finished. Complete. Done. We can sit here and argue all day about who's getting in or what, but the fact is we are not changing anything beyond this point.

People who cannot see the writing on the wall, I'm sorry for you. But you cannot discredit the simple fact that Geno was SELECTED by Sakurai to appear in his mailbag. He didn't get 5 votes total because we don't know that much. But we know that of the 290 entries, five of them were SELECTED BY SAKURAI to share with the community and all five of these in question mention Geno. The only other characters Sakurai has SELECTED to share in such quantity are inarguably just as likely. Yes, there are controversies over Krystal and Ridley and whomever else. But can we agree that they have 75-99% chance of appearing? They sound like good suggestions, they could work as characters. And what about those fighters that surrounded Geno in the SELECTIONS made by Sakurai. Dedede and Diddy Kong and Ike are all appearing in-game. Diddy Kong and Dedede were suggestions from before Melee, yes. But SO WAS GENO.

We can argue all we want about the validity of these findings or whether Geno IS accessible to Nintendo, but the fact of the matter is: SAKURAI HAS INVESTED INTEREST. We can say he does for Mega Man, Sora, Simon, Sylux, hell... even Chain Chomp. Yes. They also are amongst those letters. But if you go and look at the old poll results. Read the comments on the original SSB64 website. Actually invest time into skimming the comments left by fans on countless forums here, there, even in Japan. ASK actual people in the biz at NSiders or IGN.

Geno has a fanbase. He has the support. He has been mentioned too many times to be ignored as a selectable character. So stop being blinded by what you personally want and realize the friggin' facts. He has one of the top shots at getting in the game, easy, just based on user input. Did Sonic HAVE to be in Brawl? No. The world would've get revolving. But people went CRAZY for it and sent in masses of suggestions, campaigns, requests, and petitions to get him in the game. And now he's in the game. How is what's happening with Geno ANY different? And how are we so **** sure that Square-Enix is as anti-Nintendo as everybody wants them to be?

If you ask me, you're all just still held over from the FF7 going to Playstation snub. The Japanese developers are all dying and Square-Enix is actually HELPING Nintendo this generation. Why the hell wouldn't they fork over whatever little rights to the character they have? It's not that hard to figure out.
The thing is, this whole think can go the same way for Sora. Sora was mentioned on Sakurai's poll, etc. He has a huge fanbase, has been requested by many people (I've seen many petitions.) The advantage he has over Geno is that he has a wider fanbase. Having Sora in Brawl would be a good economic move also, taking one of the Playstation 2's greatest selling franchises and bringing it to the Nintendo. Square Enix has shown tons of interest in bringign its games to Nintendo consoles, they are not on "bad terms" with Nintendo. They are also bringing a Kingdom hearts game to the Nintendo DS. This shows that Square has interest in bringing KH to Nintendo consoles, not to mention the rumor of Kingdom Hearts III heading to the Wii. I'm not denying Geno's chances, but there are better and, dare I say, more important Square Enix characters that could bring a completely different universe to Brawl.

Oh and to clear the Sora legal situation:

http://www.squareuniverse.net/downloads/wallpaper_winampskins/kh/sora_1280x1024.jpeg

Disney/ Square Soft (Square Enix)

Not to mention the Square Soft logo at the bottom of the image.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I remember how Fliptroopa was here when I first came here back in 2006 so, like McFox and Shadowbolt, he's been in this game as long as I have.
Welcome to my world. Out of all the guys I knew who posted here when I first joined, I'm the only one that still comes here ;_;

I nominate Flip for membership. He can refuse, if he doesn't want to get muddled up with the whole "crew wars" bull-crap.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I remember how Fliptroopa was here when I first came here back in 2006 so, like McFox and Shadowbolt, he's been in this game as long as I have.
Sweetness...btw in that report you emailed me, those forums, do they have active fanbases?

D

Deleted member

The thing is, this whole think can go the same way for Sora. Sora was mentioned on Sakurai's poll, etc. He has a huge fanbase, has been requested by many people (I've seen many petitions.) The advantage he has over Geno is that he has a wider fanbase. Having Sora in Brawl would be a good economic move also, taking one of the Playstation 2's greatest selling franchises and bringing it to the Nintendo. Square Enix has shown tons of interest in bringign its games to Nintendo consoles, they are not on "bad terms" with Nintendo. They are also bringing a Kingdom hearts game to the Nintendo DS. This shows that Square has interest in bringing KH to Nintendo consoles, not to mention the rumor of Kingdom Hearts III heading to the Wii. I'm not denying Geno's chances, but there are better and, dare I say, more important Square Enix characters that could bring a completely different universe to Brawl.

Oh and to clear the Sora legal situation:

http://www.squareuniverse.net/downloads/wallpaper_winampskins/kh/sora_1280x1024.jpeg

Disney/ Square Soft (Square Enix)

Not to mention the Square Soft logo at the bottom of the image.
Um, wider fanbase than Geno? Yeah, say what you believe.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I'm quite the old fart, yeah :p I started the Takamaru, Sukapon, Jill, and a few other character threads as well as helping out with Diddy, Mach Rider, and Mike. I used to be all like "Geno's awesome, but totally a AT" for a long time simply because I never thought it could happen. But then I was just, y'know, doing my thing one day, mowing the lawn and I went: "Holy. Crap. Geno would be AWESOME." I immediately went back inside, created a moveset, and crapped myself over how great he'd be. So yeah, I'm part of the Geno Alliance. And it makes me mad, just like it did with Takamaru and the rest, people won't just chew the fat with the suggestions and mull them over.

I've read all the Sora stuff, and I'm sorry to have been so snappy. I wanted to delete the snide part of my post right after hitting "Send." :p I don't disagree that Sora is a very excellent choice for the game, I just don't feel that he's going to be around for this one. Chain of Memories was not a significant enough game to consider Sora, imo. If it was remade for the PS2 and Square-Enix basically "erased" all memories of the GBA game, I don't see him being a super-strong choice for this go around. But at least he ain't Cloud, because saying CLoud's been on a Nintendo console (also via Chain of Memories) is just grabbing at straws. He's never been known for that game :laugh:

So yeah, where do I sign up? ;)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sweetness...btw in that report you emailed me, those forums, do they have active fanbases?
Are you asking if they still exist? I assume that most of them do. The only one that I know that is offically gone is Nsider. Keep in mind that I did this back June 2006 so there's a good chance that not all the 444 people who participated in my petition are still active forum members.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Are you asking if they still exist? I assume that most of them do. The only one that I know that is offically gone is Nsider. Keep in mind that I did this back June 2006 so there's a good chance that not all the 444 people who participated in my petition are still active forum members.
Nope just needed someone's word

And there you have it Paramore riot, despite you admitting the things said on the previous page. Geno has a a fanbase on at least 17 other forums and we all have the same idea:

Geno for PC!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nope just needed someone's word

And there you have it Paramore riot, despite you admitting the things said on the previous page. Geno has a a fanbase on at least 17 other forums and we all have the same idea:

Geno for PC!
Just a side note, I ran my petition for about a week and a half and I seriously believe if I had the time to have run it for a month, I could have easily collected more then 1,000 names.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
lol, i wasn't sure that you wanted geno in brawl :dizzy:

ehh, i just hope everyone can come to terms that the game is the game and we can't do anything about it once it's out :p i imagine that when the game is out the forums will be at peace, and peeps will be helping each other out. you know, helping out with combos and "advanced" techniques. even though i doubt the advanced techniques will be as elaborate as they were in melee.
Yeah bro I agree with you. Now....if we could only convince those Geno haters out there that he's actually worth adding to the roster.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Yeah bro I agree with you. Now....if we could only convince those Geno haters out there that he's actually worth adding to the roster.
1. Not a clone
2. Unique, original
3. Don't hate Geno because of his fans
4. Make fun of him all you want even if hes in but dont deny hes a canidate as much as everyone else.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1. Not a clone
2. Unique, original
3. Don't hate Geno because of his fans
4. Make fun of him all you want even if hes in but dont deny hes a canidate as much as everyone else.
5. Would represent one of the most underrated Nintendo games ever made.

This was one of the reasons why I started supporting Geno for Brawl back in 2005. It's the only Mario canon game from before the Gamecube Era that hasn't had a rerelease or remake despite how people have been begging and pleading for years for one.

D

Deleted member

Woah, guys. I JUST came back from my towns pizza hut to pick up the food I ordered and the guy who was serving me was an older teen named 'Geno' and he was wearing a blue and yellow hat and he had orange-ish red hair (didn'r show in the front though.

Is Sakurai trying to tell me something through the food I eat? I thought I saw the word 'Ridley' in my Alphabets this morning.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Woah, guys. I JUST came back from my towns pizza hut to pick up the food I ordered and the guy who was serving me was an older teen named 'Geno' and he was wearing a blue and yellow hat and he had orange-ish red hair (didn'r show in the front though.

Is Sakurai trying to tell me something through the food I eat? I thought I saw the word 'Ridley' in my Alphabets this morning.
It's one of Sakurai's mind games again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I think Bill Cosby's in Brawl too because this was just added on Dojo:

click

If you ask me, he definately deserved a spot.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
they kinda are but he's sayin......yeah they are actually....... but whatevs they're still reasons

but i have one to add to that: he can possibly make a comeback and make himself known to the public and bring another geno based mario rpg game.....(ahh now that was an asome game)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
they kinda are but he's sayin......yeah they are actually....... but whatevs they're still reasons

but i have one to add to that: he can possibly make a comeback and make himself known to the public and bring another geno based mario rpg game.....(ahh now that was an asome game)
With Mallow

the changed but still kind King of Nimbus land

TBone06

Smash Ace
I dunno.

Like; last weak I was picking Onions from my moms garden and thought of Olimar.
hey if u find a ship in a bottle or something, it may be a sign for K Rool, who knows Foz u might be our good luck charm here

Top Bottom