• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL FL Brawl 2011 Power Rankings (Updated 8/26/11)

Mampam

Smash Ace
I'm kinda sad MK will be gone he was the motivation for me to pick up ICs

:phone:
ever notice how EVERYONE whos anti ban always writes "I and Me?"

well, diddy vs ICs is pretty close matchup, so i aint even mad :awesome:

plus wario vs ICs on a ridiculously gay stage is also pretty close, so still aint mad :awesome:
anyway, **** that mu, and **** all ic's mains :troll::troll::troll: now that another 1/3 of the cast will be completely viable, imma start messing around with everyone and see who i want to use, its super cp'ing time

now i dont have to feel like i can only use diddy and snake, and mk was the only reason i was doing that >__>

****, im considering even dropping snake

AfroQT

Smash Master
Lol are you serious? I mean lets not start saying things that are just ******** now.

You say 1/3rd more of the cast will be viable, but all i hear is "IM PLAYING MARTH/DIDDY/FALCO/ICS/SNAKE"

These characters were already viable, will continue to be, and honestly no new characters are going to magically become viable just because MK gets banned. For most characters MK isn't even their worst matchup, its just a bad one.

Normally a character's worst matchup involves some sort of ridiculous grab release or chain grab (which all the already viable characters have plenty of except Snake..and Diddy i guess?).

Mampam

Smash Ace
Lol are you serious? I mean lets not start saying things that are just ******** now.

You say 1/3rd more of the cast will be viable, but all i hear is "IM PLAYING MARTH/DIDDY/FALCO/ICS/SNAKE"

These characters were already viable, will continue to be, and honestly no new characters are going to magically become viable just because MK gets banned. For most characters MK isn't even their worst matchup, its just a bad one.

Normally a character's worst matchup involves some sort of ridiculous grab release or chain grab (which all the already viable characters have plenty of except Snake..and Diddy i guess?).
i dont play falco or ic's >__>

lucario, olimar, peach, donkey kong, ike, zss, rob, sheik, gaw, etc all get completely shut down by mk

but yet many of them CAN beat all these "already viable" characters

we no longer for the most part have to worry about an auto loss on rc or brinstar, losing a stock for going off stage once, or getting nado spammed

and u dont even play lol, even tho u can now "beat people with snake" who we all KNOW gets super gayed by mk

oh, and i GUARANTEE YOU w/o mk we WILL see upsets such as people losing to ****ty *** chars like lucas

AfroQT

Smash Master
i dont play falco or ic's >__>

lucario, olimar, peach, donkey kong, ike, zss, rob, sheik, gaw, etc all get completely shut down by mk

we no longer for the most part have to worry about an auto loss on rc or brinstar, losing a stock for going off stage once, or getting nado spammed

and u dont even play lol, even tho u can now "beat people with snake" who we all KNOW gets super gayed by mk
Lucario, Olimar, and ZSS definitely do not get completely shut down by MK...lol where are you pulling this from.

Peach...i won't lie thats true, but the other characters (especially Shiek..Gaw, Ike, DK) already lose to all the other high/top tiers lol, and again MK not being their worst matchup (maybe RoB? DK?). They definitely won't become incredibly viable now that MK is gone. They are still gonna suck, still will hardly be used, and will most likely never win.

Shiek for real now...lol...i mean..come on.
Shiek

I don't even know how you can think that banning MK just magically means all these characters are going to become popular and used. Nah scratch that i guess people really think the games balanced EXCEPT for MK...lol

Mampam

Smash Ace
Lucario, Olimar, and ZSS definitely do not get completely shut down by MK...lol where are you pulling this from.

Peach...i won't lie thats true, but the other characters (especially Shiek..Gaw, Ike, DK) already lose to all the other high/top tiers lol, and again MK not being their worst matchup (maybe RoB? DK?). They definitely won't become incredibly viable now that MK is gone. They are still gonna suck, still will hardly be used, and will most likely never win.

Shiek for real now...lol...i mean..come on.
Shiek

I don't even know how you can think that banning MK just magically means all these characters are going to become popular and used. Nah scratch that i guess people really think the games balanced EXCEPT for MK...lol
lucario and zss definetely CANT win if the mk knows the mu

DK can take ic's, snake, wario, and marth

olimar is dumb regardless, but mk players "shouldnt" lose

shiek is not terrible, she has **** she can do, just no one uses her

lets actually see how the mg progresses before we say these characters are still gonna be bad, when mk never gave them a chance to be good

AfroQT

Smash Master
lucario and zss definetely CANT win if the mk knows the mu

DK can take ic's, snake, wario, and marth

olimar is dumb regardless, but mk players "shouldnt" lose

shiek is not terrible, she has **** she can do, just no one uses her

lets actually see how the mg progresses before we say these characters are still gonna be bad, when mk never gave them a chance to be good
Rofl...you wanting to ban a character because "mk players shouldnt lose" is ridiculous. Smash Community heading no where fast...lol.

Yeah man...shiek was really being held down by MK...thats what it was, it wasn't the other 6/4 or 7/3's she has against the rest of the cast, its ONLY MK.

Max bro... join us man get out while you still can. Not that you won't be able to later but...sooner is better then later.

Mampam

Smash Ace
Rofl...you wanting to ban a character because "mk players shouldnt lose" is ridiculous. Smash Community heading no where fast...lol.

Yeah man...shiek was really being held down by MK...thats what it was, it wasn't the other 6/4 or 7/3's she has against the rest of the cast, its ONLY MK.

Max bro... join us man get out while you still can. Not that you won't be able to later but...sooner is better then later.
mk players SHOULDNT lose, and its true, he shuts down too many characters

and i didnt say mk shut down shiek individually, but what he overall does to the cast ruins sheiks chances

and why does it matter to you? you hate this game anyway >__>

Master Raven

Smash Master
MK shouldn't be losing on paper but thanks to human fallibility no MK will ever have a 100% win rate against any character regardless of how skilled you are and your knowledge on the MU.

I'm kinda with Afro on this one as far as character viability goes. Some characters will only have a slightly better chance thanks to 1 bad MU out of the way, but they still have to contend with many others, in some cases even worse than MK (Marth vs Ness, DDD vs DK with infinites, Ganon vs anything etc)

AfroQT

Smash Master
Loggggannnnnn

mk players SHOULDNT lose, and its true, he shuts down too many characters

and i didnt say mk shut down shiek individually, but what he overall does to the cast ruins sheiks chances

and why does it matter to you? you hate this game anyway >__>
It's not the game i care about, it's the just completely absurd thinking that people have regarding MK. I mean hes good hes godlike whatever. But this is NOTHING NEW, i've never played a fighting game (or party game lOL) where a character wasn't superior to the rest. In MvC 2 there are 50 playable characters and 10 of them work. In MvC3 there are..iunno 38 chars i think? And again...about 10 of them are really good. While you may enjoy a game without MK, what really makes you think its going to be more balanced? How have you come to the conclusion that only MK can shut down characters and Falco/Snake/Diddy/IC's/D3/Wario all the rest of the high/top tiers cant? This thinking is soooooooooooooooo scrubby its ridiculous. You'll never, ever EVER see Shieks placing well in tournaments (besides the few exceptions out there, always an exception to any rule). Hell you aren't even going to see more shieks then you see now, because Shiek sucks, hell get Ed in here he'll tell you Shiek sucks but he plays her/him?? anyway cuz hes a man.

I will give you that you may see more DK players (probably not...but lol), and maybe more RoBs... but AT BEST. That's going to be it. Your going to ban a character (that people put years of time into btw...we aren't talking "oh lets ban this new DLC character he just came out we dont know if hes broken" nah we are like 4 years into brawl now) so that MAYBE more characters will be viable because man MK just shuts down every single low tier character its so unfair. Meanwhile the rest of the high/top tiers continue to stomp the rest of the cast down with or without mk.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Jeaneeeeeeeeeee

ANd people don't get me wrong i don't care if MK gets banned or not, im not playing the game regardless. I just don't understand how you can think banning MK is going to make the rest of the cast good.

Master Raven

Smash Master
What's really going to happen I think is that the game will primarily revolve around CPing now that there isn't one character who dominates the whole cast. I don't expect to see a sudden influx of low and mid tier characters, but I can see many more Snakes, Falcos, Marths, ICs, GWs, DDDs, etc. (i.e. most of the high and top tiers)

Mampam

Smash Ace
ANd people don't get me wrong i don't care if MK gets banned or not, im not playing the game regardless. I just don't understand how you can think banning MK is going to make the rest of the cast good.
dude, without mk, we arent going to see

diddy, ic's, snake, d3, falco, or marth dittos, in 80% of GF's like we do with mk, no one can deny this, even IF only a certain number of characters DO dominate this game

IT WILL NOT BE JUST ONE, no individual char will dominate to the degree mk did

amiwrong?

AfroQT

Smash Master

diddy, ic's, snake, d3, falco, or marth dittos, in 80% of GF's like we do with mk, no one can deny this, even IF only a certain number of characters DO dominate this game

amiwrong?
Rofl it depends if the people who dominate the state (Seibrik/Halberd) both decide to play the same character...

Hopefully you understand what i'm implying...

And banning a character because youa re tired of seeing him in finals still doesn't mean he should be banned.

Mampam

Smash Ace
Rofl it depends if the people who dominate the state (Seibrik/Halberd) both decide to play the same character...

Hopefully you understand what i'm implying...

And banning a character because youa re tired of seeing him in finals still doesn't mean he should be banned.
why do they use the character? uh..... cuz they had to to dominate, tell me if they both used marth of d3, that they would win every tourney? >__>

id like to see seibrik win every tourney w/ mk banned (my bros long been pro ban, so w/e, and i dont think it matters to seibrik)

NO ONE likes watching mk dittos, and NO ONE likes to see 4 mks in the top 5, and 6 in the top 7 of EVERY national

its about the community, the characters, the game, and not about "I and Me"

mk is my best mu, ic's is my worst, yet ic's will increase w/o mk, shows im not just thinking about myself, but the community

i know so many people who will start playing brawl again w/o mk, and im sure more will come back then leave

MVD

Smash Master
MK does not deserve a ban we need a character to base out skill against if you cry about him you suck

Mampam

Smash Ace
MK does not deserve a ban we need a character to base out skill against if you cry about him you suck

i guess 75% of the community sucks, including me, adhd, ally, vinnie, hrnut, my bro, etc

if you really enjoy getting gayed that much, and watching mk take over this game, then you cannot be helped :glare::glare::glare:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
actually yeah, most of the community does suck

on a side note: i look at the mk ban like a game patch

DDD's gettin a ****in buff and im excited!

Mampam

Smash Ace
actually yeah, most of the community does suck

on a side note: i look at the mk ban like a game patch

DDD's gettin a ****in buff and im excited!
at least most of the community, regardless of skill, could agree on the truth

i for one, would LOVE to see 08 fl again, but hey, at least d3's not broken lol

if ppl cant pick up one of the following chars, then JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHNNNNSSSSS

olimar
ics
falco
fox
pika
marth
snake does fine
dk w/o the infinite does fine
idk about kirby
zelda and sheik do alright
idk about yoshi
**** lol, weve seen ness work d3

and characters like lucario CAN beat d3, altho the gayness might rival mk

Mampam

Smash Ace
i like this
you dont even enter tourneys >__>

if you're that concerned about d3 (which you claim is the only reason you picked up mk, and we all know its not true), then pick up one of the like 9 characters i listed

2-DJeff

Smash Master
everyone that think ic vs ic in gf is whats gonna happen then your all bad. like me and garb was talking about. the only reason why ic will seem good because mediocre players will be exposed because they cant use mk to win. you actully have to learn the mu. I bet yall didnt know that Link beats IC if played right.
half the matches i beat people in its not the character i just out smart you and expose what you do. Hrnut tells me what to look for in mus and i learn more when playing

Exdeath

Smash Master
ever notice how EVERYONE whos anti ban always writes "I and Me?"
considering the instigation i was getting before, i assumed it was me

regardless, i made FOUR blogs on allisbrawl trying to convince people of why he should be banned lol

ive even argued with various anti ban individuals for hours lol

now that the chances of mk being banned are pretty much certain, i can finally start busting out characters that he was stopping me from using XD
:awesome:

if ppl cant pick up one of the following chars, then JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHNNNNSSSSS

fox
marth
idk about kirby
idk about yoshi

and characters like lucario CAN beat d3, altho the gayness might rival mk
None of these except maybe Fox is a good idea to pick up for DDD haha. At least you didn't put G&W.

ic's in 80% of GF's like we do with mk, no one can deny this, even IF only a certain number of characters DO dominate this game

amiwrong?
To be honest, I can see Ice Climbers dominating singles in a year or two if the game is still decently populated then. It still probably won't be as dominant as MK though, if only because ICs don't dominate in doubles, as opposed to MK dominating in singles and doubles.

Like Afro said, none of these characters' worst MUs are MK except for maybe R.O.B. DDD wrecks Lucario/DK (particularly with the small-step)/Ike/R.O.N. at least as hard as MK -- if not worse. Falco is the same for Olimar/Peach/ZSS/G&W. I'm not saying that it won't be easier than it is now, but with suppressed hard counters in the modern metagame, certain viable characters that we see now are going to do worse (G&W in particular). With that said, I am looking forward to the first couple years of ICE (Ice Climber Era), because Diddy Kongs are going to decrease and Ice Climbers are going to suck for a while, similar to 08-09 Meta Knights.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Mampam i see why you and Taylor are such good friends you 2 argue about the same.

0 logic
0 sense

No one is going to like any 2 characters always in the same finals, regardless of what 2 it is.
Seibrik dominated with D3 before MK..he definitely could again.

it seems like people jump on this MK bandwagon **** when they just want an excuse as to why they cant win :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

olimar
ics
falco
fox
pika
marth
snake does fine
idk about kirby
idk about yoshi
This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen next to Taylor thinking the whole world is against him when he starts something. Zelda and Sheik do alright? Bro do you even play this game rofl.

Seriously if you wanna think MK shoiuld be banned fine, but please stop pretending its for some righteous reason.

You want MK banned because your tired of losing to him, you think hes unfair, you dont want to see him anymore and you don't like him.

Exdeath

Smash Master
This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen next to Taylor thinking the whole world is against him when he starts something. Zelda and Sheik do alright? Bro do you even play this game rofl.
He meant vs. DDD.

Mampam

Smash Ace
Mampam i see why you and Taylor are such good friends you 2 argue about the same.

0 logic
0 sense

No one is going to like any 2 characters always in the same finals, regardless of what 2 it is.
Seibrik dominated with D3 before MK..he definitely could again.

it seems like people jump on this MK bandwagon **** when they just want an excuse as to why they cant win :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Seriously if you wanna think MK shoiuld be banned fine, but please stop pretending its for some righteous reason.

You want MK banned because your tired of losing to him, you think hes unfair, you dont want to see him anymore and you don't like him.
0 LOGIC, 0 SENSE?

wtf is wrong w/ you anti bans? 75% of this community is WAAAAAAY MORE than 1/2, and it doesnt matter if most of the people are bad, taht doesn't mean they cant see why mks broken

0 logic and 0 sense = i cant see why people want him banned, which is all anti bans ever say

seibrik is NOT going to dominate w/ d3, were way past 08 -early 09 d3 will never go back to that again

and yeah, i play this game, but you dont, seeing as why u cant tell me why mk shouldnt be banned

AfroQT

Smash Master
0 LOGIC, 0 SENSE?

wtf is wrong w/ you anti bans? 75% of this community is WAAAAAAY MORE than 1/2, and it doesnt matter if most of the people are bad, taht doesn't mean they cant see why mks broken

0 logic and 0 sense = i cant see why people want him banned, which is all anti bans ever say

seibrik is NOT going to dominate w/ d3, were way past 08 -early 09 d3 will never go back to that again
75% is obviously more then 50%...never disagreed with you on that...Just like taylor rofl wtf are you even talking about.

You either don't understand...or well i dont wanna be rude so lets go with that. I know exactly why you want him banned, and your reason is ridiculous rofl.

Please continue to play smash, because with the mentality that you have (and about 75% of the community) you'd never be able to play any other game.

and yeah, i play this game, but you dont, seeing as why u cant tell me why mk shouldnt be banned
damn man got me bro good line.

OH and when i say smash i mean brawl.

Exdeath

Smash Master
0 LOGIC, 0 SENSE?

It's not a good idea to stereotype someone based off of a single opinion.

Mampam

Smash Ace
Holy **** you are the black Taylor god damn.
yall know im never on here lol, idevenk why i am right now, i never know whats going on, and my opinions never matter to anyone anyway >__>

but im extremely serious about getting mk banned, so......

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Lol so Mampam wants a character banned for all the "wrong" reasons, big deal. That's 75% of the smash community following the same opinion. Including me :awesome:

But nah, real talk, I don't care if the character gets banned. He never bothered me to begin with.

Top Bottom