• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official FAU Community Thread (FAU Smashfests Fridays 7-11pm)

Special E.D.

Smash Cadet
im kinda stuck on what color color i should get. there is a new white one, the teal (emerald green) one, or the light blue/baby blue one from china. ahaha

__César__

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I live in Sierra Ridge complex, which is right across from the 7/11 and about 10 minutes (walking distance) of Micheal Krop. How far is FAU? Because I want to come to this too if it's not too far and possible for me. =D
Sierra Ridge, we need to play sometime. I go to Krop and my friend stays in Lakeview California Club which is like 5 minutes from where you stay. PM me if you want to play

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Yo. This is Charlie, the so-called "prez' of the College Gaming League at FAU. I'm actually all FOR changing the meeting date (or having two meets in a week), it's just that I probably won't make it to any meeting that's not on a Friday. :\ I'm gonna be pretty busy this entire semester. :\ And to make things worse, the TV situation in the Student Union isn't any better. :\

BTW, my Smash tag is W00T, though I can't say that you'll find any videos of me playing...yet. Hopefully we can remedy this situation.

Anyway, I'm glad to see this most amazing thread started up by a most amazing player, and, naturally, everyone is invited to join the FAU smash community. I can give rides to FAU (I live in Boynton, like 1 minute from the Nexus) on Fridays, but you'll have to wake up and be ready to leave at 8 in the morning. :\

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
Yeah I live in Sierra Ridge complex, which is right across from the 7/11 and about 10 minutes (walking distance) of Micheal Krop. How far is FAU? Because I want to come to this too if it's not too far and possible for me. =D
fau is in boca raton right off of glades if your taking I95 its literally off the glades ramp and like 2 lights away. Aventura isnt that far from fort laudy. Maybe me and ed can pick u up and come a friday or something. btw dwayne posted on the facebook group a video between u and him =P

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
Are you serious!? I lived in Sierra Ridge too!! LOL. I lived along the houses that were near the fence by the golf course. Every morning we'd used to walk the backyard along the community and pick up loads of golf balls. I used to go to that church on the main road on Ives Dairy and that Winn Dixie to shop. Oh the memories. I still have family nearby that I visit like once a month. Let me know when you guys set up a tourney or get together down there. :lick:

Charlie, Charlie, osnap, you found this post! Leader o Leader, find the method for us to record games and I'll pitch in.

Edit: It takes me 20 mins to get from Boca to Ives Dairy, 35 mins cruising. Depends on your style of driving. Pay me 5 bucks, I'll pick you up and get you to FAU in 18.

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
Are you serious!? I lived in Sierra Ridge too!! LOL. I lived along the houses that were near the fence by the golf course. Every morning we'd used to walk the backyard along the community and pick up loads of golf balls. I used to go to that church on the main road on Ives Dairy and that Winn Dixie to shop. Oh the memories. I still have family nearby that I visit like once a month. Let me know when you guys set up a tourney or get together down there. :lick:

Charlie, Charlie, osnap, you found this post! Leader o Leader, find the method for us to record games and I'll pitch in.

Edit: It takes me 20 mins to get from Boca to Ives Dairy, 35 mins cruising. Depends on your style of driving. Pay me 5 bucks, I'll pick you up and get you to FAU in 18.
and you werent there when we had like a ton of people today david. for shame sir for shame

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
big crowds scare me =/

i had to work...unfortunately. thursday i'll be there, in a mask with a cape. People will be stunned, especially the way I will play. Suicide the first 3 stocks and make unbelievable comebacks. They'll call me, the masked smasher!!!

The end.

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
big crowds scare me =/

i had to work...unfortunately. thursday i'll be there, in a mask with a cape. People will be stunned, especially the way I will play. Suicide the first 3 stocks and make unbelievable comebacks. They'll call me, the masked smasher!!!

The end.
i swear if u come in a cape and a mask ill have someone record you. ROFL

SynikaL

Smash Lord
i need to work on combos now. ;_;. Kye your Captain Falcon scares me more then your Marth sorry to say rofl.
That's cuz my Marth sucks more than my Falcon. Mostly, because I don't play him anymore.

Don't worry though, I'll give you a reason to be scarred of Marth on Thursday.

You guys are getting to the point where I gotta stop fvcking around with tertiary characters and just focus on getting my Marth and Falcon into shape. I'm honestly surprised at the increased level of understanding everyone's accumulated over the past few weeks. There are kids I've been playing for years that are still completely stupid when it comes to this game.

Charlie:

If you can't attend any other day than Friday, then just keep it Friday. Doesn't seem right for the individual who's taking time to organize these Smashfests to not be able to participate in them. We hardly ever see you on Tues/Thurs as is.

-Kimo

White Out

Smash Apprentice
Yo. This is Charlie, the so-called "prez' of the College Gaming League at FAU. I'm actually all FOR changing the meeting date (or having two meets in a week), it's just that I probably won't make it to any meeting that's not on a Friday. :\ I'm gonna be pretty busy this entire semester. :\ And to make things worse, the TV situation in the Student Union isn't any better. :\

BTW, my Smash tag is W00T, though I can't say that you'll find any videos of me playing...yet. Hopefully we can remedy this situation.

Anyway, I'm glad to see this most amazing thread started up by a most amazing player, and, naturally, everyone is invited to join the FAU smash community. I can give rides to FAU (I live in Boynton, like 1 minute from the Nexus) on Fridays, but you'll have to wake up and be ready to leave at 8 in the morning. :\
The reasons why i don't go to the friday club meetings is because i use the trirail and i don't know what time they end and also useing the trirail at night.... its just creepy Mind if i can get a ride back from you i live on jog and gateway like 5 mins from the nexus

Special E.D.

Smash Cadet
haha today was fun. learned alot and went home and practiced. u guys like my new sex sig? 3 hrs later and 1 photoshop crash. ahaha

White Out

Smash Apprentice
haha today was fun. learned alot and went home and practiced. u guys like my new sex sig? 3 hrs later and 1 photoshop crash. ahaha
Nice sig im going to bring my cube tomorrow at around 11:30ish That Light Blue controller = Sick does it come with the extended cord if so im so getting one

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
You guys are getting to the point where I gotta stop fvcking around with tertiary characters and just focus on getting my Marth and Falcon into shape. I'm honestly surprised at the increased level of understanding everyone's accumulated over the past few weeks. There are kids I've been playing for years that are still completely stupid when it comes to this game.

-Kimo
I think that was a compliment....I think. :)

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
The reasons why i don't go to the friday club meetings is because i use the trirail and i don't know what time they end and also useing the trirail at night.... its just creepy Mind if i can get a ride back from you i live on jog and gateway like 5 mins from the nexus
Hey, yeah, no problem.

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
you know whats fun. playing kye dwayne, cuz like i dont like getting my *** whooped but when i do it feels like i put up a fight. i hate fighting ppl like oobi and ****. cheap *** grab tho hit u off the stage. ahah

Special E.D.

Smash Cadet
you know whats fun. playing kye dwayne, cuz like i dont like getting my *** whooped but when i do it feels like i put up a fight. i hate fighting ppl like oobi and ****. cheap *** grab tho hit u off the stage. ahah
lawls this is my post ^^^ ivans name was on the comp when i posted it. wtf.

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
its all good kye. Just missed out in some funny moments. xD especially with Jason when dwayne was trying to explain to ed like more mindgames.

"Hey dwayne, your saying im easy to read dwayne? im so predictable, arnt i? predict this" *warlock kick* xD

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Wow so many Smashers at FAU. If only I had skills then I'd love to join you fine folks, but alas... :urg:

Higher Mewtwo!

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Good times everyone! I really appreciate the ride David, you're a pretty cool guy. Ed is too good man. lol "I quit man...I'm dropping Falcon..and this game...I'll pick up Shiek" haha Don't give up Ed. You'll get good in no time. I wish I could be around more to actually help you get really good quickly. All I can tell you is watch a million matchups of Darkrain, Silent Spectre, Romeo and any notably good Captain Falcon players.

Dwayne you're the one who's too predictable! >=( haha

Kye it's cool man, just catch up on the much needed sleep, so you can lift up more buses.

We all need to get together and have another smashfest soon. I had an awesome time at FAU.

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
Good times everyone! I really appreciate the ride David, you're a pretty cool guy. Ed is too good man. lol "I quit man...I'm dropping Falcon..and this game...I'll pick up Shiek" haha Don't give up Ed. You'll get good in no time. I wish I could be around more to actually help you get really good quickly. All I can tell you is watch a million matchups of Darkrain, Silent Spectre, Romeo and any notably good Captain Falcon players.

Kye it's cool man, just catch up on the much needed sleep, so you can lift up more buses.

We all need to get together and have another smashfest soon. I had an awesome time at FAU.
/cry i didnt get mentioned. =P

Special E.D.

Smash Cadet
i suck the big one. yet i still play. and yes FALCON IS HARD TO PLAYYYY. i wish bowser could be top tier haha i would so love to play him as my main. but its w/e i need to just keep practicing.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
bro. if u played me, u will noticed i got no skillz. i get wrecked by jason, kye, dwayne, and others. BUT i still play, cuz i have gotten much much better.
Iono man. I tried playing a while back at that lobby place with my Mewtwo but there was this Samus player that kept shooting missiles all over place I couldn't do ANYTHING, all that missile spam is so cheap!!!!:mad:

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
Wow so many Smashers at FAU. If only I had skills then I'd love to join you fine folks, but alas... :urg:

Higher Mewtwo!
Dude you should just come out we are having a Smashfest tonight at the Student Union. 7-11pm. The more the merrier. The only way to get better is to play. Hope to play you someday.

Lmao. I never said you were predictable...It was all just a mindgame. :) We gotta play again soon so we can have Manly Ganon Dittos >=) "Muahahahaha!!!!"

Kye: When your done lifting your buses you should edit the thread to include the Day and time of "SmashDay"
Just put:
Weekly Smashfest:
Where: FAU Student Union(Boca)
When: Every Friday 7-11pm
Why: B/c we can't get enough Smash.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Dude you should just come out we are having a Smashfest tonight at the Student Union. 7-11pm. The more the merrier. The only way to get better is to play. Hope to play you someday.
As long as I don't have to play that Samus guy again. That **** is soooo annoying! But yeah I hope my Mewtwo is legit for y'all!:)

White Out

Smash Apprentice
....... I learned the other day Wavedash to downsmash with IC's is crazy
wish i could have tested it out i will next friday i had plans to go to the fair last night

It was cold

White Out

Smash Apprentice
Those grunge brushes? Where do you gett ur renders from?

I need a render of Ice climbers and..... well I don't know how good a Gaw Sig would look
(im a master at PS)

Top Bottom