• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The "two of the same character" argument doesn't even apply... they are completely different characters.

Dark Samus is just the entity that was "Metroid Prime" from the first game in the Prime series. After Samus defeated it, it absorbed the Phazon out of Samus's suit and that is how it took on Samus's form.

The name "Dark Samus" just comes from the appearance, which looks like Samus but is clearly not the same character. In all of the games "it" appears in, you see that the attacks that Dark Samus has greatly differ from those of Samus.

It is incredibly fast, has a larger arsenal than Meta Ridley including several forms of Phazon blasts and mini missiles, as well as melee attacks.

I think Dark Samus has more potential for Brawl than Ridley (although that does not mean I do not support Ridley) but still, the chances are pretty slim in my opinion.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
dark samus is a doppelganger. Ridley is a better option, and more representative of the metroid franchise. if DS gets in, it will definitely be after ridley.

and stop trying to argue about how different samus and DS are. DS is like a phazon addicted samus. she can float (well, mewtwo floats, but that doesn't make him drastically different to play as. the majority of her attacks originate from her arm gun thingy (sound familiar). she has melee attacks? ok samus doesnt.....in metroid. she does in brawl. they are very similar (Im not denying differences, similarities between the two outweigh the differences in terms of how they'd play from where im standing).

rayecho

Smash Ace
i fully support dark samus because he/she has been appearing in the last 3 metriod games as the final boss. not only that, but dark samus can have a complete different move set than samus because they gave samus all the same moves from ssbm. and do people not realize that ridely is a big *** dragon?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Anyone saying that Dark Samus is just another Samus is an idiot, anyone saying that Dark Samus should get in Brawl before Ridley is also an idiot.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I think putting Dark Samus in is like putting Paper Mario or Young Link in Brawl which is 2 of the same charcter and 3 wasted slots in the Brawl roster.

Don't get me wrong I kinda liked some of the ideas but when it comes down to it it's just another Samus. I mean can't you just be happy with Samus/Zero suit?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I think putting Dark Samus in is like putting Paper Mario or Young Link in Brawl which is 2 of the same charcter and 3 wasted slots in the Brawl roster.

Don't get me wrong I kinda liked some of the ideas but when it comes down to it it's just another Samus. I mean can't you just be happy with Samus/Zero suit?

My bad I meant to put WW Link

Stryks

Smash Hero

FOR THE LAST TIME DARK SAMUS AINT SAMUS, HOW DA **** CAN SAMUS FIGHT HERSELF IN MORE THAN 4 SCENARIOS?!

seriously samus =/= dark samus, dark samus is metroid prime with the phazon suit as a base for a new body, SAMUS AINT METROID PRIME FOR GODS SAKE.

also WW link =/= TP link, WW link can be the new y.link

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Dark Samus is as much Samus as Venom is Spiderman. Not the same character by no-means with different but occasionaly similar abilities.

However the whole concept of the character and its personality is the stock comic/video-game character of: DOPPELGANGER. Not an exact one but at the core of the character if you strip all characterisation away then DOPPELGANGER. And thats what makes certain people strongly against Dark Samus (although some people are just ignorant).

I think Metroid is easily the fourth biggest Nintendo franchise in the west and would deserve three characters. But there is Japan to consider who aparantly dont like Metroid very much.

My stance on it is that if you can make Dark Samus have a very different moveset then I'm all for it but only if theres around 45-50 characters. I have other choices over DS.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
is there a Dark Samus crew, similar to the ones for Geno, Ridley, etc?

if not, there really should be. Dark Samus seems to have a pretty bad rap, and an offical alliance could probably be beneficial for its supporters.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Dark Samus is to Samus as Luigi is to Mario. Dark Samus should be another Metroid Representative. They really deserve another one.

Dark Samus/Sylux
Samus-Zamus
Ridley

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
is there a Dark Samus crew, similar to the ones for Geno, Ridley, etc?

if not, there really should be. Dark Samus seems to have a pretty bad rap, and an offical alliance could probably be beneficial for its supporters.
I have an idea, you be founder and I be co. founder!

The Dark Samus Association: TDSA

Nah, that's gay.

How about

Metroid Prime Crew: em pee cee (MPC

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
I have an idea, you be founder and I be co. founder!

The Dark Samus Association: TDSA
that could work...we need a better acronym, though. how about the Association In favor of Dark Samus: AIDS. :laugh:

EDIT: btw, i'm kidding about the AIDS thing. but we do need a better name...

Stryks

Smash Hero
There arent enough people to make a good crew, Im up for it, being D samus most reocurring defender, but the facts are most os the people think dark samus= samus, I like proving them wrong, but theres barely enough dark samus pros to make it worth it...

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
how about the Radioactive Association of Dark Samus - RADS.

who would be in this if we made it?

so far we have:
DarkSpidey13
Biggie Smalls

add your name to the list if you're interested.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I guess I am... defend of dark samus... like that name XD

anyway how about:
The Phazon Hunters
The corrupted
Warriors of Phaze/Phazon

These clubs make no difference. Characters will still either come or not come.

That being said, Dark Samus was the first character that came to mind when I first learned there would be a third Smash game, and I she's fourth on my most wanted list, so I support her inclusion in Brawl.

Which design would be used? Metroid Prime 2's or 3's?

Seeing how most are using theyre most recent design, MP3 ftw...

Final smash: Omega phazon barrier
Well with Metroid, they seem to be taking things backwards a notch...

And I'd like to add two things that annoy me about anti-Dark Samusers:

1. People who think she'd be a clone of Samus. Idiots...

2. People who suggest that Ridley would get in before her. While I do agree that Ridley is better, I don't see why they can't both be in Brawl. And I really want both in Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not digging themultiple dark samus,I mean its a lame power up, a giant explosion of phazon like after u beat her for the 1st time in echoes, only 10x times larger... and does sick damage...

it is dark samus after all

so what r we naming the clan... if were making one that is...

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Not digging themultiple dark samus,I mean its a lame power up, a giant explosion of phazon like after u beat her for the 1st time in echoes, only 10x times larger... and does sick damage...

it is dark samus after all

so what r we naming the clan... if were making one that is...
what if they did that back-to-back spinning mega-beam from the end of Prime 3? that would be awesome!

and let's come up with a name for the clan...Phazon Hunters is alright...

or the Dark Hunter's Corruption Crew :ohwell:

i dunno....

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
it's from Samus's move in the 2D games where she would use the speed booster, crouch, and then fly in a direction. Dark Samus uses this move in Echoes and Corruption when she jumps into the air, hovers for a second, and then charges at you.
That one sounds better than his. I am also not a huge fan of the Down B, it doesn't seem very useful... If Sonic hadn't stolen it I would have suggested a form of boost ball for down B but it's useless now.

Could easily be a phazon attack though, for example, she blasts the ground with some phazon and it remains radioactive for a few seconds, and does damage to anyone who is under her when she fires, and just a little to anyone who steps in it while it's there?

Stryks

Smash Hero
B move: Phazon spreader, the longer u charge it, more spreader shots are fired, covers a lot if fired by a distance, if hit at closed range, most of the shots will hit, thus sick damage...

SideB: Slicer beam, thus a 360 turn, using a thing beam, easy to dodge if u jump or crouch,but if hit does alot of damge (a slicer after all)

UpB: Shinespark: the one mentioend above

DownB: Phazon shield, has lag after using, reflects projectile, the move has good vertical and horizontal rnage, works similar to the shine, but not cancelable (I dont want dark smaus to be overused)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
B move: Phazon spreader, the longer u charge it, more spreader shots are fired, covers a lot if fired by a distance, if hit at closed range, most of the shots will hit, thus sick damage...

SideB: Slicer beam, thus a 360 turn, using a thing beam, easy to dodge if u jump or crouch,but if hit does alot of damge (a slicer after all)

UpB: Shinespark: the one mentioend above

DownB: Phazon shield, has lag after using, reflects projectile, the move has good vertical and horizontal rnage, works similar to the shine, but not cancelable (I dont want dark smaus to be overused)
I doubt it would be as useful as Shine if it could be canceled anyway. Dark Samus would be a slow character with fast movement, most likely, and slow attacks would make her much less usable than Fox in that manner. Either way, as long as there is no "shine" abuse possible, it's good (meaning no cancel = good XD)

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Common Arguements:DESTROYED!

Noob: She'd be a Samus Clone.
BiggieSmalls: You must of not played the games she was in. She has plenty of phazon moves to choose from, not to mention being able to take all of Samus' moves that aren't used in Brawl.

Noob: Ridley is a much better choice.
BiggieSmalls: ..So the astounding Metroid series deserves only 2 Representatives? Dark Samus can easily fill a spot, and be a fun addition with Phazon Moves.

Just because there's one antagonist doesn't mean there can't be another. Look at Kirby's representatives.

Noob: She/It hasn't starred in enough games to rake in enough importance.
BiggieSmalls: May I ask, why Krystal's in Brawl then? She's been in 3 Starfox games out of the whole series. Hell, the new protagonist, Fox, isn't even the one from the start(James)!

Besides, Prime 2 and 3 (Starring Metroid Prime/Dark Samus) raked in much respect and money for the franchise, let's not forgot who's the main antagonist.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

Noob: She'd be a Samus Clone.
BiggieSmalls: You must of not played the games she was in. Dark Samus is to Samus, as Luigi is Mario. Hell, she has plenty of phazon moves to choose from.

Dark Samus wouldn't even be a "Luigi-fied" version of Samus. she has more than enough of her own moves to have a completely unique moveset. don't even give the haters enough room to assume she'd be a semi-clone.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Seriously the ONLY similarity between dark samus and samus is the name and physical look... thats IT...
well, and Dark Samus has ALL of Samus's moves. what makes DS unique for Brawl, though, is that Samus doesn't actually USE all of her moves. DS gets the leftovers and the phazon enhancments.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not ALL of the moves,and the moves he DOES have are way to diferent, Imean the kamehameha like phazon beam,spreader, slicer, the phazon ice beam, which is sick as hell, the shine spark...

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Not ALL of the moves,and the moves he DOES have are way to diferent, Imean the kamehameha like phazon beam,spreader, slicer, the phazon ice beam, which is sick as hell, the shine spark...
i mean every move that Samus has, Dark Samus also has. i'm not suggesting that Samus has all of Dark Samus's moves, if that's what you're thinking, but Dark Samus is capable of copying each and every one of Samus's moves, with the exception of her special beams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom