• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

In this case it definitely seems like a clone wouldn't suffice.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
A clone wouldn't suffice in Ganondorf's case, either. That didn't stop Sakurai from deciding that clone Ganondorf was better than no Ganondorf.

D

Deleted member

But Ganondorf wasn't a clone of someone he looks identical too. Dark Samus needs a different moveset to stand out from Samus, and being a clone of someone else apart from Samus wouldn't make sense.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Whether or not a character *needs* to stand out (if that character gets into the game in the first place) will be something Sakurai will have to judge.

D

Deleted member

Indeed. Dark Samus has the possibility of being the worst clone ever.

D

Deleted member

One of these threads is different from the others, one of these threads are off(-topic)!

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
Dark Samus should be a part-clone, but not a full-clone. Like a Luigified clone.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
As a clone they could add effects to it's moves like they do to Ganon. They gave him that purple stuff.

D

Deleted member

I'm not quite sure on any kind of cloning except the A moves. Samus may just have too human animation for a full-on hovering alien body-snatcher-like monster.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I'm not quite sure on any kind of cloning except the A moves. Samus may just have too human animation for a full-on hovering alien body-snatcher-like monster.
Since when has Dark Samus been animated or shaped differently from a human being beyond the hover thing? O_o Even in her most warped form, she still had human anatomy and human style movement besides the hovering.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Captain Obvious sez: Zamus is one character with two movesets. Dark Samus is only a Samus in the barest technical sense.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The funny thing is, most people object because of the name. Now if DS was Bob instead people wouldn't say "we don't have room for 3 samus'" because Bob wouldn't be Samus. It's just a coindence that DS never got a real name. DS doesn't talk so it can't give it's name anyway, which is the root to our problem.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Isn't DS the Metroid Prime? Maybe she could be called that?
Eh...I think that's a bit confusing to the uninitiated. Plus, it's "Dark Samus" in the games...unless Samus starts recording otherwise in her Corruption log book.

You wouldn't want Galaxy's Bowser to be called "King Koopa", would you?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Yeah, one of the reasons I'm waiting for Brawl so anxiously is for the possibility of seeing DS in there..... Maybe the Cluster Phazon Beam for her >B move (Can be charged for a concentrated beam)? Meteor Attack for ^B? Phazon Barrier for VB? And a Phazon Missile for B? That would be awesome.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok guys dark samus can now finally be rated in ferro de lupes thread, so go now and give him/her/it high scores, u know what the n00bs without imagination are gonna do:

Shed just be a samus clone 10%
ridley deserves the shot more 5%
let her be a color swap 2%
no 3 samus in brawl 0%

The Bino

Smash Lord
Now im all for Dark Samus, why is it that noone has seem to mention SA-X, doesn't that seem logical as well... i mean lets have another clone of Samus in Brawl as well... Dark Samus and SA-X lets make as many clones as Samus as possible

But seriously, if Dark Samus was to get in, i would like better to just be a different costume, and if possible, have the same moves except make the animation and coloring of the moves be different

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Hey, the SA-X could be awesome. Imagine a Samus, only with a super-buff suit that pulsates, a clear, sickly white complexion, and the ability to turn liquidy and float around.

But seriously, SA-X is nothing compared to Dark Samus, since the SA-X is in fact a copy of Samus. Dark Samus is Metroid Prime in a Phazon Suit.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I was being sarcastic..... i would like to think that if it wasn't for the SA-X maybe Dark Samus never would've been born, think bout it, everything happens for a reason
Ah yes, a butterly flaps it's wings and all that. Mel Gibson. Aliens hate water. I gotcha.

But since the Fusion team and the Prime team are not only of different studios, but also different nationalities, I don't think there's a significant link there. Besides, the "evil clone" concept is such a staple of storytelling, that thinking that any one game was responsible for it's usage in another game further along in time is a bit Farfetch'd.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Hey, the SA-X could be awesome. Imagine a Samus, only with a super-buff suit that pulsates, a clear, sickly white complexion, and the ability to turn liquidy and float around.

But seriously, SA-X is nothing compared to Dark Samus, since the SA-X is in fact a copy of Samus. Dark Samus is Metroid Prime in a Phazon Suit.
Wrong! Dark Samus is a copy of Samus and Metriod Prime. It has her memories and features but has a extreme hatred for samus and a super hunger for phazon. mmm gotta love that phazon.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Remember kids, Phazon is good for you.

I don't think it has Samus' memories though. From what I understood it snatched the Phazon suit from Samus and then kind of fused with it.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
No metroids are neutral. But samus did have a baby and i thought she was its mommy...i cried when it died.
So....that means she's not a virgin or something? o_O Weird thought...

I think theres already two "samus characters". As in Zero suite and regular samus.

Wouldn't adding more be too much?

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Appearance
Dark Samus' appearance, weaponry and armor are all very similar to those of Samus herself. A log entry in Echoes reveals that Dark Samus possesses a variation of Samus' Varia Suit, which has been mutated by Phazon. Both Samus and Dark Samus have similar statures and builds, and certain scans confirm that Dark Samus contains Samus' genetic material. Unlockable image galleries within the game shown that Dark Samus' skeleton is shaped to fit the Phazon suit, with a wide rib cage and, most tellingly, her right arm within the suit has no hand, just a tube-shape skeletal structure to support her arm cannon.

i got this from WIKI! ^_^

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
So....that means she's not a virgin or something? o_O Weird thought...

I think theres already two "samus characters". As in Zero suite and regular samus.

Wouldn't adding more be too much?
ill explain this to then.

With their destruction, only one Metroid remains- the massive and deadly Metroid Queen. Samus fights a fierce final battle before finally defeating the slithering monster, and as it crumbles to dust the final volcanic eruption sputters out. As she returns to her gunship she happens upon a Metroid egg. The egg hatches and before her eyes a tiny little Metroid hatchling floats out of the broken shell and begins to chirp at her. The Metroid has now imprinted onto Samus as its mother, and the bounty hunter, in a brief period of humanity in this genocidal mission to eradicate a species, spares its life. The two continue exiting the tunnels, and the Metroid hatchling helps Samus escape the caverns. Samus and the young Metroid board the gunship and this ends the game, setting up the sequel.

Back aboard her gunship, Samus places the Metroid in a container so that it can't cause any harm to the ship. Noting the immense scientific opportunity that the captured hatchling poses, she departs the planet and heads to Ceres Space Station to deliver her groundbreaking find - a domesticated, infant Metroid

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
and last the sad part of the story.
After the Metroid departs, Samus recovers her energy and confronts Mother Brain. After Samus shatters the creature's stasis tank and inflicts enough damage, Mother Brain attaches itself to a giant mechanical body and the battle begins again. During the battle, Mother Brain uses a massive burst of energy from its eye, nearly destroying Samus. Samus finds herself unable to move while Mother Brain charges up to finish her off. Before the final blow can be inflicted, however, the Super Metroid suddenly attacks Mother Brain, draining its energy until it appears dead. The Metroid then attaches itself to Samus and begins feeding its energy to her. However, Mother Brain soon recovers and begins firing upon the hatchling, weakening it until it lifts off of Samus. A final shot destroys the hatchling, leaving its remains to fall upon Samus.

Pulsating with light, Samus now finds that she possesses the Hyper Beam, an incredibly powerful weapon that has replaced her other beams. With it, she easily destroys Mother Brain, who falls to the floor and turns to dust. This in turn triggers a self-destruct sequence, giving Samus a mere three minutes to escape through the emergency evacuation shaft of the original base. Along the way, Samus rescues several Etecoons and a Dachora, then she makes it to her gunship just in time and takes off, watching the planet explode in a flash of light.

Stryks

Smash Hero
IDK why guys always go "ridley goes 1st, so no dark samus"
I mean its true, ridley deserves the shot more, but who says there can only be room for one more metroid character? sakurai wants to better represent the metroid series, and I doubt 3 characters (one being a transformation) will do it

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't know why either. DS isn't that bad compared to many, many, many character suggestions. I think with a little work DS' appearance could be refreshing. The only way I wouldn't support DS, is if she was an EXACT clone of Samus *points to SA-X*.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, I'm more with DS because I'm more familiar with her/it. The only time I've fighted w/ridley was in MP1 so.... If it was my decition it would be DS. Maybe I need to play more Metroid games. -.- MP1 and MP2 were kickass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom