• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

T-major

Smash Champion
Maybe he can retract the cannon arm like Cyborg or Megaman
I'm pretty sure he can't retract it, only can remove it. even so, it would be more conventional to put his sword away instead, or grab items/opponents using his psychic powers... or maybe the other way around; when he grabs an item, he holds it with his hand, and makes his sword float beside him.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Well. His cannon could work something like Mario's FLUDD. It magically appears when he uses his B attack, and stays on for a few seconds afterwards. And it could just automatically disappear when he grabbed someone/picked up an item/did something that required a free hand.

Personally... I'd prefer the psychic effect. Holding stuff with your mind is just awesome.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure he can't retract it, only can remove it. even so, it would be more conventional to put his sword away instead, or grab items/opponents using his psychic powers... or maybe the other way around; when he grabs an item, he holds it with his hand, and makes his sword float beside him.
But think about it, the retraction animation would looks awesome!

It could come out only before he fires

T-major

Smash Champion
Well. His cannon could work something like Mario's FLUDD. It magically appears when he uses his B attack, and stays on for a few seconds afterwards. And it could just automatically disappear when he grabbed someone/picked up an item/did something that required a free hand.

Personally... I'd prefer the psychic effect. Holding stuff with your mind is just awesome.
it could work like that, but the main problem is that the arm cannon is a major part if Claus' design. FLUDD is different in that it makes sense that Mario doesn't have it on at all times, but it's the exact opposite for Claus. and still, if there going to do the "Magically disappear/reappear" concept, it would make more sense to apply it to the sword instead of the cannon.

but grabbing stuff with his mind is too bad @$$...

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
it could work like that, but the main problem is that the arm cannon is a major part if Claus' design. FLUDD is different in that it makes sense that Mario doesn't have it on at all times, but it's the exact opposite for Claus. and still, if there going to do the "Magically disappear/reappear" concept, it would make more sense to apply it to the sword instead of the cannon.

No, that wouldn't make sense, because certain items use combos using the A attacks AND the item...

Unless Claus uses his cannon arm as his primary A attack, that wouldn't make much sense.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice

Well yeah. It'd also cause some potentially awesome cannon-specific A button attacks like short range blasts to perhaps be excluded from his moveset. Just tossing out a way it might work. :p

Really, Mewtwo style is the only way to go. In the end it wouldn't be good to have him putting away either weapon.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
yeah, or it could be chargeable, but work differently.

instead of a ball it could be a beam, like Fox's laser, that could travel through people instead of stopping when it hits someone. charging it could make the beam longer, and cause more damage.
Kind of like alot smaller version of Samus FS.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I think the PK starstorm is a bit too forced since its Lucas final smash.
But maybe it could shoot only one star down.
Anyway I hope he replaces Ness. I didn't like him that much.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
yeah, or it could be chargeable, but work differently.

instead of a ball it could be a beam, like Fox's laser, that could travel through people instead of stopping when it hits someone. charging it could make the beam longer, and cause more damage.
Claus: IMMA CHARGIN MA BEAMZORZ!!
tee hee.

T-major

Smash Champion
Kind of like alot smaller version of Samus FS.
basically, yeah. it's range would probably be limited too, though. maybe you could change the angle of fire, too?

actually, he was going to change it, but for some reason he hasnt done it
he wanted to make a picture that shows the move, that way it fits in with everything else... but I'm sure you can see where the problem of making a Lightning Blade sprite comes from...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Also, I made a moveset like 2 pages back (and people liked it :), which is werid, because my moveset are kinda broken sometimes :()...shouldnt it be in the front page?, just saying, I really dont now if there is a rule for it or something :)

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Claus is awesome. I want him in Brawl just so he can fight Lucas.

And even though the game has been spoiled I'd still play it if it came to the USA

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I need some advice on the secret MOTHER project I'm doing. I need people to list what they think are the most memorable and best moments in the entire MOTHER series. (If it's from MOTHER, please provide a save state if you can, as long it's somewhat REMOTELY close. It'll help it get done faster.) Also, I can add people's fanart to it if they want. Just post and let me know.

I'll reveal what "it" is on December 3rd. Now guys have 2 things to look forward to :laugh:

EDIT: This thread has OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND views!

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I need some advice on the secret MOTHER project I'm doing. I need people to list what they think are the most memorable and best moments in the entire MOTHER series. (If it's from MOTHER, please provide a save state if you can, as long it's somewhat REMOTELY close. It'll help it get done faster.) Also, I can add people's fanart to it if they want. Just post and let me know.

I'll reveal what "it" is on December 3rd. Now guys have 2 things to look forward to :laugh:

Giygas' speech

The MOTHER 1 robot's sacrifice,

Probably something with Giegue...I haven't played the game in the while but that was very interesting

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Ouen: Sorry but I definently think it is Lucas' revelation of Claus at the end of Mother 3. That music is awesome. And so touching (Oh, I told myself I wasn't gonna cry, turn off the camera....... I said turn off the camera DAMMIT!!!)

Noshiee

Smash Ace
When Flint is told that his wife is dead, and goes berserk with the fire stick, with the boys (Lucas and Claus, who are still children) watching until a woman goes a covers their eyes after Flint punched her and some other guys. That was a shocking and sad moment.

Also when the baby drago starts roaring at flint and alec after you beat Mecha-Drago, it's mother/father, that was sad too.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Ouen: Sorry but I definently think it is Lucas' revelation of Claus at the end of Mother 3. That music is awesome. And so touching (Oh, I told myself I wasn't gonna cry, turn off the camera....... I said turn off the camera DAMMIT!!!)
It's okay, man. We all cried at the end :(

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
When Flint is told that his wife is dead, and goes berserk with the fire stick, with the boys (Lucas and Claus, who are still children) watching until a woman goes a covers their eyes after Flint punched her and some other guys. That was a shocking and sad moment.
Are you serious? I thought that scene was pretty funny. Especially when Flint got knocked out.

T-major

Smash Champion
I'd like to finish MOTHER3 before I come to a decision... but seeing as that might take to long...

Also when the baby drago starts roaring at flint and alec after you beat Mecha-Drago, it's mother/father, that was sad too.
these ones.

also, the part when Duster leaves DCMC and the band plays that song ("farewell amigo", I think it's called)... that was emotional... God this game is amazing...

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
i hope they put him in he is freakin cool he deserves to be in its sad how he died though

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord

Magicant... all of it.

Especially the Snowman that said: "We had fun one snowy day. I melted, but I'll live in your memories forever"(NOT EXACT QUOTE)

Paula getting everyone to pray... "Even YOU Behind the TV, PRAY" (NOT EXACT QUOTE)

In Mother 3 the most memorable part was the end of the final Lucas vs. Claus fight. Hinawa's ghost trying to un-brainwash Claus the whole "Claus doesn't know what to do" "Lucas can't stop crying" at the end, and Claus' lethal Thunder attack at Lucas.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
After Reading the first Thread I have to say that he is defintly making into Brawl, I mean it explains why Lucas replaced Ness, New Pork City were they fight has already been annouced, and the Mother Badge he uses. I mean Claus has to be the first and only reason Lucas replaced Ness, but do you guys think he will play with his helment on, or will you be able to see his face?

Top Bottom