• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
I need some advice on the secret MOTHER project I'm doing. I need people to list what they think are the most memorable and best moments in the entire MOTHER series. (If it's from MOTHER, please provide a save state if you can, as long it's somewhat REMOTELY close. It'll help it get done faster.) Also, I can add people's fanart to it if they want. Just post and let me know.

I'll reveal what "it" is on December 3rd. Now guys have 2 things to look forward to :laugh:

EDIT: This thread has OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND views!
Frogive me for being living in a box, but were did the whole its over 9000 thing start anyway, Dragon Ball Z or something?

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
After Reading the first Thread I have to say that he is defintly making into Brawl, I mean it explains why Lucas replaced Ness, New Pork City were they fight has already been annouced, and the Mother Badge he uses. I mean Claus has to be the first and only reason Lucas replaced Ness, but do you guys think he will play with his helment on, or will you be able to see his face?
Well, of course He'd have his helmet on, I think they will try to avoid spoilers with him...though I'd rather have his name Claus than Masked Man...

...Also, he doesn't take his helmet off until like when he dies or something...

T-major

Smash Champion
DarkVision, I don't think your qualified to have the Submarine Pig Mask rank in your sig... I could be wrong though. I don't think the Club Post has been updated in a while...

CLAWS FOR BRAWL!!! god, these puns are SOOO bad...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sure you'd be happy if I posted the Pm's from you too...

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I'm sure you'd be happy if I posted the Pm's from you too...
I did post them >.>

And didn't DarkVision/You/WATEVAR say you were banned or something?

EDIT: Moar apologiez if I am wrong. Just wanted to make sure no n00b was just claiming to be you or something... (I've had similar experiences with n00bs on multiple forums before where they actually WERE lying.)

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Guys please! Your constant bickering is tearing us apart! But no I think PI/DV/Potatoe has proven himself. So why don't we all make up over a cup fat free sodium free Mackerchinoe's. Mmmmm Mackerific.

vesperview

Smash Hero
1) I think you should take out the sprite of Claus taking off his helmet. It seems unnesscesary to me, and you could probably put a much better image in somewhere that needs it instead. You could also take out the Claus walking sprite right before it. Or at least move it somewhere else
I like the prites where they are.

2) Btw, fanart is already plural, and you put Fanarts; just a little thing I noticed
Fixed.

3) You could probably also take the support bar out and say it's in my MMPMA post, giving you more room for images.
The banner is the most emblematic thing of the club, since it represents it, so I'll leave it.

4) For Claus' PK LOVE suggestion, you say "Unless it is revealed to be Lucas's Final Smash, this attack it's still up for grabs." You should change that little, since Lucas' Final Smash has been confirmed.
Fixed

5) Add captions to the pictures. Example: for Flint swinging the firewood, you could put "Flint goes berserk after hearing about Hinawa, and starts attacking the nearby with a piece of firewood."
Fixed.

6) Lucas and co are playing with Drago, not training.
Fixed

7) For #4 in your Why Claus Should Be in Brawl reasons, you could add that the MOTHER series is the only series that hasn't gotten an increased number of reps with the exceptions of series that have no other characters (Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, etc)
That's already there.

2nd submission. Can I be a pig mask? :)
Awesome! Yes, you can be a Pig Mask.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I like the prites where they are.

Fixed.

The banner is the most emblematic thing of the club, since it represents it, so I'll leave it.

Fixed

Fixed.

Fixed

That's already there.

Awesome! Yes, you can be a Pig Mask.
>_> The first post is the EXACT same, and I'm just saying, why TWO sprites right above and below each other? Why not just the Masked Man Helmet sprite? (that sprite looks TERRIBLE, btw.)

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Well they aren't really major changes and I would be very grateful if you cleaned up the sprite.
I don't see ANYTHING different after reading everything you said you fixed.
And after looking at it several times, I think it's actually unfixable, now. :( (Someone needs to learn how to handle images. Err, not you, the one who made it)

Claus recolor I did. Which will likely be VERY similar to his costume in Brawl, I got the colors exactly right.

Anyone catch the subtle theme?

vesperview

Smash Hero
I don't see ANYTHING different after reading everything you said you fixed.
And after looking at it several times, I think it's actually unfixable, now. :( (Someone needs to learn how to handle images. Err, not you, the one who made it)
I could've been sure I had pushed the save button earlier tonight, but it wasn't saved, you were right, anyway all fixed now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it true that Mother 3 is getting a DS remake? I saw this somewhere else on some other site.
If that was true, and especially if it's coming over seas, that's one of the best news ever.

Haven't heard that though, but haven't looked either

Chepe

Smash Lord
The recolor of Lucas as "Claus" seem very likely, but if Claus is in as playable, then I think Lucas' hair would remain blonde while his outfit changes. Call it a hunch...

Ah, funny thing, that Claus is a hopeful for me even if I havent played the Mother series (I have read up the stories though). I dunno, the idea of Lucas and Claus both in Brawl seems touching somehow, they would be the perfect representation of the the tragic, sad, and serious nature of the Mother series...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The recolor of Lucas as "Claus" seem very likely, but if Claus is in as playable, then I think Lucas' hair would remain blonde while his outfit changes. Call it a hunch...

Ah, funny thing, that Claus is a hopeful for me even if I havent played the Mother series (I have read up the stories though). I dunno, the idea of Lucas and Claus both in Brawl seems touching somehow, they would be the perfect representation of the the tragic, sad, and serious nature of the Mother series...
It wouldn't be that hard to change the hair color for a Claus alt...I have a feeling we're getting one regardless of Masked Man's appearance in Brawl

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*cracks knuckles*
Is it a japan only DS game?
Japan only Gameboy Advanced Game...

I'm assuming they see how well Lucas does in Smash then maybe importing it...

But how many people would buy a GBA game? Would they have to make a DS version for international release?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mother 1+2+3 for the DS, FTW! I just hope the Mother series pull a Fire Emblem type of thing after Brawl.
I'd want to see Mother 1 in 32 bit or whatever graphics if they add it to a DS version

Ouendanation

Smash Ace

1) But Peach's (and other characters) hair color were changed in their alternate costumes, so why would Lucas be an exception?

2) The MOTHER series really isn't that serious until MOTHER3.

And I own MOTHER1+2 :p

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Question, why would Claus return in his robot form? Last time I checked, he apologized at the end of the game for all the chaos he had caused. Would it be necessary to bring the suit? Its been bringing Claus alot of grief after all..
If he if he can't bear to wear his Robo Cop/ Mega Man suit he can just live with it.

I kid I kid. But I do like the fact of him in his robot suit other then just being a human.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Who cares about continunity? It's a game where cross overs are made. Hell if we're on the topic then...

How come Ike is in his younger form? Same with Snake. Why isn't Mario younger then he should be? Why is Sonic skinny and not fat like in his first sprite?

The answer to all that...WHO CARES!

Robo Claus for Brawl!

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
A guy with sword, gun for an arm, and psy power,that is cool combination! I hope he is in Brawl

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Since today's update was event mode, I was wondering if anyone has any epic ideas for a Claus event?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Lucas vs Claus
Claus+Lucas vs bunch of other characters
Claus with one stock vs Lucas (in Claus alt) with lots of stocks
mmm....I dont know

also:

either Lucas as Claus alt, or Claus as Lucas alt...maybe

Top Bottom