• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
DO WANT!!!

they could all appear at once, and use some epic-@$$ PSI attack that combines all there power! :D
YES! Their attack should be scaring everyone on the stage because of they're too fashionable.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We don't know yet and it's DCMC. I hope the King P. Theme and Bon Voyage Amigo get in. The last would be great for Claus' role in the storyline.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not to mention that Claus already talks way more than Lucas in MOTHER 3.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yoshi-Koshi and Afro Duster must be in the background.

T-major

Smash Champion
Yoshi-Koshi and Afro Duster must be in the background.
Afro Duster would be the best Alt costume that anyone could ever have, ever!... if only Duster was playable... D:

but yeah, Club Titibo would be a sweet stage; with Scary Womanizing Pig Mask sometimes attacking people for disrupting DCMC's performance. :D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Afro Duster would be the best Alt costume that anyone could ever have, ever!... if only Duster was playable... D:

but yeah, Club Titibo would be a sweet stage; with Scary Womanizing Pig Mask sometimes attacking people for disrupting DCMC's performance. :D
Why did Lucas have to mug Duster? More importantly, why can't the guy toughen up and learn some original PSI?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
thats why he said he wishes they were in...cuz he knows theyre not...

T-major

Smash Champion
Why did Lucas have to mug Duster? More importantly, why can't the guy toughen up and learn some original PSI?
I think one of the reason might be that most of Lucas' PSI is support and Healing PSI. to my knowledge, the only attack PSI he has is PK Flash, and PK LOVE... and really, Duster could technically be in Brawl without Rope Snake, but it really wouldn't make sense if he didn't have it... D:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It'd be weird if he had a brain fart and put Jeff in with PSI.

I think one of the reason might be that most of Lucas' PSI is support and Healing PSI. to my knowledge, the only attack PSI he has is PK Flash, and PK LOVE... and really, Duster could technically be in Brawl without Rope Snake, but it really wouldn't make sense if he didn't have it... D:
I know about Lucas' actual PSI but couldn't they have at least make use items from the game? Come to think of it, isn't there some pigeon he could use as recovery?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know, I say we sing the Eight Melodies or Bon Voyage Amigo as a funeral theme for Duster and Kumatora who were robbed and killed by Lucas.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
PENCIL ERASER FOR BRAWL!

I guess your right but that doesn't stop Snake from using grenades, Peach using turnips, and Link using bombs.

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
Can i join the m.m.p.m.a. and by awesome thing what do you mean and lets say i get clay guy then do i need to have the one thing and clay guy or just one

T-major

Smash Champion
PENCIL ERASER FOR BRAWL!

I guess your right but that doesn't stop Snake from using grenades, Peach using turnips, and Link using bombs.
it doesn't, no; but those things are what those characters are know for. Lucas is more known as being a PSI user, so it would only make sense to portray him as such.

and Dr. Saturn, to join, all you have to do is put the Club user bar in your sig (located in the first post). and to become a Clay Guy rank, you have to "do something cool"... I'll have other people explain that, because I don't have time to right now...

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Stuff to improve in the first post

1) I think you should take out the sprite of Claus taking off his helmet. It seems unnesscesary to me, and you could probably put a much better image in somewhere that needs it instead. You could also take out the Claus walking sprite right before it. Or at least move it somewhere else
2) Btw, fanart is already plural, and you put Fanarts; just a little thing I noticed
3) You could probably also take the support bar out and say it's in my MMPMA post, giving you more room for images.
4) For Claus' PK LOVE suggestion, you say "Unless it is revealed to be Lucas's Final Smash, this attack it's still up for grabs." You should change that little, since Lucas' Final Smash has been confirmed.
5) Add captions to the pictures. Example: for Flint swinging the firewood, you could put "Flint goes berserk after hearing about Hinawa, and starts attacking the nearby with a piece of firewood."
6) Lucas and co are playing with Drago, not training.
7) For #4 in your Why Claus Should Be in Brawl reasons, you could add that the MOTHER series is the only series that hasn't gotten an increased number of reps with the exceptions of series that have no other characters (Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, etc)

Sorry I haven't posted/updated in a while. Been too busy with Smash and Galaxy :p

Oh, and I have a secret MOTHER project I'm planning to work on soon ;)

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Ouen: You said only Game and watch and Ice Climbers don't have more then rep. Metroid dosen't have more then one rep (technically).

Noshiee

Smash Ace
OK, I made a moveset:

A: Diagonal slash with his blade
AA: A second diagonal slash with his blade but inversed, like forming an "X".
(The standards attack are continuos, like Marth's standard attacks)

Side Tilt: Fast horizontal slash with his blade.
Up Tilt: Up thrust with his blade.
Down Tilt: A low kick, similiar to Zelda's down tilt.

Dash Attack: Powerful punch with his cannon arm.

Side Smash: Powerful vertical slash with his blade, but covered in lightning, increasing the range.
Up Smash: Powerful up punch with his cannon arm, the cannon glowing blue.
Down Smash: Shoots a beam wiith his cannon down.
Ideas: 1.- Similar to Zamus Down Smash
2.- Jumps a little bit and shoots directly below him, hitting foes in both sides.

Nair: Spins twice, slashing with his blade.
Fair: Front thrust with his blade.
Uair: Headbuttsup, similar to Ness up tilt, but in the air.
Bair: Kicks with both feet down, can be a meteor smash.

Grab: Same range as Mewtwo, grabs mentally.
Grab Attack...?: Stabs foes with his blade.
Side Throw: Points his cannon in the foe's stommach (or face for those who lack a humanoid body or a just to small) and fires a beam, sending them away.
Back Throw: Simply throws them mentally.
Up Throw: Puts the enemy above him and slices him/her/it multiple times, ending with a powerful arc slash.
Down Throw: Rises the enemy mentally up, and strongly pulls them down into the ground in a very brutal way.

Standard Special: Energy Beam: Shoots several energy beams (similar to the super scope, but you just have to keep the button pressed, also the beams are not shoot that faster, with a little bit more lag between beams), it cannot be charged for a bigger beam. It shoots like 6 beams before the cannon gets jammed, living you open for an attack, so try not to use it as if it where a super scope.

Side Special: PK Love: Chargable attack. Casts a hexagon similar to those in Lucas attacks, but more fansier with blue lightning in it, it hits 5 times. Imagine a Zelda front smash, but separate from her. The more charged, the bigger it is and more powerful. When fully charged, the size of the attack is more or less twice Claus size (which is similar to Lucas).

Down Special: Shield Killer: The effect is similar to Mewtwo's Down Special (Disable, was it?). It does no damage, no knockback, nothing, but, it reduces 3/4 of a foe when he/she/it is using his sheild, oviously, if his sheild is already below 3/4s, then it brakes his shield and does some of damage, and the foe goes high (what happens to you when your shield brakes). If the foe is not blocking (using his shield), it stuns the foe a little bit. Has a little bit of lag at the beggining.

Up Special: Lightning Blade: Rises his blade up (pointing up), and spreads his metal bat wings and flies up, with lightning coming out of his blade, forming a spiral of electricity around him. Also, some electricity extends his blade a little bit, increasing the range upwards.
Ideas: He flies up similar to Diddy's Up Special, flying to where you are pointing. Or, similar to Metaknight's Drill Ruch, but upwards, letting you control the direcion. Or a combination of both, but that would be a little broken.

Final Smash: Lightning Attack (thats the original name): Points his blade down and a huge lightning will strike in front of him. IMagine Pikashu's Down Special, but bigger, more powerful and badder. It could cover horizontally 2/3 of battlefield, and 1/2 of battlefield vertically, plus a lightning (like 3 times thicker than the one casted by Pikashu's and with no limit up) hitting exactly in the middle of the explosion. Claus cannot move during the attack, but he is invinsible, and he is standing 1/3 inside the lighting explosion, with 2/3 of the explosion in front of him, and 1/3 behind him. It lasts like 5 seconds?.

Entrance: Comes flying with his metal black wings and lands.

Taunts: 1. Swings his blade twice (looking at the screen, so it doesnt do any damage), while the eye behind the glass thingy glows red.
2. Jumps and slices wih his blade as he falls down (again, looking at the screen).
3. Takes his helmet off, showing his real face, and then he puts his helmet back on.

Other Stuff: He is able to glide, but doesnt have multiple jumps. Grabs stuff mentally, like Mewtwo, including items and foes..

Hope you like it. ^^

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's more than likely Ridley will be playable. He was probably referring to any series that doesn't have other characters for moveset potential. Although, Palutena could have had a made up moveset.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Ouen: You said only Game and watch and Ice Climbers don't have more then rep. Metroid dosen't have more then one rep (technically).
Ouendanation said:
7) For #4 in your Why Claus Should Be in Brawl reasons, you could add that the MOTHER series is the only series that hasn't gotten an increased number of reps with the exceptions of series that have no other characters (Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, etc)
And Noishee: Clay Guy rank earned :)

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Ouen: Well I don't think that etc. should include Metroid. You said those series don't have abyone else. Now that is true for GW and IC Metroid has many more characters. Ridley, Dark Samus, etc.

T-major

Smash Champion
hey Nosh, sweet move set! :D don't like the Shield Killer move that much, but it makes sense to be there (since it's one of his main attacks), so I won't complain. maybe it could stun people if it hits when there not shielding? that would make it better if you ask me. everything else is rockin' though.

T-major

Smash Champion
fixed ;) lol
awesome sauce!

also, since Claus' hands would always be full (sword in one hand, arm cannon on the other) how would he hold items? should his sword just magically get put away? or, heres what I think would be awesome, maybe he could carry it via psychic power like Mewtwo! I think that would be totally bad @$$!

also, should Claus have a sheath for his sword included in his Brawl design? it doesn't show it in MOTHER3, yet he obviously must have one, judging by the way he draws his sword...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
maybe is mentally made with his psychic powers (is alightning sword right?), it maybe the balde is like a beam sword, like those in star wars, mm I dont know, but picking up items mentally is awsome!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I saw in the pic were he takes off his mask that his right arm was normal and not all mechanized...I dunno

maybe there will be 3 claw like fingers that come out of his cannon to grab...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
now that you metion it, it's ture, he has been shown with no cannon arm, but I prefer him with a cannon arm all the time, that way he can pick up stuff mentally :p.

Also, the moveset lacks of throws, I forgot about them srry :)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
what if he points his sword at what he wants to pick up and he carries that around telepathically at the tip of his blade...zomg imagine the range he'd have with a Beam Sword...

Top Bottom