• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Yes I have heard of the Translation Guide, and I actually used it to progress through the first three chapters, but then decided to stop.

Basically what ends up happening with those guides is they say "Go talk to this person, he'll tell you this, then go to do that". But what I end up missing out on is all the NPC's I can talk to, all the signs I can read, all the little tiny querks that Itoi intends for the player to experience.

There was one translation guide that I used which translated a few of the NPC's dialogue in the first chapter, but then got lazy afterwards and stopped.
For example, there was...
an area right at the beginning of the game... You had the choice to go two seperate ways. If you chose the wrong way, a message would appear saying something along the lines of "There is an ant at your feet. It looks like you might step on it, so please turn back".
To me... that is just such a tiny subtle hint at the pure genius of Itoi's mind. I feel that I miss out on so much if I can't play the game while being able to read and comprehend everything. It just seems very superficial to me when its all in Japanese.

Even another example, here are some screenshots found on Translation websites, just showing the whimsical humor of Itoi that I would most certainly miss out on with a Translation Guide.
(Note: Below are screenshots of some Mother 3 areas... don't click if you don't want to see)
http://mother3.fobby.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/screeny8.png
http://mother3.fobby.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/script01.png
http://mother3.fobby.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/script18.png
There *IS* a faq on gamefaqs that includes most of the NPC dialogue, as well as the "ant" quote you included.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
If they can have mario and dr mario as separate characters and not have it be weird, I don't think it'd be too off having claus be an alt costume as well as his own character. Hey, it's already happened with wario.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
If they can have mario and dr mario as separate characters and not have it be weird, I don't think it'd be too off having claus be an alt costume as well as his own character. Hey, it's already happened with wario.
But the Wario in Brawl isn't the same purple, yellow, greedy dude we know and love. I know this wario is from Warioware, but think about his role in the SE so far. The old Wario wouldn't kill anyone. IIRC, Wario has never hurt anyone except generic enemies. But in SE, he kills (remmember the This World update? It said being turned into a trophy was like death, and Smash = kids = no death, so he makes the closest thing to death there is that wouldn't cause parents to go into a rage), so it seems he's a different person this time around.

</overanalyctic bump>

EDIT: OSHI-. The MMPMA image needs to be reuploaded. I have a free 100mb web hosting account that one of my friends let me have. No icky download confirmation pages. If you want, I could upload it to said account.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Today's update raised Claus's chances a little, at least we have the so-called "toughest" contender out of the way, Kumatora.

So... Claus for the win, basically?
Yes, and now we can finally pin PK Love to Claus FS.

BTW vesperview, your Photobucket go over bandwidth?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Guess so *sighs at another sword-user but hopes he uses his gun and thunder*

Chepe

Smash Lord
Indeed Claus would add a lot of flavor and uniqueness to Brawl. Lets just hope Sakurai, having worked on Mother 3, opts to include a second Mother 3 character.

I find myself being a heavy Claus supporter now that Ness seems out. Him and Lucas would be a perfect representation of the serious, sad, yet loving nature of the Mother series...

Hong

The Strongest
After today's update, I've been converted into a Claus confident. He has always had my respect for being a MOTHER character in the past, but really. I can't think of any better reason why Lucas wouldn't use his own signature move, PK Love, when the only other person capable of using it is none other than Claus. I'm much more confident of Claus now.

T-major

Smash Champion
man, if PK Startstorm didn't look totally awesome, I would be pissed at how not Drago it is... he/she better be an AT! >:U

anyway, Claus got a boost today; why else would Lucas NOT have PK LOVE?

Hong

The Strongest
BTW, do you people really want PK Love to be Claus's FS? I'm still hoping it would be something more original.
Doesn't matter to me. It could be a special. I'll be real upset if it doesn't appear in Brawl in some form. PK Love/Rockin' is a sick looking move and very original of the MOTHER francishe. Really nothing like it.

It'd look awesome to see the stage get bombarded from all angles by a painful idea of a lightshow.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
After today's update, I've been converted into a Claus confident. He has always had my respect for being a MOTHER character in the past, but really. I can't think of any better reason why Lucas wouldn't use his own signature move, PK Love, when the only other person capable of using it is none other than Claus. I'm much more confident of Claus now.
Welcome to the fold. Avoid the cool-aid. :)

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Why is there so much PK Starstorm hate? I think it looks awesome. I'm actually glad Lucas doesn't have LOVE now. It probably wouldn't look as cool. And Drago will probably be an assist trophy; it seems there are assist trophies for every series except Ice Climbers. But they're the only real character in it.

EDIT: I need some advice on arranging my sig plz.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Who said there was hate? If anything we are glad, because it makes Claus a little bit more likely. and I am going to say this now: If Claus is playable, he IS going to be my main no matter what. I love Mother and I love Claus. He would without a doubt be my main.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
Today finally convinced me that Claus has incredible chances. I would like to join the Pig Mask Army.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Spreading his wings and fly up with his balde pointing up, and lightning coming out from it, forming kinda like an electric spiral around him. It could be called Lightning Blade! (Tales of Symphonia reference here)

Top Bottom