• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Third whatever the hell is your name...

Why are you using a fake Claus support in the NSider thread!?!?!?!

THIS is the real one

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I leave for two days and you guys talk about awesome things?
so anyway whats been going on.

PS: I beat Mother 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........!

T-major

Smash Champion
I think doing something involving the Pig Mask Army would be a good Final Smash. it could easily be different from Pit's Final smash. like the Pig Mask are harder to kill than the centurions; or maybe a bunch of those Pig Mask UFO things could come and bomb the stage?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I Think his FS Will probably be an overpowered PK Utinsal like Lucas (Not sure if it will be one that he uses or not.) Because the FS'S So far...Well most (Meta knights , Sonic , Mario , Link , Diddy , Ike , Everyone else obvious...) are WAY To obvious so that's what i'm thinking <_< Probably PK Love for Lucas and PK Starstorm or something for claus but that's just a rough guess <_<.

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet
Eh... I'd say that the Lightning he uses would work as a final smash, because it's really his ultimate attack. It's a one-hit instant kill on anyone but Lucas in the final battle, and it's pretty important to his character. It's not as if a giant lightning bolt coming out of the sky would be very well implemented into a normal special attack. Pikachu manages to pull it off, but Claus's range with the move isn't so limited, he can cause the lightning to strike at areas away from his body. It could be fairly broken, considering that lightning would essentially form a barrier cutting off part of the stage.

As a final smash the lightning could strike somewhere near Claus, and then would arc out to encompass other characters, and would move more depending on how high they were, because lightning tends to strike the highest objects. The attack would do an awesome amount of damage by repeatedly shocking any opponent who gets caught in it. Claus would be free to move about and attempt to throw or hit his opponents into the lightning. It's not too different, but at the same time, it's not just a rehash of another character's final smash.

T-major

Smash Champion
I Think his FS Will probably be an overpowered PK Utinsal like Lucas (Not sure if it will be one that he uses or not.) Because the FS'S So far...Well most (Meta knights , Sonic , Mario , Link , Diddy , Ike , Everyone else obvious...) are WAY To obvious so that's what i'm thinking <_< Probably PK Love for Lucas and PK Starstorm or something for claus but that's just a rough guess <_<.
... PK Love is WAY more obvious then every other Final Smash. the only one thats more obvious is Super Sonic...

Deku Boy, that idea deserves the...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What exactly is PK Utinsal?

I was thinking of PK Love but it works differently than how Lucas will probably do his thanks to the Special Moves update.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
... PK Love is WAY more obvious then every other Final Smash. the only one thats more obvious is Super Sonic...

Deku Boy, that idea deserves the...

No you missed my point :ohwell: , All of them are just really super-power's or unimaginitive , And guessing by that sakurai will probably just give him something overpowered like a lightning attack or PK Attack XD , I Mean think of all the people who wanted/thought diddy's FS Was gonna be something a bit more "Imaginitive" Like his rock guitar , Combining his B And B^ Moves...HOW IMAGINITIVE! [/sarcasm] Which is my point.
Oh and how do i not get that :(? Did you happen to see the claus thread that i managed to drain lots of time into ? XD.
Anyhow i hope sakurai at LEAST Does something a bit more "Interesting" For his final smash but i have a feeling that most FS'S Will be Super Generic O;.

T-major

Smash Champion
I Mean think of all the people who wanted/thought diddy's FS Was gonna be something a bit more "Imaginitive" Like his rock guitar , Combining his B And B^ Moves...HOW IMAGINITIVE! [/sarcasm]
you don't get it. the Guitar FS for Diddy would be unimaginative, because thats what everyone was thinking it would be. not only was his FS unexpected, but it also references DK64; because Diddy normally gets to use his Peanut popguns when using his Rocket barrel. it's a perfectly good Final Smash...

Anyhow i hope sakurai at LEAST Does something a bit more "Interesting" For his final smash but i have a feeling that most FS'S Will be Super Generic O;.
what do you regard as "interesting" though? thats all based on opinion in the first place. I think a PK LOVE final smash would be uninteresting, UNLESS they use the original effects from MOTHER3 (Blue hexagons covering the screen, hurting everyone). the idea Deku Boy just gave is VERY interesting, as well as true to Claus' character. having the Pig Mask Army come and bombard the stage would be interesting too.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
you don't get it. the Guitar FS for Diddy would be unimaginative, because thats what everyone was thinking it would be. not only was his FS unexpected, but it also references DK64; because Diddy normally gets to use his Peanut popguns when using his Rocket barrel. it's a perfectly good Final Smash...

what do you regard as "interesting" though? thats all based on opinion in the first place. I think a PK LOVE final smash would be uninteresting, UNLESS they use the original effects from MOTHER3 (Blue hexagons covering the screen, hurting everyone). the idea Deku Boy just gave is VERY interesting, as well as true to Claus' character. having the Pig Mask Army come and bombard the stage would be interesting too.
To begin with i wasn't to sure of that...Still i don't really tend to find most of the Final Smashes interesting at all but i'll hardly ever use them , The idea of deku boy was pretty good i have to admit but my point is how they are pretty much usually overpowered from there games...<_< Oh wait... (Example:Mario's fireball...Regular A Move , Final smash.) But still i wouldn't mind nontheless as longas they do a good job with it :p.
Oh and did you see my claus thread O: ?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Eh... I'd say that the Lightning he uses would work as a final smash, because it's really his ultimate attack. It's a one-hit instant kill on anyone but Lucas in the final battle, and it's pretty important to his character. It's not as if a giant lightning bolt coming out of the sky would be very well implemented into a normal special attack. Pikachu manages to pull it off, but Claus's range with the move isn't so limited, he can cause the lightning to strike at areas away from his body. It could be fairly broken, considering that lightning would essentially form a barrier cutting off part of the stage.

As a final smash the lightning could strike somewhere near Claus, and then would arc out to encompass other characters, and would move more depending on how high they were, because lightning tends to strike the highest objects. The attack would do an awesome amount of damage by repeatedly shocking any opponent who gets caught in it. Claus would be free to move about and attempt to throw or hit his opponents into the lightning. It's not too different, but at the same time, it's not just a rehash of another character's final smash.
Wow. I love it! You offer a great justification for the move, and it just sounds so cool. If Claus doesn't have this as his FS, I will be somewhat disappointed.

bluffmaster

Smash Cadet
Next to my mailbox waiting for my pre-ordered Braw
ZOMG i can't believe this is the first time i've seen Claus... he's such an awesome character!!!!! actually i haven't even bothered to look at mother and really didn't care about the characters from mother in melee =/. i regret my actions XD
CLAUS FOR SSBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I did. didn't read it, too long. but I can tell just by scaning it that it owns. good job on it!

cool...?
Thanks :) , Hmm the IC'S FS Seem liked an overpowered move that was pretty basic but unexpected...I Have a feeling that Claus's will be unexpected as well...But Dekuboy had a pretty good idea there for it ;).
Hmm so what are we all going to talk about now ? :p.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Bump!

So if Claus could not possibly (God forbid/ knock on wood/ bunny rabbit foot don't fail me now.) be in who would it be? Why?

Mine is Flint.
One he is important to the story and two he is a freakin cowboy with a plank of wood.
Nuff said Biatch.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Bump!

So if Claus could not possibly (God forbid/ knock on wood/ bunny rabbit foot don't fail me now.) be in who would it be? Why?

Mine is Flint.
One he is important to the story and two he is a freakin cowboy with a plank of wood.
Nuff said Biatch.
I'd stick to Duster, he is the most original one in the game after Claus, then Flint, then Porky and those are the only ones.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Duster would definentley be my top choice if Lucas didn't have the rope snake (I mean that's Duster's thang yo.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Bump!

Mine is Flint.
Nuff said Biatch.
That's nice and all that you want Flint but isn't he really important only for the first chapter? Also, wouldn't Flint be subject to a redundant moveset since he has a small move pool?

I have nothing against you or Flint, I'm just saying.

T-major

Smash Champion
Duster is my Top choice after Claus. his Kicking oriented fighting style would be original in Brawl, and his Thief items would make for great special moves. that, and he can play bass! :D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Duster gets in, I'm naming him Sanji if he can cook.

I just realized something, how exactly does he fight when his left leg is limp? My guess is that he uses his fight leg for balance but how does that work in combos? Does he use his arms as a source for balance?

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
Claus seems like an awesome character. I would love to see him in and even more i would want Mother 3 to be released in America

T-major

Smash Champion
If Duster gets in, I'm naming him Sanji if he can cook.

I just realized something, how exactly does he fight when his left leg is limp? My guess is that he uses his fight leg for balance but how does that work in combos? Does he use his arms as a source for balance?
I know. Sanji is the first character that popped into my head when I was thinking of how Duster could fight.

and you bring up an interesting point with the limp leg... I never actually thought of that, so I don't know how that works. it would lead him to have a VERY interesting fighting style, though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I know. Sanji is the first character that popped into my head when I was thinking of how Duster could fight.

and you bring up an interesting point with the limp leg... I never actually thought of that, so I don't know how that works. it would lead him to have a VERY interesting fighting style, though.
More importantly, how hard would it be to animate the limping consistently. Sprites are one thing, but polygons at 60 FPS is probably harder.

As for the comboing, I just thought of something for on the ground. He uses his giant staples as support. That or he's had enough training to fight even with that limp leg of his.

Claus, Duster, and Kumatora for Brawl!

Top Bottom