• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
well how old is mother 3? since when did it exist? I keep on thinking it's a new game :O

and Fire Emblem does have many Lords, if I could decide for that section I'd pick 5 lords, one for each system Fire Emblem has been in.
Back at the time the poll's were taken it was four months old (Think on it...Ranking top 10 and having sakurai's interest for both twins in a game that was out four months while the other characters...Well most where there for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS.), Now it's about a year and a half old...Anyhow FE Is likely to get 2-4 (Probably 3-4 since it has a huge fanbase , 3 Is more likely.) so they already have ike which was highly requested and brought upon an international sales release for it , We are probably getting marth due to his importance and high regard , So this leaves minimum slots left (But you missed the point , With it having many lords it's very hard to represent them all so they have to represent the "Most important" But with Mother it's easy to sneak in 2 For it's best selling one.)
As to what ves said yes sakurai has been intended to do so SINCE Smash 64 :p.

Which is my point i'm trying to make <_<.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Back at the time the poll's were taken it was four months old (Think on it...Ranking top 10 and having sakurai's interest for both twins in a game that was out four months while the other characters...Well most where there for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS.), Now it's about a year and a half old...Anyhow FE Is likely to get 2-4 (Probably 3-4 since it has a huge fanbase , 3 Is more likely.) so they already have ike which was highly requested and brought upon an international sales release for it , We are probably getting marth due to his importance and high regard , So this leaves minimum slots left (But you missed the point , With it having many lords it's very hard to represent them all so they have to represent the "Most important" But with Mother it's easy to sneak in 2 For it's best selling one.)
As to what ves said yes sakurai has been intended to do so SINCE Smash 64 :p.

Which is my point i'm trying to make <_<.
you always answer my questions late :ohwell:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now having three reps? Now that's outrageous.
It'd be neat. For all we know, it could happen. Besides, we're thinking of this from the wrong angle. The number of characters can't be determined from the amount of games a series has.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
oh if Mother can get two representatives, having only three games. Why can't Fire Emblem have four? :(

vesperview

Smash Hero
Oh, yeah. Forgot to tell you guys for a while, Porky is confirmed.
Link please!

oh if Mother can get two representatives, having only three games. Why can't Fire Emblem have four? :(
Why are we talking about Fire Emblem? Anyway, I think it will get at least three reps, as long as Micaiah makes it I don't care if it's just her and Ike.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Since Nessy boy is a goner, he basically closed the door on other Mother 2 characters, too bad for Paula, Jeff and Poo. Oh well, I hope at least Claus makes it even if Kumatora doesn't.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Since Nessy boy is a goner, he basically closed the door on other Mother 2 characters, too bad for Paula, Jeff and Poo. Oh well, I hope at least Claus makes it even if Kumatora doesn't.
Same and she's a higher concern for me.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Yeah, I'm getting really sick of that site.
Yeah what the heck is wrong with EJraven , He is like "Lulz im giving you guys smash revolution" -_- What's the point in that when he can focus on making our's better ? "Dugg has canceled lulz , Get annoyed about it here!!!!!!! We shut down the site temporarily" Then it was working for 5 minutes for me and -_-.
It's getting quite stupid , I'm telling a mod or doing at least something i can do about it soon... :ohwell:.

It'd be neat. For all we know, it could happen. Besides, we're thinking of this from the wrong angle. The number of characters can't be determined from the amount of games a series has.
It would most likely need 2 starters , Besides like i said it's a very small grain of rice(Well maybe not "That" Small :Laugh:.) to nintendo and two is getting a bit questionable , Still i'd like to see 3 but with 3 Reps and giving them all to Mother 3 O.O Doubt it will happen but it would be awsome.

you always answer my questions late :ohwell:
Whoops , The point is that he has a really high chance and a lot going for him.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Link please!

Why are we talking about Fire Emblem? Anyway, I think it will get at least three reps, as long as Micaiah makes it I don't care if it's just her and Ike.
Urgh you all missed my point , FE And other franchises with a large ammount of games can't overpopulate a game to much , But since Mother 3 has a low ammount it's "Easier" To :p.

Yeah :p , Claus would be awsome , Maybe kumatora in subspace emissary ? ;).
AHH WHAT'S WITH ALL THESE DOUBLE POSTS >.< :ohwell:

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I always thought Starfox was a big series :ohwell: since it had two represents in Melee, to be honest I only played one game of Starfox ^_^ if that happened then I can see Claus's chances waaaay higher.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Urgh you all missed my point , FE And other franchises with a large ammount of games can't overpopulate a game to much , But since Mother 3 has a low ammount it's "Easier" To :p.
I don't think that's too accurate, just look at pokemon.

I always thought Starfox was a big series :ohwell: since it had two represents in Melee, to be honest I only played one game of Starfox ^_^ if that happened then I can see Claus's chances waaaay higher.
Back in the day, they were the only two ones that could rep the series and maybe Wolf, right now is mos def, Krystal's turn.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
It only had two games at the time and was hardly important back then :p , It's a grain of salt like Mother is as well and on a lot of roster's i see it with 3 (The only difference is there games released on an international market.) And claus still has quite a bit going for him so he's likely to be in , Heck he's now the most likely 2nd Mother rep :p.
Wow this is a long discussion bewtween us all :p.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I think Krystal is a shoe in, and right now im just crossing my fingers for a Fire Emblem rep. I really want.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
It only had two games at the time and was hardly important back then :p , It's a grain of salt like Mother is as well and on a lot of roster's i see it with 3 (The only difference is there games released on an international market.) And claus still has quite a bit going for him so he's likely to be in , Heck he's now the most likely 2nd Mother rep :p.
Wow this is a long discussion bewtween us all :p.
:chuckle: and there you go again....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah :p , Claus would be awsome , Maybe kumatora in subspace emissary ? ;).
AHH WHAT'S WITH ALL THESE DOUBLE POSTS >.< :ohwell:
I'd be fine if she got in that way but it'd be such as waste. We need more girls, especially a kick-***, pink-hair, looks-nothing-like-a-princess, tomboy.

Also, as for your earlier post, the two starting characters would be Lucas and her. Claus has to be an unlockable, IMO. I can see him being unlocked via the SSE.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I'd be fine if she got in that way but it'd be such as waste. We need more girls, especially a kick-***, pink-hair, looks-nothing-like-a-princess, tomboy.

Also, as for your earlier post, the two starting characters would be Lucas and her. Claus has to be an unlockable, IMO. I can see him being unlocked via the SSE.
QFT! :chuckle:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I still hate that update. I had a feeling she was playable but it turns out it was wrong. My guess is that she didn't make it in because there were too many sword users and then there's the camera.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sure.

Claus should be in SSE as a boss and playable character.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I think Claus is either a boss or a playable character...

Oh I hope there's not another essay quoting me.:laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I honestly think he and Ridley will be like that. Considering his ambiguity and that character back stories like Lucas' will be in the game, it only makes sense he'd be a boss at first then a playable character.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

The series is quite small to even get two starters (Think on it , We MOST LIKELY Have 5 spots left , One going to maybe krystal or olimar , Captain falcon , Err Quite a hole indeed.)So this only puts us at the next option:Having them both unlockable , Which is already insane , Replacing a Smash 64 Vet for 3 characters that have yet to appear out ? I Can understand 2 but 3 is just...:p.
And do we really need to add moar females for the heck of it :p ?
Sure.

Claus should be in SSE as a boss and playable character.
Yes.

I think Claus is either a boss or a playable character...

Oh I hope there's not another essay quoting me.:laugh:
:laugh: Who wants just one when you can have both :p ? Basic point..

Oh yeah and vesperview i do type long , I Always try to make my point detailed (Like i did in my claus thread.) I Was eating for a bit...Anyhow i'm gonna take a shower :p.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The series is quite small to even get two starters (Think on it , We MOST LIKELY Have 5 spots left , One going to maybe krystal or olimar , Captain falcon , Err Quite a hole indeed.)So this only puts us at the next option:Having them both unlockable , Which is already insane , Replacing a Smash 64 Vet for 3 characters that have yet to appear out ? I Can understand 2 but 3 is just...:p.
And do we really need to add moar females for the heck of it :p ?/QUOTE]

Assuming that we have 5 more starters yet to be unveiled, it'll probably be these five:

1. Krystal
2. Capt. Falcon
3. Mr. Game and Watch
4. AC Character
5. DS character or any other character but the Melee unlockables.

I still don't think it's appropriate to make Claus a starter and what do you by appearing out? As in outside of Japan? As for more girls, I don't think it's not for the sake of it, but rather that they're not getting enough recognition.

To make this more Claus related, he should be unlockable by having you beat him in a boss battle with Pokey fighting in the background. You can only unlock him by defeating him as Lucas.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Link please!
http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=39718

This is an extremely reliable source, they told us about Lucas and the Franklin Badge looooooooooooooooooooooooong before the updates. And it says Porky is in, so :p

EDIT: Holy crap, people. This thread has *way* too many replies. When I started looking for the link, the topic was at the middle of the 42nd page

I'm running on dialup which is slow, btw.

Top Bottom