• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

T-major

Smash Champion
Praying to Hinawa seems a little creepy... but maybe she could talk to him or something for another kind of thing, FS, or something.
yeah... I couldn't think of anything else... D: what could an FS involving her do? her foot comes down from the heavens and stomps people...actually, that'd be awesome!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Hey vesp i got something huge i whipped up for claus at Nsider2 0: , The claus support thread there...It's going pretty well ;) , I Still like the one here through :p (Mine's a huge thread, Not saying that your's isn't or anything :p.) Anyhow here's the link:
http://nsider2.com/forums/claus-support-threadand33-t54395.html#entry640759
Oh and i hope claus makes the cut :p =) , Oh and hi everyone :p , What's the current discussion here O; ?
Meh the board at Nsider2 is offline currently , Anyhow what would be claus's taunts ? I'm thinking one were he points his sword to the ground quickly.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Hey vesp i got something huge i whipped up for claus at Nsider2 0: , The claus support thread there...It's going pretty well ;) , I Still like the one here through :p (Mine's a huge thread, Not saying that your's isn't or anything :p.) Anyhow here's the link:
http://nsider2.com/forums/claus-support-threadand33-t54395.html#entry640759
Oh and i hope claus makes the cut :p =) , Oh and hi everyone :p , What's the current discussion here O; ?
Final Smash... but we don't have many good ideas about it :S

and your link says they're currently out of service, gotta wait a little while to check it out.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I think Claus is unique and everything but having two characters from the same game in a very small franchise is odd. I don't think it will eventually happen that Claus be a playable character, but if he were that would be neat.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Claus For The Win =).

Final Smash... but we don't have many good ideas about it :S

and your link says they're currently out of service, gotta wait a little while to check it out.
Hmm i got one.
FS : New years eve bomb (Better for lucas i think through.) He will pull out a huge bomb and it will start to appear somewhere randomly and explode fast :S.
As to it yeah it's out of service...I'll tell you when it get's back up :p , Anyhow it's huge (I Should probably link this thread here if you want.) And i already got 20 supporters within less than 24 hours :p.
Hmm i can't really come up with any other good final smash , Maybe a huge lightning rod or something ? Through pikachu already has thunder , A DIDDY CLONE FS! JK :p.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think Claus is unique and everything but having two characters from the same game in a very small franchise is odd. I don't think it will eventually happen that Claus be a playable character, but if he were that would be neat.
What is that supposed to mean?

Hmm i got one.
FS : New years eve bomb (Better for lucas i think through.) He will pull out a huge bomb and it will start to appear somewhere randomly and explode fast :S.
As to it yeah it's out of service...I'll tell you when it get's back up :p , Anyhow it's huge (I Should probably link this thread here if you want.) And i already got 20 supporters within less than 24 hours :p.
Hmm i can't really come up with any other good final smash , Maybe a huge lightning rod or something ? Through pikachu already has thunder , A DIDDY CLONE FS! JK :p.
I would like it for him to summon the Pig Masks, like Pit does in his FS but that would be a little too much alike, although, it seems similar Final Smashes aren't that much of a problem for Sakurai.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Actually it being a Small franchise helps that , Remember it's not like representing something like Fire emblem or Mario where you have to represent the most important ones (Still claus is quite important.) I Should also add that he has four entries in sakurai's journal and it was rumored that him and some of other characters where mentioned back in responeses as "Very unique" He also tends to like Mother 3 a lot more then the first two and if i stand correctly mother 3 Sold the best out of all 3 in the series (500,000 copies.) And was insanely hyped for in japan.
I Should also add that Starfox got 2 reps in melee when it had less going for it than mother does now , Oh and with ness most likely deconfirmed W_W.
So with all these factors and more i could go into with claus in the end it's not that much of a havoc for sakurai to then people think , But i get were all this is coming from <_<.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
What is that supposed to mean?

I would like it for him to summon the Pig Masks, like Pit does in his FS but that would be a little too much alike, although, it seems similar Final Smashes aren't that much of a problem for Sakurai.
Hmm i'm not sure :chuckle: , I'm hardly ever going to use FS'S Anyways (No smash balls ftw ;).) But i might a bit since they seem interesting , Knowing sakurai's creativity then he will think of something...Then again you can look at what he did to diddy <_<.
Crudz double post , Whoops >_<.
EDIT:It went back down for some reason <_< Urgh... :/.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Hmm i'm not sure :chuckle: , I'm hardly ever going to use FS'S Anyways (No smash balls ftw ;).) But i might a bit since they seem interesting , Knowing sakurai's creativity then he will think of something...Then again you can look at what he did to diddy <_<.
Crudz double post , Whoops >_<.
Oh the site should be back up now , It is for me :p.
It's still not available to me, do I have to register or something?

y3nia659

Smash Ace
adding him is overpopulating that game only, I have nothing against that, but there's other Mother games too yet to be represented.

but if it were the case that game is the only game represented. I hope the same thing happens to Fire Emblem that way there can be Micaiah, Ike, Elincia, and Sanaki/Black Knight.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well adding characters from previous Mother installments wouldn't really add anything new to the table... plus, Sakurai seems to be focusing solely on Mother 3, Fire Emblem is a much bigger series anyway and they have a lot more characters to choose from.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I know that but it would still be unfair to do that, I wouldn't mind though since Claus > Ness.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
It's still not available to me, do I have to register or something?
It was working for five minutes then i tryed refreshing the page and it didn't work , It's getting quite annoying :(.

adding him is overpopulating that game only, I have nothing against that, but there's other Mother games too yet to be represented.

but if it were the case that game is the only game represented. I hope the same thing happens to Fire Emblem that way there can be Micaiah, Ike, Elincia, and Sanaki/Black Knight.
Your forgetting something , See FE Can't overpopulate it because with FE You have to rep mostly the most IMPORTANT Lords since it has 10 games with everchaning lords -_-.
Mother on the other hand is a pretty small franchise that has been denied a rep since Smash 64 and has quite a bit on the japanese market going for it ;).
So hmm you say another "Different" Mother rep ?

Ness-The only valid one but deconfirmed most likely , Bye.
Pokey-He got AT'D in his Mother 2 form(Rumored through.) , IF Mother 3 form is in then it will most likely be a boss.
Ninten-If we didn't get ness what makes you think we'll get him ? He pretty much IS Ness.
Jeff/Poo/Paula-To minor and hardly suggested , If Pokey and Ness can't make it then err...NO.
Ana/Lyoid/Teddy-Try "No" Here.
Any other random character like giygas or no- Must i even explain myself?

Oh and it's also rumored that claus ranked top 10 on sakurai's poll's (And lucas.) 2 Times suggested on the poll's and 4 Entries in sakurai's journal O; , So that's close to the likes of dedede and whatnot so it's NOT Overpopulating it , And it's NOT Impossible.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Ninten = Ness = Lucas
Ana = Paula = Kumatora
Lloyd = Jeff

That only leaves Teddy (who isn't popular), Duster (who doesn't have that much popularity either), Poo (who without Ness can't get in) and Flint, who is nothing special IMO, Oh and Porky who reeks of Boss material.

So that leaves, Claus, unique, popular, etc.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
you want Kumatora in?

Oh and thirdkoopa, important Lords? can you rephrase that? Lords = most important characters in the game.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Paula wouldn't be bad at all, she could keep Ness's moveset (rightfully belongs to her)

y3nia659

Smash Ace
nothing makes me think, I doubt it too and I forgot Lucas carries some of Ness's moves ^_^ I think Mother will probably go solo again, it is a very small series after all.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
you want Kumatora in?

Oh and thirdkoopa, important Lords? can you rephrase that? Lords = most important characters in the game.
Think about it , Mother is a small franchise (Game-wise.) With only 3 games that have a party of "Four" And most of them are the same/generic.
Fire emblem is one with 10 Different games and a DIFFERENT Lord for each one of them (Michaiah = FE 10 , Marth = FE 1 , Ike = FE9 , Etc...) But when you have limited slots with only 2-3 You have to pick the most suggested/Important ones even if black knight/roy/sigurd/michiah/lyn/your face/etc...Would be cool , That and sakurai's biasim factors most things (Example , Sakurai likes Michiah more then lyn , Michiah gets in.) So this quite means that it's harder to overpopulate one game.
With Mother on the other hand practically most of the party members are the same :ohwell: , Pokey is way better for a boss and has nothing going for him , Ness Ninten Kumatora Poo Paula Jeff And all the Mother 1 reps bring nothing/hardly anything new to the table , Oh and sakurai likes uniqueness.
All this leaves us with is giygas (The huge red fire ? No.) And claus , And on the other hand since Mother is a small franchise representing it's best one would be "Better" Than others(AKA , It sold a lot in japan and the third one has high regard.) He has popularity role and uniqueness going for him + Sakurai's biasim and sakurai tending to like claus more + Poll results.
Err did this make sence ? :p...Because i hope it did.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
nothing makes me think, I doubt it too and I forgot Lucas carries some of Ness's moves ^_^ I think Mother will probably go solo again, it is a very small series after all.
1.It has a huge fanbase.
2.Huge marketing in japan and high sales (Especially the third.)
3.It's been denied a second rep since Smash 64.
4.Sakurai tends to like Mother 3 More because he helped work on it (And he likes it a LOT More.)
5.The developers of mother 1 went to help on with pokemon afterwards which is getting SIX Reps already if you count all of Pt's pokemon and mewtwo and jiggs :ohwell:.
6.Starfox only had 2 games before melee and had LESS Going for it.
Hmm with all this in mind and the fact that he has high poll results etc...He has a lot of a higher chance than you think.
Oh and will you ever learn on this :ohwell: ? Meh...

y3nia659

Smash Ace
well how old is mother 3? since when did it exist? I keep on thinking it's a new game :O

and Fire Emblem does have many Lords, if I could decide for that section I'd pick 5 lords, one for each system Fire Emblem has been in.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
oh I see, hmmm with Ness replacing Ninten, and Lucas replacing Ness I certaintly hope the same fate happens to Marth >=D (j/k)

Top Bottom