• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
Well, Lucas took PK Starstorm.
However, I still say Claus can have a completely original moveset.
As for his Final Smash, I haven't heard this suggested.
Final Smash:
Crashing! Boom! Bang! Attack:
Claus holds his sword up, and lightning strikes it. A barrier forms around him that makes him invincible. Several lightning bolts (5-7) then strike the stage at very random points. They are tiny and it's unlikely that one will hit you, but they move fast and strike before you know they did. If one does hit you, it's 50-70% damage and OHKO. However, it's highly unlikely that you'll get hit by one. Overall, the move relies on luck. However, it's not so unlikely that it never works. I guess it just needs good balance.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, it looks like his FS will be PK Love like everyone has been saying. It's either Love or Thunder.

Still, I'm keeping hope.

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
True, but I feel that if Lucas doesn't get PK Love, no one else should use it. And Crashing! Boom! Bang! Attack is a move that has been used all throughout the series as an alternative to PK Thunder for enemies, so I feel it would make sense for Claus to use it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
True, but I feel that if Lucas doesn't get PK Love, no one else should use it. And Crashing! Boom! Bang! Attack is a move that has been used all throughout the series as an alternative to PK Thunder for enemies, so I feel it would make sense for Claus to use it.
The only other one with that right to use PK Love is Claus. Then again, Sakurai has been giving us the finger when it comes to MOTHER accuracy so who knows.

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
The only other one with that right to use PK Love is Claus. Then again, Sakurai has been giving us the finger when it comes to MOTHER accuracy so who knows.
Yeah, that's the other thing. Starstorm being Lucas' FS just shows that Sakurai really likes PSI and will use it when he can. He even replaced one of the few moves that Ness/Lucas actually have, PK Flash, with PK Freeze, just because they really flubbed the use of PK Flash and wanted to use PK Freeze.
Overall, I think he wants to make Lucas seem like more of the magic user, and is trying to ignore the generic moves that they use. Also I think the naming aspects of those moves makes them personal, and some people won't want to see it called Love/Rocking, because to them that's not the move.
So there 'ya go, random intellectual delve there.

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
"Not only Sakurai has proven he doesn't care about spoiling a game due to Sheik's appearance in Melee, he already spoiled Mother 3 in Brawl with the New Pork City stage."

I don't consider this a valid point due to the fact the ocarina of time was released years before melee. Also, in a double whammy situation, new pork city doesn't spoil any plot information at all. It's just a stage.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can see Claus being a unique Earthbound representative and I've never even played the games. I say let him in.

Ridley_Me_That

Smash Rookie
Personally i would like to see this Claus in Brawl along with Lucas. He seems ( From what i've read) Diff enough from Ness and Lucas to be an interesting addition. The Earthbound series is just as deserving as any other single rep group for another member.

Ness + Lucas thou, would be a little dull. Same little outfit, same sort of moves. I know he's one of the Originals but we seem to have a Ness v2.0 atm. No i haven't really experienced Earthbound much so this may seem ... incognizant but this is just what i've observed.

And also.... Claus is kinda cute in a weird way <3 :chuckle:

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
"Not only Sakurai has proven he doesn't care about spoiling a game due to Sheik's appearance in Melee, he already spoiled Mother 3 in Brawl with the New Pork City stage."

I don't consider this a valid point due to the fact the ocarina of time was released years before melee. Also, in a double whammy situation, new pork city doesn't spoil any plot information at all. It's just a stage.
Spoiler:
There are statues of Pokey from Earthbound on the stage, confirming his role in the game as the main antagonist. That's a spoiler.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
OOOOOOOOOOOOH! Axel you just pw0nd him!

But anyways New Pork is a huge spoiler and unless they Claus as Lucas' brother or he takes his mask off the people who haven't played Mother 3 won't no he has any connection to Lucas.

RidleyMT is right, Claus is hot.

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
OOOOOOOOOOOOH! Axel you just pw0nd him!

But anyways New Pork is a huge spoiler and unless they Claus as Lucas' brother or he takes his mask off the people who haven't played Mother 3 won't no he has any connection to Lucas.

RidleyMT is right, Claus is hot.
Up high!

*Stands with his hand up for a few seconds, then frowns and puts it down.*
I'm a boy, so I can't really judge "hotness" of another man, especially an animated one. That would make me creepy.

D

Deleted member

Guys, my Mother 3 ROM isn't working. Sorry to go off topic here but is Mother 3 gonna be released in North Anerica?

CLAUS FOR BRAWL

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they'll put Claus and Lucas in to see if people like them. If they do, they may take Mother 3 to America. Like Marth or Roy. That's the main hope for Mother 3.

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
Yeah, what wagnerelli said. It happened with Fire Emblem, we might get lucky with Mother 3. Then again, Ness has been in both previous Smash games, and NOA hasn't done anything about re-releasing Earthbound, so...Who knows...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just import the **** game! :/ It's cheaper than it would be if it comes out internationally.
By itself, yes on a retail price. As a trilogy compilation, I'd pay an additional 20$.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
The fact is, Mother is a very text-oriented game. Most of that text would be in Japanese. I can't read Japanese. Do you see my dilemma here?

Maybe I can find a ROM or something and download that Menu Patch.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
We all know MaskedMan speaks but...if we're getting him does he talk?

Top Bottom