• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
he made dedede face b-man just to make me mad jk

yea my computer crashed so now i'm at my friend's house o well
b-man soon to be comformed!!!1!

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I'm quite surprised that Bomberman beat Red.

Hey RDK! You should like this, it's a report from Whobby: "Ashley Deconfirmed! She appears in the WarioWare stage."
Unfortunately for me, Green wasn't in, which is total bull. She better make it into the final cut, at the VERY least as a trophy (stickers suck).
Also, MORE CONSPIRACY THEORY: "There are also a few new items such as a time bomb and spike bomb." This alone doesn't mean anything, but when taken with all the other confirmed items, one has to admit that Sakurai must like bombs...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
This game is chocabloc with bombs and explosives.

All it's missing is Bomberman.

Also: Ashley deconfirmed? Lol

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
The world would be a better place if we had more bombs. :laugh:

Ashley? Who's Ashley? lol

bryloom

Smash Rookie
Man oh man. How I would love for Bomberman to be in Brawl. And it's not even like Nintendo is incapable of making it happen.

bryloom

Smash Rookie
Thanks.

One argument that I'm always hearing that just boils my blood is that there are enough bomb users in Brawl. Wow, as if one more bomb user is going to completely ruin the game. I just don't understand the logic of this argument. There are plenty of fighting games with more than enough fist, foot, knee users that have made video gaming history. And the other argument that completely fails is this one: "HE ONLY USES BOMBS". Well, look at the character that was recently confirmed and then you'll realize why this argument fails as well.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
All anti Bomberman arguments smell.

11 days and we'll know. If Bomberman isn't in... which if I'm honest is my gut feeling... we can say we did our best.

ProudNTSC

Smash Cadet
Are you joking? Seriously don't make me get my flamethrower out on you boy.
Easy now. So he thinks Megaman isnt as cool, and really I do too...Megaman is cool in his own right, but Bomberman, to me, is actually so much cooler. Dont flame for an honest opinion. We dont want to be like the Ridley people.:chuckle:

ProudNTSC

Smash Cadet
He said belong, he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. Just like you.
He said "belongs in Brawl as much" Wich is STILL an opinion, dude.
Now if I dont know what Im talking about either, why would I have MM in my sig. I still want him in, just not as much as Bomberman..and this is the BOMBERMAN thread. Its not an INSULT to MM, and it still means he thinks he could be in, he just wants Bomberman in more, just like me.

Stop flaming now.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I wasnt talking about the Mega Man part. I was talking about the part you didn't actually know anything about, and even if it was an opinion its still wrong Mega Man belongs in Brawl more than Bomberman.

ProudNTSC

Smash Cadet
So your saying hes more worthy by game history and popularity? Well, if you do research, MM and BM came out in the same year (and so did Snake), and while Im not sure about the amount of games, I beleave as far as Nintendo they just about equal. While MM may be a lil more popular, but popularity means nothing to Sakurai. As far as company ties, while Hudson did the Mario party games, Capcom did the Zelda Gameboy games, so they're about even. They're are more games by both companys, but yeah.

As far as recent sucess, both the franchises have seen better days, I will point out that if there were no Bomberman games, there would be no Smash bros, for Bomberman was the original "party" game. Same frantic 4 player mayhem. Is it the same? No, but Smash bros owes alot to the Bomberman series.

My point is that thier history, company ties, and what favors they did for Nintendo have nothing to do with who "belongs" in smash. Its STILL just an opinion.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Yes but I still wasn't even talking about that before and:

Mega Man is more popular, more iconic, has had many many more games than Bomberman, better sales, is a better character (And I don't mean in the "Mega man is cooler" way). And no, Smash doesn't really owe that to Bomberman if anything it owes it to Capcom (Makers of you know Mega Man) for actually making fighting games that popular.

ProudNTSC

Smash Cadet
Alright. More iconic...eh, I'll give you that. But still, for every person around 20ish who knows who Megaman is, there is someone who also recognizes Bomberman. More games, I wouldnt be surprized. Better sales..ehhhhh..I dont know. Better character is still a opinion, even if you dont mean "in the cooler way". I mean smash owes Bomberman in the fact that it was one of the first chaotic, multiplayer party games. Yes Capcom made the arcades popular with thier Street Fighter and other fighting series, and made fighting games what they are today, Smash Bros is equel parts fighting and party game. So really, I guess Smash owes alot to both of them.

If this is still "not what your talking about", tell me, so I can know.

Im just saying that weither or not hes cooler, more polpular, worthy, awsome, better designed, more games, more money, more ANYTHING else being a defining characteristic of who "Belongs" in Brawl is STILL an opinion.

ProudNTSC

Smash Cadet
OH! Hahaha! Fine. I opologize for that, then. I just had known they're group was banned for being..over-whelmingly..suporrtive, I guess you could say...like no one could tell them no, or somthing. Ah well. I guess its a hush hush thing. So I will stop now.
Sorry, dude.

BOMBERMAN (and Megaman) FOR BRAWL!

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Though Pac-man has a better relationship with them, then both.

But if Pac isn't in I vote for Bomb. I don't hate Megaman. But I think Bomberman would be a lot more fun and all.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Though Pac-man has a better relationship with them, then both.

But if Pac isn't in I vote for Bomb. I don't hate Megaman. But I think Bomberman would be a lot more fun and all.
Coming from someone who wants Pac man in and thinks Namco has a good relationship with Nintendo. No offense.

ProudNTSC

Smash Cadet
Coming from someone who wants Pac man in and thinks Namco has a good relationship with Nintendo. No offense.
Alright, incase you forgot, this is the Bomberman Thread, as in not Megaman, or Pac-man. Its one thing to debate the comparisons to MM and BM's chances in Brawl, its another to outright put someone down for liking a character, and you did it TWICE now! The "no offence" doesnt justify your flaming. Talk about Bomberman, or about Pac-Mega man vs Bomberman, but with NO FLAMING.

Stop flaming, or I will report you.

Thank you.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
O no I am shaking in my boots. Seriously he just said Namco has a better relationship with Nintendo than Hudson and Capcom, people deserve to be flamed because internet serious business.

ProudNTSC

Smash Cadet
They do have a good relationship. Maybe not better than BOTH, but they did have a cross over with Pacman in the acrade version of Mario Kart, and Mario was the announcer voice for PacMan VS., while Bomberman had a crossover with Wario. As far as I know there is no crossover with a Capcom character. Also, Shagiro Nyomoto adores Pac-Man.

NO ONE deserves flaming, just correction. Im just going to ignore you now.

Back to Bomberman, dang it.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* So much for a good update... Something tells me if that Bomberman is in fact in the game, we most likely won't know until AFTER January 24...
The last 3rd Party Character (If there is one) will probably be the last character that announce:

Snake was to build hype for Brawl, and Sonic was to apologies for the delay.

The last one will be on the American release date (to build more hype) or will be a few weeks or so after to finish off the character list.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
The last 3rd Party Character (If there is one) will probably be the last character that announce:

Snake was to build hype for Brawl, and Sonic was to apologies for the delay.

The last one will be on the American release date (to build more hype) or will be a few weeks or so after to finish off the character list.
This is probably true, but I still want to believe everyday is another chance for confirmation.

Top Bottom