• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
I hope this firedragon guy can keep the thread under control.

Btw, Bomberman is tied in the lead with....Micaiah? Who's Micaiah?

Anyways, it's good to know Bomberman is getting the recognition he deserves.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Ooh, ooh! Micaiah is a Fire Emblem character from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn! I just started playing that game two hours ago! Brilliant cutscenes, and it's a lot better than the GBA FEs...

...Of course. Wii>GBA.

I recommend it if you're ten and up!

(lol fantasy violence)

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/image/575863.html

Un-freaking-believable. I just remembered an old Bomberman game I used to play when I was little. It was an action-rpg on the Gameboy Color called "Bomberman Quest".

:colorgame

It's gameplay was a mix of Link's Awakening and Bomberman. Instead of the maze setting, Bomberman has to explore a planet to capture(Blast the heck out of) 40-something monsters and get 4 engines that were taken from his shuttle. Along with your bombs, you got items when you beat some monsters. New kinds of bombs has to be made at the bomb workshop.

Normal Bomb: Only 2 can be placed at once. Firepower can be augmented at the bomb workshop where you can combine it with the Flame-up item.

Tackle Belt: Dash into a monster to stun them. Works like Pegasus Boots.

Land Mine: Explodes when monsters into it, but not Bomberman. Has to be augmented in Workshop to make stronger.

Aqua Bomb: Can be used under water.

Homing Bomb: Bomb that chases after nearest monster when kicked or thrown.

Rubber Bomb: Bounces when thrown.

Ice Bomb: Self explanatory

Poison Bomb: Makes monster move slower.

Flak Bomb: hits flying enemies.

Robot Bomb: Bomb that can be moved as long as the button is held down.

Right Bomb: Bomb that curves to the right when kicked or thrown.

Left Bomb: Bomb that curves to the left when kicked or thrown.

Yo-yo: Can be used to move bombs.

There are several other items also. Man, I can't believe forgot about this game. Good potential in these types of bombs.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
my favorite game was the N64 one :chuckle: I hope it get's to the Virtual Console, but mostly I hope to play as Bomberman in Brawl.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Maybe in his final smash, Bomberman can summon all of his incarnations from all the games he has been, and throw bombs at the enemies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I'm surprisd how active this thread has gotten. Like 3 months ago, it was just troll-bait for shmucks like The Grim Lizard...

Bomberman 4 Brawl

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
my favorite game was the N64 one :chuckle: I hope it get's to the Virtual Console, but mostly I hope to play as Bomberman in Brawl.
hey not to put you on the spot but why don't you join the bomb squad you seem like you would want him in brawl

pm me with your answer

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
And people call Mega man a Samus clone?
*sigh* We're not going by box art again, are we? FYI, Bomberman was released BEFORE Metroid (1983 vs. 1986), so by this faulty logic, Samus would in fact be a clone of Bomberman... :dizzy: And yeah, some people think the Blue Bomber would be a Samus clone because the gameplay is somewhat similar. That's got a lot more substance behind it than comparing boxart from back in the day, when so-called artists were hired draw sh*t up that had almost nothing to do with the actual game. How else would you be able to describe this:

So yeah, I think we're best leaving old boxart alone completely...

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was just noting it. I too vastly prefer his modern look.

And that Mega Man box art is hilarious.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Heh, after playing multiplayer Bomberman on the DS (Battle Pack), I think Im starting to like the idea of Bomberman in Brawl. Not out of the picture either...

Does that moveset from the first post draw upon Bomberman games though? Can he really do that Bomb shield thing in some games. I guess since I have only played one of his standard puzzlers its hard for me to really grasp the character.

I have a feeling if Sakurai got him in, that his bombs would explode in a cross pattern similar to his puzzle games. And his Up B in my mind would involve using a bomb to blast himself upwards... Seems third party characters use some sort of item to get back to the stage...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I've been internet deprived this week...I just have to say...

BOMBERMAN FOR BRAWL!!!

Sorry about that. Nice to see the thread alive and kicking.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
What time is it where you live, ~N9NE~?

'Cause when I'm awake, this thread is dead lol.

And Megaman looks like a queer up there.:laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
So what? Box-art had consistently sucked salted asscrack back in the days of the NES. Nothing new...

Bomberman 4 Brawl

Top Bottom