• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If Megaman were to be confirmed on Monday, which would be the most fitting day to do it ever, then I'd be happy he's in. Iconic third party character included? Can't go wrong. Maybe it will be Megaman's day. What with all the lack of character updates, maybe Sakurai was building up to this shabang of a possible update.

Then after that initial happiness, I'll be flooded with sadness that it isn't Bomberman. And then I'd wait....

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it works guys.

It seems like it has some bugs, though. I don't know if that is just caused by people lagging or not. People just seem to dissapear and reappear somewhere else.

It looks like lag to me, but I'll play a little more and see if it was just bad luck.

Btw, there is a Christmas event going on and my Bomberman is instantly dressed in a Santa outfit!

Quick! On the count of three, everyone go "AWWWWWWWWWWWWW":laugh:

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
It would be cool if Megaman got in. I still prefer Bomberman, though.

I still dream of the day Pikachu gets blown up.....

EDIT: Hey, have any of you guys heard about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=080GnnvU_9g

I'm downloading it now to see if it works or not.
WOW thats awesome just WOW i'm downloading it for sure if it works :laugh:

edit: yeah happy i am

wait how in the heck did you get to the site plz give me the link

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
WOW thats awesome just WOW i'm downloading it for sure if it works :laugh:

edit: yeah happy i am

wait how in the heck did you get to the site plz give me the link
Forget it, the game has problems.

They make you port forward your router to even play the game.

So I tried it.

But even when I did that, all the other players move around like they are lagging. It's a load of crock to me.

Let's just stick with RDK's idea to all play an old SNES Bomberman online.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Forget it, the game has problems.

They make you port forward your router to even play the game.

So I tried it.

But even when I did that, all the other players move around like they are lagging. It's a load of crock to me.

Let's just stick with RDK's idea to all play an old SNES Bomberman online.
Awww, that's a disappointment! I got excited that it would be a good play.

RDK

Smash Hero
Garr, I wish B64 would work on Kaillera. :(

Well, if you guys want to play Bomberman Arcade, you have to get the Mame online emulator, Mame32k.

Here's the website:

http://www.kaillera.com/download.php

Once you have Mame32k downloaded and installed, you need the rom.

http://www.coolrom.com/roms/mame/8038/Bomber_Man_World_*_New_Dyna_Blaster_-_Global_Quest.php

Then make a folder in the Mame directory called "roms" or something. Once you've done that, open up the emulator, go to file, and set what folder the emulator will be getting your roms from, just like PJ64. Bomberman should show up.

From there, it's exactly like PJ64k. Go to "Start Netplay", and enter a server.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah I was hoping Bomberman 64 would work on Kailleramyself. Anyhoo, I played the the original Bomberman for the first time today sinceI bought it like 4 months ago.

RDK

Smash Hero
Was that part of the B-man Collection anthology you bought way back in June or something? I remember you said you got like 4 of the games, along with the MMX collection.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
WHERE THE HECK ARE MY WINDOWS XP DISCS?!?!?!? RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWR!

Bomberman for brawl and stuff....

Vista=epic fail

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah that was the Bomberman collection for PC. It includes Bomberman original, Bomberman 93, and Bomberman World.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I would appreciate it if someone else tried to download that Bomberman International game we were talking about earlier.

I have Vista and that may be causing problems with the game. Since I'm planning to switch to XP as soon as I find the fricken' discs, I could play that game with you guys if it really is just Vista that is causing me to have problems.

Good luck to anyone who is willing to do me this favor.

And thanks.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
my favorite Bomberman game was that one for the 64, ever since SSB64 I wanted him in Smash, I hope he's playable in Brawl.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
my favorite Bomberman game was that one for the 64, ever since SSB64 I wanted him in Smash, I hope he's playable in Brawl.
Whoah! That's what we've been saying for the past 105 pages of this thread!

Wow....you must be a mind reader or something....:)

RDK

Smash Hero
Bomberman 4 Brawl

(Regarding the Character Battle:
Anyone up for voting Sonci against Mew2?
I'm probably voting Sonic, but I always like to see the score first.

And Agua, seriously, switch back to XP. Vista is crap.

Remember when XP first came out, with no service packs? Yeah. That's what Vista's like.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Vista is 120% fail.

I'm using it right now and it constantly screws up on me, forcing me to fix it by wiping my computer completely.

As of right now, if I shut down or restart, anything downloaded, scanned, typed, etc. will get deleted.

Also the virus protection isn't too great either. It asks you 12+ times if you wanna do something, and sometimes after saying yes every time it still won't let you do it. You can shut that off, but doing so also means you shut off your protection.

This is a family computer, and my sisters used to put viruses on our computer when it was XP all the time because they're *******es. I'm still trying to convince my mom to switch us back to XP.

RDK

Smash Hero
Vista is 120% fail.

I'm using it right now and it constantly screws up on me, forcing me to fix it by wiping my computer completely.

As of right now, if I shut down or restart, anything downloaded, scanned, typed, etc. will get deleted.

Also the virus protection isn't too great either. It asks you 12+ times if you wanna do something, and sometimes after saying yes every time it still won't let you do it. You can shut that off, but doing so also means you shut off your protection.

This is a family computer, and my sisters used to put viruses on our computer when it was XP all the time because they're *******es. I'm still trying to convince my mom to switch us back to XP.
You should get an external hard drive so you can back up all of your important files. Then experiment with it.

But yeah, you guys, either get your own laptop or desktop, or convince your parents to let you switch back to XP.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
wow long time no see and yes 64 was the best
Bomberman 4 Brawl
(Regarding the Character Battle:
Anyone up for voting Sonci against Mew2?
i'm sorry but i'm tired of mario vs sonic but your loving it i guess :)

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably voting Sonic, but I always like to see the score first.

And Agua, seriously, switch back to XP. Vista is crap.

Remember when XP first came out, with no service packs? Yeah. That's what Vista's like.
Yeah, I said I was going to.

I just have to find the discs and I'll do it.

And what happens when you try to play Bomberman 64 online? You said the background was black or something?

RDK

Smash Hero
Bomberman Land actually looks like it's going to be a pretty cool game. Let's just hope it's not another Jetters or Generation. -_-

Supposedly Bomberman Land Touch for the DS got very good reviews, so I don't see why this one can't be even better.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
As I said befooooore, I heard it was rubbish... from people reviewing the Japanese import.

But apparently Aqua knew I was going to say that.
Now you're catching on!

and the Character Battle is going to end as Mario vs. Sonic.

As if we didn't see that coming.

@RDK

It really can't be compared to Jetterz and Generations because Bomberman Land isn't even an adventure game. It's just a classic battle game with a ****load of minigames thrown in. And a weird story mode.

This is probably better considering how much Jetterz and Generations sucked.

MAKE A SEQUEL TO SECOND ATTACK PLEAAAAAAAASE

RDK

Smash Hero
That's what I don't get, is why they don't continue the 64 storyline--or at least a similar premise. That plot with next-gen graphics would own so hard.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
That's what I don't get, is why they don't continue the 64 storyline--or at least a similar premise. That plot with next-gen graphics would own so hard.
The world's best psychologists have wasted years trying to comprehend the logic used by video game companies.

And yes, I agree. As long as they keep Bomberman as the short little robot and not the Master Chief-Samus hybrid.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I think Bomberman would be a awsome addition, since he would have his own fighting style unlike a few swordsmen... Plus he seems he would be a all around character.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
You mean make Bomberman 64 a trilogy?

I wish! Those games were wonderful. Why Hudson decided to go with something new still baffles me today...

Top Bottom