• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well anyway, do you guys think Bomberman has any hope of being revealed in that magazine article that might give the full roster, Coro Coro i think is the one that's giving it.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
^^I wouldn't bank on it... If they do reveal anything at all, it would most likely be simply the starting roster, and all third-party guest characters are pretty much guaranteed to be unlockable. Guess we can keep our fingers crossed for the confirmation of any other returning veterans (*cough*captainfalcon*cough*) and other starting roster first/second party newcomers (Olimar maybe?), but I'm skeptical of even that happening...

IllidR

Smash Champion
^^I wouldn't bank on it... If they do reveal anything at all, it would most likely be simply the starting roster, and all third-party guest characters are pretty much guaranteed to be unlockable. Guess we can keep our fingers crossed for the confirmation of any other returning veterans (*cough*captainfalcon*cough*) and other starting roster first/second party newcomers (Olimar maybe?), but I'm skeptical of even that happening...
I agree completely, the whole thing seems rather "too good to be true." I have a feeling we won't be getting much; although, if we did get Olimar, Captain Falcon, and Bomberman in one sitting that'd sure be a great day.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah, well remember the last time Coro Coro "revealed" something? It was basically just information about the already unveiled Pokemon Trainer. And it seems a bit out of place for Sakurai to have them reveal the information and not say Famitsu - it seems out of place for anyone but Sakurai and Nintendo to be revealing anything about Smash period. Certainly hasn't been the case up until now. But that scan does say something about 30 characters and considering that we have 22 (23 if you count Zamus) at the moment, that leaves room for 8 more. It'll probably be the rest of the returning vets (the ones set to be starters, anyway) and give-away newcomers like Ridley or Krystal. Maybe one token third-party character for good measure. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

EDIT: 100th page woot!

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
:laugh:wow......most of my posts are here and i failed to notice that....

I'm pretty high on that list!

*looks forward to Saturday*

Patinator

Smash Champion
You guys know what this means if Coro Coro reveals 30 characters, and they end up being the starting roster?

AT LEAST 60 CHARACTERS, if you go by logic.

That would give Bomberman a higher chance...

...And Ridley... And Megaman... And K. Rool... And Roy.... And Falco... And Wolf...

...And Blooper, and Mog/Moogle, and... I could go on and on, guys. Should I stop? :p

Oh yeah. Tails for Brawl's comment earlier. Thanks, I suppose big posts do make for respectable members...

YEAH RIGHT, RESPECTED MY LEFT EYE!

It seems you have to be well known in infamous/famous clubs and/or a Moderator/Writer/Senator/Administrator/or even a PREMIUM member to be respected... Meh...

...Although where I get that opinion came from my first thread... Where I posted something that was so effing stupid.......

...Don't look at me like that!

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
You guys know what this means if Coro Coro reveals 30 characters, and they end up being the starting roster?

AT LEAST 60 CHARACTERS, if you go by logic.!
Um... the original Smash Bros. only had 4 hidden characters out of an initial roster of 8. I am not sure on the numbers in Melee, but I can say with reasonable certainty that it didn't double the roster. please don't misconstrue this as saying I don't want more characters, as that would be just awesome; All I am saying is that there is not precedent to go by and if there is logic behind that statement I would like to see how you came to that conclusion.:confused:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
60 characters is a bit much. I couldn't even think of that many deserving characters off the top of my head.

I still think the roster will be from 31-35. A lot of people are saying that the roster will be in the 20s but we are still missing Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falcon, all 3 guys I'm certain would make in. Thats not counting the other newcomers like Krystal.

IllidR

Smash Champion
60 characters is a bit much. I couldn't even think of that many deserving characters off the top of my head.

I still think the roster will be from 31-35. A lot of people are saying that the roster will be in the 20s but we are still missing Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falcon, all 3 guys I'm certain would make in. Thats not counting the other newcomers like Krystal.
And also characters like Mewtwo and Jigglypuff..

Patinator

Smash Champion
Um... the original Smash Bros. only had 4 hidden characters out of an initial roster of 8. I am not sure on the numbers in Melee, but I can say with reasonable certainty that it didn't double the roster. please don't misconstrue this as saying I don't want more characters, as that would be just awesome; All I am saying is that there is not precedent to go by and if there is logic behind that statement I would like to see how you came to that conclusion.:confused:
Err....... Hmm. Y'know what, you're right. I suppose my logic is somewhat flawed; it's more or less 60% speculation, 15% logic, and... 25% optimism...

I'll do up a little chart-like thing here.

Starting Characters

64: 8

Melee: 14

Brawl: Who the heck except Sakurai and his team knows.

Hidden Characters

64: 4

Melee: 11

Brawl: I DON'T KNOW!!!

I was thinking that Melee had about half Hidden and half Starting characters, and was somewhat right. But then, 64 had half as many hidden as starters...

So meh. There goes my whatever-you-call-it. But still, you have to admit: 60 characters would make your Wii explode from the awesomeness.

RDK

Smash Hero

....assuming Krystal will be in.

But yeah, 60 does seem a bit much. I'd rather have them keep the roster a little conservative instead of just throwing in undeserving characters just to brag about having 60.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I don't care if there is only 3 more characters as long as Bomberman is in.

& Ridley & The Knee

RDK

Smash Hero
I don't care if there is only 3 more characters as long as Bomberman is in.

& Ridley & The Knee
Falcon's Knee was actually confirmed by CoroCoro as a SE boss. He'd be too broken as a playable character, and most likely be banned from tournaments.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Err....... Hmm. Y'know what, you're right. I suppose my logic is somewhat flawed; it's more or less 60% speculation, 15% logic, and... 25% optimism...

I'll do up a little chart-like thing here.

Starting Characters

64: 8

Melee: 14

Brawl: Who the heck except Sakurai and his team knows.

Hidden Characters

64: 4

Melee: 11

Brawl: I DON'T KNOW!!!

I was thinking that Melee had about half Hidden and half Starting characters, and was somewhat right. But then, 64 had half as many hidden as starters...

So meh. There goes my whatever-you-call-it. But still, you have to admit: 60 characters would make your Wii explode from the awesomeness.

Brawl: 20 characters (unless you count Zamus?)

Hidden: 14

I come to the conclusion that there will be about 34 characters in Brawl

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Falcon's Knee was actually confirmed by CoroCoro as a SE boss. He'd be too broken as a playable character, and most likely be banned from tournaments.
SE just became unbeatable.

Brawl: 20 characters (unless you count Zamus?)

Hidden: 14

I come to the conclusion that there will be about 34 characters in Brawl
I agree the roster will be around the 35 mark but would you care to explain how you got to your conclusion of 20/14?

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman

I agree the roster will be around the 35 mark but would you care to explain how you got to that conclusion?
Well, it was actually just guessing based solely on the percentage of secret characters in Melee compared to the non-secret characters...

Which somehow got to 34, since I believe all the characters on the DOJO but SNake and Sonic are starters...

Just an assumption basically...

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually, that's where the new Multi-Man Melee mode comes into play. Apparently, you can join up with up to 10 other people online to try and take him down, kind of like an online RPG, and the fastest scores get posted on a leaderboard.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Actually, that's where the new Multi-Man Melee mode comes into play. Apparently, you can join up with up to 10 other people online to try and take him down, kind of like an online RPG, and the fastest scores get posted on a leaderboard.
Pointless. The only thing that would beat The Knee is a bigger Knee.

On topic have you tried Bomberman online through PJ64? Any success?

IF ANYONE HAS A KILLER INSTINCT GOLD ROM PLEASE LINK ME :D

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
Pointless. The only thing that would beat The Knee is a bigger Knee.

On topic have you tried Bomberman online through PJ64? Any success?

IF ANYONE HAS A KILLER INSTINCT GOLD ROM PLEASE LINK ME :D
I still can't get it to work =/

But, of course, we aren't talking about ROMs. Nope. Cause that would be BAD.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
Hm, no flamming when I say this please. I'd love if Bomberman were in, but.

Hudson is a subsidiary of Konami, meaning Bomberman would technically give Konami two reps. I don't think he'll be in for that reason, though it would be awsome if he made it in.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
yea i think 35 will be it but everyone wants like 40-50 and thats just to much think if this isn't the last game of smash then we want more characters we don't want this to be the last one so i say 35=Brawl 48=The next one and so on

Hm, no flamming when I say this please. I'd love if Bomberman were in, but.

Hudson is a subsidiary of Konami, meaning Bomberman would technically give Konami two reps. I don't think he'll be in for that reason, though it would be awsome if he made it in.
Hudson's a part of Nintendo to

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
And speaking of Hudson.....I heard that a new Mario Party game is coming/came out on the Nintendo DS

I'm too lazy to do research myself, so does anyone know if Hudson made this one too?

RDK

Smash Hero
And speaking of Hudson.....I heard that a new Mario Party game is coming/came out on the Nintendo DS

I'm too lazy to do research myself, so does anyone know if Hudson made this one too?
Hudson makes ALL the Mario Party games.

And Bomberman works online--it's just there's something wrong with the graphics that's not compatible with Kaillera or something. All of the menus work, and you can see text on the screen--but the background is pitch black, and you can't see anything when the battle starts. -_-

I'm going to keep tinkering with it, to see if some other graphics configuration works.

~N9NE~, I have a Killer Instinct rom for PJ64, or Mame, or some emulator. I think it was PJ64. I'd have to look on my backup hard drive to find it, because that's where I keep all my junk.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
Hudson made Mario Party DS as well. I just asked because Hudson might not have made it this time, for whatever reason.

I guess I was having a negative moment.

So Project64k is not compatible with Vista. I guess it's back to XP for me.

Then we can all play Smash online.

RDK

Smash Hero
YEAH!
Bomberman all da ****ing way! w00t!

Bomberman for Brawl!
If you want to join the Bomb Squad, the requirements aren't all that hard.

@Patinator:

You've never heard of Kaillera?

And @everyone: in the sad case that I don't get B64 online working, we can always use Mame or the SNES online emlulator to play one of the classic Bomberman games together. There's a pretty fun arcade version of Bomberman that we can play. I'll PM the details if you guys don't have the Mame emulator.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
ok here some news about coro coro they will be revling 30 characters
http://brawlcentral.com/news.php lets see what els BOMBER MAN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
If what that little article says is true, then Bomberman has no chance of being a starter....But I am so sure he'll be in the game! I know it!

And as a hidden character!

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA. Hold the phone, Agua. SMASH online? Um......... Explain PLZ.
Yeah, if you get Project64k and a Smash Bros. 64 ROM......you can pwn some nooblets online.:chuckle:

EDIT:

@RDK

That's a better idea. Besides, an older version of Bomberman would be easier on Patinator's computer.

And maybe Mame or the SNES online emulators are compatible with Vista.....that would save me a lot of work.....

PM me the details pl0x

Patinator

Smash Champion
ZOMG AGUA KNOWS ABOUT MY COMPUTER!!!! STALKER!!!1!1

Here we go again...

But um, ignoring that, ya happy RDK? Waluigi's not gonna be playable. Although I can't seem to remember if you're anti-Waluigi or not, though. Probably.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
ZOMG AGUA KNOWS ABOUT MY COMPUTER!!!! STALKER!!!1!1

Here we go again...

But um, ignoring that, ya happy RDK? Waluigi's not gonna be playable. Although I can't seem to remember if you're anti-Waluigi or not, though. Probably.
Um....you've been talking about your craptastic computer in this thread lol

he is the best! but he is a third party character and most third party characters are hard to get in brawl!!
Me? Yes, I am the best. But I'm totally 1st party, dude.:joyful:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Wow. Waluigi doesn't even throw bomb-ombs? I actually bought in to those stereotypes about him.....

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hey everyone! :)

Bit miffed that Stafy is an AT......I hope Bomberman is in brawl even more now!! (I can't have every character in my sig get deconfirmed! :embarrass)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Hey everyone! :)

Bit miffed that Stafy is an AT......I hope Bomberman is in brawl even more now!! (I can't have every character in my sig get deconfirmed! :embarrass)
Bomberman's greatness doesn't fit in assist trophies. He strikes me as a PC or nothing guy.

Top Bottom