• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Looooooooool D left *goes to edit*

link is better than his mains make him out to be
ganon up.. idunno, i just feel that samus and jiggs are terribad, even compared to ganon

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Looooooooool D left *goes to edit*

link is better than his mains make him out to be
ganon up.. idunno, i just feel that samus and jiggs are terribad, even compared to ganon
When most Link mains make arguments that he is worse than Ganondorf and is the worst character in the game, you know they have no self esteem.

Link isn't great, but some Link mains really undermine what he can do.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Played with him once. He sandbagged extremely hard, said he didnt want to play Brawl.

But Falcon is just... Falcon. Meh, maybe it's because I don't like him, butut I would like to know what makes him better than ****.

:053:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Thanks mayne. Imo, a lot of characters are viable or capable of doing well, which is why I have such large tiers dedicated to those characters.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Until someone actually does this it's theorycraft. The deadzone is pretty small and generally you will only have it happen if the ZS is spacing terribly and side bs while moving at you while you are standing still. If she's retreating in the air the tipper hitbox covers where the deadzone used to be. If she's grounded you can fall right into it, but once again it's tight spacing, I doubt the larger framed characters could even possibly do it.

Side b has 12 frames of shield hit lag so it's -22 if it hits a PS. However if spaced a tipper range I'm still doubtful MK could punish.

Also Shaya a disjoint can also be a hitbox that extends past her actual body, just because there isn't any invincibility on her legs doesn't necessarily exclude the existence of a place where she can hit you but can't be hit. Any ZS knows that her hitboxes on certain moves extend far beyond the actual legs. Uair is a particularly obvious one.
THANK YOU for that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
In tournaments Lucas never places lol
Because no one wants to use such a meh character. Though Lucas is not as bad as everyone is rating him. O_o

He is the best Low tier and pretty much has a solid advantage over everyone in the Low tier by like 6/4 but Yoshi which beats him 6/4. (Mario and Link go even with him imo)

Lucas could be mid-tier but probably one of the worst characters in Mid-tier. The highest Lucas would ever get is D tier but that is even stretching it beyond belief. He is such a mediocre character plus he can't beat common tournament characters. (Diddy he goes pretty even with and same with ICs 55:45 Lucas losing to both.)

Lucas should possible be around Shiek/Sonic/PT on the tier scale. But that's just my opinion :laugh:

He isn't gonna go anywhere but down because no one uses him that much and why use him unless you like to xD

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
He is the best Low tier and pretty much has a solid advantage over everyone in the Low tier by like 6/4 but Yoshi which beats him 6/4. (Mario and Link go even with him imo)
Incorrect.

Ike beats Lucas. Nor should he be mid-tier. Not by a long shot.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ike does not beat Lucas? The MU is even...oops I forgot about Ike in the bracket thingy with Mario and Link. However it hasn't been discussed yet. =P

However I want Lucas to stay LT. He could move up though however is Metagame is not gonna improve by much if any and if he stays in Low tier he has a chance of winning Low tier tournies. (Unless there is an evil horde of Yoshi's in the brackets x_x)

Ike could move up and I'd be cool with that :o

My god I forgot so many characters x_x Samus is beaten like 55:45 on our MU boards when we discussed it so not a huge advantage but a small one.

This arguement is not winnable for Lucas at all because he sucks too much but eh had to give at least some sort of shot =P

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Because no one wants to use such a meh character. Though Lucas is not as bad as everyone is rating him. O_o

Lucas could be mid-tier but probably one of the worst characters in Mid-tier. The highest Lucas would ever get is D tier but that is even stretching it beyond belief. He is such a mediocre character plus he can't beat common tournament characters. (Diddy he goes pretty even with and same with ICs 55:45 Lucas losing to both.)

Lucas should possible be around Shiek/Sonic/PT on the tier scale. But that's just my opinion :laugh:

He isn't gonna go anywhere but down because no one uses him that much and why use him unless you like to xD
Lucas is NOT the best LT, he loses to ness and yoshi who are both better charcters overall. Sure you have an advantage over the uber LT's, but a loss against 2 of the better chars hurts you.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Question: would it matter if Low Tier Character X beat all of the other low tiers if he did worse against high tiers or those who matter?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nope and that's why discussing LT characters is pointless. None of them are good at all really.

Ness isn't Low tier anymore :p

well I said my part so I'm out :3

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Question: would it matter if Low Tier Character X beat all of the other low tiers if he did worse against high tiers or those who matter?
Bingo.

LT MUs only come into play when they do about even against the higher tiered characters, because, because let's face it, how often is a ness gonna run into a jiggs in brackets? They're the most unlikely MUs to occur ever, and the tierlist reflects that.

Now if it were a LT tier list, that would be different, but it's not.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ike does not beat Lucas
Lucas loses to Bowser, Yoshi, and Ness. (all slight disadvantage)
He has better MU's than most low tier characters.

D

Deleted member

A few things:
Sonic is a lot better than yoshi.
Yoshi is low tier
Lucas is not a good character sorry. He gets absolutely molested by 4 or more of the high tier, and doesnt beat or go even with any of them (maybe D3? idk but that is a useless matchup to go even in)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think Ike beats Lucas pretty solidly. But then again, no one even cares about that MU.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well let me tell you. They are gonna say that PK Fire is gonna keep people away....or a good projectile. I really don't think they've met a PS yet....

Lucas vs. DDD even? Some one explain I didn't know that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lucas does lose a slight advantage to Diddy ICs Lucario Pikachu and Olimar. (45:55) him losing.

@burntsocks: who ever said Lucas was good? O_o And D3 is such a bad MU for him >_> 30:70

@Iblis: heya ^_^

@San: the MU really is unimportant. Though when our threads discuss the MU then we will really find out :laugh:
but I agree not really worth the time

lol nooooow I'm done hopefully. Just look @ board MUs to see what the MUs are

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh boy. I hope this entire conversation just avoids Yoshi. So boring and idiotic.
SORRY SON BUT YOU LOSEEEE.

Let's talk about Yoshi everyone lol.

Scatz you play the bird you used to hate with a passion now?

I gonna miss our Yoshi vs Fox matches though.

Well it will be good pratice to get ready for Kismet then......I can't believe you came to the lasers.

bigman40

Smash Master
It is what it is man. I might pull Yoshi whenever I feel like it though.

Plus, most people will get stuff wrong about why Yoshi isn't that good. It's just annoying and I would rather it be avoided than seeing stupid posts.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Plus, most people will get stuff wrong about why Yoshi isn't that good. It's just annoying and I would rather it be avoided than seeing stupid posts.
Can you tell me about Yoshi and his strs and weaknesses? Idk anything about him.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Ike beats Lucas by some token small amount but, once again, the chance of that match-up happening in a tournament is pretty low anyway.

Ike's match-ups are pretty much based on what tier the opposing character is in, anyway. If you're a low tier (not named Samus) you're probably losing to him 45-55 or 40-60. If you're a mid tier it's generally a toss up with Ike beating characters such as Bowser and Luigi and losing to stuff like Fox. The higher you go up the higher the chance of Ike being more easily exploited by the character in question, which is pretty much the mark of being a high tier. With some notable exceptions that are even or close to it in the upper tiers (see: Game and Watch, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Wario, Kirby) fighting with Ike in high tier matches is pretty much an uphill battle. And ultimately, that's what matters.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Ima beat you ova the head with some 2 liter Big K if you don't play me with that green dino every now and then.

But yea I feel ya man, do what you gotta do. We can pratice the Fox vs. Falco MU together at least.....uhh we talk about this more but not on this thread XD

D

Deleted member

Yoshi overview of the century :p
Strengths:
Lots of mixups
Combos and can reliably rack up damage
Aerial Grab that ***** face.
Amazing juggle game
Good aerial speed
Versitile projectile against some characters.

Weaknesses:
Once hes in shield, you can just walk next to him and **** him when he tries to get out, or if your snake u can just break his shield if he doesnt spotdodge xD
Has trouble killing
Trouble avoiding grabs.
He kinda has a lot of blind spots where he can hit, but opponents can put him in a bad position from these spots.
Loses to MK really badly (bad weakness xD)
Recovery can be abused by some characters.

Uhh its hard to explain his weaknesses really, his main one imo is that there are lots of areas that opponents who know how to fight against him can go to kinda screw him over.
Hes solid against mid level players and below though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom