• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Enough with the Pit hate, please :lick: We get it, lol. Lots of people have been ranting about it since the last list which was over 6 months ago >_<. Move on, and get over it. The next list is coming out soon anyway.
Why would we get over the single worse character positioning in any of the tier lists so far, caused by the stupidest logic ever used?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We are more precisely defining tiers and grouping characters into them right now.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I would hope so.

And they have to make it all look nice/try to head off frequently asked questions/prepare themselves for the incoming firestorm of pure burning hatred.

EDIT: I like my answer more than DMG's. It's more accurate.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
MK in his own super tier finally.

I'm glad that Fox mystery hype train seems to be rolling full steam. Preparing for Mario to drop again. :( (Yoshi and Ike should rise).

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Enough with the Pit hate, please :lick: We get it, lol. Lots of people have been ranting about it since the last list which was over 6 months ago >_<. Move on, and get over it. The next list is coming out soon anyway.

I will get over it if Pit drops at least 4 spots. I wouldnt bother seeing drop more either, but his +4 rise should be erased from the tier list.

:052:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Why would we get over the single worse character positioning in any of the tier lists so far, caused by the stupidest logic ever used?
You probably don't even know the logic since you aren't apart of the BBR.

Olimar moved up +8 on Tier List v.2
Peach moved up +5 on Tier List v.2

Sonic moved +8 on the Tier List v.3
Wario moved up +5 on Tier List v.3
Pokemon Trainer moved up +5 on Tier List v.3

What was the logic behind those huge jumps?

Pit's couldn't be the worse considering how badly placed the characters above have been. They have moved up and down far more than Pit, and when he moved a merely 4 spots, smashers cried like a baby.

The game has only been out for 2 years, so this list, the next, and the others past will be useless once we learn more about the game.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You probably don't even know the logic since you aren't apart of the BBR.

Olimar moved up +8 on Tier List v.2
Peach moved up +5 on Tier List v.2

Sonic moved +8 on the Tier List v.3
Wario moved up +5 on Tier List v.3
Pokemon Trainer moved up +5 on Tier List v.3

What was the logic behind those huge jumps?

Pit's couldn't be the worse considering how badly placed the characters above have been. They have moved up and down far more than Pit, and when he moved a merely 4 spots, smashers cried like a baby.

The game has only been out for 2 years, so this list, the next, and the others past will be useless once we learn more about the game.

Maybe... you know, because they deserved it since their metagame improved, whereas Pit's metagame didnt improve at all?! Simple logic. They got better. Pit didnt get better, he just got a simple random jump, and he isnt that good. At least TL, ZSS, Kirby and Peach are better than him. Fox, R.O.B. and DK are debatable.

:052:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Pit was raised solely on "potential". Not results like Sonic. Not a better understanding of the game like Olimar or Peach. Pure and simple "he has the potential to have a good planking game", which was later proven with frame data to not be as nearly as good as they though.

It was the single most illogical movement of any character in any tier list from the BBR. Sonic's was justified, maybe one or two spots too much but still justified. Wario was doing amazingly well at the time, his jump was justified. Olimar and Peach jumped because we actually began to understand how this game works, his jump was justified by that and tournament results saying they should be higher. PT I still believe was too high too soon, but he did need a jump of some sort.

Pit did not need a jump at all, and instead received one for no logical reason. Tournament results said he was fine where he was. Tournament results for Pit have not reflected his newest placement in the slightest. It was a terrible idea all around, and it would have been practical to boot the idiots who voted him that high out of the BBR. They lack basic common sense: if it hasn't been proven, you can't use it in a list that uses only facts, not "potential".

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pit was raised solely on "potential". Not results like Sonic. Not a better understanding of the game like Olimar or Peach. Pure and simple "he has the potential to have a good planking game", which was later proven with frame data to not be as nearly as good as they though.

It was the single most illogical movement of any character in any tier list from the BBR. Sonic's was justified, maybe one or two spots too much but still justified. Wario was doing amazingly well at the time, his jump was justified. Olimar and Peach jumped because we actually began to understand how this game works, his jump was justified by that and tournament results saying they should be higher. PT I still believe was too high too soon, but he did need a jump of some sort.

Pit did not need a jump at all, and instead received one for no logical reason. Tournament results said he was fine where he was. Tournament results for Pit have not reflected his newest placement in the slightest. It was a terrible idea all around, and it would have been practical to boot the idiots who voted him that high out of the BBR. They lack basic common sense: if it hasn't been proven, you can't use it in a list that uses only facts, not "potential".
Yes you are right. It hasn't been proven in America, but Masashi has proven it in Japan. Therefore, the potential is there, but just not shown where your eyes can see it. Believe what you want, everyone's opinion is justified in their own reasoning.

I still wouldn't call the BBR idiots >_<

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Japan =/= NA+Europe. Two COMPLETELY different metagames. One does not affect the other.

And the guy who voted Pit that high wanted him in A tier. Ya, I'm saying that's a serious lack of common sense right there.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Japan? Different metagame entirely, and a VASTLY different stagelist, ruleset, and competitive ideals. They don't even play for money!

Next person who ever brings up Japan in our tier list discussion should be slapped.

The ONLY valid reason to bring Japan up is if you're talking about the players that come over here AND PLACED in OUR tournaments, using OUR rules.

>:l

Edit: Ffff, ninjad.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that Kirby, who to the best of my memory started in low A tier, and is now low C tier... I think he will go back up a bit, but I also wouldn't mind him going down... after all, the tier list doesn't make characters better or worse, and imo, Kirby is still one of the better characters (I may be a teensy bit biased), and even if he drops to D or something, it doesn't make him worse... maybe it would give my opponents less of an excuse when I beat their B tiers with Kirbeh... lol

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Kirby's one dimensional, and only has one or two people getting consistent results. (y.b.M. and Chu, as far as I know)

As DMG has said in the past, "Kirby has nowhere to go but down."

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The ruleset in Japan might be slightly different than in the USA and europe but no so much that the difference in regards to Pit would be notable. The BBR ruleset has no ledge grab limit and actively supports planking as a tactic - the japanese ruleset has often a ledge grab limit, uses air time in case of a timeout and has no counterpicks where Pit could make notable use of his flexibility.

All in all the US ruleset is a better basis for Pit to be successful than the japanese.

Saying the japanese have a different metagame is a strawman. Point in case is that the japanese have simply developed the character far more than the US did. Earth placed top 20 at Apex and he's not even the best Pit in Japan. Masashi has taken sets off a player who placed 7th or 8th at Apex [his Falco and his MK] and most of the japanese top players as well.
You can't say that Brood's success doesn't matter because japan has a different metagame. So what? He's still good enough to beat two of the world's best players at the same tournament and he's not even the best Olimar in japan.

Are results from Europe and America the only things that matter? It's sad to see that people disregard the japanese when they are obviously better at this game.

:059:

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
the BBR Discussion Thread about Yoshi was a catastrophe D:
Why?

And about Peach I don't really get why she should move any lower, she's a pretty good character with a lot of players repping her, I think she should've been mid-high tier since v4, like about 13-16th.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The ruleset in Japan might be slightly different than in the USA and europe but no so much that the difference in regards to Pit would be notable. The BBR ruleset has no ledge grab limit and actively supports planking as a tactic - the japanese ruleset has often a ledge grab limit, uses air time in case of a timeout and has no counterpicks where Pit could make notable use of his flexibility.

All in all the US ruleset is a better basis for Pit to be successful than the japanese.

Saying the japanese have a different metagame is a strawman. Point in case is that the japanese have simply developed the character far more than the US did. Earth placed top 20 at Apex and he's not even the best Pit in Japan. Masashi has taken sets off a player who placed 7th or 8th at Apex [his Falco and his MK] and most of the japanese top players as well.
You can't say that Brood's success doesn't matter because japan has a different metagame. So what? He's still good enough to beat two of the world's best players at the same tournament and he's not even the best Olimar in japan.

Are results from Europe and America the only things that matter? It's sad to see that people disregard the japanese when they are obviously better at this game.

I smell Inui logic.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Brood has come to USA and placed 2nd. That is different than Masashi of whom we only have some vids and tourney results. Surely Masashi might come to a national and get first. However, he might also get 33th. We dont know that, but he does have the potential to get high with Pit. There you have that word again. Potential.

Furthermore:
- Masashi beat Rain = Inui logic.
- Since when are they obviously better at this game?
- The ruleset might not be different (it is, btw, regardless) but the metagame is certainly different.

:053:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Realistically, neither ruleset is pleasant for Pit lol. LGL's are used in most tournaments despite whatever the BBR would advocate, and Japan's longer timer doesn't help out Pit too much either.

Last list had Pit a bit high, but in the right tier. There's no way Pit is top 10 in the game, I think even the strongest Pit Fanboy would acknowledge that. Past that, he has some strong competition for spots. Lucario and ZSS easily have better results than Pit, G&W is up for grabs I would still have G&W over Pit, and you could make a case for TL as well. Now past that, I would indeed have Pit over ROB and Kirby. He is also better than those below him like DK, Peach, Luigi, etc

Tl:dr Pit is a bit high, but partially because other characters were underrated next to him. ZSS and TL could go above him, and he'd be in the right spot IMO.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Japan =/= NA+Europe. Two COMPLETELY different metagames. One does not affect the other.

And the guy who voted Pit that high wanted him in A tier. Ya, I'm saying that's a serious lack of common sense right there.
If your referencing to the BBR discussion about Pit, then...lol. One person's vote cannot make a huge impact when the BBR has like 70+ members. It had to be a collection of ideas and votes, and it was even stated that the characters within the tier mattered, and not where they exactly placed on the list.

Oh well, believe what you want, I'm done.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh lord

I went back over the list again

LOL oh man Pit mains are gonna rage a bit

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's not where he was placed, but rather who got ahead of him.

Blue

Albert.

Smash Master
Kirby is bad and if you play him you should feel bad.
Says the Ike main xD

Kind of have to agree xD

BTW why do people still forget that KoolAid still places top3 or top 5 at every N.E. tourney?

Him and fatal usually win doubles too...

And I don't want to hear about how N.E. doesn't have good players lol COUGH Fatal, LingLing, Dazwa, Bloodcross...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Considering this tier list is based off the American/European metagames, and say for the most part yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom