• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dk's grab comes out on frame 7...
i still think it's possible to shieldash in on an upsmash and grab before fox can shine or spotdodge if it's frame perfect. i don't think it's possible if you lightshield, though. you can always do mindgame shenanigans at that point, though. most foxes wouldn't think to grab someone coming toward them.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
shut up dogy

stupid seanson's hitbox thing putting "7.00" in the image when it's FRAME 8
okay so yeah dk's grab is 1 frame slower than some other grabs. point being that DK's grab isn't slow KFC AND YOU'RE WRONG LOL

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
o_O ok

fox usmashes dk's shield. dk's shield gets hitstun... dk wavedashes in and grabs...

all fox has to do is shine after usmash and it'll interrupt the grab, and maybe even the wavedash.

my c0ck is bigger than yours!

^_^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
How long can DK chaingrab (just normal cargo up throw to regrab) space animals before they can shine/double jump?

I'm thinking about being as gay as possible today at apex. Also, I haven't used DK in ages, so I dunno how well I can even SH Uair now lol. Normally, I would just practice tech before the tourney, but I have an exam this morning. After the exam, time for warmups/friendlies should be over when I get at the venue >_>

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think it goes until at least like 45-50%, at which point you can just upair -> pawnch.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It seems to be around 30-40%

And um, yeah, Jman is **** lol. 222 hard to grab.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Dude, he was Falco on PS. His tech skill and reading is crazy.

However, I studied your Fox edgeguarding 101 video before the tourney and because of that, I was able to get a stock off xD

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It most definitely combos on DK. At 0%, he'll have almost no stun from the uthrow, thats why he can uair out. Over 20%-30% it combos, regardless of d.i.
^RaynEX's response to me saying DK can Uair out of Fox's upthrow combo.

After rewatching Fox vs Dk vids, especially Zel vs Mxn and it seems to discredit this. Apparently DK can even Bair (if he DI's in back of Fox) or double jump out.

*waits for Mexican's input :p*

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
^RaynEX's response to me saying DK can Uair out of Fox's upthrow combo.

After rewatching Fox vs Dk vids, especially Zel vs Mxn and it seems to discredit this. Apparently DK can even Bair (if he DI's in back of Fox) or double jump out.

*waits for Mexican's input :p*
DI to fox's front. You'll get out...DI to his back and DK get kicked in the junk. I wouldn't recommend trying moves out of it unless your opponent hesitates or messes up. Me personally, i'd usually just try to play it safe and DI away and double jump away and just get to the ground. DK is very limited on his ability to get back down when he has an opponent beneath him, and fox is definitely not someone you want to give a free shot to when he's below you...

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Happy birthday StrongBad!!! Go get wasted! 17 years old is plenty old enough. lol. You know, us Mexicans' drinking age is like...2 or 3. We go straight from baby bottle to beer bottle. lol...You're 17 right? somewhere around there

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
thanks though. :p
i hav received new dk powerz upon my day of birth, i shall now pwn all tourneys.

as for the DIing thing, i always DI in front of fox. like Mex said DIing behind Fox gets you a b-air in the face, which is almost as deadly as an up-air, but the worst they can do if you go in front of them is a nair unless you mess up sdiing the u-air. you can also up-air out of it until about 26%, since DK's up-air comes out on frame 5 or so (thereabouts, i'll check when I get home) cuz DK's a beast. I definitely would NOT recommend DIing behind Fox in an attempt to back-air him. It doesn't work unless the Fox really sucks.

just a thought: it might be possible to up-b out of it. i don't know what frame aerial up-b comes out (i can check that when I get home too lol) but it comes out really fast like up-air. not sure.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
F***ing what? XD

I didnt see a disclaimer for the safety of animals at the end of that, either. >.>
I had some other good matches like that one, but they got lost somewhere. lol. The combo that i almost pulled of on Mikkuz, i actually did pull off on KFC in one match, but i lost the disc. lol. (in reference to the match on battlefield that i almost did a death combo)

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I gotta work tomorrow. Can't. And dude..i'm not coming over at 3 in the morning. lol. I'll probably get yelled at by your mom. lol. She already hates Mike, i don't need her hating me too. lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's so unorthodox that it would never be expected, and thus the opponent would never properly DI against it purposefully
it'll also NEVER be a common combo, so yayuhz.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
1) It's not a super good one, other people just suck there. By people I mean players, not their characters. 2) Falco can't laser spam well either. 3) Acid is cool. 4) Platforms are your friend. 5) Ledge-hanging tricks. But mostly acid is cool.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
hey strongbad

i tested ur theory of dk being able to wavedash in and grab after a fox usmash on shield...

and it works!

i shouldnt have contradicted u my master

ur **** is bigger than mine ( a rare feat, u should be happy)

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
hey strongbad

i tested ur theory of dk being able to wavedash in and grab after a fox usmash on shield...

and it works!

i shouldnt have contradicted u my master

ur **** is bigger than mine ( a rare feat, u should be happy)
well when we tested it, it worked when dk was really close to fox and was only regular shielding, it doesn't work after a light shield or if you're far away

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I've got a money match with Kage at Genesis, i'll try to get it recorded for you guys. I'm not so hot on vs ganon, but i'll do my best. If any of you will be at Genesis, you guys should check it out. I'm going to try to get money matches against a lot of pro players and get them recorded. If you guys want to see me play anyone or any character in particular, let me know and i'll try a money match against them. Try not to bankrupt me though. lol
Good luck vs kage.

It'll be fun to meet you at genesis, I kinda started playing DK a bit especially in doubles for fun.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
in anybodys opinion what is DK's best map?
My personal favorite is pokemon stadium, but that doesn't mean it's his best. It really depends on what character you're playing against. Pokemon stadium is a pretty safe bet against just about anybody though. Your safest bets are pokemon stadium and dreamland overall, but it you generally wouldn't take a jigglypuff to dreamland though...

Top Bottom