• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Offical Maryland Vs. Virginia "B Team" Discussion *this sh*t is happening ppl*

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
CK not good enough for B team? =0
well, I'm really close to CK, and I don't think I am good enough. sooooo, yeah. but whatever, he's still > fats

not his falcon though, ugh.

oh and chozen, there's a difference between sandbagging and just sucking...

hahahaha! jk, chozen is my hero, in teams. "what, I grab your partner and get rested for it?"

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Fats - Thanks for that. This is a bad discussion and you guys can't stick with one list for some reason. It's a b-team crew battle, and doesn't really require 280+ responses.

How about you people just do draft state crew battles at every tournament where there are enough participants until one state finally loses enough of them to bugger off?

There's more time spent discussing players than there is actually crew battling, and that's why this discussion is gay, every other post is one guy riding another. I love crew battles but they barely ever happen at tournaments because people need to make up lists and all this nonsense.

hova

Smash Champion
when are people gonna learn to just ignore fats, he says ******** things

like him being as good as CK, lmfao

or him takin 4 stock off of MD b team, not happening

didnt' blues already win this crew battle

and y the *** is everyone so cocky lately, just play ***** melee and try and get better, and when u get better don't brag or look around for props just keep playing and improving

i know how good i am, i have nothing to prove. VA is gay

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
since when can the hype man not handle some trash talk?

and ask ck how much better he is than me, and I admitted to him being better btw.

anywho, since I'll probably not be anywhere near this crew battle, I wish VA the best. I'll stop judging and giving my opinion. It's not needed, hova is right.

I think I'm going to focus soley on SoVa fests and what not. I don't know what the deal is this summer if I'll be down at school or not, so I'm assuming I wont be playing you DC metro smashers for a long while.

Peace Playas

Wuss

Smash Champion
My school had this thing today called "Diversity Day". It was kind of stupid, but we dealt with the issue of insensitivity to any/all groups that are stereotypically used in everyday language. We talked a lot about things exactly like appletree's post. I realize that at least one person will call me a *** or gay for this post, but I don't really care...
I realize that this isn't really the topic, but I think it should be addressed nonetheless. I'm personally not offended by the posts of, "this thread is gay", or Hova's, "VA is gay", I even think that they are slightly funny, but at the same time, I can't help but think that our society isn't exactly at the point where we can just throw around stereotypical slurs and expect no one to care. It's true that this is an online forum, and things such as that happen to be said quite often, but I still think that if you want to say, "this is gay" or whatever, just say, "this is stupid" or "this is a pink-bellied-stinktounge". At least be creative with your insults...

Anyways, on topic: I agree that there shouldn't really be this much arguement over a f****** b team crew battle, but I guess that VA (that includes me) should get their act together and come up with a list. Whatever...

Doll

Smash Journeyman
:< Masa is good, anyone who said he's not good for B team consideration should get hang by their roasted intestines.

I meant that with love of course.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Wow...Before even reading Hova's post, I said "Since when is gay a slur?" *Pound @ Hova.
I can't stand seeing posts about nonsense like that...It doesn't really belong here anyway. That's pretty gay, Wuss. -.-

Wuss

Smash Champion
actually, how is gay, the way you used it in your post hova, not offensive? It was loaded with negative conotations and you know it. You can't call test, "white" or "black", but you can call it "gay"? That's just stupid...
also, plank and EE, wow, if you actually read my post, then you would have known that I said that people would call me gay for that post. And if you did read it, then that joke really isn't funny, and shouldn't have been posted...

Fonz

Smash Ace
also, plank and EE, wow, if you actually read my post, then you would have known that I said that people would call me gay for that post. And if you did read it, then that joke really isn't funny, and shouldn't have been posted...
I'm pretty sure they did read your post, and posted what they did for that reason. I found it funny =P

That being said, gay certainly is an offensive word to many. I use gay all the time, and usually not to mean happy or someone who prefers sodomy. Just as a word for anything negative. Probably shouldn't, but eh a lesbian called me a ****** last week for a fat joke, so go figure. Its not good that the word has 2 meanings to me, both often considered negative but thats how it is.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I'm not notorious for sandbagging =(

But really Masa, beating me at my house and beating me in c3 tourney are not the same. I mean, you know my style pretty well, I'd just have to change it barely.
Redd, I miss you man.... *looks around* Blue Bawls MM at Pound 2 son. Letz goez.

cmart

Smash Lord
My school had this thing today called "Diversity Day". It was kind of stupid, but we dealt with the issue of insensitivity to any/all groups that are stereotypically used in everyday language. We talked a lot about things exactly like appletree's post. I realize that at least one person will call me a *** or gay for this post, but I don't really care...
I realize that this isn't really the topic, but I think it should be addressed nonetheless. I'm personally not offended by the posts of, "this thread is gay", or Hova's, "VA is gay", I even think that they are slightly funny, but at the same time, I can't help but think that our society isn't exactly at the point where we can just throw around stereotypical slurs and expect no one to care. It's true that this is an online forum, and things such as that happen to be said quite often, but I still think that if you want to say, "this is gay" or whatever, just say, "this is stupid" or "this is a pink-bellied-stinktounge". At least be creative with your insults...
Ask a gay smasher if they're offended. If people were going around casually saying fa**ot or d*ke as a derogatory term than I think we might have a problem, but I don't really see that so yeah.

As an example, I have no prob with me and my gay roommate throwing the word gay around. But when someone wrote *** on our apartment door, I was furious and wanted to kick whoever did its ***.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
If you call a mentally ******** person a ******, does it offend him/shock other people around him?

I mean...it is politically correct right?

But whatever. Everyone's gay. HAPPY AMIRITE?!?!!

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you call a mentally ******** person a ******, does it offend him/shock other people around him?

I mean...it is politically correct right?

But whatever. Everyone's gay. HAPPY AMIRITE?!?!!
I'm pretty happy at the moment.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
people should just focus on what people MEAN instead of what people SAY. example, when someone says marths tipper is "gay", they obviously dont mean any disrespect to homosexuals at all, they are just talking about the cheapness of the move.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
this thread was cooler when people were arguing about who should be on what team
the gay discussion is so overdone :|

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
i mean really that discussion about gay and words dont mean ****

if you know how to use when to use words then it shouldent be a problem unless you feel insecure about how you talk =o

Wuss

Smash Champion
Actually, I use gay a lot when I play video games, I guess I'm just trying to raise the awareness...
G-reg, just because I meant something completely innocuous, and I happened to say something extremely offensive, and everyone around me is extremely offended by what I said, regardless of what I meant, then it's perfectly ok...?? I'm pretty sure get my point, obviously it's an exaggeration, but nevertheless the point is valid. I do agree though that in a perfect world, everyone would know what others mean, and not what they say, but we don't live in that world, so I think that it's important to realize that everything we say can be interpreted in many different ways.
For instance, I was talking with one of my friends who happens to be a girl, and she said some random comment like, "that was amazing" or something to that affect, and I replied with, "your mom's amazing". Right then she informed me that her mom is dead, and I felt pretty horrible. The worst part is, that somewhere in my mind, I already knew that, and for that second, instead of thinking, I decided to say whatever came to my mind first. Luckily this was a good friend, and she didn't get angry like someone I didn't know could have.

btw tope, isn't this more productive than the previoud converstation...

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Va has so many stand out players, then a few solid ones, then a whole slew of pretty much equally skilled people. the Va community isn't as intact as maryland. hence, we get DRAMA b*tches!

but yeah, some find it entertaining, other not so much. but point in fact, this thread is the only one with any activity really.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeah, VA is pretty amazing and what not. We have Tope =)

Forget about words, I feel sick for VA Tech. You guys see the pics he sent to NBC?

kirbstir

Smash Lord
If someone can't see that "your mom was amazing" meant no disrespect and is just something stupid you say, are they really someone you want to be friends with?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
fux wuss's topic it really is a dumb topic no joke if someone cant deal wiht *words* they need to be re evaulated into society =o

Wuss

Smash Champion
I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that (especially because of how many mom jokes I make). But above all, how did my friend feel after I said this? I'm guessing she hid her emotions, considering I would feel at least a little sad after someone said that.
CK: what do you mean can't deal with words? Words are the most powerful source of communication we have (jokes aside, cause clearly the cell phone is more powerful...), and communication is one of the most important thing we have, so if we can't do that right, who are we as a species?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
see wuss soceity is changing alot, words have become a place where anyword can be called bad ...*anyword* like for example did you herar about Don Imus and how he got fired ? from cbs <-- i tihnk thats wrong but he got fired for saying *nappy headed hoes* while commenting on a championship basketball game but to say that on radio.. soceity deems it as a racial slur. But when he said it he was laughing as a jokling matter but it didnt matter what his emotion was during it. it apprantley hurt the rutgers womens basketball team really bad.. but from a couple words the guy got fired... how can someone be affected so much by words that they would get a guy fired ? if you honestly think that words can hurt someone so much than society as a future is scrwed we might as well not talk anymore if anything can be accounted as bad now to relate back to don imus why is that when famous rap artists can say the word ******* degrade women by saying *****es and hoes and they never get fired or anything.. is it beacause its a form of art?

.. Communication now is going downhill with our younger generation and how they use words properly to be honest you prolly only use at the most 200 diffrent words each day.... now someone being called *gay* cause he did something really really cheap everyone expects it to be in a joke manner. when you think about it when you said *your mom is amazing* and she said her moms dead... how the heck did you know that her mom was dead you only tried to make a silly fun comment.. all you had to do is say srry. like girls in school joke around wiht there friends that they say omg you look like a H.oe today ! and then they'll call them a sl.ut or b.itch but in a joke manner.. some girls say omg you blonde ditz to one another degrading girls with blonde hair but they have blonde hair themselves.. its just how people say stuff nowadays.. Really words have no power unless you put emotion into it.. the topic you talk about is really not worth mentioning if only you talk about gay and ****** and all that ....i mean with boys they do the same stuff except they are like Hey! Fa.g*! but when you get down to the point the only time Words REALLY hurt is when you put the Right emotion into it..

ramble ramble ramble now back to VA b team discussion

Top Bottom