• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Offical Lucario Thread of Unofficial Business

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
i sure cant... especially when their COULD be a better one than the ones that we have

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
...Submit your votes now!! What will become Lucario's theme song and official fighting style? YOU DECIDE! *points at you like Phoenix Wright would say "OBJECTION"*
Enyoy:
: ............_,-~'¯ ; ; ; ; ;'\\,----,................................................................,~ . . . . . . . . . . __,-~~'¯
.........,_,-~'¯; ; ; ; ;,-'¯¯¯ '¯~'\\,|,........................................................_,-~' . . . . . . . ._,--~'¯¯
...... '¯¯; ; ; ; ; ;_. ,/' . . .¯'o~- '|................................................_,-~-~'¯ . , . . . . ¯¯\\, . . '\\,
......¯¯,-~*_ . /' . '\\| . . . . . . . .'\\......................................._,-~*'¯,/',/' . . . . .¯¯¯'~----,,,\\,,,, .'\\,
...........¯¯--, .'\\, . . . . . . ,--~-,' '|....TAKE THAT!........._,-~*'¯ ; ;;;;; | .| . . . . . . . . . . . : . .|¯'*| .|
................."\\,-'¯|, . . .,/' ¯¯'-/'/......................._,-~'¯¯; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;; '| .'| . . . . . . . . . .___,,--~'~|
...................| . . '\\, . . '\\,; ; ;|/'.__,-~~--,_,/'¯¯'~'¯; ; ;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; '|,'\\, ---,_,,---~¯\\\\~'¯¯,--~/
................../'____ `~-,,,--~¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; /' ; ;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'\\, .'~-,,-~~---~'~---~~¯
................,/'¯'\\, . .¯¯,~';;;;;;; ; ;/' ; ; ; ; ; ;;;;;/ ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'~,--~¯¯';,/'
..............,/',--,-~',_,~ ;/';;;;;;;;;/';; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'~-,_,/'/'
..........,,~'| /' /' . ,~'~-,;;;;;;;;;;;;|;; ;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ;,__,,,,,,-----~~¯
......,~ ,/'/'/ : | .,/';;;,~';;;;;;;;;;;;'\\,;;;;;; ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;_,-~¯¯
....,/' ;,/;;;|' : ;|,/';;-~' ¯¯¯ ;;;;;;;;;;\\, ; ; ;;;;;;; ;_,,,---~~'¯¯
...,|;;;;'|;;;| :,/';;,~' |;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; '\\;;;;; ; ;;,/'
...|';;;;;'|;;| /',~';;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;~-~¯/
..,|;|;;;;;\\;||/';;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;/'
,/'|;'|;;;;;;,|';;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ;,/'
;;;|;|;;;;,|';;;;;;;;;;|';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; ; ;,/'

Sorry if it was already posted...

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
I vote for these two also.
Got both of the votes. Wow, Aura-Fu pulled ahead of Aurate now. o.O

Also, the funny thing about Linkin Park is that I only listen to Hybrid Theory nowadays. Their first CD was their best one, IMO.

Milln

Smash Champion
I've got the Lucario dance in my head. If you hear about a lethal explosion of concentrated Awesome in Tennessee, you'll know it was me. Make sure my wake's good, guys.

Stayin' Alive gets my vote for the song.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I've got the Lucario dance in my head. If you hear about a lethal explosion of concentrated Awesome in Tennessee, you'll know it was me. Make sure my wake's good, guys.

Stayin' Alive gets my vote for the song.
then stayin alive it is...

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure noone else would vote for it, but my idea for a song would be I Am Mine from Pearl Jam.
Still Stayin' Alive is still better, so just stick to it =D

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Added two new announcements to the OP concerning the voting. Also added a "Other" section.

I'm sure noone else would vote for it, but my idea for a song would be I Am Mine from Pearl Jam.
Still Stayin' Alive is still better, so just stick to it =D
Take a look at the lyrics for that song. "And the feeling it gets left behind...
Oh the innocence broken with lies." It's so tragic. :(

Also, thanks for the Phoenix Wright pointy guy. That's just what this thread needed.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
OMFG what a perfect fit for the Lucario dance! I love The Mask, Jim Carrey was so great in that movie.

(also i forgot to update this thread but its done now, lols. Stayin' Alive is now the official theme song.)

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Take a look at the lyrics for that song. "And the feeling it gets left behind...
Oh the innocence broken with lies." It's so tragic. :(
it's kinda like the point. Lucario strikes me as the "tragic hero". (a stereotype used on characters who end up meeting their demise close to the end of the story, usually on really dramatic moments)
I already said that Lucario is the deepest character EVER in the Pokémon anime, right?

or, you can just use Red Hot Chili Pepper's "Can't Stop". really nice.

by the way...

lol... lofl... rofl... rofllofl... ROFLCOPTER!!

SO win. Too bad you can't Digg youtube videos...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
"Tragic hero" implies that the character has a vice, or "tragic flaw" which leads to his downfall, though not usually death. Frankly, Lucario just had a really lousy life, and it kinda emotionally scarred him.

Truth be told, I always felt the whole end scene of the Lucario movie was a somewhat pathetic attempt by the writers to make the movie have the appearance of that "tragic hero," and they ran out of ideas for what dramatic thing they should end the movie with after Mew simply "accepts" Ash. I mean seriously, "and then the crystal tree thing starts randomly dying" was an attempt to make then ending more dramatic more than anything, and barely makes sence even with "the tree is going into shock" explanation.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
But, theres zamzar!
You want the vid, go to zamzar.com
Click the middle tab.
Copy/paste url (delete the first Http thing)
select the file type
insert your email.

And with in a few hours, its yours!!
-t2

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
"Tragic hero" implies that the character has a vice, or "tragic flaw" which leads to his downfall, though not usually death. Frankly, Lucario just had a really lousy life, and it kinda emotionally scarred him.

Truth be told, I always felt the whole end scene of the Lucario movie was a somewhat pathetic attempt by the writers to make the movie have the appearance of that "tragic hero," and they ran out of ideas for what dramatic thing they should end the movie with after Mew simply "accepts" Ash. I mean seriously, "and then the crystal tree thing starts randomly dying" was an attempt to make then ending more dramatic more than anything, and barely makes sence even with "the tree is going into shock" explanation.
I learned about the "tragic hero" in my Junior year of High school when I read Julius Caesar. Brutus' "tragic" flaw was his pride. What would Lucario's "tragic" flaw be? I've never watched the Lucario movie, so I wouldn't know anything about him. I stopped after Pokemon 2000. <.<

And yeah, we already knew the Pokemon movies had bad writing, take a look at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcbECLCzP9I

I dunno why everyone is crying in this scene. I would just be sitting there laughing that Ash got stoned.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
It's POKEMON, you can't honestly tell me you were expecting a well-pieced-together story.

Really, if you're watching it, you're better off watching the abridged version: do the first 10 minutes for the backstory and then skip to the last 10 minutes.

I learned about the "tragic hero" in my Junior year of High school when I read Julius Caesar. Brutus' "tragic" flaw was his pride. What would Lucario's "tragic" flaw be? I've never watched the Lucario movie, so I wouldn't know anything about him. I stopped after Pokemon 2000. <.<
He was too awesome. ;_;

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I dunno why everyone is crying in this scene. I would just be sitting there laughing that Ash got stoned.
Hey, no fair, I was 7 years old when I saw that movie and it made me a little teary eyed...

I still watch the movies whenever they show up on tv though, they're deeper than every single episode of Pokemon/Naruto/other generic anime.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
the story really was bad. it seems like the world just NEEDS to be on the cue of being destroyed on every movie they make. terrible...

"Emotionally scarred" really puts it, Lucario simply had no idea of who to trust or what to believe in. He didn't trust humans anymore after being sealed, but at the same time he had all of the good memories when he was friends with Aaron. Everything around him changed from all those years and he has no idea what happened to everyone he knew back then.
You really gotta feel bad for that blue guy.

Little_Dragon

Smash Rookie
You want the vid, go to zamzar.com
Click the middle tab.
Copy/paste url (delete the first Http thing)
select the file type
insert your email.

And with in a few hours, its yours!!
On a related note, if anyone wants a higher-quality copy of my "Lucario Wash" animation in DivX format, you can simply download it directly from the following sites:

http://setvid.com/play.php?vid=3364
http://beta.vreel.net/index.php?q=watch&id=16388
http://www.stagehd.com/video/91229293vipv1qlqizm

(also i forgot to update this thread but its done now, lols. Stayin' Alive is now the official theme song.)
I've been thinking about doing a new animation set to "Stayin' Alive", provided I can get the strut right. It'll probably run about a minute and a half in length.

Milln

Smash Champion
On a related note, if anyone wants a higher-quality copy of my "Lucario Wash" animation in DivX format, you can simply download it directly from the following sites:

I've been thinking about doing a new animation set to "Stayin' Alive", provided I can get the strut right. It'll probably run about a minute and a half in length.

.................Little Dragon for Top Tier.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman

Little Dragon = creator of the Lucario dance?? What are the odds!!!!?!!?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
...just amazing.
Little_Dragon is now the pope of the Inner Fire church
Seconded.
And you know, little dragon did say he was its creator not to long ago. So the odds where fairly high.

And on the note of awesome animation, Did nessbounder ever finish that sig of his?
Just asking.
-t2

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman

Little_Dragon FTW

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Next order of unofficial buisness - Find someone to give the Lucario theme song thread - http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174127&page=6&highlight=Lucario+theme+song - the bump of life that wouldn't be double-posting in doing so. I have some ideas, such as the song about "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger" song from the new combo vid. It's just techno and calm enough to match with Lucario well.

EDIT: and also, New T-Shirt ideas, anyone?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Once again, post it in this:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174127&page=6&highlight=Lucario+theme+song
I'd do it myself but I'd be double posting.

Regular battle theme though...
Not that, but something complicated, it would need to have divergent elements. A proper Lucario battle theme must help Lucario players play both the offencive and defencive style, so it should arbitrarily swap between rediculously intense and completely soothing.

What would that be?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Next order of Buisness - I found out what Wuffycakes really means...

I still think they should refer to the U-throw Fair Fair Aurasphere Extreme Speed recover chain AKA wUFFycAkES.

@mods - I have no idea where this will go. Please close this if the worst happens...

EDIT: OMG the boards have died since this place started getting F-smashed into the ground. We went from 11 pages a month to 4. Also, I would avoid using the name of that Boozermod on the Lucario Boards. I suspect he might actually use the "search" function on his name when looking for threads to close.

Milln

Smash Champion
I was looking for this thread.... couldn't find it... Thanks, All Hallows. =3

Would you all please quit crying about the moderators? Who cares? This thread is full of spam and off topicness, pleading OH PLEASE NO to them isn't going to change their mind. Just go about your normal business of not caring what they think. It's annoying.

Also, we all know what wuffycakes means. IT'S SOMETHING AMAZING. And cute.

Top Bottom