• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nuzlocke Challenge

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nuzlocke Pokemon Black or White.

I ****ing dare you. When wild Pokemon are as high leveled as most the Pokemon on your team, you know you're in for a nice, difficult treat.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Shelly (Blastoise) solo'd Giovanni at Veridian, now I'm not looking very happy at the prospects of doing the E4 with my current group (Blastoise, Venomoth, Graveler, Magneton and Pidgeot) Got some really low leveled pokemon that I could raise to fill that gap, but none really seem that great. :urg:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I plan on doing this with Black once I play through Black and White (I already played through White). I did it with Firered, focused on one pokemon on accident, and lost it to my rival before victory road. I stopped right there lol.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Episodes 38-41 are up on Youtube. Unfortunately there were two instances of upload johns that screwed me over. I need to start not saving until the video is almost (if not fully) uploaded to Youtube. I'll at least be able to redo upload failures.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm actually now doing a Zorua-Only Nuzlocke on my pokemon white now. It's going to be really fun! :)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Uhhh... I can't find the charger for my camera. Sorry ;-;... D:
Funfacts:
It's Pokesav'd. I got a Tsutarja, and changed it to Zorua with his Lv.6(I beat both of my rivals) moves and ability. EV's and IV's are the Same as they were before.

EDIT: I found my charger. Tell me what you think about this camera angle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiMJjOUvctM

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's awesome! I'll probably end up featuring you and referncing you on my next Emerald Nuzlocke episode!

Speaking of which I'm up to Episode 50 and more explorations on the Hoenn ocean.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I just started a Nuzlocke in pokemon Pearl cause i had no idea what to kill time with on the bus anymore. And i didnt want to restart HG.

I just started with TuxedoMask the Piplup.
Caught Dagget the Bidoof and Woodstock the Starly on the first 2 routes. And yes all my pokemon will be named after old cartoon characters. lol.

I wonder how far i'll get before i fail.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I just started a Nuzlocke in pokemon Pearl cause i had no idea what to kill time with on the bus anymore. And i didnt want to restart HG.

I just started with TuxedoMask the Piplup.
Caught Dagget the Bidoof and Woodstock the Starly on the first 2 routes. And yes all my pokemon will be named after old cartoon characters. lol.

I wonder how far i'll get before i fail.
Hey, Ryos4! Good luck! I dunno if tge later games are more difficult to Nuzlocke, so I wish you the best of luck!

In my Emerald Nuzlocke I recently defeated Juan but lost Yink the Altaria, so now Firus the Trapinch will hopefilly fill-in.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I remember playing pearl through the first time. Its rather hard to find good types. I'm at the first Gym (rock) and the only pokemon i have to use against it is my starter TuxedoMask the Piplup. I missed the opportunity to catch a budew and got a shinx instead... Shinx being one of the worst electric pokemon in the game IMO. I guess if worst comes to worse i can evolve one of my Bidoof so it learns water gun.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Super bumping because it's worth it.

Currently taking on a Christian Nuzlocke Challenge in White.

Of note, I've only played through White once before.

1. If a Pokémon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.
2. You can only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in a route / cave / town / area. If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough ****, you get nothing from this area.
3. You must nickname your Pokémon.
4. If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift, pokemon like Bill’s Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.
5. If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
6. You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use healing items outside of battle.
7. You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle.
8. Players cannot let their Pokemon evolve
9. Players cannot catch Dark, Psychic or Ghost Pokemon, nor can they use moves of those types.
10. Pokemon must be at least level 22 before they breed, and two Pokemon of the same sex cannot share a daycare center
11. If a player obtains an egg, it's their duty to keep it in their party and raise it until it reaches level 18
12. Legendaries are false idols and must be killed
13. Players cannot use fossils, and should ignore science labs whenever possible
14. Players cannot play at Game Corners and must avoid the benefits of narcotics like PP Up and Rare Candy
15. Players cannot catch Ekans, Arbok, Seviper, or Serperior and are advised to disregard their advice
16. If players do not follow these rules, they will be sent to the Distortion World and live with Girantina forever.

First try:
-Picked Oshawott
-Lost immediately to Bianca's Tepig

Second try:
-Picked Oshawott
-Sent Bianca and Cheren back to their respective kitchens
-Nickname for Oshawott: Lovelight

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm doing a Christmas Nuzlocke for the Nuzlocke forums right now. It's all in really bad log form, but it's quite fun.

It's also a community locke, meaning that you're competing with others through a point system, which makes it more fun!

[collapse=Rules]1. You may only catch the first pokemon you encounter in an area. Gift pokemon count for whatever area you get them in. Day Care pokemon are illegal unless you never encountered another pokemon on the day care center's route (no hatching a pokemon and saying you "got it" from that town). Only one pokemon from Safari Zone.
1a. Dupe Clause. You may catch the second pokemon that pops up if you've already caught the first type. This is to prevent a team of 5 pidgeys (unless you really want to...)
1b. Shiny Clause. You can catch a shiny even if you already caught a pokemon on that route.
1c. This rule starts at the beginning. If you have no pokeballs and you encounter a pokemon, you can't catch anything in that area. Tough luck.
2. If a pokemon faints, it's dead. No excuses. Dead.
3. Put [CCL] at the start of your thread title, and put them in the Christmas Fan Runs forum.
4. You may do a nuzlocke for each category. Try to keep it to one at a time, though!
5. RBY and FR/LG ends at defeating Mewtwo. GSC and HG/SS ends at defeating Red (No points for Pokemon captures in Kanto. There's just too many areas full of too low level pokemon). Gen III-V end after the E4.[/collapse]
[collapse=Point System]Receive a Gift Pokemon/Catch a Pokemon: +1
Receive or Catch an Ice Type: +1 (total of +2)
Receive or Catch a Delibird*: +2 (total of +3)
Receive or Catch a Shiny Pokemon: +2 (total of +3)
Defeat a Gym Leader*: +1
Defeat the E4*: +5
Defeat Red: +5
Defeat the E4 and/or Red with an Ice Type in your team, and have it contribute reasonably**, and keep it alive until the E4 is defeated: +2
Lose a Pokemon: -1
Find Mew under the truck: +100 (i'm kidding)

*: These are only worth it one time around, no defeating the E4 7 times and trying to get 35 points. Gym Leaders are a total of 8 points (16 in g/s). Only one +2 for a delibird, no catching several.
**: This just means not to put an ice type on your team just for the extra points. It should actually contribute to your victory, not just take up space.[/collapse]

Playing it on silver, and I have 7 badges with 42 points (2 shinies, 1 delibird). Only one death, which was a Wooper I tried to start training but lost to a Bellsprout.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Eh **** it, I MargnetMan23 wasn't even on this site when the last post on this thread happened. But in spite of that I choose to revive this great thread! Why? Because we pissed off the mods by talking about nuzlockes on the wiiu/3ds smash social thread. And I feel there is currently actual interest in the topic right now so I might as well! Currently I have been nuzlocking white 2 and most recently I went on a ferris wheel and there was some blonde girl that rode with me. She told me to not move and just look at her because looking outside is "dangerous" yeah yeah she wants the D.
Name: WHATEVA
Badges: 3
Current Team:
Dolly D the Psyduck (F) lv 29 Notes: Having a water type is often useful and I feel a golduck could potentially fill the role quite well but psyduck has had way too many near death experiences to count and I don't know how much better things will turn out once she evolves... Well see :/
UMM Pierre the Servine (M) lv 30 Notes: He's my starter obviously and so far Pierre has yet to disappoint. Some people say Serperior is the least useful of the starters but I think I can make use of him well, even if I will end up having to rely on Return and Leaf Blade to deal actual damage
Fido the Arcanine (M) 30 Notes: Calm nature is by no means helpful for him but he does decently. A fire type is never a bad thing but he has not truly impressed me yet. I guess I'll have to wait until he gets some ACTUAL good moves
Salty the Boldore (M) lv 29 Notes: Can someone help me evolve him? Gigalith would kick so much ass at this stage of the game. But never mind that, Salty the SLUG your rock is doing well. He's a pretty reliable tank and can dish out attacks well too. There's not that much else to say about him XD
Kritter(D) the Krokorok (M) lv 29 Notes: He doesn't have any good moves yet sans crunch so I rarely use him. Going to completely sweep the electric gym with his help though (hopefully)
Maple the Dwebble (F) lv 24 Notes: Currently being trained with an experience share. Salty isn't going any where so another rock type obviously isn't really the type coverage I need but crustle's a pretty good pokemon and bug type coverage is underrated.
In the PC:
Rosebud the Petilil (F) lv 17 Notes: Well if Pierre dies I might consider using her but unless that happens she'll just be nice and safe from danger of dying in the PC... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
T-Pain the Trubbish (M) lv. 21 Notes: I have nothing against trubbish I actually quite like him he's basically the first in line for joining my team if any one ends up dying :/
Dead:
June the Pidove (F) lv. 8 Notes: You had potential even though if you survived you would've primarily been my fly slave :/ you had a jolly nature and left me WAY too soon.
Y NOT? the Patrat (M) lv. 12 Notes: Patrat's were never the best pokemon but if I could send you to the end I would've :/
Missed Opportunities (Wild pokemon that I killed instead of catching...)
A zubat/Rattata in castelia sewer. Crobat is an awesome pokemon, losing out at a chance of a zubat was not really a good idea. And to make matters worse I currently have nobody to use fly yet -.-
Sandshrew in Relic Castle. I wasn't paying attention I thought you were a trainer's pokemon and I realized you were the first pokemon I could catch when it was too late...
Well that's pretty much my status but seriously
HELP ME EVOLVE SALTY GUYS DX

mood4food77

Smash Hero
started my nuzlocke last night for emerald, now just beat the first gym so after 1 gym i got

Tinklewink - level 15 Treecko
Poopdick - level 9 Zigzagoon
Doobie - level 7 Poochyena

Deceased:
Creampie - level 7 Silcoon (stupid critical hit)
Gunther - level 6 Taillow (again, critical hit screwed me over)

i'm taking screen shots and will tell a story when i complete the adventure

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Train up that Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon and Linoone oddly enough have a lot of power for early game in nuzlockes, and pick up is really cool to have on your team as well during the early and later game, as higher leveled pick-up is pretty cool as well.

I'd help with evolution, but I have absolutely no access to a 5th gen DS game :(. I'm sorry. Good luck with your run regardless, though! :D

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Touhoumon nuzlockes are so difficult, but so fun! :D

I usually do world link, but I've done others as well. I stray away from Insane, Lunatic, and Another World when it comes to nuzlocking, though.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I did a nuzlocke of another world. I didnt wipe but it got so grindy i lost interest.

Wiped at vermillion with my 1.8 run. I mashed A on turbo and died due to impatience/lack of attention.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Doing a FireRed Nuzlocke now, and made my own thread about it. Going surprisingly well! No deaths as of yet. Just got 2 Badges though, and should be visitting Bill so I can get to Vermillion, but am grinding and EV training for a bit.

My most notable Pokémon are:
PurpleHaze, lv 24 Ivysaur
Hanky Kong, lv 24 Mankey
Cloud90, lv 20 Fearow

These I should train up:
McLovin, lv 12 Magikarp
Boom Draw, lv 15 Butterfree
WhiteWidow, lv 14 Oddish

Really want a Nidoran, Pikachu, Digglet and Staryu on my team.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I've attempted multiple touhoumon insane runs, but I always stop at the 3rd gym after I hit a full level 80 team because I get bored of grinding lol. Another is harsh. I always get to Reimu and die because ZReimu that early in the game is so annoying to fight against. I should try 1.8 actually. I remember getting to the E4 in one run, but giving up after that for some reason. I'll run it again sometime :).

Keep Butterfree leveled up for the 4th gym imo. There is no reason not to have a full team in a nuzlocke (well, assuming it's not a speed run lol). Butterfree can be pretty good assuming that you don't send him into stupid situations. Keep him away from anything that learns ancient power and mainly use him for fighting mons. Gyarados isn't as useful as he should be, but he still has potential in a nuzlocke. Oddish is AMAZING if you can get an evolution in. Train those up asap!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks. Will keep that all in mind. I'm actually a little bothered by my Mankey's Bold nature, and Fearow's Modest nature. Both decrease attack, but Ivysaur and Butterfree are at least Quiet, while Oddish is Hasty.

Gyarados might be less useful in Gen 3 cause of the whole Special / Physical attack spread is all based on type. But I still think I can make Gyrados quite a nice mixed sweeper. He just won't get too much STAB attacks. And well, I do need something to Surf on eventually. Surf is reliable enough I'd say to defeat most Rock / Ground / Fire types I'll encounter. If not, I'll also have to use some moves as Hyper Beam or something.

How do Vileplume and Venusaur compare though?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Small update for mine:
Psyduck died, freaking herdiers -_- So currently Garbodor is serving in her place... I really need to get some shards the move tutor is basically the only way to give garbodor some decent type coverage (Dat Drain Punch 0_0) And yes, I am using a Garbodor when I could be training a Zorua. T-Pain is just awesome like that. Also seriously does any body have a copy of b/w 1/2 I need to get Salty the Boldore evolved

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I actually somehow forgot that you had PurpleHaze. On second thought, since it's Firered, you may not want to use WhiteWidow at the moment. Keep WhiteWidow trained up until you find a sixth to replace her, and then keep WhiteWidow for a backup if PurpleHaze happens to die.

Do you still have the Zubat? You may want to throw in a Zubat over WhiteWidow. Zubat is VERY underrated for nuzlockes. They're actually pretty good (even better when you can actually evolve into Crobat, but firered ;_; ). I'd highly recommend training Zubat and replacing Fearow with your electric type when you get it. That will leave you with Ivysaur, Butterfree, and electric on the special side with Mankey, Zubat, and Gyarados on the physical side.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I actually somehow forgot that you had PurpleHaze. On second thought, since it's Firered, you may not want to use WhiteWidow at the moment. Keep WhiteWidow trained up until you find a sixth to replace her, and then keep WhiteWidow for a backup if PurpleHaze happens to die.

Do you still have the Zubat? You may want to throw in a Zubat over WhiteWidow. Zubat is VERY underrated for nuzlockes. They're actually pretty good (even better when you can actually evolve into Crobat, but firered ;_; ). I'd highly recommend training Zubat and replacing Fearow with your electric type when you get it. That will leave you with Ivysaur, Butterfree, and electric on the special side with Mankey, Zubat, and Gyarados on the physical side.
One problem, Golbat can't learn fly in firered/leafgreen point fearow.
Actually upon more research Fearow mostly outclasses golbat stat wise (Golbat loses in the attack and speed department but does have better defenses) but golbat does have better moves for the most part...

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Poison/Flying is superior typing, plus the whole better move thing. Sludge Bomb, Aerial Ace, Shadow Ball, Toxic/Facade is fine. I wouldn't suggest steel wing because there you're only going to be fighting two jynx in the whole game and no other non water/ice ice type Pokemon come to mind in 1st gen :|.

If anyone wants a nuzlocke challenge that isn't vanilla Pokemon, I'd highly recommend Yet Another Fire Red Hack. Very good hack that implements 5th gen mechanics (minus the exp thing) into a 3rd gen game. Has abilities such as skill link and multi scale along with a p/s split and much more! I'd highly recommend this and I'm going to be starting a run of it soon, so we could run it together :D. Patches onto Fire Red Rom. http://www.mediafire.com/download/lvz2egowv56uxnh/YetAnotherFRHackv1.14.zip

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I have the Zubat yeah, but am thinking of putting it in the Day Care cause I can't really train it effectively at this point. It only knows Leech Life. And yeah, I want a Crobat to. Though with all those poison types, I should perhaps aim for something with a Dark type. Cause, you know, Psychic types are already pretty scary, let alone if they do double damage on you.

Fearow will probably be replaced. But I need it for now, just in case if. A Diglett will most likely become part of my team soon to as soon as I hit Vermillion. I'm very sure I'll be using it. Am probably gonna train WhiteWidow anyway. PurpleHaze will not die on me. I'll take care of that to make sure it won't happen. But if it does end up getting killed, I don't wanna wait too long to have a decent Grass type on my team again.

If I can't find a decent Electric type soon, I'll probably make the Eevee that I'll find into a Jolteon. Would prefer a Raichu, but Jolteon is the second best thing I can think of now.

So my team will likely end up be:
Venusaur
Primeape
Dugtrio
Jolteon
Gyarados
Vileplume / Fearow / Nidoking / Nidoqueen / whateverinteresstingthingI'llfind

If Gyarados aka McLovin ends up sucking, I might replace it with Lapras or Starmie. Or I just might end up using Starmie regardless, cause it's a Psychic type.

Also, if the Safari Zone sees it fit to grand me a Rhyhorn, I'll use it in my team to.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I have the Zubat yeah, but am thinking of putting it in the Day Care cause I can't really train it effectively at this point. It only knows Leech Life. And yeah, I want a Crobat to. Though with all those poison types, I should perhaps aim for something with a Dark type. Cause, you know, Psychic types are already pretty scary, let alone if they do double damage on you.

Fearow will probably be replaced. But I need it for now, just in case if. A Diglett will most likely become part of my team soon to as soon as I hit Vermillion. I'm very sure I'll be using it. Am probably gonna train WhiteWidow anyway. PurpleHaze will not die on me. I'll take care of that to make sure it won't happen. But if it does end up getting killed, I don't wanna wait too long to have a decent Grass type on my team again.

If I can't find a decent Electric type soon, I'll probably make the Eevee that I'll find into a Jolteon. Would prefer a Raichu, but Jolteon is the second best thing I can think of now.

So my team will likely end up be:
Venusaur
Primeape
Dugtrio
Jolteon
Gyarados
Vileplume / Fearow / Nidoking / Nidoqueen / whateverinteresstingthingI'llfind

If Gyarados aka McLovin ends up sucking, I might replace it with Lapras or Starmie. Or I just might end up using Starmie regardless, cause it's a Psychic type.
So basically unless you find a voltorb early jolteon's probably going to be where it's at.Though if you find magnemite/magneton at the power plant don't completely ignore the option he has the highest special attack available of any electric type (other then Zapdos :p) Though he does have a limited movepool... Oh wait every other electric type also has a limited movepool. Actually upon research Raichu and Electabuzz are the best options due to their good attack stats giving them more moveset options. I'll have a quick run down.

Electrode: Earliest pokemon you have a chance of catching right now, limited movepool, but has the highest speed of the electric types.
Jolteon: Has good overall stats but has a limited movepool.
Magneton: The highest special attack of all of the electric types not named zapdos and hey, that's all that really matters when it comes to electric types in fire red right? :p
Raichu: Decent special attack and speed but has the large advantage of more moveset options as his attack is good enough to run moves like brick break
Electabuzz: Basically a slightly better version of Raichu, but there's a low chance of catching him so don't count on it.
Zapdos: The best electric type for obvious reasons but you won't be catching him for obvious reasons
Did I miss any body? :p

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
There are no dark types in gen 1.

Your best bet would be to get something that has great special defense. Hypno specifically. Great counter to psychic types because there isn't much they can hit you with if you have a special defense tank. Throw shadow ball onto hypno and you have a pretty solid in-game psychic type counter imo.

Venusaur
Primeape
Dugtrio/Rhydon (Rhydon)
Jolteon/Magneton/Raichu (Raichu)
Gyarados/Starmie/Lapras (Starmie)
Hypno

That would be a good team imo. The ones in () are ones I'd personally pick. Jolteon is very limited in moveset along with Magneton. Raichu has the attack to possibly throw on a few physical moves such as Brick Break and Dig so you have SOMETHING to use against a ground type if you get arena trapped or anything like that.

Dugtrio vs Rhydon is weird. Rhydon has a huge upper hand on power, and will be your defensive wall in most cases. Dugtrio, on the other hand, hits fast with what ever he's throwing but will get wrecked if it doesn't kill. It's always better to choose the Pokemon with defense over the glass cannon. Dugtrio isn't the best glass cannon, either, due to only having 80 attack.

Starmie being Water/Psychic helps it a lot. Stab psychic helps a lot, and ice beam/thunder bolt will be very useful coverage in case you lose your electric type or you get in a situation where the electric type will fall (think against Pokemon that can possibly learn earthquake or strong fighting types (Poliwrath), as none of the electric types have the best defense stat except for Magneton, who is weak to fighting anyways).

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I remember playing Leafgreen and using hypno. Gotta love that thing, he's a pretty good mixed attacker too :p

*looks something up*
:facepalm:
Really? REALLY? OK seriously these version exclusives man!
OK I hope you like cloyster because Starmie and Slowbro are leaf green exclusives :p

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh...

If you can't get Starmie, definitely go Lapras. Lapras still learns the same moves... She's just not as strong or as good. Stab Ice Beam instead of Stab Psychic doesn't change too much honestly, so just go Lapras.

Top Bottom