• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Get a stopwatch or something and make every episode 10:59 minutes.

Also Roxanne is going to be fun

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
whaaaaaaaa.

also I should do a run on touhoumon with this. It makes more sense when you realize that they're supposed to be puppets made as likenesses of touhou characters instead of actual miniature anime girls.

XACE-K

Smash Master
One question before I start this. If I'm in a cave with multiple floors, does each floor count as a route or is the whole cave a route?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That Poochyena thing is still the most hilarious luck ever.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tery needs to get the ability to post again since he's the only one really updating.

IMO you should just be able to double post updates.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Speaking of being confused by too lazy to figure out the rules in the OP:

1: Are healing items ok in-battle but not outside of it? In the same vein, if you purchased a revive and used it on a pokemon in a battle would it still need to be released?
2: Are you allowed to purchase non-Poké Ball items from Marts?
3: Is there a limit on how often you're allowed to use Pokémon Centers to heal?

I'm going to attempt a short-lived nuzlocke of touhoumon insane after I go download it, wish me luck. I could record it for your enjoyment as well since I'm assuming that this game is really ****ing hard considering every other version of touhoumon is already harder than the original.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
1: Are healing items ok in-battle but not outside of it? In the same vein, if you purchased a revive and used it on a pokemon in a battle would it still need to be released?
You can decide for yourself whether or not to allow healing items out of battle, but generally it's expected for you to only use them in battle.

Revives are not ok; when a Pokemon's dead, IT'S DEAD. No reviving. You cannot revive your dead Pokemon just like you cannot revive your dead hamster (I've tried it). I'm pretty sure all the difficulty and emotion of Nuzlockes would be lost if we could use revives lol.

2: Are you allowed to purchase non-Poké Ball items from Marts?
Yes, but you can restrict yourself to make the run harder. For example, you can do a no-marts run and only use items you find on the ground or receive (or you can be like me and allow yourself to buy 5 balls at every town you reach dur hur).

3: Is there a limit on how often you're allowed to use Pokémon Centers to heal?
No, but again, you can change it depending on how hard you want it to be. Some people have done no-PCs no-marts runs lol.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hehe alright.

I'm going to err on the side of fewer restrictions though since I'm guessing this game is crazy.

edit: ****ing christ I am NOT going to nuzlocke this game. I almost lost to my rival...who used an X Attack on the first turn and full-restored his starter 3 ****ING TIMES before I critted it to finish it off. I'm lucky I found those fresh waters in this house in Pallet Town, otherwise I would've just been completely dead. And there's a trainer before you even get to the first town and can catch any pokemon to defend yourself with so you're stuck using your starter only against this trainer...

Maybe I should just record this anyway...lol.

Edit#1049810496146: Fighting my rival when going on the way to the Elite 4 for the first time...big mistake. First pokemon is evolved and at lv. 25. >_>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What the? What are you playing Kirbyraeg? I'm going to assume a hacked version?

Spewing, took my Bellsprout, Venus to Digletts cave to 2hko some stuff easy. Was going fine until I was forcibly reminded that Diglett knows Magnitude. Got level 9 when he was at half helth and died ;_;

Going to be relying on Meowth's bite to take out Misty methinks.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Four out of the six pokemon on my team are poison types, my rival's alakazam is going to be annoying when I get to the top of silph co.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Overleveled and Misty's no threat. Went onto the SS Anne and was battling a Nidoran, which poisoned one of my pokes who was at half health with poison point. After about 5 minutes of digging around online I found where the Bed was on the boat. If I had gone exploring for it, Son of Hawk would have died :c

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
The route you were starting in there is the exact same route as before the forest, meaning you're not actually allowed to catch the Pokemon there unless you purposely chose to dodge the grass patches in the first part of the route.

It's the same way for Route 2 before and after Viridian Forest in RBY/FRLG, for those who didn't know.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
^I made that same mistake in my own playthrough of Sapphire. <_> I decided to just continue playing and count the separated areas as their own route.

Been a while since I've Nuzlocked...think I'm going to start up a Crystal run.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The route you were starting in there is the exact same route as before the forest, meaning you're not actually allowed to catch the Pokemon there unless you purposely chose to dodge the grass patches in the first part of the route.

It's the same way for Route 2 before and after Viridian Forest in RBY/FRLG, for those who didn't know.
Oh.

Well to be fair they were both Poochyena anyway. Neither of which I'm currently using. Seph is from Route 103.

Edit - Here's my compendium of my Nuzlocke run.
[collapse=Episode List]Episode 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Ac9F1a02M
Episode 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZKnUYPXBgI
Episode 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNy-FcmbL_I
Episode 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kMeDXZfxpo
Episode 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4lo329Hf6E
Episode 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHyZtAdJNCs
Episode 7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwR35Kgw5X0
Episode 8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpjaXdF1WgQ
Episode 9 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNYcES1mh14[/collapse]

Niiro

Smash Ace
After about 5 minutes of digging around online I found where the Bed was on the boat. If I had gone exploring for it, Son of Hawk would have died :c
NICE.

Well, my nuzlocke challege is starting to turn into a solo run =( Everyone but blaziken keeps dying. godamit.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
My stupid brother deleted my nuzlocke game when I was at Mosdeep. I am so mad. I started my game over and am now at Rustboro with lvl 19 Marshtomp and lvl 18 Lombre. Whenever I see a poochyena I never catch it.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm at Violet in my Crystal Nuzlocke. Got a level 11 Ratty, and a level 12 (13?) Brotodile. Defeated the head monk. I also have a level 4 Trollbat in my PC. Not sure if want, though, since I want to get Kenya.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm up to episode 22, guys.

Check it out. :3

So basically it's a while since I updated but #12-22 are all uploaded on my channel. Some lame criticals here and there but nobody has died yet. I sold some stuff I wouldn't need and blah blah.

Also, I'd like to start throwing out bonus clips.
Any suggestions? I've had in mind Advanced Wars 2, SSB64 BTP or BTT, etc.
Suggestions are welcome. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ughughuhg, screw you Giovanni. His Kangaskhan managed to kill my Hypno and now I'm just running into poison and fighting pokemon. Party's currently Wartortle, Graveler, Persian and Pidgeotto. Gravveler would at least be able to hold his own against the poison-types if it wasn't mostly Wheezing and its bloody levitate. The pokemon in my box are mostly the same **** types too. :/

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nuzlocke Challenge Story

Version: Crystal
Gym Battle: Whitney
The Team:
  • 22 Quilava
  • 22 Pidgeotto
  • 17 Elekid (thank GAWD since it's a 1/7 chance and there's no mareeps in this version)
  • 13 Butterfree (learned poisonpowder at this lvl)

Miltank's Rollout I know is gong to absolutely grape my team after the first 2 times it hits. Hopefully I get a lucky crit.

Elekid starts off Against her Clafairy. Take's 4 thunderpunches to kill. She got a bs crit hit on one of her doubleslaps, so I'm at half health. When I went for the third thunderpunch, I knew she'd be at bottom red. Maybe I should send out Butterfree now, but it might die while I use a turn to heal up Elekid.

Clafairy used Metronome!
Clafairy used Ice Beam!

Elekid had 5%, but OMFG. I returned her, sent out Pidgeotto, and killed it.

Okay, here we go. Miltank.

Miltank used Rollout!
It's super effective!
Pidgeotto used Sand-Attack.
Miltank's accuracy fell.

Pidgeotto used Quick Attack!
Miltank used Rollout!
It's super effective!
Pidgeotto healed a little (berry).

Healed Pidgeotto to full health and it took the third rollout. Barely alive. Sand-Attack didn't work. At this point, I knew it was over.

Healed Pidgeotto. Next rollout would kill it.

Miltank used Rollout!
Miltank's attack missed!

O_o

If I sendout Butterfree, Rollout shouldn't OHKO. Second one would kill, meaning I'd need another miss to send out Poisonpowder. I went for it.

Nike sent out Butterfree!
Miltank used Stomp!
(omgomgomgomgomgomg)
Butterfree with 5% health.

Time to see if the Pokemon Gods love me.

Miltank used Rollout!
Miltank's attack missed!
Butterfree used Poisonpowder!
Miltank was poisoned!

Nike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR44oOYjvOw

Miltank used Rollout!
Miltank's attack missed!
Miltank received damage from poison!
Butterfree used Confusion!
Miltank was confused!

Nike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Miltank is confused?
It hurt itself in it's confusion!
Butterfree used Confusion!

Miltank is no longer confused!
Miltank used Rollout!
Butterfree fainted!

At this point, victory would depend on if she healed since she was in the red. She didn't, and I killed it on that turn.

Idk how I won, but thank you Butterfree!

Can't wait to get my Eevee after seeing Bill. I also haven't gone through Bell Sprout tower (waiting til it was night to hopefully see Gastly). I traded repels for Union Cave bacause I reallyyyyy want Lapras lol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
After realising that I could just evolve me Eevee to Espeon to make up for Nappa (Hypno)'s death, I'm then crushed by the fact that there's no time-system in LeafGreen. :urg:

But hey! I can also go to Saphron and get a Hitmonchan from the fighting dojo! Oh shi- too high level!

Sigh.

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm just curious, For everyone doing runs, would any of you consider a certain version of pokemon harder for the nuzlocke run than others? I'm sorry if this was already answered, however I wanted to know what would be the hardest so i could do a run from there :>

Top Bottom