• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
@ link and ike lover link and ike lover Those were good games! This is actually the first I'm going to complain though lol :).

That actually was a horrible transition; Brawl is so slow! I can now empathize with Melee people disgusted with how sluggish it is. The main problems I had were that I was trying to input things faster than they would go since the character was still doing something else. When I used Dedede it seemed slightly better since he's already slow but Zelda...FAIL (and she's slow). Everything in Sm4sh: her ridiculously OP teleport, her differently-angled Lightning Kicks, her down aerial spiking foes when on the ground, her speed and fast-fall, and her lack of a down b...just no. Idk, maybe it was difficult from switching back to Wiimote+Nunchuck from a 3DS? But anyways, enough of my rant.

Your Link was really good! (Let's not mention god COH's Link lulz) I kept getting hit with that Gale Boomerang and then the arrow, and his d-aerial lasts for so long :crazy:. Like myself, you're probaly going to have to get used to a lot of different things such as Link's bombs going only like a foot in front of him in SSB4 among other “improvements”. You had a lot of good “trapping” combos too; I repeatedly tried to perform Smash 4 combos and after realizing they failed got smashed of the screen :smash:. Ike was also fun, but like always, his attacks' ranges are so deceiving. He also seems kind of nerfed in the new smash, there's probably more of an insight in the ike forums though.

All in all, I had fun and laughed at some deaths like the inevitable G-Dorf plummet :awesome:, and hope we can play again sometime (especially in Smash 4 Wii U)!

:4zelda:VS:4link:
You can preform stuff like in Smash4, the difference is you have to frame trap first (don't you ever notice why I play like that)?

It's because I always throw a move to bait your air dodge, air attack and so on.

I've played Smash4 and I can seriously type it's nothing special no bit, if it was, I would be playing it atm.

Zelda is better yes, but she still gets the same treatment like Smash4.

And, you can do a pivot turn around Dsmash, Fsmash and so on (It's called a true pivot (which is seriously useless for Link but IK how to preform it anyway). you flick your analog stick in a complete 360 (but very fast) and then do any ground attack you'd like.

Also, you're brawling on Wi-Fi NF (and I read and witnessed with my own two eyes that Smash4's WiFi isn't that much higher than Brawl's so meh).

And I bet you couldn't do anything because he just throws out risky moves (which I noticed you fall for in - general).

You need to always wait for him to attack (which he always will or anyone in general).

Finally, the best Zelda he's talking about is either Milky or Ven (which I believe and I've brawled your's and Milky's) your Zelda is second best tbh. You're close to Ven's Zelda. Keep up the good work and I hope you continue to work on your Brawl Zelda.

PS: ATM, I don't see any Link come close to mine. It's a good thing you crossed out the sentence though. ;P

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
You can preform stuff like in Smash4, the difference is you have to frame trap first (don't you ever notice why I play like that)?

It's because I always throw a move to bait your air dodge, air attack and so on.

I've played Smash4 and I can seriously type it's nothing special no bit, if it was, I would be playing it atm.

Zelda is better yes, but she still gets the same treatment like Smash4.

And, you can do a pivot turn around Dsmash, Fsmash and so on (It's called a true pivot (which is seriously useless for Link but IK how to preform it anyway). you flick your analog stick in a complete 360 (but very fast) and then do any ground attack you'd like.

Also, you're brawling on Wi-Fi NF (and I read and witnessed with my own two eyes that Smash4's WiFi isn't that much higher than Brawl's so meh).

And I bet you couldn't do anything because he just throws out risky moves (which I noticed you fall for in - general).

You need to always wait for him to attack (which he always will or anyone in general).

Finally, the best Zelda he's talking about is either Milky or Ven (which I believe and I've brawled your's and Milky's) your Zelda is second best tbh. You're close to Ven's Zelda. Keep up the good work and I hope you continue to work on your Brawl Zelda.

PS: ATM, I don't see any Link come close to mine. It's a good thing you crossed out the sentence though. ;P
Okay.... And is the he me? @ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 Risky & Flashy ...... :)

Last edited:

Smasher Lee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ssblee
3DS FC
3754-9164-7769
I have no problem with whatever you decide man
I'm hosting
GGs Smasher Lee fun matches, and it was cool that there was a variety of characters that were used. We played for a quite a while lol. Nice characters though, and sorry about the connection.

I'm pretty sure that it was likely the reason you SD in some of those games. Glad to have played you and thanks for the matches.
Sorry for the long reply, but those were some ggs. I had way too many SDs and that's the most I've had. I need to know what your main is!!! I'm thinking that it's your Peach. You put way too much pressure on my shield and you probably predicted my spot dodges every time.
Like you have said, I do use a wide variety of characters except Peach, Lucario, and Ice Climbers. My mains are Link, Ike, CF, and Bowser. Not much of a fan using top tiers, it's more fun using other characters.
Anyways, really fun games. Sorry if it wasn't fun for you and if sandbagging was offensive to you. (using falcon punch multiple times to see if I could actually get a hit lol).

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
I'm hosting

Sorry for the long reply, but those were some ggs. I had way too many SDs and that's the most I've had. I need to know what your main is!!! I'm thinking that it's your Peach. You put way too much pressure on my shield and you probably predicted my spot dodges every time.
Like you have said, I do use a wide variety of characters except Peach, Lucario, and Ice Climbers. My mains are Link, Ike, CF, and Bowser. Not much of a fan using top tiers, it's more fun using other characters.
Anyways, really fun games. Sorry if it wasn't fun for you and if sandbagging was offensive to you. (using falcon punch multiple times to see if I could actually get a hit lol).
No problem about the reply. You're right about my main being Peach though lol. I use Marth too, but not as often due to online stuff. That answers that question right there.

Using low tiers is more impressive given that it feels even better being able to win or do really well with them. I can tell you were messing around a bit with Falcon and especially Puff that one game lol.

Don't worry I enjoy playing anybody as long as they don't have an bad attitude. I did have fun it wasn't boring in the least bit.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Wait, tf is this?

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
@ Phan7om Phan7om

lol, CoH thinks true pivot is useless for link, that's funny. It's actually slightly more useful than being able to pivotgrab.

He's referring to what you might think of as a pivot cancelled dash, itt's when you tap to dash, but before the dash comes out, you turn around. kinda like when you do a dash dance, but instead of dashing the other way, you just turn around instantly, this allows you to do anything you would normally do out of a pivot.

It's alot more useful than he gives it credit for though, because you can pair it with foxtrots, which would basically let you jab or smash out of any foxtrot in either direction.

Here's an example of true pivoting with Marth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4tmLsflA_c

That being said, it's not useless, or anywhere near close to being useless, it's just VERY technical, and hard to do consistently to the point that most people who don't like putting in hours of practice would say isn't worth the effort to master.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Ive got some bad news: the mail doesnt deliver on weekends and since tomorrow is columbus day, the post office doesnt open, so am smash 4less till tuesday or wednesday.
OH MAN! I would freak out!!! Well let me know when you get it. We'll smash!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
OH MAN! I would freak out!!! Well let me know when you get it. We'll smash!
ive been freaking out all week and since smash released! the time period when they wouldnt ship it, and now the time period where they cant deliver it. im already 2 weeks behind the curve of all other smashers out there.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
bro its cray i need to talk to you how do i view your profile it wont let me? :(
Hey man, I don't let people see my profile, I'll make a PM. Good to see you're back though.

@ FRiSKruns FRiSKruns

It honestly is useless for Link (for Yoshi though it wasn't).

But for Link it's useless, instead of preforming that technique; I can just Up B while running or pivot grab if someone air dodges.

But, I could use it for flashy stuff, like, a turn around Bomb pull or something. Trust me, I've experimented more than ANYONE could ever experiment with Link, it has no reasonable purpose to use. It could of course be used just for flash, (but I don't really play Brawl anymore). And I'm not motivated to continue.

And trust me, there is nothing technical enough for me that I couldn't preform in Brawl.

And it's not even technical man, it's just a tricky rhythm to follow towards, many.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
@ Phan7om Phan7om

lol, CoH thinks true pivot is useless for link, that's funny. It's actually slightly more useful than being able to pivotgrab.

He's referring to what you might think of as a pivot cancelled dash, itt's when you tap to dash, but before the dash comes out, you turn around. kinda like when you do a dash dance, but instead of dashing the other way, you just turn around instantly, this allows you to do anything you would normally do out of a pivot.

It's alot more useful than he gives it credit for though, because you can pair it with foxtrots, which would basically let you jab or smash out of any foxtrot in either direction.

Here's an example of true pivoting with Marth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4tmLsflA_c

That being said, it's not useless, or anywhere near close to being useless, it's just VERY technical, and hard to do consistently to the point that most people who don't like putting in hours of practice would say isn't worth the effort to master.
oh lol just that. In my head, when he said "flick in a 360" I was thinking of some kind of moonwalk esc sliding pivot thing. I was confused, thanks for clearing it up.

Last edited:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Hey man, I don't let people see my profile, I'll make a PM. Good to see you're back though.

@ FRiSKruns FRiSKruns

It honestly is useless for Link (for Yoshi though it wasn't).

But for Link it's useless, instead of preforming that technique; I can just Up B while running or pivot grab if someone air dodges.

But, I could use it for flashy stuff, like, a turn around Bomb pull or something. Trust me, I've experimented more than ANYONE could ever experiment with Link, it has no reasonable purpose to use. It could of course be used just for flash, (but I don't really play Brawl anymore). And I'm not motivated to continue.

And trust me, there is nothing technical enough for me that I couldn't preform in Brawl.

And it's not even technical man, it's just a tricky rhythm to follow towards, many.
that's where you're wrong, Link's jab can be used out of a true pivot, which is MUCH safer than both upB'ing OR pivotgrabbing, and you can crouch cancel your jabs as well, allowing for safe pressure, while still doing it out of your dashes, you can also use it to mix up your approach timings by using it with Dash Dance Pivoting. which I never see you do by the way, despite DDP allowing MOBILE use of your Side B, B reversals, pivot grab even WITHOUT combining it with true pivots.

If in fact you did utilize use true pivots combined with DDP you'd be able to achieve something that would equate to melee-esque footsies, in that you could weave in and out of opponent's attack zones much like using wave dashing. you could also cover landings more aggressively with foxtrot into true-pivot utilt or true pivot dsmash

If it was true that you had really experimented more than anyone with Link, then you'd be respected as a top Link main, which you aren't. Scizor, ALSM, Legan, and Izaw, all have done more for Link's metagame than you ever did. lol

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
If it was true that you had really experimented more than anyone with Link, then you'd be respected as a top Link main, which you aren't. Scizor, ALSM, Legan, and Izaw, all have done more for Link's metagame than you ever did. lol

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
your sig isn't set to show lol, and my FC is right below my name, where it says "3ds FC" that's actually my brawl FC, because the dumb thing doesn't show brawl FC anymore :/

Edit: I found your FC on your profile instead.

Last edited:

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
your sig isn't set to show lol, and my FC is right below my name, where it says "3ds FC" that's actually my brawl FC, because the dumb thing doesn't show brawl FC anymore :/

Edit: I found your FC on your profile instead.
Sorry about that my light went down briefly let me turn on my Wii again.

Edit: NVM

@ FRiSKruns FRiSKruns

Edit: My tv Goes black and I cant see a thing give a couple min to try fix my tv then we can play.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
that's where you're wrong, Link's jab can be used out of a true pivot, which is MUCH safer than both upB'ing OR pivotgrabbing, and you can crouch cancel your jabs as well, allowing for safe pressure, while still doing it out of your dashes, you can also use it to mix up your approach timings by using it with Dash Dance Pivoting. which I never see you do by the way, despite DDP allowing MOBILE use of your Side B, B reversals, pivot grab even WITHOUT combining it with true pivots.

If in fact you did utilize use true pivots combined with DDP you'd be able to achieve something that would equate to melee-esque footsies, in that you could weave in and out of opponent's attack zones much like using wave dashing. you could also cover landings more aggressively with foxtrot into true-pivot utilt or true pivot dsmash

Lol, One. Jab wont do much and I could pivot fsmash (but I could just Up B). But I'll use it more to hush you up.

Two. People wont upload my matches with them, they give me dumb excuses (no details). But If they did, I guarantee you my name would be shot out like a new disease spreading internationally.

Three. You're a sonic main that I've never heard of or even knew existed (until Zatch mentioned you so much). *inserts Phatom gif*

I don't see Izaw, Scizor or any other Link beating Kirbys, Falcos, Ices (no Link has done until I showed), D3s and so on.

Heck, my friend three stocked Scizor with his Falco but he's never done that or even came close to my Link. And I actually beat him constantly.

You're delusional man, you have no idea what type of air (not words) you're only speaking or sending to me.

And I have a higher understanding towards combo strings than ANYONE will ever come close to.

Instead of doing a useless True pivot to jab, I could even do a up b with a Bomb on hand and continue from there.

And main-ing Link especially on Wi-Fi is mayhem. I'll bet you if you main-ed Link and tried to complete what I've done, you'd fail faster than a student thinking the teacher didn't catch him cheating on his or her test.

Thanks for wasting my time.

And I don't 'disrespect' no one, I only acknowledge myself higher because 'I KNOW' my ways, technology, and understanding are beyond higher than theirs. I've already beaten Kirbys, Falcos, MKS, Ices (that's never done before) and so on. I've done all this without whining like the rest, I never give up, I find ways around ANYTHING. Enough of my blabbering and all.

Last edited:

Cyro

Airborne

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Firstly, People don't acknowledge you, or upload your vids because you don't get results, btw, I'm not saying I'm better than you (because even though I might 2-3stock you consistently on wifi, it's still just wifi), I'm saying that you definitely did not test everything, nor are you using Link to his full capacity. (If you really cared about being respected or advancing the Link Metagame you'd have uploaded your own vids anyway)

Secondly, Link sucks on wifi, so does everyone else. Get Over It.

Also, Jab to grab, jab to beat spotdodges, get grabbed out of your bomb+upB more pls.

Thirdly, if I mained Link, I'd definitely still get better results than you. (Mind you, I also wouldn't be winning anything aside from scrub tournies that good players that know how to not lose to Link attend.)

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Firstly, People don't acknowledge you, or upload your vids because you don't get results, btw, I'm not saying I'm better than you (because even though I might 2-3stock you consistently on wifi, it's still just wifi), I'm saying that you definitely did not test everything, nor are you using Link to his full capacity. (If you really cared about being respected or advancing the Link Metagame you'd have uploaded your own vids anyway)

Secondly, Link sucks on wifi, so does everyone else. Get Over It.

Also, Jab to grab, jab to beat spotdodges, get grabbed out of your bomb+upB more pls.

Thirdly, if I mained Link, I'd definitely still get better results than you.
Hmm? You want to mention stocks now? Did I hurt your feelings smh.

Big deal, my Gnw takes care of the job, a I've two stocked you with Link when you used Sonic).

Our connection is jumpy, I can't follow up or think properly (no detail).

Nah, Links fine I just need a good connection and win.

Sorry but LMFAO! You actually believe people wont upload our matches because of that... sigh... sir, I get a butt load of PMs about people raving towards my Link in a lag-gy set with someone (leaves blank).

Heck, I uploaded a match with someone as Snake and me Link winning it with style and that got views and acknowledgement.

People wont upload but they will acknowledge.

EVERYONE here has acknowledged me but never UPLOADED it.

It's quite simple really, they don't want to see themselves get beat by a bad character known as Link (and here's the kicker, the connection is wonderful or they upload the tasteless one there is). I've lost hundreds to thousands of I'll just call 'good' replays of me doing stuff with Link.

Alright, we stop here, don't waste my time again. Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom