• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Fantastic games, Orbot. It feels like everyone around here is getting so proficient at adapting right before my eyes. That's what I love to see. Your Peach and Kirby were radical, and I've never played against a Mario nearly as technical as yours either. Had great fun.

Last edited:

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Brawl n-e-1? Zatch?

k it's cool. Thanks you for the ed vice btw. I re-read it before I go into battle sometimes lol. I'm good with arrow-canceling but not so much on wifi. Things like Zair usually comes out too early or too soon.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hmph, stupid WiFi, always killing a man or women's glory, punk. Well, great games, Kudmo? The matches in the beginning were so smooth, I was enjoying myself, still was, ha ha, another Salem fan? I have my good partner Cray, he's a mini Salem, and he does all that fancy stuff, so I know that mach-up so well. Snake and MK are my two favorite mus vs Link. I feel my strongest mu would either be ZSS or, MK. As weird as It reads, I enjoy the MK mu quite a lot. Well, thanks for the wonderful games man.

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
Hmph, stupid WiFi, always killing a man or women's glory, punk. Well, great games, Kudmo? The matches in the beginning were so smooth, I was enjoying myself, still was, ha ha, another Salem fan? I have my good partner Cray, he's a mini Salem, and he does all that fancy stuff, so I know that mach-up so well. Snake and MK are my two favorite mus vs Link. I feel my strongest mu would either be ZSS or, MK. As weird as It reads, I enjoy the MK mu quite a lot. Well, thanks for the wonderful games man.
Yeah, good games, I like all the top Zero Suit players I guess. Also, it was my internet that crapped out, sorry about that.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah, good games, I like all the top Zero Suit players I guess. Also, it was my internet that crapped out, sorry about that.
Ohh, now I know who you are, you're that ZSS from Aib, figures the way you type. It's all good man, not like I haven't experienced WiFi lag to begin with, it holds my Link back so much, shame. Yeah man, you did some cool stuff, I really like how you actually fox trot, and just sit there, good stuff.

Last edited:

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
Ohh, now I know who you are, you're that ZSS from Aib, figures the way you type. It's all good man, not like I haven't experienced WiFi lag to begin with, it holds my Link back so much, shame. Yeah man, you did some cool stuff, I really like how you actually fox trot, and just sit there, good stuff.
Thanks, much appreciated. I saw your post before you edited it, I'm fine with doing doubles if you want.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Thanks, much appreciated. I saw your post before you edited it, I'm fine with doing doubles if you want.
I just don't like to pressure anyone man. You were skilled and great, that's why you and me would be a dominant Team. No problem as well man

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Not weird at all. I always liked Fox vs MK, because you had to stay on point at all times to not get shredded. Even in PM I find it to be an entertaining MU, though I'm typically on Neutered Knight's side in that version.

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man ggs. Nice bowser. I had a hard time trying to counter you. Bowser's grab is not something to mess with.
yeah i had a hard time with his bowser ealier yesterday, but for some reason i was able to almost kick its ass four hours later after being repeatedly 3 stocked earlier. we played two matches after the four hour break, i won the first and he barely won the second with a strong f smash. his grab has some serious range, lucario's f-smash can hit from crazy distances, but he was able to grab me out of one.

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Adding you, on my way!

EDIT: Connection problems?
Had to do something real quick, but I'm back again! Go ahead and host.
Edit: My apologies, my neighbors keep coming to my door lol. I've gotta bounce! Thanks for the games, though few they were. I've gotten new internet and it's terrible I know. :ohwell:

Last edited:

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
jesus dude i know how you feel, im a god with b reversals offline, i play lucario because his air game is crazy and his b reversals screw with the physics of brawl so fricken much, after an offline match with me, even if you win your head will hurt. i can hit you from any angle just by charging aura sphere.

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
@ HI5 HI5 : Please tell me you're there, I want to 1v1 you so badly! xD

Edit: Noooo he disappeared... T__T
I'mma go shower now. =P

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
yeah i had a hard time with his bowser ealier yesterday, but for some reason i was able to almost kick its *** four hours later after being repeatedly 3 stocked earlier. we played two matches after the four hour break, i won the first and he barely won the second with a strong f smash. his grab has some serious range, lucario's f-smash can hit from crazy distances, but he was able to grab me out of one.
You have improved obviously. I can't catch ya! But I meant to ask you yesterday...why did you forfeit on my Pikachu? You no like Thunder?

:025::metaknight:
I love Meta Knight!

Last edited:

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
You have improved obviously. I can't catch ya! But I meant to ask you yesterday...why did you forfeit on my Pikachu? You no like Thunder?
Oh yeah lol ive played against too many pikachu's recently, i still have a sore spot. Even the CPU's know how cheap pikachu is. You're running at me? THUNDERBOLT! You're on a ledge? THUNDERBOLT! You're in the air? THUNDERBOLT! he's probably the second cheapest charcter, eclipsed by meta night and followed by pit

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Um....no. You know nothing about this game. Pikachu is extremely hard to use at a high level, and Pit isn't viable at all. As for Thunderbolt, it's slow, easily punished, and can even be reflected.

Don't usually like to act tryhard, but git gud. Nothing wrong with the things you mentioned.

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
yeah i had a hard time with his bowser ealier yesterday, but for some reason i was able to almost kick its *** four hours later after being repeatedly 3 stocked earlier. we played two matches after the four hour break, i won the first and he barely won the second with a strong f smash. his grab has some serious range, lucario's f-smash can hit from crazy distances, but he was able to grab me out of one.
Seriously?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Not weird at all. I always liked Fox vs MK, because you had to stay on point at all times to not get shredded. Even in PM I find it to be an entertaining MU, though I'm typically on Neutered Knight's side in that version.
Yes, it's just fun and exciting, it first means something, second the mu improves your reaction to things, like being aware that a Nado is coming, and you need to react quickly. Funmy thing is MK can't get in vs Link, Link's Zair keeps him out, Bombs just destroy him (even if he shuttle loops, Link can react with an Fsmash so it's not a free shuttle loop everything). And lastly, if Link stays on the stage, and just clips damage until MK is at killing percentage, then that's it, Link won, Link can even kill early, Link dair kills MK at around 80, andLink's Fsmash kills MK at 100. Dsmash is like 115, Usmash is like 130.And that's still not enough, if MK sends you offstage, and he's flying towards you, Di high and just dair and NO move from MK can go against Link's dair. Then you have flashy stuff which is my middle name, ha ha.

@
PHNX,

I hear you man, b reversals and stuff will always fail on WiFi, my problem I had with Kamo didn't happen until like in the middle, button lag started to exist more, and my buffers failed a lot. Though I still did better than any Link could ever do, I'm still not impressed with myself. I'm a perfectionist, if that one thing didn't work that was due to WiFi, it will annoy me a lot, and so I will lose my focus and just receive a butt load of damage. My goal is to leave a mark on my opponents, not a mark on a score board. I live for the moments with my Link, prove to everyone that Link can't do nothing is all but a myth started by some person. I can also brawl today man, not now, but in a few hours. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Not sure if that was meant to be sarcastic or not, but he was talking about the "Kicking its ass" line (highlighted and bold-faced in his post). I'm not sure if he was refuting the idea that you kicked "its" ass, or he was just bothered that you didn't ascribe a gender to Bowser. Either way, it's not my argument to arbitrate.

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if that was meant to be sarcastic or not, but he was talking about the "Kicking its ***" line (highlighted and bold-faced in his post). I'm not sure if he was refuting the idea that you kicked "its" ***, or he was just bothered that you didn't ascribe a gender to Bowser. Either way, it's not my argument to arbitrate.
Haha it was not meant to be sarcastic, you obviously understand the necessities of tournament play better than i do, I shouldnt have been so quick to judge pikachu, I've never really played the character myself.

Seriously?
As for DM I apologize for my blatantly offensive and horribly phrased message about bowser's MALE ass. I was just feeling a bit excited after improving so much against someone who had previously been beating lucario's also male ass. I realize that the way i phrased it sounded like I dominated the match, which is a slight exaggeration. "Slight" might also be a slight exaggeration. I should have phrased the comment in a much more humble way. Nobody likes a jackass. Undoubtedly these three words will be censored but you get the idea.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
First, don't be bothered by that. I'm so awful at Brawl now that you would likely dominate me, and though I act like a smartass, I've forgotten probably ~75% of what I once knew.

Second, like I posted earlier, he (DM) might just disagree about losing as badly as you phrased it. The gender thing was just a tangential grasp on my part.

This is why I don't need to get involved in other people's problems, lol.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Haha it was not meant to be sarcastic, you obviously understand the necessities of tournament play better than i do, I shouldnt have been so quick to judge pikachu, I've never really played the character myself.

As for DM I apologize for my blatantly offensive and horribly phrased message about bowser's MALE ***. I was just feeling a bit excited after improving so much against someone who had previously been beating lucario's also male ***. I realize that the way i phrased it sounded like I dominated the match, which is a slight exaggeration. "Slight" might also be a slight exaggeration. I should have phrased the comment in a much more humble way. Nobody likes a *******. Undoubtedly these three words will be censored but you get the idea.
No worries. DM is a little moody not to mention competitive. As ruler of the Castle, on DM's behalf, your apology is accepted. As a spectator of the matches you speak of, you seemed to do quite well at avoiding DM's brutal tactics: unlike me, whom she takes great pleasure in pummeling. But I don't mind, usually. Well, ok, sometimes I get pissed. lol

Usually, resulting in a thunder-spamming Pikachu appearance!

Let's play. I want to see some of that abusive game! Oh and show me that Marth thingy!

Last edited:

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
No worries. DM is a little moody not to mention competitive. As ruler of the Castle, on DM's behalf, your apology is accepted. As a spectator of the matches you speak of, you seemed to do quite well at avoiding DM's brutal tactics: unlike me, whom she takes great pleasure in pummeling. But I don't mind, usually. Well, ok, sometimes I get pissed. lol

Usually, resulting in a thunder-spamming Pikachu appearance!
haha lol thanks i enjoy my dodging, and if there wasn't so much lag, you would see a lot of abusive offstage pressure. lucario is so floaty he can KO you with two f-airs, a midair jump followed by another f-air and a d-air and still make it back.

Last edited:

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I don't know how you people COMPLETELY missed my point there. But until you start 3 stocking me every single match, I don't appreciate people claiming to be kicking my ass.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
You guys shouldn't get so bent out of shape about skill. Just remember that everyone here is complete **** compared to tourney-level players, lol.

Top Bottom