• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Good games silverlining, we played for longer than I expected, lol.

Our games got quite campy after a few, but I guess that's Toon Link. :p
Pff, me get campy? Tell that to your ice-blocks/nade lobbing. ;P
Honestly though, I try not to camp.... perhaps I was pulling out a few too many bombs as a defense mechanism or something. I did find myself doing a lot of stupid things so I wouldn't be surprised.
And someday I demand a rematch when I can manage to stop SDing! :D Your MK was fun to play against, and did I see an inkling of a lone Popo or was it accidental? I'd be interested in seeing him if you do, I don't think I've seen one played outside a video.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Z--Zachy...?

*shakes head*

For a moment I thought I was back in the old Arena.

:006:
If I remember correctly, this is the New New New New Member's Fight Arena and AH MA GAD IT'S U

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Dan. Try to work on kicking your rolling habits. If you want room to pluck a turnip, it'd be in your better interest to get rid of your opponent first rather than rolling away from them and giving them something to pick up on. When it comes to ledge recovery, use more of your options. You can still ledge jump, as I advised against do it a lot the last time we played, just moderate yourself when it comes to that. You got too predictable with the standard get-up > roll dodge. You could've grabbed or jabbed upon recovering from the ledge, which would've served you much better than a roll. Also, if you're going to use Peach's aerials to avoid being juggled, you don't need to follow the enemy and make yourself open for punishment. Getting back to ground level shouldn't always be done offensively.

I'm glad to see your improvements, though, especially the glide tossing. Very proud of you. Next I would suggest learning how to glide along the ground to use your aerials more readily, and to string d-airs with other aerials at low percents. But keep at that Peach, mate. It's getting better.

I'll be around if anyone else shows up looking to play.

D

Deleted member

Good games Dan. Try to work on kicking your rolling habits. If you want room to pluck a turnip, it'd be in your better interest to get rid of your opponent first rather than rolling away from them and giving them something to pick up on. When it comes to ledge recovery, use more of your options. You can still ledge jump, as I advised against do it a lot the last time we played, just moderate yourself when it comes to that. You got too predictable with the standard get-up > roll dodge. You could've grabbed or jabbed upon recovering from the ledge, which would've served you much better than a roll. Also, if you're going to use Peach's aerials to avoid being juggled, you don't need to follow the enemy and make yourself open for punishment. Getting back to ground level shouldn't always be done offensively.

I'm glad to see your improvements, though, especially the glide tossing. Very proud of you. Next I would suggest learning how to glide along the ground to use your aerials more readily, and to string d-airs with other aerials at low percents. But keep at that Peach, mate. It's getting better.

I'll be around if anyone else shows up looking to play.
I knew you were going to give me some long list of advice ._. Lol I will practice but seriously what's up with all these Ike players destroying me? ._. Also, Luigi and Sheik were amazing too :p

silverlining

Smash Rookie
We should play
:D Damn straight we should! Let me get online.

Edit: Always with the lag! >.< I had it too in some parts. The connection this past week has been dreadfully shoddy. And I was looking forward to showing you my attempt of an approach game.... D: Sorry our gamres didn't work out. though it seems kirby dittos will still get me. :/ Advice? D: I know I was underusing bair at the start, even in general I think I don't use it enough. But who needs bair when you have that godly fsmash....!

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
:D Damn straight we should! Let me get online.

Edit: Always with the lag! >.< I had it too in some parts. The connection this past week has been dreadfully shoddy. And I was looking forward to showing you my attempt of an approach game.... D: Sorry our gamres didn't work out. though it seems kirby dittos will still get me. :/ Advice? D: I know I was underusing bair at the start, even in general I think I don't use it enough. But who needs bair when you have that godly fsmash....!
I can't really give you any advice because I really don't like playing kirby anymore. I don't like being forced to play patient. People all give me different opinions. That I need to space more. I need to bair more. I bair too much. I'm honestly either going to main someone else or quit because it isn't working out with kirby anymore.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, if you aren't sick of me yet, I could play you! I want to experiment some new things with zelda anyway
Lol, I'll see you online. I may have to leave in a bit, though; friend wants me to hang out for a while.

Top Bottom