• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
Ggs rose... Some advice for you would be to be to use a bit less rolls, and use a lot less smashes (specifically dsmash because you used that move a lot when you don't seem to know what to do)

silverlining

Smash Rookie
I can't really give you any advice because I really don't like playing kirby anymore. I don't like being forced to play patient. People all give me different opinions. That I need to space more. I need to bair more. I bair too much. I'm honestly either going to main someone else or quit because it isn't working out with kirby anymore.
Ahhhh, dude, come on now. I will go scold you in a message or something, you are a very fantastic Kirby. And I assume you play him because you like him as a character, so go play some Kirby's adventure/epic yarn or something. ;P But I'm the same with zelda. I get my face pounded in constantly with her, yet I still try because I just love loz a whole ton and I love seeing the improvements I've made with her. Of course there'll always be people kicking your char around with MKs or whatever but, yeah. Do what you like, there's nothing wrong with aggrrssiveness or bairs if that's how you want to play. Just, careful aggression and mixed up bairs - I could see how someone could predict too muxh bair. It depends on who you're playing, if it's someone like me or dan it's safe to try going all out, but otherwise mix in fairs and uairs too! ^^
Not sure if I did a good peptalk there, but tldr - don't give up, at the most if you want to play around with someone else I can always practice with you. It'd be such a waste of talent though if you tried to drop him.
.... bro.
Now I sound slightly less sappy. Lol

Sorry sorry Zach! >< I'm on now
And Luma, I can play ypu in a bit :D

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm hosting, Silvy. We could do rotations if you two would be up for that.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Man, good games Courage. I started falling apart as our matches went on because you started waiting for me to approach. D:

I've started trying to play some of the spacies, but honestly, trying to make use of their technology online is not easy at all. Don't really like Wolf, just Fox and Falco. ;P dem chain grabs, made me very sad, lol.

I haven't played in quite a while because I'm still thinking of dropping Smash, but I can't seem to stay away though. Decisions...

Edit: lmao, that lag was hilarious in a stupid way. When we tried waiting it out, it seemed fine, but the moment we started trying to play again, it would come back and do stupid stuff. -_-

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games, Rose, I have to go; friend just arrived. Don't know what happened to Silvy. :c

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Well, this isn't working out. You two can just play until you gotta leave zach, then I'll play luma.
Was trying to join but I think perhaps the net was playing up. Or whatever. Let's go at last then, luma. O:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Man, good games Courage. I started falling apart as our matches went on because you started waiting for me to approach. D:

I've started trying to play some of the spacies, but honestly, trying to make use of their technology online is not easy at all. Don't really like Wolf, just Fox and Falco. ;P dem chain grabs, made me very sad, lol.

I haven't played in quite a while because I'm still thinking of dropping Smash, but I can't seem to stay away though. Decisions...

Edit: lmao, that lag was hilarious in a stupid way. When we tried waiting it out, it seemed fine, but the moment we started trying to play again, it would come back and do stupid stuff. -_-
LOL duuude that lag was pretty messed up

As for the matches though, vs spacies i figures waiting it out and negotiating or reading appraches usually lend me many gimping situations. Cuz ya know...fast fallers

D

Deleted member

GGs Dan I see that you're using even more of Peach's moves. Just be careful with the rolls it can get you read or killed sometimes.
I have to practice a lot :p but good games DAS, I dont remember who you played as but you are a great player :)

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
LOL duuude that lag was pretty messed up

As for the matches though, vs spacies i figures waiting it out and negotiating or reading appraches usually lend me many gimping situations. Cuz ya know...fast fallers
I swear, I don't recall it being this bad usually. ;P One day though, when we're all like senior citizens with nothing to do at home, a group of us will meet up and play some Super Smash Bros 9... lmao

I never used to before, but now I feel bad about spamming lasers from all the way across the stage forcing an approach, lol. Maybe it's because I'm getting too impatient, or I just hate when it happens to me, so I approach. Spacies are glass cannons for sure though. They can string stuff you can't even imagine would work and the next thing you know, you're down a stock, or vice-versa from dem gimps. >.>

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
Good games dude, you could definitely become a solid player. Byt seriously, cut out the taunting. I find it quite rude and it really started throwing me off. We're not playing basic brawl.
ok any tips ... with zelda+kirby if u have any

ANY ONE UP FOR A BRAWL

have any courage to brawl me hint hint couragehound

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
ok any tips ... with zelda+kirby if u have any
I didn't play enough of your kirby to say anything noticeable, but stop spamming attacks if they don't work. That upb spam at the beginning was unimpressive.
I still like your Zelda, but you're playing her too aggressively. She's mainly counter aggressive, and she doesn't reallyhave the moveset to try and be a bulldozer. Also I wouldn't recommend grabbing very much. Just me personally, but I'm not a fan of her throws lol. I'd rather do an attack. Also cut out that roll -> dsmash. You should never roll towards me. At least not til later until you start improving your metagame, but now stay a safe distance away and space your attacks.

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
I didn't play enough of your kirby to say anything noticeable, but stop spamming attacks if they don't work. That upb spam at the beginning was unimpressive.
I still like your Zelda, but you're playing her too aggressively. She's mainly counter aggressive, and she doesn't reallyhave the moveset to try and be a bulldozer. Also I wouldn't recommend grabbing very much. Just me personally, but I'm a fan of herthros lol. I'd rather do an attack. Also cut out that roll -> dsmash. You should never roll towards me. At least not til later until you start improving your metagame, but now stay a safe distance away and space your attacks.
thanks for the advice i got alot lately but i keep getting cut down on the rolls ill half to practice on that

line want to go again cuz no one has responded

if not im going to play tales of symphonia dawn of the new world maybe not ??idk

got to go going to a party

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Yosh. Sorry about that DI at the end of the last game. When the connection started spiking, I wanted to get it over with. XD Your Ness is godlike. =O Best I've played in years, haha.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Oh sorry about leaving like that so early Zatch, my grandma needed me for something... Do you still want to continue?

By the way Kirby is actually one of my more hate MUs... Mainly cause of his Smashes and Bair. =P

Also I kind of struggle with keeping a lead. I guess I'm not patient enough or something...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oi, that's cool. I'll host again in a second.

Good games. My shield almost never came out when I wanted it to. ;n; I hate wasting my shield so much online, I try to powershield often enough to conserve it. Sidestepping is too risky so I usually try to avoid doing it on the ground. Bleh. You're a great player, mate. =D That Ness is going places. Inside the history books is a probable location. XD

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Alright, I gotta go eat now... GGs Zatch! :)

That match with Link though I was dying LMFAO

Kind of sucked we were lagging, but oh well. Looking forward to playing you again! :D

Top Bottom